Kabuto Resurrection Jutsu - Naruto Forums
 
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha TV
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
JiraiyaForever
Being Alpha
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,368
JiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is Celestial
Default Kabuto Resurrection Jutsu

We only briefly saw Kabutomaru display the Akatsuki coffins to Tobi (as I call him now), but I think it's safe to say he'll be performing Edo Tensin in the near future. How do you guys feel about this right now?

Well I'm not sure how I feel about Edo Tensin yet. I mean I want to know how much chakra it takes to summon, how much to maintain, and how long it lasts. You know this could really get carried away if lowly Kabuto who merged with Orochimaru is able to summon the entire akatsuki and force their souls to do his bidding. Also, I want to know how much strength they return with and if kabuto has to command them what jutsus to use. I ask this because after learning more about the shodaime and nidaime, there's no way sarutobi could've taken them both on if they had their full arsenal and in their prime.

I'm just curious what other anime watchers feel about a Jutsu that could become more hax then any shit we've seen yet.

~ JF

JiraiyaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums
        


Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Raiden
I'm with COCO
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 33,924
Raiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fearRaiden still makes Uchiha run in fear
Default

I feel as if it provides the anime with juice it desperately needed to be interesting again. If done right, it should be very entertaining for views. Especially those upset about certain character deaths.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Gaara77
Newbie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 83
Gaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant future
Default

I don't think they should, or will, be able to use all their Jutsu. And there has to be some kind of limit to how much Kabuto can use it. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing them back in action, especially Itachi.

I have a different question though...
Before I watched 252 I thought that whoever uses the Resurrection Justu will have to have the body. But now Tobi went looking for Nagato's body even though Kabuto was able to resurrect him. That must mean that he doesn't need the body.... So what the hell does he need? Nothing? That way he could summon anyone he wants.

Gaara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Chuck
Jinchuuriki
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,575
Blog Entries: 1
Chuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is ElysianChuck is Elysian
Default

i'm definitely excited to see Edo Tensei again but this time on a wider scale than what was previously shown with Orochimaru.

Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Antdawg
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Chuunin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 276
Antdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant futureAntdawg has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara77 View Post
I don't think they should, or will, be able to use all their Jutsu. And there has to be some kind of limit to how much Kabuto can use it. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing them back in action, especially Itachi.

I have a different question though...
Before I watched 252 I thought that whoever uses the Resurrection Justu will have to have the body. But now Tobi went looking for Nagato's body even though Kabuto was able to resurrect him. That must mean that he doesn't need the body.... So what the hell does he need? Nothing? That way he could summon anyone he wants.
I believe all they need is a sacrifice If I remember correctly.

Antdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Mr. Waffles
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 5,582
Mr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultra
Default

Edo Tensei already had the potential to be the most hax jutsu ever since the day Oro used it against the 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara77 View Post
I have a different question though...
Before I watched 252 I thought that whoever uses the Resurrection Justu will have to have the body. But now Tobi went looking for Nagato's body even though Kabuto was able to resurrect him. That must mean that he doesn't need the body.... So what the hell does he need? Nothing? That way he could summon anyone he wants.
If I recall correctly... all he needs is a sacrifice, like Antdawg said, and some dna of the person he wants to summon.
So, he doesn't need the entire body... cause that would make it way too hard to pull off lol.

Mr. Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Gaara77
Newbie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 83
Gaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant futureGaara77 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Waffles View Post
If I recall correctly... all he needs is a sacrifice, like Antdawg said, and some dna of the person he wants to summon.
So, he doesn't need the entire body... cause that would make it way too hard to pull off lol.
Ok that makes sense

Gaara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
law558
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10
law558 is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't know what I think about the resurrection jutsu

on one hand its a chance to bring back lots of great characters, & maybe see some characters we've only seen in flashbacks like Hokages

but it could be annoying if after a huge battle, dead opponents are simply brought back again & again

(Have we been told if there's any limitations to the RJ?

Can it only be used once, or limitless times?
Is there a limit to how many Kabuto can summon at once?
Are the 1st 2nd n 3rd Hokages off limits because their souls are in the Reaper?)

law558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Laura
A Perky Wallflower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chez Fran, Cali
Posts: 4,150
Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Default

Yeah, all previous hokages are inaccessible now, their souls are all sealed away. From all of the hype about the first hokage being amazing, i was expecting much more from him when he was resurrected, so either their chakra is really limited, the third was exceptional, or both.

Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
Mr. Waffles
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 5,582
Mr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultraMr. Waffles is the ne plus ultra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agsrower View Post
Yeah, all previous hokages are inaccessible now, their souls are all sealed away. From all of the hype about the first hokage being amazing, i was expecting much more from him when he was resurrected, so either their chakra is really limited, the third was exceptional, or both.
They weren't trying to kill the 3rd.
Oro just wanted them to play with him to mentally torture him.
So, neither the 1st, nor the 2nd, were giving it their all.

Mr. Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
JiraiyaForever
Being Alpha
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,368
JiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is CelestialJiraiyaForever is Celestial
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by law558 View Post
I don't know what I think about the resurrection jutsu

on one hand its a chance to bring back lots of great characters, & maybe see some characters we've only seen in flashbacks like Hokages

but it could be annoying if after a huge battle, dead opponents are simply brought back again & again

(Have we been told if there's any limitations to the RJ?

Can it only be used once, or limitless times?
Is there a limit to how many Kabuto can summon at once?
I agree, we haven't been told any limitations about the RJ (edo tensin) yet. I just hope it doesn't get carried away. Remember that no physical damage even harms them (1st and 2nd's Hokages' limbs reformed about Sarutobi blew them off), so this could get out of hand quickly unless we start hearing about the weaknesses of the jutsu.

JiraiyaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
law558
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10
law558 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agsrower View Post
Yeah, all previous hokages are inaccessible now, their souls are all sealed away. From all of the hype about the first hokage being amazing, i was expecting much more from him when he was resurrected, so either their chakra is really limited, the third was exceptional, or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Waffles View Post
They weren't trying to kill the 3rd.
Oro just wanted them to play with him to mentally torture him.
So, neither the 1st, nor the 2nd, were giving it their all.
Off topic, but do we know who was the third ninja oro tried to summon in that battle? I always assumed in was Minato, but that'd be impossible

law558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
shootingstarsandmoon
Pls, no spoilers!!
Examiner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 847
shootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faithshootingstarsandmoon is a guardian of the faith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukumei View Post
Anime viewers don't know yet, though they can speculate. It is a piece of information we will find out, though.
Lol, it could be the same person as the unknown coffin that kabuto show tobi. Who knows?

Anyway, back to OP, I hope there's a limit to the chakra that the zombies have at least, that will make sense and will limit their battle prowess even if they have the same badass techniques as when they were alive. I can't wait to see Itachi and to hear him speak again Hope he can knock some sense into sasuke.

shootingstarsandmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Hydde
ANIME ONLY Ninja
Elite Teacher
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 996
Hydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hopeHydde is a paragon of hope
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukumei View Post
Anime viewers don't know yet, though they can speculate. It is a piece of information we will find out, though.
I heard and if i remember correctly...thecoffin said "4th"... in other words... it was Minato.


But it doesnt make sensebecause he was sealed by the deadgod.

And Sarutobi, if my mind doesnt fail me... was like "what the.... i cant let THAT one come out".


Who he can be that was more worrsiome than hashirama?

Hydde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
law558
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10
law558 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
And Sarutobi, if my mind doesnt fail me... was like "what the.... i cant let THAT one come out".


Who he can be that was more worrsiome than hashirama?
He was fighting two Hokages & a Sannin. Having to dodge the fastest ninja as well might have been a bit much for the old man

law558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
fwaits
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 49
fwaits has much to be proud offwaits has much to be proud offwaits has much to be proud offwaits has much to be proud offwaits has much to be proud offwaits has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
I heard and if i remember correctly...thecoffin said "4th"... in other words... it was Minato.


But it doesnt make sensebecause he was sealed by the deadgod.

And Sarutobi, if my mind doesnt fail me... was like "what the.... i cant let THAT one come out".


Who he can be that was more worrsiome than hashirama?
Although to be fair, I think I've seen people mention that in the manga, the coffin didn't say 4th on it so it may have been an anime only addition. So who knows if that is what was really meant. Seeing how the Yondaime Hokage was sealed in the reaper, it should have been impossible for it to be him. Perhaps that's why it failed though. I doubt a few shuriken into the body of the coffin did it.

fwaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Laura
A Perky Wallflower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chez Fran, Cali
Posts: 4,150
Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Laura broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
I doubt a few shuriken into the body of the coffin did it.
Ha, I'd lose a lot of respect for the Third if he honestly thought he could prevent it by throwing shuriken at a coffin. Fire release would be so much more effective against a wooden coffin.

Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
law558
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 10
law558 is on a distinguished road
Default

Maybe its such a really delicate jutsu, that even the impact of a few shuriken can cancel it?

that would be a good weakness, considering how overpowered it looks already

law558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
Minatokun
Newbie
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
Minatokun is just really niceMinatokun is just really niceMinatokun is just really niceMinatokun is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Minatokun
Default

So Kabuto did say that there is no weakness to this jutsu, right? Can we trust that information anyway?

Minatokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #20
droidsteel
Probably offline
Elite Jounin
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 2,903
droidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminarydroidsteel is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiraiyaForever View Post
We only briefly saw Kabutomaru display the Akatsuki coffins to Tobi (as I call him now), but I think it's safe to say he'll be performing Edo Tensin in the near future. How do you guys feel about this right now?

Well I'm not sure how I feel about Edo Tensin yet. I mean I want to know how much chakra it takes to summon, how much to maintain, and how long it lasts. You know this could really get carried away if lowly Kabuto who merged with Orochimaru is able to summon the entire akatsuki and force their souls to do his bidding. Also, I want to know how much strength they return with and if kabuto has to command them what jutsus to use. I ask this because after learning more about the shodaime and nidaime, there's no way sarutobi could've taken them both on if they had their full arsenal and in their prime.

I'm just curious what other anime watchers feel about a Jutsu that could become more hax then any shit we've seen yet.

~ JF
Lowly kabuto? You do realise 'lowly' kabuto is the most powerful character going now? He has fucking NAGATO as a weapon. Who can solo any charachter alive at the moment. Thats ONE of his edos.

lowly really isn't the word... even the 5 kages together wouldn't last more than a few minutes if kabuto fought them..

droidsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
Quick Style Chooser


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.    

Design(s) Provided By: Neado Designs

Lifetricks.com Bestlifehacks.org Ben10-games.org
Spiderman-games.com Buyanewcase.com Addicting Games