MS Sasuke vs. Sandaime Raikage - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Naruto Battledome

Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Kai
R I N N I N G
Hokage

Kai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is Rapturous
Default MS Sasuke vs. Sandaime Raikage

EDIT: Move to BD please.

Sasuke at the height of his MS takes on the Third Raikage. Can he do it?

Setting: Heaven/Earth Bridge (Danzo vs. Sasuke)
Knowledge: Basic Sharingan, Amaterasu. Full on each other's Raiton proficiency.
Distance: 20 meters
Restrictions: None, both are IC.

Both want each other dead. Discuss.

NarutoForums

Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
voozel
chill (o Y o)
ANBU Recruit

voozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truthvoozel is an honorable bastion of truth

i think he could ..he fought current raikage with bunch of other ppl and still had some powers so fight a little with the other kages ...so yeah i think he can ...he should use tsukyoumi

Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Itachisaywat
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin

Itachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is Luminary

It's possible if he's able to dodge Amaterasu multiple times. I'm not so sure if the Third can exactly tank an Amaterasu if he needed to. Sasuke has susano'o too, which may save him from a low powered finger attack. He doesn't have knowledge on the technique, but he can possibly reach a conclusion since he has a similar technique in his arsenal (or is that what you meant by raiton proficiency).

Old 02-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Empathy
Disciple of Thunder

Empathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is ElysianEmpathy is Elysian

By "height of his MS" do you mean Sasuke gets his full Susanoo?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Kai
R I N N I N G
Hokage

Kai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is RapturousKai is Rapturous

He doesn't have feats for it as a MS user, so no. For thread purposes, assume Sasuke starts off with this level of Susano'o.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Puppetry
I cut a daisy from my throat.

Puppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < YouPuppetry < You

Sasuke can fight evenly with Ē in close quarters, who, at the very least, possesses his father's speed. Should he feel overwhelmed by the Sandaime (unlikely) a quick paralysis genjutsu or prompt Susano'o deployment should provide the necessary opening for Chidori variants.

It will be a waste of chakra, but once Sasuke discovers this, he'll resort to his trump cards: namely, Amaterasu. It's previously devoured Raiton no Yoroi, so it should be effective here. Supplemented by Enton manipulation, it should spread fairly quickly and kill the Sandaime.

Last edited by Puppetry; 09-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Heshimaru
Newbie of the shadows
Academy Student

Heshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant futureHeshimaru has a brilliant future

I was literally JUST about to create a Sandaime Raikage battle.

Anywho, I really want to say Sasuke, but I just haven't seen him do anything that puts him above Sandaime Raikage. I mean, his skill can easily pierce a Susano'o that A already proved he can smash through. Even with his Susano'o complete, he still lacks what is known as Yata Mirror. I feel that it's the only thing that would shut Sandaime down.

Then again, I don't think he'll be taking an Amaterasu Sword to the face no matter how duriable he is.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
Ryuzaki
Moonlight ۷۸٦
Hokage

Ryuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to Ryuzaki Send a message via MSN to Ryuzaki Send a message via Skype™ to Ryuzaki

Sasuke lacks the proper arsenal to take down Sandaime Raikage, even if he gets hit with Amaterasu, his armor would take on the full blow and then he'd proceed to finger Sasuke

GG Uchiha

Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
EliteJD
Chuunin

EliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big oneEliteJD smokes the big one

someone who almost died fighting A (who only lost lost his arm because of emotion) sure as hell ain't no match for the third raikage who fought 10.000 man all by himself and actually lived to tell about it...

the only attack that actually had effect on the third was his own attack.. there is no prove that sasuke's techniques are stronger than thirds finger techniques (you get it FINGER) also even if amaterasu would have effect.. i think it would take a time for it to actually burn raikage down

Old 02-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #10
Grimm

Grimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultraGrimm is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to Grimm Send a message via Skype™ to Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Sasuke lacks the proper arsenal to take down Sandaime Raikage, even if he gets hit with Amaterasu, his armor would take on the full blow and then he'd proceed to finger Sasuke

GG Uchiha
Ryuzaki just said that an Uchiha is defeated by the 3rd Raikage?
Ah... This isn't Itachi. Of course.

Either way I think that Sasuke could win this match. It's 50/50 IMO. The 3rd can easily pierce his Susano'o with his finger techniques that can even bypass his ultimate defence(ultimate raiton no yoroi + great skin durability).
But Sasuke has a shot with his Susano'o meele attacks and amaterasu.

As you said Ryuzaki, I think it's debatable weather amaterasu would work here or not. 3rd's raiton no yoroi >>> A's (I'm saying this in case Sasuke get's a shot, because the 3rd can easily dodge it, even more so with knowledge).

Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
Turrin
玄武

Turrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultra

Not really enough information to call this match based on feats, considering we don't know if Sandaime would be fast enough to evade Amaterasu or sturdy enough to tank it. However given the fact that Kishi had SM Naruto defeat him after he gained knowledge of Hell Bringer, I'm pretty sure here with Sasuke having the same knowledge if they fought in the manga Kishi would have Sasuke figure out how to defeat him as well.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Kai
R I N N I N G
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetry View Post
It will be a waste of chakra, but once Sasuke discovers this, he'll resort to his trump cards: namely, Amaterasu. It's previously devoured Raiton no Yoroi, so it should be effective here. Supplemented by Enton manipulation, it should spread fairly quickly and kill the Sandaime.
Not disagreeing with the fact that Amaterasu would eventually consume the 3rd, but given his durability (FRS) and endurance (10,000 men/3 days) he could probably wear Amaterasu like a coat for a while. A flaming juggernaut may make it a turn for the worst for Sasuke.

If he can dodge Amaterasu with prior knowledge is also a debatable matter.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Saikyou
Hokage

Saikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is DivineSaikyou is Divine

Sandaime ain't dodging Amaterasu. Sasuke takes this by igniting Sandaime with Amaterasu and spamming Susano'o arrows.

Sasuke with high-difficulty.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
Ryuzaki
Moonlight ۷۸٦
Hokage

Ryuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is ElysianRyuzaki is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to Ryuzaki Send a message via MSN to Ryuzaki Send a message via Skype™ to Ryuzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm6jack View Post
Ryuzaki just said that an Uchiha is defeated by the 3rd Raikage?
Ah... This isn't Itachi. Of course.

Either way I think that Sasuke could win this match. It's 50/50 IMO. The 3rd can easily pierce his Susano'o with his finger techniques that can even bypass his ultimate defence(ultimate raiton no yoroi + great skin durability).
But Sasuke has a shot with his Susano'o meele attacks and amaterasu.

As you said Ryuzaki, I think it's debatable weather amaterasu would work here or not. 3rd's raiton no yoroi >>> A's (I'm saying this in case Sasuke get's a shot, because the 3rd can easily dodge it, even more so with knowledge).
I'm not as much of an Itachi as you make me out to be. At one point or another, I think I was tied with ImSerious for creating the most spite-threads involving Itachi. GrimmjowSensei and Nikushimi have been around long enough to testify to my subliminal Itachi hate

Against Itachi, Sandaime Raikage hasn't shown to be excessively fast to the point where he is disappears from a shinobi's perception. I can see Itachi beating him but with Totsuka and more than likely high-difficulty as I'm pretty sure Raikaggernaut's Finger > Susano'o.

If it's A vs. Itachi, then A wins

Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
IpHr0z3nI
Hokage

IpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Not disagreeing with the fact that Amaterasu would eventually consume the 3rd, but given his durability (FRS) and endurance (10,000 men/3 days) he could probably wear Amaterasu like a coat for a while. A flaming juggernaut may make it a turn for the worst for Sasuke.
A flaming Juggernaut a? I beg to differ given the fact that Cerberus/Raikage/Hachibi/Sasuke all the individuals touched by the flames either immediately succumbed to the effects of it's presence..... Or wasn't fairing too well.

The only one who wasn't hindered by the pain immediately was Raikage, however not expressing pain doesn't implicate it isn't doing damage.... Raikage saw it fit to amputate his arm, as it was essentially a lost cause at this point, and would only result in further damage if not treated.

And such was only his arm, we aren't discussing the possibility of other more "Sensitive" parts of the body.

Quote:
If he can dodge Amaterasu with prior knowledge is also a debatable matter.
I don't think at any point it was ever noted he produced speeds that rivals the prediction abilities of the sharingan.

Being fast doesn't = Automatic counter for Amaterasu. It is regarded as "Unavoidable" for a reason. A's feats is "Special" for a reason..

Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Kai
R I N N I N G
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpHr0z3nI View Post
A flaming Juggernaut a? I beg to differ given the fact that Cerberus/Raikage/Hachibi/Sasuke all the individuals touched by the flames either immediately succumbed to the effects of it's presence..... Or wasn't fairing too well.
Given the fact Sandaime has greater durability than all of those characters, your facts don't give much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpHr0z3nI
The only one who wasn't hindered by the pain immediately was Raikage, however not expressing pain doesn't implicate it isn't doing damage.... Raikage saw it fit to amputate his arm, as it was essentially a lost cause at this point, and would only result in further damage if not treated.
The fight was over. A was more than ready to keep fighting with the black flames on his arm had the fight continued — why do you think he willingly and directly attacked Enton ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpHr0z3nI
Being fast doesn't = Automatic counter for Amaterasu. It is regarded as "Unavoidable" for a reason. A's feats is "Special" for a reason..
Pretty fair sounding. There's a more extensive debate around his durability vs. Amaterasu than his speed vs. it anyways.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
Ryuzaki
Moonlight ۷۸٦
Hokage

Quote:

Sandaime Raikage has greater durability than all those you are comparing him to. A flaming Raikaggernaut would immediately disembowel Sasuke on the spot.
Quote:
And such was only his arm, we aren't discussing the possibility of other more "Sensitive" parts of the body.

I don't think at any point it was ever noted he produced speeds that rivals the prediction abilities of the sharingan.

Raikagernaut's speed isn't the only issue, his durability is what makes him so powerful. Sasuke doesn't have anything that would stop him from getting fingered like the 15 year old girl, that ironically, he turned out to be in the manga

Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Uzamaki Nagato
Agent of Justice
Kage

Uzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is TranscendentUzamaki Nagato is Transcendent

TBH, Sandaime Raikage isn't that much more durable than his son, to the point that he can completely shrug off Amaterasu damage. A has been implied to be comparable to his father in terms of durability, with both of them tanking Mabui's space-time Ninjutsu without their chakra shrouds even active. Food for thought.

Also, Sandaime is only about as fast as v1 Raiton no Yoroi A, and A needed to charge up to v2 in order to evade Amaterasu, so Sandaime definitely isn't dodging Amaterasu. Sasuke can safely and easily outstall the Raikage until he collapses and dies due to extensive burn damage, by just taking to the skies on a Hawk.

Sasuke's Sharingan precognition should allow him to keep up with and evade Sandaime Raikage's superior speed, and give him enough good time to quickly summon a Hawk for flight and safety from the burning, raging and smouldering the Raikaggernaut back on the ground. That's his best chance of victory here.

At the same time, I'm not sure if the Sandaime Raikage can even penetrate Sasuke's Susano'o either, should Sasuke choose to stay on land. Madara survived a direct blast from Onoki's Jinton: Genkai Hakuri with a shieldless Susano'o active - the younger Uchiha's shielded form should block even Yonhon Nukite.

A Susano'o covered in Enton: Kagutsuchi can also pose a great danger to the Raikage, making it impossible for him to land a hit without losing one or more of his limbs, or even his entire body, to the black flames of Amaterasu. That may work, should the Sandaime Raikage somehow be capable of evading Amaterasu.

Also, Sasuke can pressure Sandaime Raikage a lot with Susano'o's arrows and super strength, too, making his burning to death an even more painful and quick process. Worst comes to worst, Sasuke can fire some Enton fireballs into the sky and generate some thunderclouds to charge up for a massive, powerful Kirin.

Sandaime Raikage's Yonhon Nukite easily penetrated his own body and cut him up like a Christmas cake. The mountain-busting Kirin should do the man in for sure, no matter how durable he is. It's on a whole other level from the Rasenshuriken which still cracked up the man's body as an Edo Tensei quite a bit.

Victor: Uchiha Sasuke.

Last edited by Uzamaki Nagato; 02-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
Baroxio
Unlimited Strategy Works
Legendary Ninja

Baroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is RapturousBaroxio is Rapturous

Sasuke takes this easily as long as he's not an idiot.

All he has to do is hop on his bird summon and spam Amaterasu.

The Third Raikage has no long range techniques to speak off, and even if he can do as his son did and dodge Amaterasu, neither of the two can dodge Amaterasu forever (especially considering the flames stay on the battlefield, and Enton can be used to control them) so he eventually loses, no two ways about it.

Any attempt he makes to get close by a jump is seen by Sasuke's Sharingan and gets him ignited with unquenchable black flames in an area he cannot dodge.

That's simply how Hax Amaterasu is.

If Taka Sasuke decides to copy Deidara, only the top tiers can stop him, and only because they have far more Hax than he does.

At high levels, physical abilities aren't nearly as important as the level of HAX you have (fuck hard work, Lee ). And Sasuke's Hax >>>>>>>> Third Raikage's Hax.

Sure there may be a case where Sasuke will go for a physical attack, only to fail, but with Sharingan and Susano'o, getting out of a dangerous zone wouldn't be difficult in the least. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he needs to switch to long range...mode (must...resist...Kakuzu rant...).

tl;dr? Sasuke wins. Easily.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
Rocky

Rocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is ElysianRocky is Elysian

Sasuke's not gonna spam Ammy all day. It no longer damages his eyes, but still consumes chakra.Sure he can do it for a while, but we know that 3rd stamina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasuke stamina.

Also, I don't see why 3rd couldn't be as strong as Sussano'o. 3rd wrestled the Habachi to a tie. Im not so sure Sussano'o strength > Habachi Strength.