Naruto's Next Power-up: Sage Mode + Bijuu Mode? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
vikingweasel
Taking a break

vikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturous
Default Naruto's Next Power-up: Sage Mode + Bijuu Mode?

Sage Mode has been all but forgotten with the introduction of Naruto's new Bijuu Mode, but Kishi still likes to draw Naruto sitting on frogs, and Naruto has been associated with frogs from very early in the series. This makes me think that we haven't seen the last of Gama, or of Sage mode.

What would happen, for instance, if Naruto entered sage mode, combining his powers with the powers of a super powered frog, and from that point entered Bijuu mode, summoning forth the powers of Kurama?

Sage Mode * Kurama Mode = Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode.

All the powers of the mighty frog, mixed with the owerwhelming fire of the nine tailed fox.

Also, i made two quick artists reditions. (Credit goes to katsukio.deviantart.com for the original colouring of the manga stills by Kishimoto. I merely added the froglike effects.)

Naruto in Sagebijuu Mode:

Notice the added green arua, the frog eyes, and the 'F' in the middle of his stomach.

Naruto in Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:

Notice the longer tongue, the frog eyes, and the green stripes in his aura.

Now, one may ask themself, "What possible benefit does this grant Naruto?"

Answer: Kurama is a fire element creature. Gama is a water element creature. This gives Naruto access to powers at both ends of the elemental spectrum, as well as negating the fox's weakness against water.

The End.

vikingweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Heli
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Examiner

Heli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faithHeli is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingweasel View Post
Sage Mode has been all but forgotten with the introduction of Naruto's new Bijuu Mode, but Kishi still likes to draw Naruto sitting on frogs, and Naruto has been associated with frogs from very early in the series. This makes me think that we haven't seen the last of Gama, or of Sage mode.

What would happen, for instance, if Naruto entered sage mode, combining his powers with the powers of a super powered frog, and from that point entered Bijuu mode, summoning forth the powers of Kurama?

Sage Mode * Kurama Mode = Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode.

All the powers of the mighty frog, mixed with the owerwhelming fire of the nine tailed fox.

Also, i made two quick artists reditions. (Credit goes to katsukio.deviantart.com for the original colouring of the manga stills by Kishimoto. I merely added the froglike effects.)

Naruto in Sagebijuu Mode:

Notice the added green arua, the frog eyes, and the 'F' in the middle of his stomach.

Naruto in Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:

Notice the longer tongue, the frog eyes, and the green stripes in his aura.

Now, one may ask themself, "What possible benefit does this grant Naruto?"

Answer: Kurama is a fire element creature. Gama is a water element creature. This gives Naruto access to powers at both ends of the elemental spectrum, as well as negating the fox's weakness against water.

The End.
Sage Mode hasn't been forgotten. On the contrary, it has been used fairly extensively of late. Naruto used it to take down the 3rd Raikage. He used it to locate the spikes on Son Goku and the other beasts.

That being said, he may combine, sage mode with his BM. That. Would. Make. Him. God.

It would be fun to see though.

Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Octavian
Gomu Gomu no
S-Class Missing-nin

Octavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is CelestialOctavian is Celestial

no offense but that looks creepy. i'd rather he perfect his bijuu mode (no 5 min constraint) and use SM as an auxiliary offense, especially against rinnegan users

Octavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
vikingweasel
Taking a break

vikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturousvikingweasel is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli View Post
Sage Mode hasn't been forgotten. On the contrary, it has been used fairly extensively of late. Naruto used it to take down the 3rd Raikage. He used it to locate the spikes on Son Goku and the other beasts.

That being said, he may combine, sage mode with his BM. That. Would. Make. Him. God.

It would be fun to see though.
I forgot it.

Thanks for the correction.

I'm really hoping to see this.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Orochibuto
God of Shinobi

Orochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareilOrochibuto est le sans pareil

He apparently has his chakra merged permanently with Kurama's even in base and apparently even the other Bijuus too (may be all nine) so yeah, when Naruto enter SM it may happen.

Orochibuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
vikingweasel
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochibuto View Post
He apparently has his chakra merged permanently with Kurama's even in base and apparently even the other Bijuus too (may be all nine) so yeah, when Naruto enter SM it may happen.
I would get giddy, I probably should have went and found the kanji for "frog" and used that for his stomach symbol or something. What do you think, should change it?

the 'F' goes fine with the '9'.

but the Kanji would make him more like the 3rd (who wore the kanji for "fire" on his back even when he was retired, and Minato was Hokage. )

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Wrath
Mourning
God of Shinobi

Wrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is Divine
Send a message via AIM to Wrath Send a message via MSN to Wrath

Kurama has never been a fire-element anything. Except maybe in anime filler, I guess, but I wouldn't know about that. It's one of those board myths that just won't die.

In mythology the kitsune is associated with fire, but pretty much all the mythological powers of kitsune (and specifically nine-tailed ones) have been transferred to the Uchiha. Fire, illusions, infinite vision, etc.

Anyway, I currently think that Sage Mode will be used to allow Naruto to compress the full Kyuubi power into a humanoid form. Kind of like V2 Jinchuurikis, but taking the compression even further while preventing the horrible damage it does to the Jinchuuriki's body.

Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Serenity
Twirling towards freedom!

Serenity has disabled reputation

Yeah he will definitely meld sage mode with his Bijuu Mode. I'm expecting an even more Rikudo like look. I'd expect him using Bijuu + sage mode will be entirely a humanoid form though.

Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
vikingweasel
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Kurama has never been a fire-element anything. Except maybe in anime filler, I guess, but I wouldn't know about that. It's one of those board myths that just won't die.

In mythology the kitsune is associated with fire, but pretty much all the mythological powers of kitsune (and specifically nine-tailed ones) have been transferred to the Uchiha. Fire, illusions, infinite vision, etc.

Anyway, I currently think that Sage Mode will be used to allow Naruto to compress the full Kyuubi power into a humanoid form. Kind of like V2 Jinchuurikis, but taking the compression even further while preventing the horrible damage it does to the Jinchuuriki's body.
I would hardly presume to debate you, but he looks like he's made of fire. He's the colour of fire, he glows like fire, etc.

Here, look at this panel of Madara summoning flames:
560, page 5:

Now, look at the page which provided the stock for Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:
571, page 6:

To me, the kyubi's aura and fire look like basically the same stuff.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Marsala
The Ice-Cream Man Cometh
Advisor

Marsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareilMarsala est le sans pareil
Send a message via AIM to Marsala

It's unlikely. We just saw Naruto using both the full power of the Kyuubi and Sage Mode at the same time, and he did it by making a clone which went into Sage Mode. It is probably too difficult to mold sage chakra while mainlining the Kyuubi's chakra.

Marsala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Wrath
Mourning
God of Shinobi

Wrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is DivineWrath is Divine
Send a message via AIM to Wrath Send a message via MSN to Wrath

Quote:
I would hardly presume to debate you, but he looks like he's made of fire. He's the colour of fire, he glows like fire, etc.

Here, look at this panel of Madara summoning flames:
560, page 5:

Now, look at the page which provided the stock for Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:
571, page 6:

To me, the kyubi's aura and fire look like basically the same stuff.
Except it's damn clear by now that just because Naruto looks like he's on fire doesn't mean he actually is. No one has ever even commented on him giving off heat in his new forms. It's a visual, nothing more. His Rasengans have the same visual effect now and they sure as hell aren't Katons.

Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
vikingweasel
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Except it's damn clear by now that just because Naruto looks like he's on fire doesn't mean he actually is. No one has ever even commented on him giving off heat in his new forms. It's a visual, nothing more. His Rasengans have the same visual effect now and they sure as hell aren't Katons.
His Rasengan are wind elemental. They are made by concetrating Chakra based upon the natural affinity of the user into a ball. They require perfect control and perfect focus. Adding fire elemental to the technique would make the technique exponentially more difficult to execute. It's something Naruto would have to train to do, not something that would just come naturally by merging his chakra with the nine-tails.

In addition, i can't see how no one commenting that he gives off heat really proves anything about the elemental nature of Kurama's chakra. For one, i don't remember anyone commenting that Haku's ice daggers were cold. They're ice, they're cold, it's just common sense.

No one mentions how wet Kisame's Suitons are. They're made of water. They're obviously wet.

Two, since we're seeing a spiritual aura i doubt it would burn anything even if it were fire based. It exists on a plane that transcends the rules of physics.

It has to be focused by a conscious mind to impact the material world. At that point it ceases to be spiritual energy and becomes jutsu.

That said, i'm not really an expert of Kurama Chakra, and i think it's been noted that Kurama's Genkii Dama doesn't seem to have an element so i'm hardly in the position to defend my opinion.

It just looks like fire, and since i'm reading the manga with them i trust what my eyes tell me. -_-

Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Golden Circle

Golden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultraGolden Circle is the ne plus ultra

Nice art thread

OTOH:

Golden Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

First Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is Rapturous

This idea has been floating around since Naruto first got Bijuu chakra mode.

So far nothing has come of it.

First Tsurugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #15
Unregistered
ANBU Recruit

Unregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hopeUnregistered is a paragon of hope

Quote:
His Rasengan are wind elemental. They are made by concetrating Chakra based upon the natural affinity of the user into a ball. They require perfect control and perfect focus. Adding fire elemental to the technique would make the technique exponentially more difficult to execute. It's something Naruto would have to train to do, not something that would just come naturally by merging his chakra with the nine-tails.

In addition, i can't see how no one commenting that he gives off heat really proves anything about the elemental nature of Kurama's chakra. For one, i don't remember anyone commenting that Haku's ice daggers were cold. They're ice, they're cold, it's just common sense.

No one mentions how wet Kisame's Suitons are. They're made of water. They're obviously wet.

Two, since we're seeing a i doubt it would burn anything even if it were fire based. It exists on a plane that transcends the rules of physics.

It has to be focused by a conscious mind to impact the material world. At that point it ceases to be spiritual energy and becomes jutsu.

That said, i'm not really an expert of Kurama Chakra, and i think it's been noted that Kurama's Genkii Dama doesn't seem to have an element so i'm hardly in the position to defend my opinion.

It just looks like fire, and since i'm reading the manga with them i trust what my eyes tell me. -_-
There is no need to mention either of those things. If you have a bunch of knives throughout your body, the last thing your gonna think about is how cold they are. Same with the Suitons, they are obviously water and therefore wet, but something being wet is irrevelent because it isn't a dangerous property.

Heat on the other hand is always mentioned and an incredibly dangerous property because of the damage it does. Remember Roshi and his magma coat, and the damage it did to Naruto. The same thing happens in all manga's, i.e. Sanji, Luffy, Ace and Akainu in One Piece; Natsu in Fairy Tail; Yamamoto in Bleach; etc. In those people you have three main characters all whom will be top tiers before their manga ends, one main characters brother who had potential to be a top tier, one top tier and likely final villian and one strongest character in his manga.

I am not saying it is impossible for Kurume to have some fire attacks, it just seems unlikely he hasn't shown any leaning towards it (and we have seen him take over Naruto a few times and fighitng in full form aganist Minato without using anything like that), nor has anyone mentioned him being able to use it even once throughout the manga.

I personally am of the opinion that Kurume unike all the other Bijuu's depends solely on brute strength to make up for his lack of "special abilities" such as Son Goku's Magma or the 6 tail's bubbles. Also there is already two bijuu in the 9 who use fire, three would be overkill.

Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #16
Addy
Kushina sucks more than hinata

Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Addy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

the color

it's horrible

Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #17
Kiss

God of Shinobi

Kiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is Divine

Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
Uzumakinaru
Torture Specialist

Uzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faithUzumakinaru is a guardian of the faith

Both modes at same time is too godly to be done...

Uzumakinaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
lo0p
Bounce with me
Examiner

Location: Pimp slapping fools who put "ask your girlfriend" here
lo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminarylo0p is Luminary

Quote:
Sage Mode has been all but forgotten with the introduction of Naruto's new Bijuu Mode...
lol wut? He's used it a few times in this battle.

But yeah, now that he's working with Kurama I think 9-tails + Sage mode is inevitable.

lo0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
vikingweasel
Taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no need to mention either of those things. If you have a bunch of knives throughout your body, the last thing your gonna think about is how cold they are. Same with the Suitons, they are obviously water and therefore wet, but something being wet is irrevelent because it isn't a dangerous property.

Heat on the other hand is always mentioned and an incredibly dangerous property because of the damage it does. Remember Roshi and his magma coat, and the damage it did to Naruto. The same thing happens in all manga's, i.e. Sanji, Luffy, Ace and Akainu in One Piece; Natsu in Fairy Tail; Yamamoto in Bleach; etc. In those people you have three main characters all whom will be top tiers before their manga ends, one main characters brother who had potential to be a top tier, one top tier and likely final villian and one strongest character in his manga.

I am not saying it is impossible for Kurume to have some fire attacks, it just seems unlikely he hasn't shown any leaning towards it (and we have seen him take over Naruto a few times and fighitng in full form aganist Minato without using anything like that), nor has anyone mentioned him being able to use it even once throughout the manga.

I personally am of the opinion that Kurume unike all the other Bijuu's depends solely on brute strength to make up for his lack of "special abilities" such as Son Goku's Magma or the 6 tail's bubbles. Also there is already two bijuu in the 9 who use fire, three would be overkill.
No one mentions how hot Madara's Katon is, either. :shrug

edit:

Last edited by vikingweasel; 02-14-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added fake picture