Kushina "Find a girl like me" - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
WhiteWolf
Lone wolf
S-Class Missing-nin

WhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is Ascendant
Default Kushina "Find a girl like me"

So the question is: What human quality do you think Kushina emphasiszed when she said "find a girl like me"?

Answer that question with one human quality:
Loving (is my answer).

Please elaborate why you chose your answer:
I think Kushina would do anything for Naruto. And she wants someone who cares and loves Naruto.
I don't think Kushina meant Naruto should find a girl who would misjudge him like how Sakura, and tons of other Konoha people did.
Because Kushina did misjudge Yondaime - So why would a mother want a girl who would misjudge his son?

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 02-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.
WhiteWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
left behind
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Academy Teacher

left behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hopeleft behind is a paragon of hope

Impregnate every girl around. After every childbirths, he would sure know that type of girl. Too bad she's already dead!

Seriously, it must be her being a vessel filled with love. hmm

left behind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
FrayedThread
•❁ The Royal Wizard ❁•

FrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Rose of Summer View Post
Isn't it something he has in store for Sasuke?

This is bound to turn into yet another NH vs NS thread later...

Naruto didn't think of any girls after he was recalling what his mother told him.
I don't think that this can be used to support any pairing - seeing as it is Naruto himself who is most similar to Kushina.

FrayedThread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Luiz
Mistah L

Luiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultraLuiz is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to Luiz

Quote:
Because Kushina did misjudge Yondaime - So why would a mother want a girl who would misjudge his son?
Kushina only said she didn't think of Minato as the genius he was bound to be.

Unless we get a flashback panel of her treating him like lowly garbage, her younger self can't be compared to early Sakura.

Luiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
WhiteWolf
Lone wolf
S-Class Missing-nin

WhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is Ascendant

As thread starter i wanted you guys to answer only my question.

~snip~

Last edited by Naruko; 02-10-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: don't feed trolls, just reply to people kind enough to answer the op
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
FrayedThread
•❁ The Royal Wizard ❁•

FrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is TranscendentFrayedThread is Transcendent

Reread the question again - misunderstood first time sorry.

I don't really think that is matters whether the girl Naruto would get with misjudged him at first.
What really counts is that they love him as Kushina did Minato, she probably trusts that someone like her will be able to give him the affection that he needs.

FrayedThread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
uby
Integra's Servant
Academy Teacher

uby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faithuby is a guardian of the faith

she meant Karin

uby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
SageEnergyMode
Legendary Ninja

SageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is Transcendent

She told him not to choose anybody weird. Naruto once refers to Hinata as weird, but also said that he likes people like her.

Naruto, in some cases, has lived a life adhering to the things that his mother wanted for him, but in other ways, he has not. The same will be true for the girl he likes. We already have our proof that it isn't Sakura. Naruto will not choose a girl like his mother. He will end up with Hinata. Whether Kishi gives that any serious focus or not is another story entirely, but that's how I feel it will go down.

Want proof that Naruto will choose Hinata?

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...4-page-12.html

and the nail in the coffin is these three manga pages before neji's and naruto's fight.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...8-page-12.html

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...8-page-13.html

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...8-page-14.html

He thought of Hinata as weird, but he likes people like her.

Kishi even showed us more during this war when both could tell something important about the other just by looking at the other's eyes. That's a red flag if I ever saw it. It's going to be Naruto and Hinata, unless she is killed or something.

SageEnergyMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
SageEnergyMode
Legendary Ninja

SageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is TranscendentSageEnergyMode is Transcendent

It's so obvious that it's going to be Hinata and Naruto. People are just blind to the obvious hints. Kushina herself once thought of Minato as a wimp, and someone who seemed unreliable.

Naruto started out basically oblivious to the fact that Hinata liked him, and even once referred to Hinata in the very same terms as the type of girl his mother told him NOT to choose, but, in Naruto's own words, he really likes people like Hinata. She confessed her love to Naruto, and it was real. Sakura did the same, and Naruto saw it for the bull that it was. Sakura didn't mean it. Sakura also knows from the pain arc that Hinata really loves Naruto.

Hinata again this chapter said she's going to finally make her move, and take things to the next level with Naruto. She could tell that it was the real Naruto, and not some enemy just by looking at his eyes. She could tell something that neither Kiba's nose, or Neji's Byakugan could ascertain. Naruto paid back that connection that they have in kind by also basically being able to look at her eyes and tell that she was troubled, and what she was thinking. People, these aren't small hints. They are big colossal hints that Naruto and Hinata is far more realistic and possible than any other female in this entire manga.

Naruto + Sakura is a joke and a fantasy. Naruto and Hinata? Done deal. It's just a matter of how much Kishi wants to signal this to us in further chapters.

SageEnergyMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
ninjaneko
Ghoul Eyes
S-Class Missing-nin

ninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysianninjaneko is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Use a human quality to answer what Kushina meant by "A girl like me":

Loving

I think Kushina would do anything for Naruto. And she wants someone who cares and loves Naruto.
I don't think Kushina meant Naruto should find a girl who would misjudge him like how Sakura, and tons of other Konoha people did.
For the love of Kushina, take it to the HOU! My Mods, My Mods, why have you forsaken me?

This topic actually had potential...until it reveled itself a pairing thread in the OP. But since it's interloping in my Library, I'll answer it seriously >_>.

If Kushina had to clarify with one (why only one?) quality, she would probably say, "Awesome dattebane!"

She's just facetiously bragging on herself, mostly. I can see Naruto saying the same thing to his daughter.

To clarify, I'm not saying she's full of herself or insincere. Kushina knows she's got some good qualities (and bad) and a good relationship, and she wants her son to have a good relationship too. It's personal bias whether one can better see Hinata or Sakura lining up with that vague statement... and also beside the point.

"A girl like me" means someone like her - in other words, it can mean whatever you want it to mean as long as it doesn't contradict her character.

There's little point in turning it into a pairing debate, putting down one character and trumping up another, drawing tenuous and largely speculative comparisons, as if it held some magical significance for Naruto's future waifu.

/neko out.

Last edited by ninjaneko; 02-10-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: gotta nip these things in the bud >_>
ninjaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
Haloman
Fair and Balanced
ANBU Captain

Haloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is CelestialHaloman is Celestial

Quote:
As thread starter i wanted you guys to answer only my question.

Anyone stating that this will turn into a pairing war are people who want it to happen.

Just answer the dam thread and get lost.
What question? Look what you asked:

Quote:
Use a human quality to answer what Kushina meant by "A girl like me":

Loving

She wouldn't? I guess the question is answered!

I will gtfo out, though. ~snip~

Last edited by Naruko; 02-10-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: bait
Haloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Fruits Basket Fan
Etchii
Legendary Ninja

Fruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is TranscendentFruits Basket Fan is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageNaturalEnergyBunshin View Post
It's so obvious that it's going to be Hinata and Naruto. People are just blind to the obvious hints. Kushina herself once thought of Minato as a wimp, and someone who seemed unreliable.

Naruto started out basically oblivious to the fact that Hinata liked him, and even once referred to Hinata in the very same terms as the type of girl his mother told him NOT to choose, but, in Naruto's own words, he really likes people like Hinata. She confessed her love to Naruto, and it was real. Sakura did the same, and Naruto saw it for the bull that it was. Sakura didn't mean it. Sakura also knows from the pain arc that Hinata really loves Naruto.

Hinata again this chapter said she's going to finally make her move, and take things to the next level with Naruto. She could tell that it was the real Naruto, and not some enemy just by looking at his eyes. She could tell something that neither Kiba's nose, or Neji's Byakugan could ascertain. Naruto paid back that connection that they have in kind by also basically being able to look at her eyes and tell that she was troubled, and what she was thinking. People, these aren't small hints. They are big colossal hints that Naruto and Hinata is far more realistic and possible than any other female in this entire manga.

Naruto + Sakura is a joke and a fantasy. Naruto and Hinata? Done deal. It's just a matter of how much Kishi wants to signal this to us in further chapters.
Here is the thing: unless Naruto made a monolugue or shows in his actions that he feels for Hinata as she does for him......then NH went nowhere.

Most of the so called NH moments have been Hinata-->Naruto.....Hardly any Naruto in return.

And you are using a scene from part I where Naruto still did not look at Hinata in a romantic light after that....as evidence? He clearly did not mean it in a romantic light when he said that, otherwise, he would have stopped liking Sakura.

I love how you are using the Kushina: pick someone like me line. Both the NH and NS versions of twisting it are hilarious.

You said that Kushina looked down and made fun of Minato......only to change her mind when he proved his worth to her. But that could also mean:

Naruto would make a girl, who use to make fun of him and looked down at him, fall in love with him when he fulfills a certain task or proves himself in a way that will appeal toward that girl.......Kushina told him to find a girl just like her, after all !!!!!

.................................................. .

See how stupid that was?

Naruto did not even think of either girl when Kushina said that. It is best to wait to see how Naruto sees this or else you will look like a fool if the manga does not go toward your expectations.

Much like the Zutara fandom.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 02-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
WhiteWolf
Lone wolf
S-Class Missing-nin

Kushina said "Find a girl like me".
And i am not Kushina. Neither am i Kishimoto.

Therefor what i think of what Kushina meant is just a opinion - not a fact. And i am not gonna say "Kushina meant this" and state it as a fact - BECAUSE i simply don't know what she meant.

So the question is: What human quality do you think Kushina emphasiszed when she said "find a girl like me"?

So answer that question with one human quality:
Loving (is my answer).

If your gonna use it against me that i am a Hinata and NarutoxHinata fan, then you can go ~snip~.

I made this thread to find out people's opinion on what quality they think Kushina found most important in a girl.
So if your gonna try to start a war with me (a pairing one), you can again go (let's call it "away").

Do i make myself clear?

Last edited by Naruko; 02-10-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: little harsh - try not to let baiters get to you
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
Blackberry90
ANBU Recruit

Blackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truthBlackberry90 is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Rose of Summer View Post
Isn't it something he has in store for Sasuke?
Lol.

Well, to be honest, I can see some similarities between Kushina and Sakura, but I don't think Kushina saying "find a girl like me" means Naruto will end up with someone excatly like Kushina.

Quote:
So answer that question with one human quality:
Loving (is my answer).
And I agree with this.

Blackberry90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
WhiteWolf
Lone wolf
S-Class Missing-nin

Please everyone: stick to answering my question and what your interpretation of Kushina's setence.

To start the discussion on what can't be the right interpretation:
If Kushina meant a exact copy of herself - then that would be weird. It would be very shallow of Kushina to say "Find a girl like me".

She must have thought of a quality or qualities.

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 02-10-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
Naruko
Administratrix
Administratrix

Naruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sunNaruko is invincible under the sun
Send a message via MSN to Naruko

Ok, guys - lighten up and be on topic (re-read the opening post) and give a civil, topical answer or just don't reply.

If you don't want this to be a "pairing" thread, don't talk like it is. If you have a serious opinion, give it (please no more NaruxKushi jokes, ok? Addy, blargh, seriously )

If you don't give a darn about the opening post, go to another thread, ok?

Play nice and if you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, don't get mad, get mod.

Naruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
bleakwinter
Spiteful Bitch
ANBU Squad Leader

bleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestialbleakwinter is Celestial

"Find a girl like me" = "Find a girl that isn't Sakura"

bleakwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
ImSerious
Legendary Ninja

ImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is AscendantImSerious is Ascendant

Why was my post deleted? The Op asked for a human quality didnt he?

ImSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Psychic

Location: Drifting on a boat at dawn eternally towards the endless horizon
Psychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is RapturousPsychic is Rapturous

Hot-Tempered.

I think Kushina is so selfish to tell Naruto who to love. Naruto can decide for himself. This is about Naruto happiness, not his mom. Kushina is the perfect example of an unperfect mom.

Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
Saturnine
Escaping the Wood in Vain
Legendary Ninja

Saturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is AscendantSaturnine is Ascendant
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturnine

For me it was one of the most irritating moments in Naruto. The mom wanted his son to find a girl like herself - loud-mouthed, tomboyish, annoying, temperamental, crabby, nagging, bitching. In other words, Sakura. Though women beating men in shonens can be funny, it gets tiresome real fast and I don't think this is a good matchup in real life.

Saturnine is offline   Reply With Quote