• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Naruto Music
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > Outskirts Battledome Archive
 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default Musketeers vs. Conquistadors

France's elite soldiers serving King Louis vs. Spain's elite soldiers led by Hernan Cortes

Who wins?

Jakers is offline  
NarutoForums
        


Old 11-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
I3igAl
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,396
I3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asassin View Post
France's elite soldiers serving King Louis
This should mean Garde Musketeers not the average heavy infanterist.


Are the Conquistadores an elite unit? I thought they were just random adventurers trying to make their fortune. Although they godstomped the Aztec people.

I3igAl is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
This should mean Garde Musketeers not the average heavy infanterist.
i only mentioned king louis just to give both sides an unique introduction of their own, like I do with hernan cortes (since most conquistadors are associated with him).

Quote:
Are the Conquistadores an elite unit? I thought they were just random adventurers trying to make their fortune. Although they godstomped the Aztec people.
well they were elite in weapons and technology compared to the lightly armored Aztecs. I don't think they fought many other people besides the natives from the americas.

Jakers is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Nevermind
Evil Nihilist
Jinchuuriki
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 6,331
Blog Entries: 133
Nevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is ElysianNevermind is Elysian
Send a message via Skype™ to Nevermind
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
Are the Conquistadores an elite unit? I thought they were just random adventurers trying to make their fortune. Although they godstomped the Aztec people.
And you're right. They weren't elite warriors like the Musketeers of the Guard. If this is unit vs unit, the espirit de corps of the Musketeers should be a lot higher, and the average Musketeer of the Guard had a shitton of experience in sword fighting. Not to mention that their firearms should be slightly better as well.

Nevermind is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
I3igAl
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,396
I3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is LuminaryI3igAl is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
And you're right. They weren't elite warriors like the Musketeers of the Guard. If this is unit vs unit, the espirit de corps of the Musketeers should be a lot higher, and the average Musketeer of the Guard had a shitton of experience in sword fighting. Not to mention that their firearms should be slightly better as well.
Okay than it is like I thought. Then the musketeers takes this relatively easy, they should also have superior team tactic's. They are superior in melee. A msketeer is a guy, who starts duels for fun, even when it already got forbidden by death penalty. They are nobles and have a higher percentage of horseman. The spanish armor shouldn't help that much, there is must be a reason, why those wren't used in Louie XIII. France that often anymore.

I3igAl is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default

I thought they were both even in terms of armor. I mean steel cuirass is pretty hard to beat in a melee fight.

Jakers is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Riddler
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Torture Specialist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,198
Riddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faithRiddler is a guardian of the faith
Default

Conquistadors? Was it forty? Or was it 400?

Riddler is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Samavarti
Tedium is boring
Legendary Ninja
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Exopotamie
Posts: 5,211
Samavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareilSamavarti est le sans pareil
Default

Musketeers are better trained and probably better equipes, while Los Conquistadores were a bunch of people searching for fortune with no much training whose victory had a lot fo help of the smallpox, and their Hernan Cortez resemblance to their myth.
That said shouldn't the Conquistadores have numeric advantage?

Samavarti is online now  
Old 11-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
Conquistadors? Was it forty? Or was it 400?
Maybe it is.

Jakers is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
The Immortal WatchDog
don't step in my yard
Kage
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: south fl
Posts: 9,421
The Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is Transcendent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
And you're right. They weren't elite warriors like the Musketeers of the Guard. If this is unit vs unit, the espirit de corps of the Musketeers should be a lot higher, and the average Musketeer of the Guard had a shitton of experience in sword fighting. Not to mention that their firearms should be slightly better as well.
Spain did to be fair have a very powerful very well respected and very dangerous army for a long time. then they stupidly bankrupted themselves fighting Religious wars while England and France were busy kicking the rest of the worlds asses and becoming powerful and wealthy civilizations for it

It's amazing though how many people think France never had a bad ass army and still don't historically they have to have always been in the top three if not enjoying a stint in the number one spot. Seriously WW2 aside (which seemed to be more about mule stupid arrogance and a string catastrophic judgment calls from the French leadership then their own soldiers lacking balls they had plenty of that but monkeys were flying the starship basically)

Garde Musketeers would probably not have much in the way of practical experience though yes? unlike the regular french soldier who probably had an ass load more Lewis own would probably spend more time being body guards no?

the average conquistador on the other hand while not an actual soldier did come from a country that had been fighting off Moors for a long time and would have likely had enormous amount of experience in the new world. I'd think the musketeer would be more professional but I wouldn't rule out the conquistador he maybe little more than a hired gun but he might be one that's been raping and fighting for god and money since he was a kid

The Immortal WatchDog is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default

Man can't believe it's been a year since I made this thread. Whoo boy... how time flies so fast that I miss 2011 (and soon to be, 2012).

Anyways I wonder... if both Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizzarro had prep and all his weapons, could he take on the French Musketeers?

or for a more interesting scenario, how would D'Artagne and the Three Musketeers from Alexander Duma's novel fare against Hernan Cortes, Francisco Pizzarro, or any Conquistador squad for that matter?

Jakers is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Hidalgo
Just a simple man.
Academy Teacher
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
Hidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hopeHidalgo is a paragon of hope
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal WatchDog View Post
Spain did to be fair have a very powerful very well respected and very dangerous army for a long time. then they stupidly bankrupted themselves fighting Religious wars while England and France were busy kicking the rest of the worlds asses and becoming powerful and wealthy civilizations for it

It's amazing though how many people think France never had a bad ass army and still don't historically they have to have always been in the top three if not enjoying a stint in the number one spot. Seriously WW2 aside (which seemed to be more about mule stupid arrogance and a string catastrophic judgment calls from the French leadership then their own soldiers lacking balls they had plenty of that but monkeys were flying the starship basically)

Garde Musketeers would probably not have much in the way of practical experience though yes? unlike the regular french soldier who probably had an ass load more Lewis own would probably spend more time being body guards no?

the average conquistador on the other hand while not an actual soldier did come from a country that had been fighting off Moors for a long time and would have likely had enormous amount of experience in the new world. I'd think the musketeer would be more professional but I wouldn't rule out the conquistador he maybe little more than a hired gun but he might be one that's been raping and fighting for god and money since he was a kid
Good points.

Hidalgo is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
The Immortal WatchDog
don't step in my yard
Kage
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: south fl
Posts: 9,421
The Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is TranscendentThe Immortal WatchDog is Transcendent
Default

We need more historical threads

The Immortal WatchDog is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
Crimson Dragoon
Twin Blood
Final Villain
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24,436
Blog Entries: 3
Crimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is EternalCrimson Dragoon is Eternal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecola View Post
Man can't believe it's been a year since I made this thread. Whoo boy... how time flies so fast that I miss 2011 (and soon to be, 2012).

Anyways I wonder... if both Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizzarro had prep and all his weapons, could he take on the French Musketeers?

or for a more interesting scenario, how would D'Artagne and the Three Musketeers from Alexander Duma's novel fare against Hernan Cortes, Francisco Pizzarro, or any Conquistador squad for that matter?
you don't fucking necro threads

Crimson Dragoon is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #15
Jakers
Level of Fucks Given: Zero
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 3,277
Blog Entries: 105
Jakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faithJakers is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Jakers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Dragoon View Post
you don't fucking necro threads
Easy buddy... it was just in commemoration for the good ones I made last year and this year.

@ Immortal Watchdog: I couldn't agree more mate.

Jakers is offline  
 
Thread Tools
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
Quick Style Chooser


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.    

Design(s) Provided By: Neado Designs

HD Car Wallpaper HQ Car Wallpapers Rolex Wallpapers Yacht Wallpapers Ben 10 Games
Spiderman Games Naruto Wallpaper Addicting Online Games Email Scams Celebrity Hair Styles