Obito theory - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > House of Uzumaki Archives

Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Pookus22
Academy Student

Pookus22 is on a distinguished road
Default Obito theory

Ok, i see this theory all around the internet, essentially many think the man behind the mask (tobi/madara) is really Obito. It was hugely popular years ago but when the masked man pronounced himself Madara it quelled, yet with recent events it is resurfacing. People seem to think that the masked man only has one eye shown because he's Obito and he gave one eye to kakashi. Am I the only person who see's the flaw in this? Half Obito's head gets crushed by a rock. He gives his other eye to Kakashi. So Obito has a grand total of NO EYES! Am I missing something? Can someone explain why people still follow this theory? Please, help me!

NarutoForums

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
Paragon
5th Kazekage 愛

Paragon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultraParagon is the ne plus ultra

Well, Tobi does have a lot of Sharingan eyeballs stored in his hideout.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro has disabled reputation

I think most of the Tobi = Obito believers are thinking that it's just Obito's body being used. (not that Tobi's actions and goals are really being done by Obito/Someone has control over the body) Like Saru said, with the hideout Obito's missing eyes could have easily been replaced with a new pair of sharingan eyes.

I'm not a believer of Tobi being Obito or his body is being used, imo I think Tobi is Izuna or a part of Madara.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
Pookus22
Academy Student

highly improbably, but ill admit- still possible. But what about the entire side of his body being crushed? Not to mention a lack of motive. People seem awfully ready to villainise a character who died nobly. Why are there no rampant rumors that the man behind the mask is Hiruzen Sarutobi? ^_^

Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #5
Imamember
And yes you can join!
Examiner

Imamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faithImamember is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Imamember Send a message via MSN to Imamember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookus22 View Post
highly improbably, but ill admit- still possible. But what about the entire side of his body being crushed? Not to mention a lack of motive. People seem awfully ready to villainise a character who died nobly. Why are there no rampant rumors that the man behind the mask is Hiruzen Sarutobi? ^_^
Because hiruzen being tobi would be too epic for this manga!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
Pookus22
Academy Student

I posted too slow and had missed your explanation of his controlled body, Roronoa. But I see what your saying. Id like to have faith that Kishi would not be so droll though

Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
Escargon
Madz
S-Class Missing-nin

Escargon has disabled reputation

If you look carefully on the chapter where Obitos face got crushed, it looks that the rock didnt crush it in some pics anyway:d

And that body could be a hold on ZETSU CLONE! Like Kisame VS Bee omfg.

Honestly, i dont think its Obito but at the same time i hope it is=(

I just want to see Kakashis reaction.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
Pookus22
Academy Student

I think the only thing this theory was ever based on was the prospect of Tobi/Madara only having one eye. And since he says that he destroyed his left eye using Izunagi against Konan, and the right one has always been shown...
Makes about as much sense as the masked man turning out to be Gamatatsu, which i would much rather see!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #9
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

First Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is Rapturous

Half of his body being crushed doesn't necessarily mean his eye was destroyed.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
Kiss
SS: Hottest Canon Couple Ever
God of Shinobi

Kiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is DivineKiss is Divine

I'm certain he isn't Obito.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #11
Stelios
Sensationalism Guru
ANBU Squad Leader

Stelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareilStelios est le sans pareil

this theory probably came up by some paranoid stoned teenager.Since when do the Gaiden characters take protagonist position in a manga?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #12
orbit
Academy Student

orbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to beholdorbit is a splendid one to behold
tsukuyomi Obito theory

so I just wanted to try to explain the obito theory, cause I my self am a firm believer in it. Its based on the concept that 1. Obito has an open eye socket, from the eye that he gave Kakashi, which he could have used as a space to place his rinnegan. 2. Obito had half of his body crushed, but this is STILL a manga world, where injuries can be healed, and are rarely permanent. 3. It is not Obito himself, as someone mentioned earlier, but another character, who is using Obitos body in order to complete his conquest. 4. Tobi has mentioned several times he was not up to par to take on his enemies, meaning he could have been recovering from the fact that he is using a very unstable body.
The motive for it, we would learn later, but I personally believe it could be the sage of six paths, just because he would be the only one who could survive this long, and his motive could simply be that he regrets bringing the ninja world into existence.
any other ideas on who it could be? O and plus the fact that the character tobi has same hair style as obito, lol. and his sharingan seen to take the form of mayekugan around the same time that Kakashis did.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
rudeboi
Academy Student

rudeboi is on a distinguished road

Obito will be Kakashi's "Sasuke", like Ooooooorochambo was Jiraya's.

It just fits too well, it is him and you are fooling yourself if you think it isn't.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
RockpiRate
♪..a, pirate life for me...♫
Special Jounin

RockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is LuminaryRockpiRate is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roronoa Zoro View Post
I think Tobi is Izuna or a part of Madara.
This.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
Pookus22
Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboi View Post
Obito will be Kakashi's "Sasuke", like Ooooooorochambo was Jiraya's.

It just fits too well, it is him and you are fooling yourself if you think it isn't.
But what do you base it on? So far nobody has given a single good reason why it should be Obito. Everyone just has a "hunch" huh? There is no evidence whatsoever. The whole "one hole in the mask" idea is clearly moot for the reasons 'ive already stated above. Obito is so dead its not funny. I think some people just want to believe its him so much they do, and even this I don't understand- Tobi secretly being Obito is the worst plot twist in fiction I have ever heard of. Have you so little faith in Kishimoto as a storyteller? It would be like Darth Vader confessing to Luke that he was really Uncle Owen. Actually, that doesn't sound half bad...

Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
shinethedown
Mr D
S-Class Missing-nin

shinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendantshinethedown is Ascendant

The true Obito theory

Spoiler: