Meruem and Komugi appreciation thread - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library > Hunter x Hunter

Old 10-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Ennoea
Red Light

Ennoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultraEnnoea is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to Ennoea
Default Meruem and Komugi appreciation thread

So after 5 years it finally ended, the way most of us expected it to aswell, in out right tragedy. I've been following these two characters from the start and for me they remain two of the most compelling characters in Shonen history. The flawed villain and the blind weak girl who was the only to defeat him, finally finding their places in the world, right beside eachother. I know I'm late but I just caught up to it right now.

In the darkness she could truly see him. And in his darkness she was there. He wasn't isolated anymore, and neither was she. Brb crying.

Any bitches that come to desecrate this will be met with negs. I want a celebration. Discuss

I mean it mattaru

Ennoea is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 10-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
HappyHalloween
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin

HappyHalloween has disabled reputation

There's nothing to appreciate, nothing of value was lost.

Mereum had potential to be awesome, but was mindfucked to death by shogi.

HappyHalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Fran
I'm with Bruce

Fran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cuteFran is pretty cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoea View Post
I mean it mattaru
But it's my OTP CMgogo .

Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Selva

Selva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowSelva is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

Both were my favs in this arc who would've thought when Meruem met Kumogi for the first time, that it will all end like that? Personally, I didn't see that coming at all.

Good bye you two. I'll miss you

Selva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Trunkz Jr
♠ Saiyan Iconst ♥
Jounin

Trunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is CelestialTrunkz Jr is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Trunkz Jr Send a message via Skype™ to Trunkz Jr

It really how great how Togashi made him into this all powerful villain. Had him come back only to be stronger taking away any hope of someone defeating him (everyone was calling the ging card or a power hunter to come to defeat him) and in the end he made us feel this way about the king, it really was an awesome experience. Some people freaked out about the black pages, I was confused but understood and got a little emotional as soon as you see the both it was something like no other manga has done to me before. I mean Hinata confessing her love to Naruto was kewl but this was 1000x more powerful in terms of an emotional effect.

Trunkz Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
roma1689
Genin

roma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hoperoma1689 is a paragon of hope

What Honnehbunneh says below pretty much reflects how I feel. When the arc started I didn't really like the king or komugi but by the end of the arc I really came to like them. They are perfect for each other ;]

09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Honnehbunneh
This is Togashi's style, not just laziness. Everything has meaning. This blank panels would indicate that the king has become blind after the poison effect intensifies and is playing from memory just like Komugi who is also blind. Also his name Meruem means "Light that shines on everything" so the arrangement of the panels to the eventual scene of Komugi embracing Meruem on her lap fits perfectly. Meruem is the light of her life, the only being who has given her so much happiness during her life of suffering. Only people who have closely read the manga arc will truly understand.

MOST TOUCHING MANGA SCENE I HAVE EVER READ. GODDAMN IT TOGASHI~!!! Only togashi can turn an all-out monster into a kind and loving individual that we all don't want to die........... T__T RIP MERUEM.

roma1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Nightblade
keepin it real

Nightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is TranscendentNightblade is Transcendent

only thing I appreciate Komugi for was trolling that faggot Pufu. Muruem and ant arc is filler.

Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
KnockxKnock
ANBU Recruit

KnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is LuminaryKnockxKnock is Luminary

Great character development by Togashi, what a contrast between newborn King and the King about to die, and without seeming cheesy.

And Komugi is the first snot nosed character that I had ever considered cute.

KnockxKnock is offline   Reply With Quote