Amaterasu? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
bsteves33
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Elite Teacher

bsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of lightbsteves33 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Amaterasu?

Can naruto dodge amaterasu in SM? are his sensorship abilities for danger + reaction feats and speed in SM enough to react to?

bsteves33 is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 10-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
Cyphon
Brotherhood of the Beard
Final Villain

Cyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareilCyphon est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Cyphon

Yes, he probably can.

Cyphon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
momma bravo
Special Jounin

momma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminarymomma bravo is Luminary

he's basically the neo yellow flash. i don't see why he couldn't.

momma bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
lamexu
True leader of the leaf
Genin

lamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big one

I don't know. it took raikage's lightning shroud to dodge it. I don't think naruto at sage mode is as fast as lightning shroud, so i don't think he could dodge amaterasu.

lamexu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Itachisaywat
Missing-nin

Itachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is Luminary

Possibly with his sensing

Itachisaywat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
LukyArbyz
Teabagger
Chuunin

LukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hope

Naruto in SM has not shown any sort of speed feats that would help him dodge against Amatarasu. In Rikudou Mode, which is even faster and stronger, Naruto questioned Itachi on why he missed his Amatarasu and instead helped him which notes that Naruto wouldn't have done anything against it since he just stood there. If he acts serious in RM mode and reacts like he did to Raikage than he probably can. However, SM is slower than RM as stated by Naruto himself and since Tsunade was surprised that Naruto could even keep up with Raikage in RM Mode, then there's no doubt that Naruto cannot dodge the Amatarasu in sage mode.

EDIT: Also, SM Naruto's fight against 3rd Raikage does not count because IMO he's not as fast as the current Raikage (Ie., Vanishing and appearing as lightning traveling in a panel).

LukyArbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
narutored23
in konoha killin nin gangster
ANBU Squad Leader

narutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faithnarutored23 is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexu View Post
I don't know. it took raikage's lightning shroud to dodge it. I don't think naruto at sage mode is as fast as lightning shroud, so i don't think he could dodge amaterasu.
Which raikage are you talking about cuz he dodged both the 4th and 3rd raikage

He dodged th 3rd raikage via sage mode and he also dodged the 4th raikage with his kyuubi cloak which in fact I believe he was in lighting shroud

narutored23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
lamexu
True leader of the leaf
Genin

lamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big onelamexu smokes the big one
Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukyArbyz View Post
Naruto in SM has not shown any sort of speed feats that would help him dodge against Amatarasu. In Rikudou Mode, which is even faster and stronger, Naruto questioned Itachi on why he missed his Amatarasu and instead helped him which notes that Naruto wouldn't have done anything against it since he just stood there. If he acts serious in RM mode and reacts like he did to Raikage than he probably can. However, SM is slower than RM as stated by Naruto himself and since Tsunade was surprised that Naruto could even keep up with Raikage in RM Mode, then there's no doubt that Naruto cannot dodge the Amatarasu in sage mode.
that is exactly what i'm saying. Theres no way naruto could dodge amaterasu in sag node

Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Itachisaywat
Missing-nin

Itachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is LuminaryItachisaywat is Luminary

Quote:
that is exactly what i'm saying. Theres no way naruto could dodge amaterasu in sag node
But Naruto has sensing (BTW are you up to date with all the latest chapters so i don't spoil anything). I say he could if he knows it's coming, but he can't if it's out of the blue

Itachisaywat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
Doge
Everything I say is serious.
Jinchuuriki

Doge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is AscendantDoge is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachisaywat View Post
But Naruto has sensing (BTW are you up to date with all the latest chapters so i don't spoil anything). I say he could if he knows it's coming, but he can't if it's out of the blue
Show proof of him sensing ANY attack coming other than what was blatantly expected (ex.- 3rd Raikage's Hellbringer hand).

Nowhere that I know of has had Naruto sense attack like Nagato did with Itachi's Amaterasu. Which would mean he'd have to dodge it just like Raikage, but he does not have any reaction feats near that so I'd say in SM, not happening.

RM mode is a different story altogether.

Doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
LukyArbyz
Teabagger
Chuunin

LukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hopeLukyArbyz is a paragon of hope

Naruto had to stab himself with Pain's rods to find out Nagato's location. You really think he'd be able to do something like that to find Amatarasu coming? Ofcourse not, too much time consuming and heck how would he sense it? All he did was sense where the source of chakra was not any sort of pressure. What would he do against Amatarasu? Stab himself with what? For all I know, if Naruto could possess sensing abilities that he could use outside of that instance, then Nagato wouldn't have to yell at Naruto, telling him that Amatarasu was coming.

LukyArbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
lamexu
True leader of the leaf
Genin

narusmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachisaywat View Post
yes I am! Rm naruto when aware that amaterasu is coming, but sage naruto I don't think so.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #13
Nikushimi
The Rail Tracer
Sith Lord

Nikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is EternalNikushimi is Eternal

Depends who is using Amaterasu. Itachi and Sasuke are too fast, I think; Sennin Naruto may be fast, but he's not faster than their eyes can track.

Nikushimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #14
lamexu
True leader of the leaf
Genin

all in all, I don't think SM naruto can dodge itachi amaterasu.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #15
dark messiah verdandi
I found the soul
Jinchuuriki

dark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysiandark messiah verdandi is Elysian

No.
That isn't how it works.

With Kawazu Kumite, naruto connects to natural energy to extend his sense of touch.
Think of it giving him a barrier similar to Jiraya's, but further reaching. Because of that he gets somewhat of a tactile spacial awareness in 3-D.

With it he can "feel" everything around him. When something moves in a straight line, and he can feel it coming, then he can understand where the trajectory is headed.

Amaterasu does not have a trajectory, but spontaneously combusts whatever is seen in the eye.

He would know that it is being charged, but would not have the ability to actually dodge it without using shunshin, which is still hit or miss,as seen with black zetsu.

He has speed, but finesse is lacking.

Then there is the factor if he is actually moving or not.
Amaterasu is best set up by launching the enemy in the air and using it where there is no way to use shunshin.

dark messiah verdandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #16
crisler
S-Class Missing-nin

crisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestialcrisler is Celestial

just wanna point out that people consider amaterasu very slow and something very weak, ever since A has avoided it.

A was putting his full concentration on sasuke's attack and he was full speed-up version, which was why he could avoid amaterasu.

and i also believe, no matter how fast you are, if the caster's eye can follow you avoiding amaterasu would be impossible. basically at that time A moved faster than what sasuke could follow: probably thanks to shunshin no jutsu.

so, unless you're someone like madara or minato, who uses S/T that are instant and not just fast, you're always vulnerable against amaterasu.

crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #17
IpHr0z3nI
Hokage

IpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is RapturousIpHr0z3nI is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisler View Post
just wanna point out that people consider amaterasu very slow and something very weak, ever since A has avoided it.

A was putting his full concentration on sasuke's attack and he was full speed-up version, which was why he could avoid amaterasu.

and i also believe, no matter how fast you are, if the caster's eye can follow you avoiding amaterasu would be impossible. basically at that time A moved faster than what sasuke could follow: probably thanks to shunshin no jutsu.

so, unless you're someone like madara or minato, who uses S/T that are instant and not just fast, you're always vulnerable against amaterasu.
This.......... Amaterasu does not traveling towards you...... It appears at or what ever the user is focused on, and then it moves........

There is two parts to the attack..... Sasuke was able to avoid the first but not the second.......... Raikage was able to avoid both................

Basically if a the caster can see you.......... You are not avoiding shit............

IpHr0z3nI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #18
Delicious

Delicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareilDelicious est le sans pareil

It's Naruto, expect the unexpected.

Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
lamexu
True leader of the leaf
Genin

It may be possible if naruto knows who's casting the amaterasu, and is well focused on the the man who is using the amatersu. but if not that could be a problem. naruto shushen in SM is very fast and so are his reflexes but as far as i know with concentration naruto's ability in sage mode are incredible. So i believe it could be possible.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
Kanki

Kanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareilKanki est le sans pareil

Possibly. A lot will depend on the distance between the two.

Kanki is online now   Reply With Quote