• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Naruto Music
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Shiorin
̧ͯ͆ͧͯ̿ͨͫ̽͌̽̓ͧ͑̽̅͐̀̚͠͠҉̠̥̱ ͉̘l͛
ANBU Squad Leader

Shiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is CelestialShiorin is Celestial
Default Why can't Lee use ninjutsu?

I seriously never picked up on this. Someone clue me in?

Is it a birth defect? I mean, he obviously has chakra, and presumably opening Gates involves some sort of supernatural technique.

Shiorin is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Dark Red Z
PROBLEM?
Legendary Ninja

Dark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is AscendantDark Red Z is Ascendant

I think it's related to realworld disorders like dyscalculia or dyslexia.

Dark Red Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
T-Bag
u bad u baadd
ANBU Captain

T-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareilT-Bag est le sans pareil

He sucked badly in ninjutsu, so he focused all his strength and time in taijutsu.

T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Doctor Crane
Le Rouquin
Super Moderator

Doctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is Eternal

It's never really explained why; Gai simply mentions that he has no skill with ninjutsu and genjutsu.

Lee has chakra and can control it enough to cling onto walls and trees and to walk on water, however, beyond that hasn't been seen.

Doctor Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
stockholmsyndrome
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja

stockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faithstockholmsyndrome is a guardian of the faith

He lacks natural talent for Ninjutsu or Genjutsu he had to work his ass off and have heavy one on one teaching to even be good in taijutsu as even in the acadamy he was sub par in that

stockholmsyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Skeith
The First Phase.
Legendary Ninja

Skeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is Ascendant

This usually comes up in fanfic.

Most of them say that Lee's coil, while big enough to cling to trees and water, are not big enough to carry enough chakra to do justu.

I really like this and, until it is actually stated one day, will accept the fanfic theory.

Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Kaye
Academy Student

Kaye has much to be proud ofKaye has much to be proud ofKaye has much to be proud ofKaye has much to be proud ofKaye has much to be proud of

O_________________O'

Anyway, he can't because he isn't a ninja, gai has said it. He can't use any ninjutsu so use the taijutsu. That's what i can remember but i'm not too sure about.

Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
SonicTron
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jounin

SonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is CelestialSonicTron is Celestial

Lee obviously has an immense chakra capacity, as it spews out of him when he opens gates. It seems he simply has some sort of learning disability that precludes him from the entire realm of chakra-molding attacks, and limits him to the use of raw chakra to power physical attacks.

SonicTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
Soul King
Satan Wears RMK Shit
Elite Jounin

Location: Reunited with Luffy, Zoro, Robin, and Usopp, at last!
Soul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is AscendantSoul King is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeith View Post
Most of them say that Lee's coil, while big enough to cling to trees and water, are not big enough to carry enough chakra to do justu.
I like this one.

Soul King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Golden Witch
C204
Kage

Golden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareilGolden Witch est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiorin View Post
I seriously never picked up on this. Someone clue me in?

Is it a birth defect? I mean, he obviously has chakra, and presumably opening Gates involves some sort of supernatural technique.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v10/c082/10.html

Simply no talent in using them except for Taijutsu.

Golden Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
Larry Uchiha
Elite
Academy Teacher

Larry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truthLarry Uchiha is an honorable bastion of truth

Jiraiya started teaching the Amee orphans how to draw chakra out, so my guess would be that since he cant forme any kind of jutsu he probably cant draw is own chakra and use it, f@ck does Tenten has ever done any ninjutsu or genjutsu at all too?

Larry Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
Friday
What the stuff?

Friday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is RapturousFriday is Rapturous

Inability to release chakra effectively... I wonder if he had a special exam to pass the ninja academy if the same test is given every graduation time.

Same can be said about every normal civilian in the naruto universe.

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #13
Gabe
Murim Master
God of Shinobi

Gabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is AscendantGabe is Ascendant
Send a message via MSN to Gabe

who knows i thought it was cause he could not draw out chakra but he can walk on water.

btw who is the girl dancing in your signature

Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #14
LegendaryBeauty
Queen of Slugs & Drugs
God of Shinobi

LegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is Divine
Send a message via AIM to LegendaryBeauty Send a message via MSN to LegendaryBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonus Nesha View Post
It's never really explained why; Gai simply mentions that he has no skill with ninjutsu and genjutsu.

Lee has chakra and can control it enough to cling onto walls and trees and to walk on water, however, beyond that hasn't been seen.
Even if he had no skill, surely with hard work, he'd be able to do some?

I just consider him physically unable to do ninjutsu.

Edit: Friday brings up a good point...how the hell did Lee graduate the Academy if he can't do ninjutsu like Bunsin no Jutsu?

LegendaryBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
Milliardo
G.L.P.

Milliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is CelestialMilliardo is Celestial

lee probably took a different exam from others i guess..

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #16
PureWIN
Mr. Prince

PureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryBeauty View Post
Edit: Friday brings up a good point...how the hell did Lee graduate the Academy if he can't do ninjutsu like Bunsin no Jutsu?
Do I smell a plot hole?

Lee's inability to use ninjutsu is comparative to the lack of ninjutsu from all of the Narutoverse's civilians.

Considering the fact we have seen Lee mold chakra for special tree/water walking and the final test for the academy is the Bunshin no Jutsu; I believe he CAN use ninjutsu, however it's so crappy that it simply isn't worth improving.

PureWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #17
Doctor Crane
Le Rouquin
Super Moderator

Doctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is EternalDoctor Crane is Eternal

I don't believe the Academy Graduation Exam is always Bunshin no Jutsu. Naruto's disappointment at Iruka's announcement might imply that the technique may vary between exam.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
PureWIN
Mr. Prince

PureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonus Nesha View Post
I don't believe the Academy Graduation Exam is always Bunshin no Jutsu. Naruto's disappointment at Iruka's announcement might imply that the technique may vary between exam.
Nonetheless, the requirement is some form of ninjutsu and not merely taijutsu.

PureWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
LegendaryBeauty
Queen of Slugs & Drugs
God of Shinobi

LegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is DivineLegendaryBeauty is Divine
Send a message via AIM to LegendaryBeauty Send a message via MSN to LegendaryBeauty

It's as PureWIN said. They don't test you on taijutsu, it's solely ninjutsu-based on whether or not you graduate. Lee shouldn't have graduated, from what we've been told.

LegendaryBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #20
Doctor Crane
Le Rouquin
Super Moderator

I don't believe anything has said Lee can't do the most basic of ninjutsu, like Henge no Jutsu, Kakuremino no Jutsu, or Kawarimi no Jutsu.