Playstation Vita - Page 5 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Arcade > Game Shelf

Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #81
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

Tachikoma has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
what part of "in my opinion" do you not understand?

sure, it excels at RPG, but nothing makes it unique to the home consoles.. DS delivers on that..
If you dont like the games thats fine. The way you are stating your answer though it sounds like you are saying that the variety does not exist, which is simply not true. I respect that you do not like the psp library, there are consoles who's libraries I detest as well, but be fair to the platform, the variety is there.

Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #82
Velocity
Super Moderator

Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Firstly my post has ZERO to do with Pokemon. I was expressing to him he needs to play the best game on the PSP.
In your opinion. In mine, the best game on the PSP is a toss up between Peace Walker, Crisis Core, War of the Lions, Chains of Olympus or Persona 3 Portable.

Quote:
Monster Hunter is more tactical than most every action rpg out there. You have to plan for escape routes, traps, elemental strengths, weaknesses, attack patterns, environmental conditions (heat, cold, poison etc) try and lure monsters away from their cohorts. Status effects and boosts. Weapon attributes, armor attributes, which abilities you need (of the hundred+ there is). And you have to do this with limited items so you have to make compromises and plan it out so the monster can't run away and go sleep else you have to do it all over again. To say it has less depth that Pokemon, which is basically a rock, paper, scissors game is being willfully ignorant.
Right, so now who's being willfully ignorant? Pokémon is hardly "basically a rock, paper, scissors game". There are physical attacks and special attacks, buffing and debuffing, elemental strengths, weaknesses and immunities, abilities that dramatically alter how you approach the battle, equippable items that can do anything from increasing damage from a certain element of attack by 10% to rendering status ailments ineffective or even limiting you to one attack but increasing its damage by 150%. Then there are double and triple battles, as well, which are completely different animals altogether.

I ain't sayin' Monster Hunter is shallow, but Pokémon sure as hell isn't.

Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #83
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
In your opinion. In mine, the best game on the PSP is a toss up between Peace Walker, Crisis Core, War of the Lions, Chains of Olympus or Persona 3 Portable.
Peace Walker and P3P sure are damn fine games.

Quote:
Right, so now who's being willfully ignorant? Pokémon is hardly "basically a rock, paper, scissors game". There are physical attacks and special attacks, buffing and debuffing, elemental strengths, weaknesses and immunities, abilities that dramatically alter how you approach the battle, equippable items that can do anything from increasing damage from a certain element of attack by 10% to rendering status ailments ineffective or even limiting you to one attack but increasing its damage by 150%. Then there are double and triple battles, as well, which are completely different animals altogether.

The Pokemon comment was hyperbole. Should've been obvious from the fact I summed up Pokemon as a game of yanken.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #84
Khris
Broke as FUCK!

Khris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is Eternal

Quote:
If you dont like the games thats fine. The way you are stating your answer though it sounds like you are saying that the variety does not exist, which is simply not true. I respect that you do not like the psp library, there are consoles who's libraries I detest as well, but be fair to the platform, the variety is there.
dude, it only excels at rpgs..

gow games are the only great action games..

racing/simulation games don't bring anything unique and different than the console versions..

core gaming wise, its only rpg accessible..

Khris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #85
delirium
thyme
Sammich

delirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post

You make Pokemon sound way more complicated than it really is. True the game provides "options", but it doesn't actually provide depth. There are a few select overpowered moves/abilities/pokemon which limit your options. This is why you'd typically run into the same Ttar/Flygon/Scizor/Heatran/Vap/or some other variation teams. It's definitely fun. But more in a broken MvC2 kind of way. Not in a tactical SF2 kind of way.

delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #86
Specter Von Baren
A Ghost In The Machine
Jinchuuriki

Specter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikoo View Post
Well, psp has epic games, it may have failed for sony but as a consumer i love it.
What games have YOU been finding that I haven't?

Quote:
This is a retarded post.

EDIT: I should probably clarify before you have my post deleted.

Firstly my post has ZERO to do with Pokemon. I was expressing to him he needs to play the best game on the PSP.

Monster Hunter is more tactical than most every action rpg out there. You have to plan for escape routes, traps, elemental strengths, weaknesses, attack patterns, environmental conditions (heat, cold, poison etc) try and lure monsters away from their cohorts. Status effects and boosts. Weapon attributes, armor attributes, which abilities you need (of the hundred+ there is). And you have to do this with limited items so you have to make compromises and plan it out so the monster can't run away and go sleep else you have to do it all over again. .
So.... it's basically like allot of games then. I'm not saying pokemon is better but what you just told me is allot of things that are used in allot of games already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris View Post
look i know its a good game to some people, but its not for me..

check my earlier posts, the psp's game library lacks IN MY OPINION..
It does. Trust me. It's filled with cookie cutter games a plenty. I have like ten games for it and the only ones that I've had fun with are the Patapon games, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Which was a port and was actually bonus material for the actual game) and Birth By Sleep which has bad load time. (It's not the worst I've ever seen but it's really noticeable.

Patapon is the only games on it that feel truly original to me, so many of the ones people mention are sequels to games on other systems or ports.

Last edited by Specter Von Baren; 01-26-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Specter Von Baren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #87
Random
Pokemon PhD
Missing-nin

Random is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is CelestialRandom is Celestial

Why does this thread seem like it has nothing to do with the PSP2

Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #88
eXze
Banned
Academy Student

eXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant futureeXze has a brilliant future

two analog sticks... preposterous.

eXze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #89
Ssj3_Goku
Hey dood!
God of Shinobi

Ssj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via MSN to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via Yahoo to Ssj3_Goku

Quote:
This is a retarded post.

EDIT: I should probably clarify before you have my post deleted.

Monster Hunter is more tactical than most every action rpg out there. You have to plan for escape routes, traps, elemental strengths, weaknesses, attack patterns, environmental conditions (heat, cold, poison etc) try and lure monsters away from their cohorts. Status effects and boosts. Weapon attributes, armor attributes, which abilities you need (of the hundred+ there is). And you have to do this with limited items so you have to make compromises and plan it out so the monster can't run away and go sleep else you have to do it all over again. To say it has less depth that Pokemon, which is basically a rock, paper, scissors game is being willfully ignorant.

Depth of the overall game does not compare to pokemon. What you just mentiond is what you do in battle, whats after that? crafting alright but after that? depth of a video game goes past the aspects you only mentiond.

But not to get to side tracked I do agree that the user should check out MH but only if you are a hardcore grinder / treasure hunter type of player.

Ssj3_Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #90
Specter Von Baren
A Ghost In The Machine
Jinchuuriki

Specter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is AscendantSpecter Von Baren is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3_Goku View Post
Depth of the overall game does not compare to pokemon. What you just mentiond is what you do in battle, whats after that? crafting alright but after that? depth of a video game goes past the aspects you only mentiond.

But not to get to side tracked I do agree that the user should check out MH but only if you are a hardcore grinder / treasure hunter type of player.
Bah! Grinding in my treasure hunting?! I do it the old fashioned way.... walk into people's homes and steal their stuff or use a ghost catcher to shake chandeliers, tables, potted plants, carpets, lamps, chairs ect.

That's how we do it OLD SCHOOL!!!

Specter Von Baren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #91
Khris
Broke as FUCK!

Khris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is EternalKhris is Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter Von Baren View Post
It does. Trust me. It's filled with cookie cutter games a plenty. I have like ten games for it and the only ones that I've had fun with are the Patapon games, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Which was a port and was actually bonus material for the actual game) and Birth By Sleep which has bad load time. (It's not the worst I've ever seen but it's really noticeable.

Patapon is the only games on it that feel truly original to me, so many of the ones people mention are sequels to games on other systems or ports.
i actually adore patapon

but yeah, its not worth buying a psp for...

especially when you have a good enough PC for emus..

having a good library means great games for almost all genres.. half at least..

psp doesn't deliver on that route..

Khris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #92
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3_Goku View Post

You're a ridiculously dense person. There is farming, fishing, treasure hunting, arena battles, weapon crafting, armour crafting, gem crafting, 3 different sets of quests, slaying quests, gather quests, boss quests, fort defences.

If you dont care about the PSP2 i suggest you gtfo this thread your bile is tiresome and off topic.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #94
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

Quote:
On the screen in a blue ball were the words
NEXT GENERATION PORTABLE
Then it flashed to ACTIVISION
Sony is def. showing a new portable device
No doubt about it
First bits of scribbles, the event starts in 1 hour and Kojima has been seen lurking around.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #95
Sephiroth
Titan
God of Shinobi

Sephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is Rapturous

lol pokemon depth

Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #96
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

Spoiler:

Some poor sod who is going to be thrown out the meeting soon seems to have got a pic

Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #97
Tachikoma
Kikyo's King

More picks - EPIC

Spoiler:

Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #98
Goova
/

Goova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is Rapturous

you sound like a little school girl

Goova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #99
Byakuya
Retired

Byakuya has disabled reputation

Byakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #100
Helix
T̵̷́h͞e̵͡ ̡K҉͘į͞n̷͜g̵̛̕
Jinchuuriki

Helix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is AscendantHelix is Ascendant

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kotaku...AE%9F%E6%B3%81 (For those up at this hour)

Helix is offline   Reply With Quote