PC Starcraft II - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Arcade > Game Shelf

Old 06-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Grrblt
Banned
Final Villain

Grrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareilGrrblt est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Grrblt
Default Starcraft II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Official Starcraft 2 website

Gameplay videos & trailers (IGN, streaming)

High quality direct downloads, courtesy of ssj3_Goku (originally from IGN)
Gameplay video 1
Gameplay video 2
Gameplay video 3
Gameplay video 4
Art trailer
Cinematic trailer

Report from the announcement

THIS! IS! STAAAAARCRAAAAAFT!!!!:

Grrblt is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 06-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Dream
Administrator

Dream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely basedDream is absolutely based

Quote:
Under most circumstances, 99 percent is a milestone worthy of popped champagne corks and impromptu trips to Disney World. I mean, you’re basically done. Who cares if you cut a corner on the victory lap? As with every rule, however, this one has its exceptions. And in the whole of human history, Blizzard may well be the greatest. Observe.

“We are 99% done,” lead designer Dustin Browder told Kotaku, “but that last 1%’s a bitch. There’s something in for everything – it’s whether we like it or not that’s an open question. It’s the tuning and polish that really takes us a long time, and that’s where we get into the unknowns.”

“Like we could do a play-through next week that we’re like, ‘Wow this is really great.’ Or we could do a play-through and we still have 250 items we wanna fix. You know, historically speaking we’re doing pretty well. We’re getting there. But I don’t know for sure yet when we’ll be done.”

Most tellingly, an open (or even open-ish) beta’s not up and running yet, and Blizzard’s betas have a way of, well, being actual betas and not simply glorified demos. For instance, Diablo’s – while limited from a content standpoint – saw time extensions and overhauls/outright removals of series standbys. Meanwhile, some of Heart of the Swarm’s new units seem pretty ridiculous, so we’ll see what kind of fine tuning Blizzard deems necessary.

If I had to guess, I’d peg this one for late 2012 open beta and 2013 release – if only because Blizzard promised two launches this year, and Pandaria’s beta is already ongoing. But then, StarCraft’s proven me wrong in the past – for example, every single time I’ve ever thought I was even vaguely competent at it. So we shall see.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...rcent-of-done/

Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

Axl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sun

RAVENS ARE GOING TO MOVE FASTER AND CREEP TUMORS ARE GETTING THE NERF STICK

YES YES YES

Axl Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Kagutsuchi
In your milk, toxifying you.
Jinchuuriki

Kagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is Elysian
Send a message via MSN to Kagutsuchi Send a message via Yahoo to Kagutsuchi Send a message via Skype™ to Kagutsuchi

Source?

Kagutsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

Axl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sunAxl Low is invincible under the sun

tested it
ravens move and accelerate .25 faster

its a minor increase but it is significant enough since a raven is a caster :DD

maybe since i dont know zerg as well as T and P creep tumors dont seem bad...?

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/687...sting-8_8_2012

Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is Divine

I am glad they did not went through with the tunnelling claws for Banes. That would be too overpowered .

I wish they do something about ghosts though. EMP while useful not as versatile as fungal growth or storms imo.

Nice Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

they want terran to use raven more than ghost

Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Kagutsuchi
In your milk, toxifying you.
Jinchuuriki

Kagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is ElysianKagutsuchi is Elysian
Send a message via MSN to Kagutsuchi Send a message via Yahoo to Kagutsuchi Send a message via Skype™ to Kagutsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Doom View Post
I am glad they did not went through with the tunnelling claws for Banes. That would be too overpowered .

I wish they do something about ghosts though. EMP while useful not as versatile as fungal growth or storms imo.
Against Protoss, I'd say it's imbalanced as you're effectively doing 100 instant aoe damage.

Kagutsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Muk
Let's play a game, Ophelia
Juusan Buntai Teichou

Muk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < You

emp is powerful enough, you shut down any energy based unit and do damage to protoss

Muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

oh man

i love queen sniping
drop 4 full energy ghosts in a zerg base
cloak each of them snipe the same queen
move to the natural snipe queen
uncloak get into dropship fly away

still sucks you cant one shot a marine or some workers any more :/

Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is DivineNice Dynamite is Divine

Well most of my openings will be 2 cloak banshees with 1 raven.

Drop 2 PDD and the banshees just reek havoc all over the zerg base.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

1 banshee 1 raven would do the trick
i'd go raven first because raven energy is more important
build up a PDD or 2
or maybe PDD and a turret

Old 08-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
EvilMoogle
Administrator
Administrator

EvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is Eternal

Raven turrets are way under-respected. Those things can do a lot of damage if you drop them in the right place and your opponent is out of position.

EvilMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #14
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

just saw an oracle shield up an either gold expo minerals versus a zerg player
FUCKEN HOTT

and i saw a warhound harass on a probe line

HAYWIRE ON PROBES =
I wanted to cry

Old 08-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #15
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

So I watched a Hots gameplay. They need to half that detonation time off the widow mine. I just saw a Terran dropped 15 mines and the toss was able to save his army with a easy split while engaging in a battle. Dont get me wrong I understand it needs to give you time to move out the way but it is ridiculous where you make it so easy for a split.

Banes and storms have no delay and us Terran have to do the safety dance just to avoid that.

The tempest needs to be looked at too. The vikings are the only reasonable counter beside massing a bunch of rines. Yet you need at least 5 of them per tempest. Reason being you cant kite the tempest so what ends up happening you lose a lot of viking just trying to take one of them down.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #16
Nmaster64
◥▶̸̱◀◤

Nmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is AscendantNmaster64 is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to Nmaster64 Send a message via MSN to Nmaster64

Quote:
So I watched a Hots gameplay. They need to half that detonation time off the widow mine. I just saw a Terran dropped 15 mines and the toss was able to save his army with a easy split while engaging in a battle. Dont get me wrong I understand it needs to give you time to move out the way but it is ridiculous where you make it so easy for a split.
> Unescapable burrowing unit
> Hits air or ground
> Costs the same as a Baneling, does 10x the damage
> bawwwww there's a delay

lol Terrans

Nmaster64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmaster64 View Post
> Hits air or ground

lol Terrans
It takes 5 secs to barrow . It has a range of a marine so with detection a stalker or Hydra can easily take it out.

It is design for map control since you know our tank lines are a joke to toss and zerg.

Also not like Terrans has to have excellent micro skills in Plat and up to you know dodge psi storm and Banes that just laughs at our army. Oh by the way that does not have a delay.

Last edited by Nice Dynamite; 08-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Muk
Let's play a game, Ophelia
Juusan Buntai Teichou

Muk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < YouMuk < You

Quote:
> Hits air or ground

lol Terrans
i want burrow movement for banes

it might balance out the mines xD

Muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #19
Axl Low
GB's Guilty Gear

Quote:

Banes and storms have no delay and us Terran have to do the safety dance just to avoid that.

The tempest needs to be looked at too. The vikings are the only reasonable counter beside massing a bunch of rines. Yet you need at least 5 of them per tempest. Reason being you cant kite the tempest so what ends up happening you lose a lot of viking just trying to take one of them down.
tempest will upgrade up until 23 range twice the siege range

Quote:
> Hits air or ground

lol Terrans
a delay?
i can deal with that

Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
EvilMoogle
Administrator
Administrator

EvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is EternalEvilMoogle is Eternal

My biggest annoyance is both Zerg and Protoss were given units that crap all over siege tank ranges which pretty much ends the "defensive Terran" concept.

EvilMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote