Why the Hate for Danzo and not for Raikage? - Page 3 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #41
Butō Rengoob
Honorary Pantaloni Rossi
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At Luciana's side
Posts: 13,293
Blog Entries: 4
Butō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is RapturousButō Rengoob is Rapturous
Send a message via Skype™ to Butō Rengoob
Default

I've always liked Danzo personally. He's what a ninja should be.

Butō Rengoob is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums
        


Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #42
BroKage
Kage
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,692
BroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatérasu’s Son View Post
And he doesn't even acknowledge that his position hurt his own village.
I think that's one of the dark sides of Danzo's character (and politicians in general).

The speech that made Danzo Hokage is incredibly disingenuous.

He attacks Jiraiya's role in Pain destroying Konoha, despite the fact that Danzo himself facilitated it by holding back Root (and partially inspired it by aiding Hanzo).

He attacks Hiruzen's lenience toward Orochimaru, despite the fact that he himself negotiated with the man for power and waited years to make an attempt on his life.

Danzo generally blames the Leaf village for allowing Sasuke to leave Konoha, despite the fact that his own massacre is what inspired Sasuke's decision.

The man died without ever making an acknowledgement of the hypocrisy. A doesn't put this type of disgusting spin on events.

BroKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #43
Summers
look at my sig
Kage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in the infinity and beyond
Posts: 8,775
Summers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is Transcendent
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butō Renjin View Post
I've always liked Danzo personally. He's what a ninja should be.
A lot of people have that view, but what did Danzo achieve? he became Hokage for day before being chased away for his subversive actions. He created root but it was disbanded so had to hide. And his dead.

Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #44
BroKage
Kage
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,692
BroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
A lot of people have that view, but what did Danzo achieve?
The fact that he delayed Tsunade's request gave Naruto the time to complete Sage Mode which led to Pain's defeat.

By taking Shisui's eye for himself he prevented Madara from using it.

BroKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #45
Gunners
.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 35,926
Gunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is EternalGunners is Eternal
Default

Why are people speaking as though Danzou and A are two peas in a pod. Side stepping the issue of whether not the masses hate the characters. Danzou achieved his goals through deception, only a select few know about the Uchiha clan's annihilation, all the people who knew about him forming an agreement with Hanzo are dead ( another behind the scene dealing). No one knew about him murdering the messenger frog to delay Naruto's arrival.

A has done everything head on for all to see.

Gunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #46
Ghost of Madara
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Academy Teacher
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 373
Ghost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is LuminaryGhost of Madara is Luminary
Default

People also neglect to mention Danzou had dealings with not only Orochimaru, but Madara as well. He helped Madara in the past, meaning that he knew the Uchiha weren't the ones behind the Kyuubi attack, making the reasons given for their ostracization disingenuous, and their genocide a monstrous unnecessary crime.

Danzou was a hypocrite, a coward, and a traitor who was only interested in attaining more power for himself to the detriment of others, and it was his actions which led to the creation of Pain, Taka Sasuke, and the death of Jiraiya. He is not worthy of respect, but contempt. Raikage is none of these. Therein lies the difference.

Ghost of Madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #47
BroKage
Kage
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,692
BroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is AscendantBroKage is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Madara View Post
People also neglect to mention Danzou had dealings with not only Orochimaru, but Madara as well. He helped Madara in the past, meaning that he knew the Uchiha weren't the ones behind the Kyuubi attack, making the reasons given for their ostracization disingenuous, and their genocide a monstrous unnecessary crime.
Not necessarily. Danzo might've only found out about Madara after the Uchihas began planning the coup. By then there was nothing he could do.

He certainly should've told the Leaf about Madara, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Madara View Post
Danzou was a hypocrite, a coward, and a traitor who was only interested in attaining more power for himself to the detriment of others,
He did really believe that the village needed him for its prosperity. But his delusions don't justify any of his actions.

BroKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #48
SaVaGe609
Only Sai Fan
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,475
SaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is Celestial
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Madara View Post
Danzou was a hypocrite, a coward, and a traitor who was only interested in attaining more power for himself to the detriment of others, and it was his actions which led to the creation of Pain, Taka Sasuke, and the death of Jiraiya. He is not worthy of respect, but contempt. Raikage is none of these. Therein lies the difference.
He was interested in attaining more power for the village, and he did so in any way he deemed fit. He genuinely believed that him holding the most power in the village was the best way to do so. But if Kishi wanted Danzo to be remembered as a selfish coward, he wouldn't have given him the eulogy during/after his death.

He was a consequentalist, who's actions may not haev been things to reward, but the end result he always had in mind was just. For the leaf that is.

SaVaGe609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #49
Skeith
The First Phase.
Legendary Ninja
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,766
Blog Entries: 1
Skeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaVaGe609 View Post
He was interested in attaining more power for the village, and he did so in any way he deemed fit. He genuinely believed that him holding the most power in the village was the best way to do so. But if Kishi wanted Danzo to be remembered as a selfish coward, he wouldn't have given him the eulogy during/after his death.
He did.

Danzo had a flashback of when he was young and lost (What he believe was his) chance to Hokage was due to him being afraid.

In fact, on his deathbed, he pretty much said that he did all this cause his rival/friend got the title instead of him.

Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #50
Namikaze-Minato
Hokage Sage
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,368
Namikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faithNamikaze-Minato is a guardian of the faith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by principito View Post
I've seen many many people saying that Raikage is making the right desition etc etc and they seem to approve it....

He's acting appearently in the interest of the shinobi with more than questionable methods... I mean... killing a kid and maybe his brother.

Yet... Danzo is a hated character that resembles that old fashioned Shinobi that Raikage is being right now.... making the tough desitions for a greatter good

to me... making those kind of "tough" desitions is just taking the easy way instead of trying to find a solutions that involves no sacrifice....
Its like saying "kill everybody that is poor in a country so we'll have no poverty"

But anyway.... why the love for the Raikage and the hate for Danzo?

because Raikage speaks his mind on the spot.
Since the beginning, Danzo has been secretive and mothafuckin shaaaady. And he was never in charge trying to call the shots. Raikage is actually in charge. Danzo was just sketchy in all his actions. trying to over run the current konohas ethics and ideals with his own.

Namikaze-Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #51
Sennin of Hardwork
Taking A Stand
Hokage
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Set by Starr
Posts: 11,267
Sennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultraSennin of Hardwork is the ne plus ultra
Default

Danzou cared more about himself than Konoha and all villages. A/Raikage is very rash and can be rude, but he has the safety and the best interests of the five nations in mind right now.

Sennin of Hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #52
SaVaGe609
Only Sai Fan
Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,475
SaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is Celestial
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeith View Post
He did.

Danzo had a flashback of when he was young and lost (What he believe was his) chance to Hokage was due to him being afraid.

In fact, on his deathbed, he pretty much said that he did all this cause his rival/friend got the title instead of him.
Yeah..I know. I said:
Quote:
But if Kishi wanted Danzo to be remembered as a selfish coward, he wouldn't have given him the eulogy during/after his death
What's your point?

SaVaGe609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #53
T-Bag
u bad u baadd
S-Class Missing-nin
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: police dept.
Posts: 3,371
T-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is Divine
Default

Cause Danzo has too much pimpin going on, so people hate

T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #54
Cjones
Force Your Way
Hokage
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,072
Cjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is TranscendentCjones is Transcendent
Send a message via Yahoo to Cjones Send a message via Skype™ to Cjones
Default

Both are shady, but the thing is Danzo let his village get razed in order to gain power.

Really no matter how bad he thought the third teachings was, and the apparent "weakness" that carried over in those same teachings to his students, there was honestly no excuse to hope that the enemy takes out his leader for him so he could take over and not help defend his village. Even if he was banking on her keeping it from being a massacre.

Cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #55
geminis
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,616
geminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestialgeminis is Celestial
Default

People can't appreciate a true boss. Danzou was too good a character.

geminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:55 AM   #56
Donquixote Doflamingo
Master Puppeteer
God of Shinobi
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 16,112
Donquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is RapturousDonquixote Doflamingo is Rapturous
Default

Because Danzo killed that cute little Toad.

Donquixote Doflamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #57
poorboy
Newbie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
poorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hopepoorboy is a paragon of hope
Default

I think it's all because Kishi has never really put Danzo in a comical situation. Danzo was portrayed as a serious, business-all-the-time, no-time-for-downtime kind of man, while Raikage was seen crying, comically making holes in walls, and giving the iron fist to Bee (which caused a lot of readers to laugh).

Yes, Danzo and Raikage share a lot in terms of their philosophy, but Kishi didn't give the readers a good reason to sympathize with Danzo. Dare I even say that the Raikage is the upgrade Kishi wrote in to replace Danzo when he realized that he already screwed up with and portrayed Danzo in a negative light.

poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #58
Kakashi Hatake
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: .
Posts: 7,677
Kakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is AscendantKakashi Hatake is Ascendant
Default

I don't hate Danzo or Raikage.

There is huge difference between these two characters. Look it up OP. They both aren't comparable. Danzo is not popular in his village for a reason.

Kakashi Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #59
Helios
征服王
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ωκεανός
Posts: 1,020
Helios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is CelestialHelios is Celestial
Default

Lets see the whole picture here and set aside the method of a narrow-minded selective approach.

Kumogakure kidnapped Kushina,the Kyuubi Jiinchuriki.Of course A had not yet earned the seat of the Hokage so at first this may seem irrelevant.However taking into consideration the fact that under his rule Kumo had yet again tried to get its hands on a "weapon" of Konoha,the Byakugan,there is no doubt that he approves of such methods.The only reason why war did not happen is because of Hiruzen.So how can anyone say that A is not a warmonger?Besides according to Oonoki,he was the reason why the rest Hidden Villages had to resort to the Akatsuki.

If we assume that war had followed on both circumstances the casualties would be much more serious than in Konoha's and Danzo's case.

Raikage respects the people of his village by risking war?

The main reason why Danzo is hated while Raikage is not is this : Danzo was used as the antithesis of Hashirama's teachings-a sum of beautiful words that aim to cover the ugly truth.

Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #60
Skeith
The First Phase.
Legendary Ninja
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 4,766
Blog Entries: 1
Skeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is AscendantSkeith is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Lets see the whole picture here and set aside the method of a narrow-minded selective approach.
This ought to be fun.


Quote:
Kumogakure kidnapped Kushina,the Kyuubi Jiinchuriki.Of course A had not yet earned the seat of the Hokage so at first this may seem irrelevant.However taking into consideration the fact that under his rule Kumo had yet again tried to get its hands on a "weapon" of Konoha,the Byakugan,there is no doubt that he approves of such methods.The only reason why war did not happen is because of Hiruzen.So how can anyone say that A is not a warmonger?Besides according to Oonoki,he was the reason why the rest Hidden Villages had to resort to the Akatsuki.
How do we know A gave the order to get the Byakugan? Just like Leaf had Root getting anything Shargain releated, Lighting may of had it own "root" to get the Byakugan. To A, he could of really wanted the treaty and thought the leaf made up the whole "kidnapping the Byakugan"






Quote:
The main reason why Danzo is hated while Raikage is not is this : Danzo was used as the antithesis of Hashirama's teachings-a sum of beautiful words that aim to cover the ugly truth.
But Danzo has often betray leaf. Case in Point:

1) Team up with Hanzo to fight leaf and become Hokage.

2) Gave Orochimaru the all the info of Leaf's Anbu (minus his Root)

3) Hides whenever the Leaf was attack.

Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
Quick Style Chooser


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.    

Design(s) Provided By: Neado Designs

Lifetricks.com Bestlifehacks.org Ben10-games.org
Spiderman-games.com Buyanewcase.com Addicting Games