Naruto is the Rikudo Sennin - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library

Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
vegeta2002
Empty 7
Elite Jounin

vegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestial
Default Naruto is the Rikudo Sennin

I remember the hype surrounding Nagato back when Jiraiya thought that he was the reincarnation of Rikudo. Looking at it from the distance afforded by time, there is only one character alive in this manga with a will as strong as Rikudo's and it's not Nagato.

The whole idea that the Rikudo Sennin could be reborn is kinda brushed aside in this manga, but the fact that Jiraiya and the toads took it seriously implies that there is more to the story. During Naruto's life story he naturally comes to the same conclusions about human nature and hatred that Rikudo came to. Naruto becomes more Rikudo-like with every chapter he's in without even trying.

It may seem like a joke, but TNJ was probably Rikudo's main power.

What do you guys think?

Edit:
Spoiler:

Kyuubi has no reason to lie. Naruto pulls Rikudo's main ability out of his ass like it was being performed by Rikudo himself.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta2002 View Post
Rikudo's younger son inherited Rikudo's will making him the second person to believe what he believes. The younger son is fodder compared to Rikudo.

As far a evidence goes, I thought it was assumed that this was speculation. A lot of the people who agree with me don't want it to happen but think it will based on Kishi's history.

There is a point to be made that if Kishi ignores his own foreshadowing, it'll hurt the quality of his manga. While it's not like a book that's released all at once, it follows the same literary structure that's been around for thousands of years. Unless Kishi plans to reinvents the classic "mythical hero" cliche, Naruto will be predictable.

Here are some characteristics of the "mythical hero", that come from
actual human history and not shounen:

1. The hero's mother is a royal virgin

2. His father is a king and
often a near relative of the mother

3. The circumstances of his conception are unusual

4. He is also reputed to be the son of a god

5. At birth an attempt is made, usually by his father or maternal grandfather, to kill him, but

6. He is spirited away

7. Reared by foster-parents in a far country

8. We are told nothing of his childhood

9. On reaching manhood he returns or goes to his future kingdom.

10. After a victory over the king and or giant, dragon, or wild beast
He marries a princess, often the daughter of his predecessor and
becomes king

These are the first 10. Here are the rest.
http://www2.fultonschools.org/teache...hical_hero.htm

Some of you guys need to stop acting like everything Kishi does is unpredicatable or new. If you look at my list, Jesus Christ and Hercules both fit this Naruto archetype.

Last edited by vegeta2002; 05-11-2011 at 01:19 AM.
vegeta2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Summers
look at my sig
Kage

Summers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is TranscendentSummers is Transcendent

Lets wait till he gets the rinningan before we say that. But I do believe that he will become the next sage of 6 paths somehow.

Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
Chibason
Troll King
God of Shinobi

Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta2002 View Post
Naruto is the Rikudo Sennin
Yep. During there epic fight, Naruto and Sasuke will travel back in time.

Sasuke will transform into Juubi and Naruto will seal him inside, gain Rinnegan, and subsequently teach the world about Ninjutsu..

I keep telling you, bros.

Chibason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
vegeta2002
Empty 7
Elite Jounin

vegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestialvegeta2002 is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Lets wait till he gets the rinningan before we say that. But I do believe that he will become the next sage of 6 paths somehow.
I don't know if Rikudo had the Rinnegan before the Juubi anymore. I'm starting to feel that he was probably more like a typical Uzumaki/Senju before he became the jin for the Juubi. Jinchuuriki children have traits from their parent's sealed demon. I'm guessing that that's where all dojutsu come from.

Spoiler:

This is... Rikudo Sennin!

This is... Rikudo Sennin, too!

Last edited by Hiro; 05-10-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Big images
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
jameshawking
Brought back again
Elite Jounin

jameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to jameshawking Send a message via MSN to jameshawking

He's either the Rikudo Sennin or he'll fight him by the end of it

jameshawking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #6
Bane
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Missing-nin

Bane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is LuminaryBane is Luminary

Another person who agrees! I tried to say this in another thread where the main topic was more of a "Naruto gets the rinnegan" idea and this was one of my points. He will most likely become the second Sage. My new theory is that bee will(unfortunatly) get his biju stolen but somehow naruto will get all of them sealed into him making him(techincally) the juubi jinchuriki. At this point Naruto and Sasuke have their final bout and Naruto awakens the rinnegan half way through. At this point naruto just takes control of the battle and uses a secret technique to take away all of sasukes malice. Thus the story ends with Team 7 being reunited as the most powerfull team of all time. Or naruto just becomes the hokage. Your choice. :D

Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
jameshawking
Brought back again
Elite Jounin

jameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminaryjameshawking is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to jameshawking Send a message via MSN to jameshawking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM Naruto View Post
Another person who agrees! I tried to say this in another thread where the main topic was more of a "Naruto gets the rinnegan" idea and this was one of my points. He will most likely become the second Sage. My new theory is that bee will(unfortunatly) get his biju stolen but somehow naruto will get all of them sealed into him making him(techincally) the juubi jinchuriki. At this point Naruto and Sasuke have their final bout and Naruto awakens the rinnegan half way through. At this point naruto just takes control of the battle and uses a secret technique to take away all of sasukes malice. Thus the story ends with Team 7 being reunited as the most powerfull team of all time. Or naruto just becomes the hokage. Your choice. :D
So Naruto not only needs the Rinnegan, but every bijuu and secret techniques to beat sasuke, in your eyes?

lulz

jameshawking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
ovanz
______
Hokage

ovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturousovanz is Rapturous

Naruto is too damn stupid to be the past rikkudo reincarnation.

But i won't discard he could become the new rikkudo.

ovanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
MinatoEMS
Super Sayian Jinchuuriki
Special Jounin

MinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truthMinatoEMS is an honorable bastion of truth

I dont doubt this theory its indeed possible. I do find the toads prophecies a bit open and not fully explained. Theres probably more to it than he'll save the world.

We also dont know the origins of minato, another factor to think about.

MinatoEMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
vegeta2002
Empty 7
Elite Jounin

Rikudo was probably a naive, goofball too. Who else was lining up to fight the Juubi at the time. People probably told him he was a fool to even try.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #11
qwijibo
he drinks your milkshake
Special Jounin

qwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminaryqwijibo is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
Yep. During there epic fight, Naruto and Sasuke will travel back in time.

Sasuke will transform into Juubi and Naruto will seal him inside, gain Rinnegan, and subsequently teach the world about Ninjutsu..

I keep telling you, bros.
I actually had a theory about this. Think about it. Naruto has a secret jutsu designed by a space-time jutsu master that requires massive amounts of chakra and is extremely dangerous to use.

Rikudou was also known for preaching peace.

Last edited by qwijibo; 05-10-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: additional info
qwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #12
Fiona
★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Fiona broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Naruto becomes sage.

WTFpwns Sauce.

Becomes Kage master of the universe

All bitches bear his children thanks to Kage Bunshin

/Manga

Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
vegeta2002
Empty 7
Elite Jounin

This could be it's own thread, but I'll post it here since I like the original theory better.

Before Rikudo, the Juubi was the most powerful entity on earth, able to to cast the world into darkness without even trying. How did human beings survive during this time?

My guess is that they offered human sacrifices to this dark god. Even now, the Uchiha have to kill each other to manifest their true power and jinchuuriki's are offered up as sacrifices to the Juubi/Gedo Mazo. Think King Kong.

Jinchuuriki literally means "the power of human sacrifice". What if Rikudo was the human sacrifice that could actually fight back?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #14
Face
:0
Legendary Ninja

Face is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is LuminaryFace is Luminary

TBH I have hard time imagining Naruto with a Doujutsu. I guess it's possible.

Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:03 AM   #15
Klammo
Shichibukai
Hokage

Klammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is AscendantKlammo is Ascendant

Maybe

Klammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
Raging Bird
15 Strong, XVI
Legendary Ninja

Raging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is CelestialRaging Bird is Celestial

Naruto is the second coming of the Rikoudo Sennin, Rikoudo Sennin probably had some skills he was not able to use because of limits or something else, hence why he wasn't able to get rid of all the tailed beasts.

thats just my speculation

I just want to point out something in the panel OP posted, If the Tailed Beast Ball is a Rasengan, then what caused Kyuubi's Beast Ball to turn into stone?

Chibaku tensei was able to attract Stone in order to form the moon.

just an observation.

Raging Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
Trent
Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
Legendary Ninja

Trent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is Ascendant

Being a Ridukou is someone who combines both the physical and eye power of the 1st Ridukou Sennin within his body like Madara currently and Nagato.

For Naruto to be Ridukou he'd have to gain a doujutsu and I personnaly don't see that happening.

He is the quintessential Younger Son of Ridukou for me, if anything that's who he would be some kind of reincarnation from.

Sasuke would be the Older Son's second return and Madara would be an evil Ridukou there, who would have to be defeated by both the "Sons" fighting alongside eachother.

Last edited by Trent; 05-10-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #18
Blackgallon
Illusion
Academy Teacher

Blackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of lightBlackgallon is a glorious beacon of light

Naruto is just a brat of a kid who has succeeded by never giving up.

Man i hated learning about all of his heritage and who he is linked too, ruined his character.

Blackgallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #19
HeroofTime
Link the Hero of Time
Chuunin

HeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of lightHeroofTime is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm ,I cant say I believe it but it was a good read.

HeroofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #20
T-Bag
u bad u baadd
S-Class Missing-nin

T-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is DivineT-Bag is Divine

lol as much as I would hate it, I wouldn't find it surprising. Kishi tends to connect anything with anything nowadays.

T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote