• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Anime Channel

Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
~Shin~
Spectacular Insanity
Hokage

~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant
Default Planetes

Didn't see a thread for this so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis from ANN
In the year 2075, mankind has reached a point where journeying between Earth, the moon and the space stations is part of daily life. However, the progression of technology in space has also resulted in the problem of the space debris, which can cause excessive and even catastrophic damage to spacecrafts and equipment. This is the story of Technora's Debris Collecting section, its EVA worker, Hachirota "Hachimaki" Hoshino, and the newcomer to the group, Ai Tanabe.
Genre is science-fiction, slice-of-life, drama, romance, space. There's a total of 26 episodes.

I thought this anime was one of the best I've seen. The cast is probably one of my favorite. Every single character was very well developed (even the side characters). I highly recommend it.

You can dl the entire series in HD from here at amazing speeds:
http://psnr.no-ip.org/PSNR/index.htm

~Shin~ is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 04-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
IchiTenshou
ღ SOKA Fanboy ღ
Hokage

IchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to IchiTenshou Send a message via MSN to IchiTenshou Send a message via Yahoo to IchiTenshou Send a message via Skype™ to IchiTenshou

um ^^ I will add this to my list
when is it air?

IchiTenshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
~Shin~
Spectacular Insanity
Hokage

~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant~Shin~ is Ascendant

^It already finished airing back in 2003.

I only made the thread to promote it so more people would watch it.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
martryn
Dick in hand

martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!martryn broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to martryn

I love this series. It's really freakin' awesome. It gives a little bit of everything, humor, drama, romance, etc. The last few episodes were very fucking intense. And ends leaving you wanting more.

martryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
IchiTenshou
ღ SOKA Fanboy ღ
Hokage

IchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is RapturousIchiTenshou is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to IchiTenshou Send a message via MSN to IchiTenshou Send a message via Yahoo to IchiTenshou Send a message via Skype™ to IchiTenshou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shin~ View Post
^It already finished airing back in 2003.

I only made the thread to promote it so more people would watch it.
oh I see
imma check it out right now ^^
Thanks

IchiTenshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
Molekage
I live!...? Maybe.
Jinchuuriki

Molekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is Luminary

@shin. i'll help you in your endevor to promote planetes. it was one of the only anime series in which i watched the first episode, and instantly knew it was going to be very, very good. and it did not dissappoint

Molekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
I_touch_kids
Mega Upload is teh sux
Genin

I_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of lightI_touch_kids is a glorious beacon of light

I have it on my external HD, it's currently on queue to be seen. Don't know when i'll get to it but I will one day. if it's as good as you say maybe it'll be next.

I_touch_kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
Haohmaru
The Legendary Samurai
Kage

Haohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is Transcendent

How the hell was there no thread for this epic anime? Seen it and loved it. I'm considering reading the manga. Vinland Saga is also really awesome (another manga from the same creator).

Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
Molekage
I live!...? Maybe.
Jinchuuriki

Molekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is LuminaryMolekage is Luminary

vinland saga huh? if its the same creator, it has to be good. vinland is more fighting and stuff though, ne?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
Haohmaru
The Legendary Samurai
Kage

Haohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is Transcendent

Yeah it is. I've only read 1 volume, but so far so good. Here's a oneshot from the same author Because Goodbyes Are Coming Soon

Old 04-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
Molekage
I live!...? Maybe.
Jinchuuriki

excellent, i'll give it a go.

this is entirely baseless but i get a feeling moving from planetes to vinland saga is akin to slam dunk to vagabond (and hopefully that level of awesome)

Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #12
Haohmaru
The Legendary Samurai
Kage

That's actually a pretty good comparison. Though Slam Dunk didn't have nearly as much character development as Planetes. But yeah, from comedy/sports (comedy/space/drama for Planetes) to historical/adventure/action type of manga.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #13
Molekage
I live!...? Maybe.
Jinchuuriki

i guess, but slam dunk also had more characters. though that was kind of problem the mangaka created for himself, in that it was a result of the annoying sports manga thing where they give the backstory of the other teams that don't really matter. but at least it didn't do it to the level of say, eyeshield 21 where you know about as much as shin as the main character.

planetes was really good about keeping you in the dark about characters that you really didn't want/need to know the background of. case in point, claire, chen shin. you got enough out of them to understand their behaviour, but i love the fact that the past history between those two and hachimaki is largely something taken for granted.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:25 AM   #14
Sorrow-Tear's Champion
Fair and Biased
S-Class Missing-nin

Sorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is CelestialSorrow-Tear's Champion is Celestial

This show was great. I was surprised when I saw how in depth they went to make it as realistic as they could. Watching the commentary by people from NASA was worth buying the dvds.

Sorrow-Tear's Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #15
~Shin~
Spectacular Insanity
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molekage View Post
@shin. i'll help you in your endevor to promote planetes. it was one of the only anime series in which i watched the first episode, and instantly knew it was going to be very, very good. and it did not dissappoint
I do want to start a pimping project but the only links I have is the HD version and I don't know if everyone's computers can handle them.

Do you have the normal version in your computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
How the hell was there no thread for this epic anime? Seen it and loved it. I'm considering reading the manga. Vinland Saga is also really awesome (another manga from the same creator).
Funny thing is that I heard the manga is better than the anime. From what I hear, a lot of the slice-of-life episodes were filler.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #16
Slips
Fuck off

Slips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is EternalSlips is Eternal

I'll give it a go I enjoyed Moonlight Mile a hell of a lot.

Love me spacey type animes

Slips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #17
Molekage
I live!...? Maybe.
Jinchuuriki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shin~ View Post
I do want to start a pimping project but the only links I have is the HD version and I don't know if everyone's computers can handle them.
i've got a non-HD batch, dvd rips from kick ass anime. that acceptable?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #18
Fysh
boringville, USA
Examiner

Fysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faithFysh is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Fysh Send a message via MSN to Fysh

I watched this show recently, it's one of my favorite (it had been on my want-to-see list for a long time but for some reason I could never find it!) Anyway, I'll add to the consensus here, definitely worth watching. I love scifi anime, but I love "realistic" scifi even more! Excellent. Also, I'm shocked too that it didn't have a thread already....

Fysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Broleta
Doesn't want a Custom Title

Broleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is LuminaryBroleta is Luminary

Interesting, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Broleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #20
~Shin~
Spectacular Insanity
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molekage View Post
i've got a non-HD batch, dvd rips from kick ass anime. that acceptable?
Yeah that's great.

I'll send you PM's about it when I start the pimping project.

And you guys who are starting to watch this show, you won't be disappointed.