And... yet... further evidence marijuana cures cancer. - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The NF Café

Old 03-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Sanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is Divine
Default And... yet... further evidence marijuana cures cancer.

Quote:
Cannabis Science Updates Cancer Patient Progress As It Receives Verbal Confirmation By A Physician That Both Sites Of The Former Lesions Are Free Of Cancer Cells; Official Physician Documentation To Follow

Cannabis Science, Inc. (OTCBB: CBIS) a pioneering U.S. biotech company developing pharmaceutical cannabis (marijuana derivative) products, is pleased to announce that we have now received verbal confirmation that the sites of the former cancerous lesions are free of cancer cells and we are now awaiting official Physician documentation of the patient's history and biopsy reports.

Dr. Robert J. Melamede, the CEO and President of Cannabis Science Inc., stated, “The photographic documentation in our last press release, demonstrated that cannabis extracts appeared to be effective against what seems to be the patient's third incidence of basal cell carcinoma. For accuracy, it should be noted that a before treatment biopsy of the lesion on the nose was not been performed. It is obvious that there was a lesion-centered response to the application of the cannabis extract. This patient had a previous surgically removed lesion, as well as a biopsied basal cell carcinoma on the right cheek. The lesion on the cheek was also self-treated and resolved with cannabis extracts over a half year ago. This deeper cheek lesion did not visually respond like the lesion on the nose, hence there is no photographic record.”

Cannabis Science is committed to making cannabis-based medicines available to the public as rapidly as possible. The Company is taking multiple approaches to accomplishing this aim in the United States. The science of cannabinoids has exploded over the past decade, laying the scientific foundation for the many medicinal uses of this unique plant. Cannabinoids are a class of biologically active compounds produced by all vertebrates, the Cannabis plant, and more recently patentable synthetic compounds produced by chemists. In fact, modern peer-reviewed science supports the many historical uses that were discovered over thousands of years of medicinal use by herbalists.

Dr. Melamede concludes with, “More importantly, before and after treatment biopsies were performed and again we are very happy to report that the sites of the former lesions have both been verbally confirmed by a physician to be free of cancer cells and we await the formal written documentation. The lag of the United States federal government, and most governments world wide, to embrace modern cannabis science has forced people to turn to their states in an effort to make this unique medicine legally available to suffering patients. Because of the extremely low toxicity of cannabinoids, and generally high safety profile of these compounds, medical marijuana patients have become patient scientists. Rick Simpson is the leading patient scientist to have explored the use of cannabis extracts to treat cancers. It was because of his pioneering work, and anecdotal reports from patient scientists from all over the world, that Cannabis Science has been working with and educating patients.”

Please visit www.cannabisscience.com to view the “Breaking News” of the successful results and images of the self-administered cancer treatments. Cannabis Science will hold a press conference once the official documented Physician reports are received to formally announce its cancer formulation progress and future plans for cancer treatments. Brand names for new cancer treatment drugs are currently being vetted through the company attorney for future commercial use.

About Cannabis Science, Inc.

Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of pharmaceutical grade medical marijuana research and development. The Company works with world authorities on phytocannabinoid science targeting critical illnesses, and adheres to scientific methodologies to develop, produce and commercialize phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. In sum, we are dedicated to the creation of cannabis-based medicines, both with and without psychoactive properties, to treat disease and the symptoms of disease, as well as for general health maintenance.

Forward Looking Statements; This Press Release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934. A statement containing works such as "anticipate," "seek," intend," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "project," "plan," or similar phrases may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Some or all of the events or results anticipated by these forward-looking statements may not occur. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include the future U.S. and global economies, the impact of competition, and the Company's reliance on existing regulations regarding the use and development of cannabis-based drugs. Cannabis Science, Inc. does not undertake any duty nor does it intend to update the results of these forward-looking statements.
http://www.genengnews.com/industry-u...ici/111364681/

Sanity Check is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

If it cured cancer people wouldn't have cancer.

I wish it did though, I'd be rich with my stock.

CrazyMoronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Sanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is DivineSanity Check is Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoronX View Post
If it cured cancer people wouldn't have cancer.

I wish it did though, I'd be rich with my stock.

If anti-depressants cured depression, ppl wouldn't have depression.

C wut I did thar?

Spoiler:
absolutely nothing!

Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

The only real anti-depressant is sex.

CrazyMoronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
sworder

sworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowsworder is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

Hard to believe but whatever takes to legalize it, I approve.

They should find out how many people die of cancer yearly in Netherlands.

sworder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Karsh
In medias res
S-Class Missing-nin

Karsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is DivineKarsh is Divine

I just recently read an article about how it can increase psychosis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12616543
Personally I understand it's medicinal qualities in a strict and controlled manner if it has to do with a serious illness and that would help.
Otherwise it's just an excuse to get high.

Karsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsh View Post
Personally I understand it's medicinal qualities in a strict and controlled manner if it has to do with a serious illness and that would help.

Manufacturers of chemotherapy products realize a marijuana based cancer treatment is a threat to their billion dollar industry.

They pay someone willing to whore out their academic credibility dollars and cents to release a "study" saying marijuana use results in a 0.00001% higher chance of developing psychosis.

Surprising though it may seem when there are billions of dollars on the line people make up BS and lie. Business mirrors politics all too well.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

First Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mmortal 1tachi View Post
Manufacturers of chemotherapy products realize a marijuana based cancer treatment is a threat to their billion dollar industry.

They pay someone willing to whore out their academic credibility dollars and cents to release a "study" saying marijuana use results in a 0.00001% higher chance of developing psychosis.

Surprising though it may seem when there are billions of dollars on the line people make up BS and lie. Business mirrors politics all too well.
Your source is just as biased if not more so, and they also have an obvious agenda.

www.cannabisscience.com? Really? Are you kidding me?

First Tsurugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Tsurugi View Post
Your source is just as biased if not more so, and they also have an obvious agenda.

www.cannabisscience.com? Really? Are you kidding me?

Tons of studies and research data concluding cannabis has anti-tumor properties (and therefore anti-cancer properties) dating back to the 1970's...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/12088.php (study back in 2004)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm (Harvard study back in 2007)

What's different about the source I posted, is its the first time someone has tried to market it as a legitimate treatment backed by legitimate medical research, etc.

Whether the FDA approves it or shoots it down will be huge.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
Cthulhu-versailles
The Luckiest Man in Agrabah
God of Shinobi

Cthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is RapturousCthulhu-versailles is Rapturous

Correlation=/Causation=/Cure=/NO it ain't a miracle drug.

Next.

Cthulhu-versailles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #11
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu-versailles View Post
Correlation=/Causation=/Cure=/NO it ain't a miracle drug.

Next.

There is no treatment reference to causation nor correlation in regard to curing uncurable diseases.

You don't get rid of AIDs or herpes by accident.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

First Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is RapturousFirst Tsurugi is Rapturous

Quote:
Tons of studies and research data concluding cannabis has anti-tumor properties (and therefore anti-cancer properties) dating back to the 1970's...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/12088.php (study back in 2004)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm (Harvard study back in 2007)

What's different about the source I posted, is its the first time someone has tried to market it as a legitimate treatment backed by legitimate medical research, etc.

Whether the FDA approves it or shoots it down will be huge.
That doesn't change anything.

If you're going to criticize one side for promoting studies that favor their agendas but spare these guys even though they're doing the same exact thing that makes you a hypocrite.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Tsukiyomi
Crazy Cyborg Monkey
Advisor

Tsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareilTsukiyomi est le sans pareil

Quote:
There is no treatment reference to causation nor correlation in regard to curing uncurable diseases.
You are aware cancer can go into spontaneous remission right? So even if its true that these people started recovering from cancer that doesn't necessarily mean that breathing in bits of burning leaves and paper cured them.

Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
Sanity Check
✞ Luminaire
Hokage

Quote:
That doesn't change anything.

If you're going to criticize one side for promoting studies that favor their agendas but spare these guys even though they're doing the same exact thing that makes you a hypocrite.
I'm not criticizing anyone for promoting studies. I'm criticizing them for fabricating false studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
You are aware cancer can go into spontaneous remission right? So even if its true that these people started recovering from cancer that doesn't necessarily mean that breathing in bits of burning leaves and paper cured them.
Medical studies conducted from the 1960's onwards say otherwise.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
Xion
終わり
Final Villain

Xion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareilXion est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsh View Post
I wonder what combination of drugs doesn't increase some future health risk. I wonder for that matter what of anything doesn't increase some health risk.

My point? Who the fuck cares? Let people get high if they want. The bullshit excuses to keep things illegal ultimately do far more societal harm than good.

Xion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #16
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

Quote:
I'm not criticizing anyone for promoting studies. I'm criticizing them for fabricating false studies.
And who are you to dismiss studies as being "fabricated"?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #17
makeoutparadise
I will have my revenge
Kage

makeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultramakeoutparadise is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
And who are you to dismiss studies as being "fabricated"?
one should always wonder with such breaking new studies
"has this scientific study been peer reviewed?"
"Are these findings published in an academic journal?"

if not be weary IMO

makeoutparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #18
BassGS
Banned
ANBU Squad Leader

BassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is Luminary

Doesn't smoking Marijuana cause cancer?

BassGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #19
BassGS
Banned
ANBU Squad Leader

BassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is LuminaryBassGS is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Do you mean when someone get treated all the cancer cells are destroyed but there is a chance it will return? Or do you mean they randomly come and go? Is there a reason for that.

BassGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #20
First Tsurugi
M O T I V A T E D
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeoutparadise View Post
one should always wonder with such breaking new studies
"has this scientific study been peer reviewed?"
"Are these findings published in an academic journal?"

if not be weary IMO
The study linking Cannabis with psychosis was published in the British Medical Journal and involved researchers from the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and the UK.

That makes it seem more legitimate than this study.