• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Konoha Theatre > Television

Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
PikachuAsuncion
Konahagakure's Gossip Mongrel
Chuunin

PikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant future
Default Best and Worst Seasons of Digimon?

I only liked Seasons 1, 2, and 4.

the rest we're eh.

Especially the ones after Frontier.

I just want to know what your opinions of the digimon seasons.
So, what did you think?

PikachuAsuncion is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Stunna
Blue on the Run

Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Stunna broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Tamers was, and will always be, my favorite season.

Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Comic Book Guy
Cassandra Cain Fanboy
Advisor

Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Comic Book Guy broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Adventure 01 > Tamers > Adventure 02 for me.

Frontier was. . . no. Just no.

Looking back on it, I liked Tamers the best. . . but Adventure 01 is nostalgic.

And fuck the distant finale.

Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
The Potential
We weren't behind the bush..
Elite Jounin

The Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is Luminary

My favorites were, Adventure 01, Frontier and Adventure 02. Tamers being my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it.

Anything after that is nonexistent to me.

The Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
Fleet Admiral Akainu
A.K.A. Frank Grimes
Legendary Ninja

Fleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is Celestial

I've only seen 1-4 seasons.

Tamers>AD1>Frontier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AD2 (but still good)

Fleet Admiral Akainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Ben Grimm
Kicking the Hulk's Ass
God of Shinobi

Ben Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareilBen Grimm est le sans pareil

The original was always the best.

Ben Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
tari101190
Afro Nouveau
Legendary Ninja

tari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysiantari101190 is Elysian

season 3 tamers was the best for me.

season 4 frontier was the worst for me. although the evolution's looked the best in frontier.

tari101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Seto Kaiba
God Hand Crusher
Sith Lord

Seto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is EternalSeto Kaiba is Eternal

Adventure 01>Tamers>Adventure 02>Savers>Frontier for me

Seto Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
DemonDragonJ
Seeker of Adventure
Hokage

Location: exploring this magical world, seeking out new adventures and excitement
DemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is ElysianDemonDragonJ is Elysian

First, this is not the appropriate sub-forum to discuss this topic; the Konoha TV: Channel 12 forum, found here, is the place for such a topic.

As for the actual subject of the thread, the traits that make a season of Digimon the "best" or "worst" are completely subjective, so I shall instead state which season are my favorite, which I actualyl have done before.

The first season of Digimon, Digimon Adventure, is still my favorite, because it seemed to have one of the most epic plots and simply was something new at the time that I watched it. Plus, it had some of my favorite villains in the franchise (namely, Vamdemon and the Dark Masters).

My second favorite season was season five, Digimon Savers, because of its departure from the art style and themes of the first several seasons. In this season, the main characters were much older than those of the previous seasons, even adults and parents had Digimon partners and went to the Digital World, and it also had the only genuinely evil human charatcer in a Digimon series thus far, Akihiro Kurata, who therefore is my favorite villain after Vamdemon.

After those seasons, season three, Tamers, is my third favorite, and seasons two and four, Adventure 02 and Frontier, respectively, are my least favorite of the completed seasons. I liked Tamers because it was slightly darker and more dramatic than the first two seasons, but Savers better executed that idea in my mind, and Adventure 02 and Frontier were too similar to Adventure for them to be my favorites.

The current season, Digimon Xros Wars, is still running, so I shall wait until it is finished to decide where it is among my favorite seasons, but it currently is tied with Digimon Savers for second place after Digimon Adventure.

And if anyone is planning to re-watch these series, I absolutely recommend that you watch them in their original Japanese language with subtitles, as I found the English dubbed voices to be extremely poor in comparison to the originals, plus a great amount of content was censored from the series when they were brought over to the United States, a process of which I absolutely do not approve. Fansubs of the older series can be found around the internet, so I definitely believe that it is worth the time and effort that would be spent downloading them to see them in their original and uncensored form.

Last edited by DemonDragonJ; 11-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.
DemonDragonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
The810kid
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

The810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is LuminaryThe810kid is Luminary

Tamers was undderrated I'd say it was just as good as Adventure 01. I'd say Adventure 02 was my favorite season and Frontiers isn't as bad as the hate it gets.

The810kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

I only saw 4 episodes from the first season.

It was the best season.

CrazyMoronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
Kαrin
̣

Kαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is TranscendentKαrin is Transcendent

Best - Season 1

Worst - Seasons after the 2nd one

Kαrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
The Potential
Elite Jounin

The Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is LuminaryThe Potential is Luminary

This isn't the only place ive seen Frontier get a bad name. I'd like to know why this is everyones least favorite??

Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #14
Evolet
Fabulous
Elite Jounin

Evolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is TranscendentEvolet is Transcendent

^ I actually didn't mind Frontiers, looking back now. Didn't like it at first, but learned to appreciate the different approach they made.

As for the best season, imho, Tamers, "worst", S2.

Evolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
Fleet Admiral Akainu
A.K.A. Frank Grimes
Legendary Ninja

Fleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is CelestialFleet Admiral Akainu is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Potential View Post
This isn't the only place ive seen Frontier get a bad name. I'd like to know why this is everyones least favorite??
I really liked that season. Its only downside would be around the introduction of the royal knights till they are defeated. It took a long time to resolve that to the point where it seemed to drag. Some plot points needed to be established such as the RKs absorbing the rest of the data and Empororgreymon and Magnagarurumon being inexperienced. But the rest felt like a waste of time. This lasted 10 episodes.

A lot of things made it a close favourite. The 10 legendary warrior spirits, everything about them was awesome. The characters were cool. I enjoyed Takuya, Koji, and Koichi the most. This season had arguebly the best finale. Lucemon was presented as a great threat, and was dealt with appropriately(unlike ADV2s finale). The season also lacked partners. Some may see this as a negative point, but usually the kids are nothing more than being put at risk. Seriously, why don't most villains just try killing them instead of always treating them as sideline viewers. My main point is it was good to see the kids actually take control and fight for the cause. The season is pretty much digimon power rangers

I could go on and on about why I hate ADV2 if not for Blackwargreymon.

Fleet Admiral Akainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
The Potential
Elite Jounin

Ive heard that before, that it's lack of partners made it the worst. I also agree that towards the end it did kinda' drag on a bit. Another point I didn't like about this season was around the time Aldamon and Beowolfmon were introduced, it made the other characters pretty useless...

Still my second favorite season though.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #17
Sennin of Hardwork
Stuff and Thangs
Hokage

Sennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is DivineSennin of Hardwork is Divine

I liked AD1. AD2 and Tamers. Frontier was okay, however Lucemon sure was awesome, specially his "Satan Mode", I believe that was how it was called.

Sennin of Hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
PikachuAsuncion
Chuunin

PikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant futurePikachuAsuncion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonDragonJ View Post
First, this is not the appropriate sub-forum to discuss this topic; the Konoha TV: Channel 12 forum, found here, is the place for such a topic.
Well, I'm not that use to the forum. So, how do I move it?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #19
PikachuAsuncion
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Potential View Post
My favorites were, Adventure 01, Frontier and Adventure 02. Tamers being my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it.

Anything after that is nonexistent to me.
I have a big adoration for Frontier actually. It's a tie for my favourite, along with ADV1. The characters, especially Kouji and Koichi, had swell back-stories. I also like how they could transformed into Digimon, not just depend on their partners. I also like Kouji, he was kind of a bad-ass. Which is kind of rare in the Digimon universe, no? Grant there are others, but he stood out. I also liked the character developement. The theme was also the best opening for Digimon. The first 3 we're too repetitive. And the ones after Frontier we're something I couldn't watch for more than an episode

Last edited by PikachuAsuncion; 03-08-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #20
The Potential
Elite Jounin

I also loved Frontiers opening. Oh, and about moving this thread. The mods will move it if they feel it doesn't need to be here. No worries.

American opening that is.