• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha Library
View Poll Results: Most selfish/egotistical character?
Sasuke 164 44.20%
Orochimaru 52 14.02%
Madara 40 10.78%
Deidara 8 2.16%
Kakuzu 2 0.54%
Naruto 70 18.87%
Nagato 4 1.08%
Danzo 13 3.50%
Kabuto 4 1.08%
Other 14 3.77%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Hiro
Superhiro

Hiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is Eternal
Default Official Manga Complaints Thread

Unhappy that your favourite character was killed? Displeased by who is winning (or participating in) the current battle? Can't get over a decision Kishimoto made? Planning on quitting the manga? Come here to discuss general complaints about the plot, direction, or writing of the manga. All general complaint threads found in Library outside this thread will be merged. Any specific discussion worthy grievances about the manga that have not been sufficiently addressed can still be placed in the Library main, and will remain there at the discretion of the section moderators.

No flaming, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm
1. Anyone not coming to this thread to criticize can leave and not come back. If you come in here to troll, flame, etc I will happily delete your posts, infract, and outright ban the serious/repeat offenders. I'm dead fucking serious.

2. Criticism=/=hatred. Yes, there are those that DO hate the story now but do not lump everyone that has a problem with the story together.

3. Everyone is not complaining about the same thing. Different fandoms will hate and love different subjects. All this nonsense about people flip-flopping on what they want to happen is a result of different fandoms voicing their approval and disapproval.

A hardcore Naruto fan is not always going to like Sasuke's developments and the reverse is also true. Same with pairing fandoms and same with people that like certain villains.

Read and understand it.

NarutoForums

Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Trent
Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
Legendary Ninja

Trent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is Ascendant

There's not enough T & A.

Without going up to Fairy Tail level (), a little fan service wouldn't damage the manga.

Edit: I was about to add
Spoiler:
"woohoo, first" "
then I remembered I actually hate seeing people post that. So I won't.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
bearzerger
Major Cliff Allister McLane
God of Shinobi

bearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareil
Send a message via ICQ to bearzerger

The design of Naruto's Rikudou mode sucks. It's too white, there's just no shading, no contrast it looks like a human shaped void. It needs a more finished look.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
nebojsaxfarseer
ronin of freehold
Academy Teacher

nebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant futurenebojsaxfarseer has a brilliant future

i dont like the jumping from fight to fight, forget what was going on. Also dont like the kumo hype, or kick them out or more from every village

Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
Trent
Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
Legendary Ninja

Trent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is AscendantTrent is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearzerger View Post
The design of Naruto's Rikudou mode sucks. It's too white, there's just no shading, no contrast it looks like a human shaped void. It needs a more finished look.
I especially dislike the whirlpool with the weird ugly tomoe-like tail thing on his belly.

It's good that there are markings on Naruto's body in RM but the ones Kishi came up with do not look cool at all.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Adagio
Be at ease
Elite Jounin

Adagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is AscendantAdagio is Ascendant

I agree with the new look of the new mode, I also think that it completely voids the need for a new outfit for Naruto, which I'm sure many people were looking forward to. It just seems like lazyness on Kishimoto's part because it makes it easier to draw him.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
bullsh3t
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Elite Teacher

bullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faithbullsh3t is a guardian of the faith

I hate how deidara and sasori got trolled.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
bearzerger
Major Cliff Allister McLane
God of Shinobi

bearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareilbearzerger est le sans pareil
Send a message via ICQ to bearzerger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I especially dislike the whirlpool with the weird ugly tomoe-like tail thing on his belly.

It's good that there are markings on Naruto's body in RM but the ones Kishi came up with do not look cool at all.
true, sadly without those whirlpools and those strange black markings it would look even worse. My only hope is that Kishi will combine RM and SM and give him a new design instead of that crappy one.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
Dream
Administrator

Dream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein Übermensch

I dislike how small of a part the other ninja villages played in Part 2 until now. Before the TS I thought that the other villages would come into conflict with a weakened Konoha but that never happened. Instead the story shifted from being about a boy who wanted to be the leader of a ninja village to a story about a boy wanting to "rescue" his friend and fight off people who want to capture him because of a demon he contains.

And that change, I feel, was a big mistake.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
Godaime Tsunade
The Real Gamble
Legendary Ninja

Godaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is RapturousGodaime Tsunade is Rapturous

Stick with one fight at a time. Showing so many at once, and leaving many of them off panel is really annoying. It would be much better if we saw Kakashi, Sakura, Lee and Gai vs The Seven Swordsmen, Ino-Shika-Cho vs Asuma, Choza vs Dan, Mifune vs Hanzo etc. as seperate matches taking up a number of chapters. Instead of seeing random cut scenes of the fight =/

Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
CrazyAries
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja

CrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is ElysianCrazyAries is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fail View Post
I dislike how small of a part the other ninja villages played in Part 2 until now. Before the TS I thought that the other villages would come into conflict with a weakened Konoha but that never happened. Instead the story shifted from being about a boy who wanted to be the leader of a ninja village to a story about a boy wanting to "rescue" his friend and fight off people who want to capture him because of a demon he contains.

And that change, I feel, was a big mistake.
I do not like that shift, either. For one thing, Naruto lost his narrative in more ways than one. He put his goal to become Hokage on the sidelines because he could not save his friend. We did not see him on very many productive missions on which he could travel to other villages. Naruto was not getting stronger primarily to prepare for the role of leading Konohagakure, but to have a rematch with Sasuke. This leads me to the issue of the power-scaling of this manga.

As Naruto is preparing to have that long-awaited showdown with Sasuke, the two have gotten exponentially stronger. This narrowed down the number of characters that could conceivably hold their own against them and made other characters look largely irrelevant. Kishimoto has to find excuses to keep Naruto out of the action and make a grand entrance in the end. Also, to what end are these two becoming so powerful? Sure, both may very well face Madara, but what happens after the smoke clears? There will be two powerful being left in the story with village-busting jutsus but no conceivable reason to use them. Naruto will most likely avoid killing anyone, as well.

Also, as I said in the other complaints thread, the title of kage looks irrelevant, as well, due to Naruto's role as the destined child. World peace is so much grander than the role of village leader. Kishimoto drastically changed the scope in Part 2.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #12
PuppetDoctor
Rookie

PuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant futurePuppetDoctor has a brilliant future

The manga is just not interesting to read right now and has become almost a chore. The whole war so far has been a huge disappointment. Seriously, I feel like I am watching an American cartoon (nothing against American cartoons). Its like this:

For the next two weeks we have have a character you have never seen before battle this person you have never seen before.

*Two weeks later* We will have this character come back who was from the beginning of Naruto fight this character until they are defeated.

*Rinse and Repeat*

Its getting very tiresome and it feels like Kishimoto wants to draw out this manga longer than it needs to be. We all know the grand scheme of things and that Sasuke will eventually battle Naruto.

Another, disappointment is that there is no deaths. Have a major character die off to make the suspense go up. Isn't that what a war is about? But even if a major character does die off I doubt I will believe they will stay dead after what happened at the end of the Pain arc.

I just wish that these random battles would stop happening and its disappointing that once formidable opponents are now getting beaten up within two chapters.

When I think back to when I most enjoyed Naruto it was during the Chunnin Exams and the battle between the 3rd Hokage and Orochimaru. What happened Kishimoto?

Old 03-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
Judecious
Outskirts Trading Pimp

Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to Judecious Send a message via Skype™ to Judecious

Manga needs Naruto and Sasuke back

Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Gamma Akutabi

Gamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultraGamma Akutabi is the ne plus ultra

I hate Rikudou and every connection made to him.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Judecious
Outskirts Trading Pimp

Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Judecious broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to Judecious Send a message via Skype™ to Judecious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Akutabi View Post
I hate Rikudou and every connection made to him.
He's not that bad but the freaking Juubi killed the story

Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
Addy
Kushina sucks more than hinata
Sith Lord

Addy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is EternalAddy is Eternal

Addy's thread. part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judecious View Post
for some it took for him just being mentioned to ruin the story and for others is juubi.

im from the former.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #17
patrick4life
That Special Flavour
S-Class Missing-nin

patrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestialpatrick4life is Celestial

i dislike that sasuke's EMS and naruto's rikudo mode both seem as small power ups.
RM should be stronger than KN8 but i feel like it is as stong as KN1.
EMS just restores sasuke's eyesight and an extra jutsu.

also the war arc should stop shifting. it seems so rushed. a better way to do this would be CE style. make the fights only 2-3 chapters, but atleast don't skip in the middle of the fight.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
SaVaGe609
Only Sai Fan
Missing-nin

SaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is CelestialSaVaGe609 is Celestial

Sai vs Deidara would've been a badass fight. I've been anticipating it forever. They're fighting styles are parallels in quite a few ways. But instead, Kishi rushed through it and Sai showed us, as always, nothing new. Other than the drawing of the Benevolent Twins, which was cool, but the way they were used? Angry Sai has the ability to magically leap behind two high class ninja? Kishi should've put more effort into it.

The most I can hope for is that we see the "sealing jutsus" Kakashi asked him to use, when we finally get back to that story.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
Aleeight
Long-Winded Writer
Elite Teacher

Aleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is TranscendentAleeight is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judecious View Post
What really killed me was when it was mentioned that the Rikudou made the moon in order to seal the Juubi in.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #20
jux
back to back
Missing-nin

jux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendentjux is Transcendent

I dislike the power scaling that is know is used in Naruto. It's now more about haxx power ups then it is about stealth, tactic and deception that made the fights so charming back in Part 1. The impossible tip of Sasuke and Naruto's power skill just makes them all too exclusive to each other and Madara. There is no risk, and thus the climax of their fights are dampened.

The way Kishi has handled Part 2 has been disappointing overall. I don't mind the direction Part 1 took, to Sasuke leaving Konoha, but the way Kishimoto has handled the manga since then has been offputting. He should have written it in a way that had Sasuke action's challenge and change Naruto's idealistic world view and philosophy on the responsibility Hokage's took in the management of missing-nin/criminals that have become so due to being marginalized in a community fuelled by the villages (and thus the leader's) lack of care, rather then make Sasuke utterly impede on Naruto's path in becoming Hokage.

Closed Thread