Did Minato Namikaze have Sage Mode? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives 2

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
PrazzyP
They call me the resurrecter
Legendary Ninja

PrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is Celestial
Default Did Minato Namikaze have Sage Mode?

Minato had good links with the toads much like Jiraiya and now Naruto.
so does that maen its possible that Minato knows sage mode too?

Discuss.

NarutoForums

Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Thor
NF = No Fun. Allowed.
Kage

Thor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is AscendantThor is Ascendant

He didn't need it.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Divinstrosity
Itachi: God Of The Gods.
Hokage

Divinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is Rapturous

I don't think he needed it.

I don't get the feeling that Jiraiya and Naruto would ever have achieved overwhelming speed without Sage Mode. Of course, they could have trained like Lee and Gai and become gods - but I doubt Jiraiya or Naruto felt they were worthy of training with and becoming as great as Maito Gai.

Anyway...

Minato is a natural super-genius, who, according to Jiraiya, had a great work ethic to match.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Dboy2008
The Genius of Konoha
Jounin

Dboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is LuminaryDboy2008 is Luminary

I'm gonna say no

Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Final Jutsu
Best of the Best
Jinchuuriki

Final Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is CelestialFinal Jutsu is Celestial

No, Fukasaku stated Sage Mode was about Jiraiya/Naruto specifically. Due to their large chakra pools.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
PrazzyP
Legendary Ninja

PrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is CelestialPrazzyP is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Jutsu View Post
No, Fukasaku stated Sage Mode was about Jiraiya/Naruto specifically. Due to their large chakra pools.
whats to say minato didnt have a large chakra pool?

Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
PrazzyP
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinstrosity View Post

I don't get the feeling that Jiraiya and Naruto would ever have achieved overwhelming speed without Sage Mode. Of course, they could have trained like Lee and Gai and become gods - but I doubt Jiraiya or Naruto felt they were worthy of training with and becoming as great as Maito Gai.

Anyway...

Minato is a natural super-genius, who, according to Jiraiya, had a great work ethic to match.
the thing is though, SM was all about achieveing raw power and not so much getting speed.

minato was already fast so him getting SM would have meant he became incredibly powerful too and his jutsu would have become much more prevelent.

such as his rasengans becoming even more beastly

Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Chibason
Troll King
God of Shinobi

Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Minato trained with the frogs, we know this since he had Frog summons...

But, Fukasaku clearly stated that only J-man and Naruto were right for Sage Mode.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
PrazzyP
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibason View Post
Minato trained with the frogs, we know this since he had Frog summons...

But, Fukasaku clearly stated that only J-man and Naruto were right for Sage Mode.
thats a shame
i would have loved minato to hurl a hige rasengan at someone

Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
Naruto
Super Moderator

Naruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowNaruto is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

Quote:

What do you mean? Nobody "needs" to be a force-sensitive version of superman, but I fail to see how it would have hurt Minato, or anyone else, to have it in their arsenal.

More than likely Minato wasn't suited to that type of training.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
Senjuclan
Mori No Senju Ichizoku
Jinchuuriki

Senjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is TranscendentSenjuclan is Transcendent

Quote:

Anyway...

While I agree with you that Minato did not have sage mode, I have to take exception to the idea that he did not need it. The beauty of sage mode is that its ninjutsu is not sui generis, it only enhances what you already have. If Minato had sage mode, he would have been able to (1) use MUCH stronger rasengan, (2) probably complete rasengan because of the chakra boost (3) automatically acquire high level genjutsu casting skills and genjutsu defense through Ma and Pa and (4) Be able to use kawazu naki in combination with hiraishin (insta-kill combo) and (5) become a greater sensor than he was

A sage mode Minato would have been unbeatable. He could literally throw a kunai and purposely miss, teleport to the kunai via hiraishin, use kawazu naki phantom punch and you are dead.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
PrazzyP
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjuclan View Post
While I agree with you that Minato did not have sage mode, I have to take exception to the idea that he did not need it. The beauty of sage mode is that its ninjutsu is not sui generis, it only enhances what you already have. If Minato had sage mode, he would have been able to (1) use MUCH stronger rasengan, (2) probably complete rasengan because of the chakra boost (3) automatically acquire high level genjutsu casting skills and genjutsu defense through Ma and Pa and (4) Be able to use kawazu naki in combination with hiraishin (insta-kill combo) and (5) become a greater sensor than he was

A sage mode Minato would have been unbeatable. He could literally throw a kunai and purposely miss, teleport to the kunai via hiraishin, use kawazu naki phantom punch and you are dead.
exactly my point!

minato with Sm would have been almost invincible, which is probably why kishi didnt give it to him

Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
Hated Uchiha
Pioneer to the Falls
Academy Teacher

Hated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant futureHated Uchiha has a brilliant future

did minato have his future foretold by the elder toad?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Jiraiya4Life
I Like Trains
Jounin

Jiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is LuminaryJiraiya4Life is Luminary

He may have picked it up if he lived longer...but thanks to the whole entire plot of Naruto he had to die :/

Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
PrazzyP
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraiya4Life View Post
He may have picked it up if he lived longer...but thanks to the whole entire plot of Naruto he had to die :/
how unfortunate

nothing would have been more badass than a teleporting ghost punch

Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
Thethiala
Manga Colorist
Academy Teacher

Thethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is CelestialThethiala is Celestial

http://www.mangareader.net/93-55672-...apter-503.html

Minato needed to borrow chakra to transport the Kyuubi away, something that wouldn't be necessary if he had Sennin Mode.

It has been stated that you need to have a huge natural chakra reserve in order to master Sennin Mode, something Minato doesn't have. Naruto inherited his stamina from his mother, not his father.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
Griever
Omne ignotum pro magnifico
Jinchuuriki

Griever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is AscendantGriever is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
He didn't need it.
That's not really true.... Sage mode has a number of boosts for the user, makes ninjutsu stronger, allows for invisible punches, increases physical strength etc. Sure Minato was a strong shinobi and unlike naruto doesn't need such things in order to fight top class shinobi, but it never hurts to have something to fall back on just in case.

Jiraiya was also a very strong shinobi without sage mode, but it didn't hinder him from learning it.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
tgm2x
There is only despair.
Kage

tgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturoustgm2x is Rapturous

No, Naruto>Minato at least in sage training, Minato would become toad. /thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
Chibason
Troll King
God of Shinobi

Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Chibason broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thethiala View Post
http://www.mangareader.net/93-55672-...apter-503.html

Minato needed to borrow chakra to transport the Kyuubi away, something that wouldn't be necessary if he had Sennin Mode.

It has been stated that you need to have a huge natural chakra reserve in order to master Sennin Mode, something Minato doesn't have. Naruto inherited his stamina from his mother, not his father.
Great point.

...although, Minato could have been tired from the intense battle with Madara...

Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
®

® is an unknown quantity at this point

He didn't have Sage Mode. He likely didn't have the chakra for it. Sage Mode doesn't fit him anyway (Though it would certainly be of big use). Minato wasn't a brute type like Naruto and Jiraiya. He was a finesse type of ninja like Kakashi and Itachi.