Rift - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Online Gaming Center

Old 02-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Schwarzwald
We have come to terms
Academy Teacher

Schwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Schwarzwald Send a message via Yahoo to Schwarzwald
Default Rift

I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion on Rift so far in here as it's out in less than two weeks if you're preordered.

I played Beta 6 last week and I have to say it feels very vanilla WoW to me which is I'm enjoying quite a bit. Classes having distinct differences instead of being a slightly different shade of the same ooze brings me back to when WoW was starting out.

On top of that, the fact the different subclasses within each of the class callings allow you to do multiple roles within the game, makes the margin for error that much wider if you find you don't like a role instead of simply having to reroll and start over.

The rift battles as well really bring a dynamic to the game along with the fact that Rift actually will start with an end game (unlike Warhammer and Aion.)

Just seeing if I'm the only one here checking this game out

Little bit of a propaganda piece but shows the settings pretty well

(They're having an open beta starting next tuesday for six days if anyone wants to try it out, already have several of my WoW guildies in but the more the merrier.)

NarutoForums

Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Cardboard Jewsuke
Draffut
Hokage

Cardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is Ascendant

Quote:
Classes having distinct differences instead of being a slightly different shade of the same ooze brings me back to when WoW was starting out.
You mean some classes were unstoppable killing machines, and others were worthless mushrooms?

Anyhow, it does look interesting. I've been looking to move away from WOW again recently, might look into this one.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Arsehole
Academy Student

Arsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant futureArsehole has a brilliant future

That is epic... Think i am defiantly registering for beta.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Schwarzwald
We have come to terms
Academy Teacher

Schwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faithSchwarzwald is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Jewsuke View Post
You mean some classes were unstoppable killing machines, and others were worthless mushrooms?

Anyhow, it does look interesting. I've been looking to move away from WOW again recently, might look into this one.
Eh I was more talking about differences between the classes as far as some bringing a great deal of support while others did more straight dps without bringing any buffs. Now you have the present day homogenization where all the classes bring the same buffs 15 times over so it comes down to straight viability between the classes (Not like Blizz has ever been able to balance that)

Anyway another new vid this one showing what the dungeons are like. There is a Expert(heroic) version of each dungeon once you hit 50 with all new bosses

Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
sadated_peon
King of the potato people.
Jinchuuriki

sadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysiansadated_peon is Elysian

just started the beta,

any advice for classes?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Schwarzwald
We have come to terms
Academy Teacher

Depends on what you wanna do though the nice thing is you can cover 4 of the 5 roles in every calling...

It's beta, just roll what looks fun and go with it, not like any of this counts.

Really enjoying the warrior specs atm, trying a riftblade/reaver build next

Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Coldhands
A Thousand Eyes, and One

Coldhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareilColdhands est le sans pareil

I tried the beta and got bored. It's just that... We'v seen this all before. There's nothing new. Well not that I was even expecting anything really.

With WoW already on market and games Star Wars: The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 incoming I don't really see why anyone would choose this Rift over those.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
Escargon
Sas UKE! LOL!
S-Class Missing-nin

Escargon has disabled reputation

Its that game everyone talks about. The WoW killer. Thats what they say in the forums anyway.

Like Warhammer online, Aion and other games like that. Im not judging that this game will die, this game looks interesting for me, and i hope it wont let me down, so i can finally play a new MMO again!

I wont try the beta, im going to read the forums and read the reviews before i start to play this game. Hopefully it will be as good or even better than Guild Wars.

That is, if they are designing their characters on their view instead of trying to copy WoW characters and their skills.

Like druids for example. Before WoW druids were different, some casted magical fire spells and summoned spirits, other actually fighted with bows and ranged knives etc.

Now every game is trying to copy from WoW, being Nature and shapeshifting style.

I hope this game wont be like that. I hope that warlocks(if you could play one) actually casts frost spells and so on and heal others instead of casting fire spells and summoning dark creatures. The only classes i see is OK for copying is Hunter, Warrior and Rogue.

Anyways, im hyped. I hope this game turns out to be a good unique MMO game! ;)

Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Wilykat
ummm... what newbie?
Missing-nin

Wilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is CelestialWilykat is Celestial

It probably won't kill WoW but I've played it and enjoyed it so far. Someone described it like WoW on steroid.

Very smooth launch with minimal downtime, all in the early morning for bug fixes.

I was tired of WoW and nothing new worth playing plus all those druid nerf isn't helping me.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
-Dargor-
-I survived the fillers-
Legendary Ninja

-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial

No game will kill WoW, Blizzard will. They actually are killing right now with all their new "Everyone does the same dps, everyone brings in the same buffs, all healers are equally painful to play, all tanks feel useless on their own, everyone run with premades or get screwed" mentality.

Not to mention recycling the old Troll content. Really... If I see more trolls I'm gonna puke.

People playing Rift aren't people that were stolen away from WoW, they're people that were bored out of their minds with WoW and wanted what made WoW great & fun in the first place, but with a new story, new lore, new background, nicer graphics, ect.

WoW hasn't felt the same to me since Cataclysm came out and I'm glad the comptetion is still trying. Rift has been out for weeks now and it's still going stronger than most attempts made before so I'm probably gonna give it a shot soon, hopefully it will be good enough to replace WoW on my startup menu.

So long as it doesn't turn into another DCUO I'll be happy.

Not to mention the class system kinda reminds me of Ragnarok online, which I loved deeply back in the days.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
Yakushi Kabuto
Socks Activate! Shape of a
Super Mutilator

Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via AIM to Yakushi Kabuto

Heh, I'm one of the people trying it while I take a break from WoW. I imagine myself returning to WoW in a couple of months. Just looking for a change of pace. What I like best about Rift so far is how I could just so easily join groups and take down elites with them and get some random loot. None of that waiting around for things to happen. I could be doing a quest, see a pack of people wandering by and get the option to join them just like that.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
Cardboard Jewsuke
Draffut
Hokage

Cardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is AscendantCardboard Jewsuke is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargon View Post
Like druids for example. Before WoW druids were different, some casted magical fire spells and summoned spirits, other actually fighted with bows and ranged knives etc.

Now every game is trying to copy from WoW, being Nature and shapeshifting style.
Almost everything has copied the D&D druid archtype, WOW included. Minor changes aside, druids have always been shape-shifting tree-huggers with ability to use both mage (wizard) and cleric (priest) type spells. They also generally have animal companions, that WOW gave to hunters. (rangers)

Old 03-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #13
-Dargor-
-I survived the fillers-
Legendary Ninja

-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial-Dargor- is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange quark View Post
Heh, I'm one of the people trying it while I take a break from WoW. I imagine myself returning to WoW in a couple of months. Just looking for a change of pace. What I like best about Rift so far is how I could just so easily join groups and take down elites with them and get some random loot. None of that waiting around for things to happen. I could be doing a quest, see a pack of people wandering by and get the option to join them just like that.
That sounds like a very neat feature.

Can't wait to tryout my Bard/Ranger/Riftstalker

Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
-Dargor-
-I survived the fillers-
Legendary Ninja

Been playing for a few days now and I have to say the lack of a dungeon finder+barbershop are probably the only beef I got with this game. Hiring a better gear designer probably wouldn't hurt them either.

I hear the former 2 are coming with next patch so I'm still optimistic, enjoying the scenery and damn the rifts/invasions can become ectic at times.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Cardboard Jewsuke
Draffut
Hokage

Been thinking about picking this up, but am hearing that the class balance is atrocious in both PvP and PvE. Not so sure now.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
Yakushi Kabuto
Socks Activate! Shape of a
Super Mutilator

Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via AIM to Yakushi Kabuto

Heh, I already got bored with the game, although I tired of things easily. Lasted about a week, longer than I would have thought possible! While the whole Rifts thing was cool the quests associated with them were just always about the same thing. That and there are too many abilities for me to get a real handle on what I should be using at any given time. I did vaguely like the flag pvp though.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #17
Aya~
Banned

Aya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big oneAya~ smokes the big one

we tried that game with my bf and it was horrible, the gfx are trully dissaponting, the animations when you cast skills are retarded...you are staring at just your characters back all the time.. . i guess thats just me bc i am used to playing aion but seriously, i expected way more of rift and it dissapointed me big time

Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #18
LMJ

LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

wtf yo, no one else plays this game?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #19
Gnome
It's Me You'll Fight

Gnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is ElysianGnome is Elysian

I have it, never bothered to add more time after the first month. I don't have time for MMO's atm. The game is good though.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #20
LMJ

LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!LMJ broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

Ya. Just started about 2 days ago, and I am loving it.