Your degree or future degree - Page 5 - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The NF Café > Konoha University

Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #81
Zezima
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jinchuuriki

Zezima has disabled reputation

I plan to study for about 4 to 8 years on computer, movie, and animation design.

Zezima is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #82
Vodrake
Elite Teacher

Vodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is LuminaryVodrake is Luminary

Just starting my final year of my Masters in Computer Science.

Vodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #83
lowtech redneck
Academy Teacher

lowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhongda View Post
Some advice - get a business or engineering degree with a minor in the social sciences. Once you've graduated you'll be reasonably marketable. Don't choose based on a passion or ideal you have now, choose based on market demand.

I am forced to consider getting a science degree simply to land a decent job, as the arts are quite useless in helping you live the good life I am afraid.
I have to agree with this, sadly; don't make my mistake. And if you do, try not to compound it by dropping out right before thesis class....

lowtech redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #84
AwesomeSmile
GET TO THE CHOPPA!
Genin

AwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hopeAwesomeSmile is a paragon of hope

I'm getting my BA in political science in two years, then I'm going to law school to get my LLB but I might get my J.D. depending on how easy/hard it is to find a job.

AwesomeSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #85
Nesha
😉
Kage

Nesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareilNesha est le sans pareil

I'm currently in school studying in cosmetology. After I graduate I plan to study in makeup artistry at a makeup academy.

Then I plan to work on my associate's/bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising to study to become a fashion buyer.

Nesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #86
Trunkten
何で?
Elite Teacher

Trunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faithTrunkten is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhongda View Post
Some advice - get a business or engineering degree with a minor in the social sciences. Once you've graduated you'll be reasonably marketable. Don't choose based on a passion or ideal you have now, choose based on market demand.

I am forced to consider getting a science degree simply to land a decent job, as the arts are quite useless in helping you live the good life I am afraid.
I on the other hand would disagree with this; follow your passions. It all depends what you want from life. If you do want to get rich, own a nice car, house etc, then yeah, your advice is sound.

Personally however, I can't imagine studying anything other than I subject I genuinely enjoyed. I'm two years in to a degree in Japanese Studies, and I'd never be doing as well as I am if I was doing a degree in a subject I didn't enjoy. I may not come out of education and land the greatest-paid job in the world, but at least I'll be set up to do what I love - using the Japanese language.

As Confucius said: 'Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.'

Trunkten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #87
lowtech redneck
Academy Teacher

lowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truthlowtech redneck is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkten View Post
As Confucius said: 'Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.'
That's assuming you can get a job in your field of interests with your degree. Its best to have some sort of fall-back plan.

lowtech redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 AM   #88
SleeplessNarc
Faceless
Rookie

SleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of lightSleeplessNarc is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping for an AEET, BCS and an associate of science in Robotics Engineering with a major in ASD and certifications in Security+, A+, Network+ and Linux+. Of course, these degrees will be spread out. I plan to earn the certifications first while going to the local university for the two associates, followed up by the bachelors and major a few years later after I've earned enough to actually go back.

SleeplessNarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #89
HighLevelPlayer
Iustitia Falsa
Missing-nin

HighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is Ascendant

BA in Interactive Media (game design and development) and maybe an MFA in the same thing, or I'll just go straight into the industry with the BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioden View Post
BA Poli Sci -> Fail LSAT -> Master of Poli Sci -> PhD in Poli Sci -> Cardboard House

HighLevelPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #90
GuidoMista
Taking a break
Genin

GuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hopeGuidoMista is a paragon of hope

I'm finishing up my BA in Philosophy and hope to go on to graduate school to study Buddhology and Sanskrit so I can help translate Buddhist texts. I'll probably have to study a few other languages too, like Tibetan and Chinese but I don't think that will be too hard as I'm pretty good at picking up languages.

GuidoMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #91
Agmaster
Master of Silver

Agmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to Agmaster Send a message via Skype™ to Agmaster

I've got a BS in International Business with an Eastern Asian Focus. Know the foundation of japanese and can read Hangul, but that's about as good as I get at that.
Currently doing nothing with it, but working my part time data entry gig. Aspire to run or work a marketing sector of a mnc, but nowadays that feels so tainted.

Agmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #92
Nois
eternal otter-kun
Hokage

Nois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is EternalNois is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to Nois

BA in TEFL, currently doing my MA in the same field and planning on taking another major, in Translation Studies next year.

Later maybe Philosophy/Literature, if I feel like it/can afford it, while working.

I dream of a PhD in Linguistics/Literature and a job as an academic teacher.

Nois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #93
Gekiha
Academy Student

Gekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to beholdGekiha is a splendid one to behold

Literature -> Psychology -> Philosophy

Gekiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #94
Incanta
Strawberry Pudding
Genin

Incanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is CelestialIncanta is Celestial

I'm taking undergrad honours in English lit with a minor in art history (plus taking a few classes in philosophy). Then, I want to go to grad school and take library and information science. I want to be a librarian or own my own bookshop.

Incanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #95
bcloalkee
Strategist worthy of Shikamaru
Genin

bcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant futurebcloalkee has a brilliant future
Default My Degrees

Well this is a question I get a few awkward looks at when I answer. Currently I have two masters degrees in Astrophysics and Quantum Mechanics, I have Bachelor Degrees in Genetics, Evolutionary Biology, and I have a higher education degree in which I am qualified to teach anything I have taken below a bachelors degree, I am also working on an associates degree in Asian Philosophy, which I am quite enjoying.

bcloalkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #96
Fojos
Lick
Jounin

Fojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hopeFojos is a paragon of hope

Quote:
If you choose a job with no demand, you might end up as a sales-clerk in a clothing store or something instead though, making your degree entirely useless.

Fojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #97
Stripes
wrong direction

Stripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is Rapturous

Quote:
Love this quote. So true as well since the job I want is something I'd probably do for free.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #98
HighLevelPlayer
Iustitia Falsa
Missing-nin

HighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is AscendantHighLevelPlayer is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcloalkee View Post
Well this is a question I get a few awkward looks at when I answer. Currently I have two masters degrees in Astrophysics and Quantum Mechanics, I have Bachelor Degrees in Genetics, Evolutionary Biology, and I have a higher education degree in which I am qualified to teach anything I have taken below a bachelors degree, I am also working on an associates degree in Asian Philosophy, which I am quite enjoying.
How old are you?

HighLevelPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #99
Nice Dynamite
The Gent
God of Shinobi

Nice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareilNice Dynamite est le sans pareil

BEng in Process Eng -> currently finishing up an HBEng in computer Eng.-> far near future a MBA

Nice Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #100
Desert Butterfly
★ くうき よめない ★

Desert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is AscendantDesert Butterfly is Ascendant

Just midway through a Master's Degree in Writing, Translation and Communication for the Media.

Desert Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote