• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Naruto Battledome > Konoha Colosseum

Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #21
Sferr
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jounin

Sferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faithSferr is a guardian of the faith

I definitely would like to participate.

Sferr is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 01-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
Cthulhu-versailles
The Luckiest Man in Agrabah
God of Shinobi

Cthulhu-versailles has disabled reputation

Sign me up for this one as well, even if sign up isn't right now.
I'll use a team of all the new-age fodder and wreck havoc and all those haughty ninja who thought only they were good enough to do S-Rank mission. Damn conceited Jounin are conceited. :veegtant

Cthulhu-versailles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #23
On and On

On and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is Ascendant

I'd like to try this out simply because my IBD match went unfinished, but realize, it'll have to be pretty exciting to get some attetion. the IBD died off rather quickly

On and On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #24
Suu
Salieri

Suu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is RapturousSuu is Rapturous

You had me at 'Marco'.

You already know I approve of this idea. I'd like to participate, if I have the time and opportunity to.

Suu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
Gigantor
Treats Objects Like Women, Man
Legendary Ninja

Gigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is Luminary

These things work better when they're small.

The 4-man team competition was a good example of that, in my opinion.

Gigantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #26
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

Marco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is Transcendent

I thought that was discontinued. And it's team build was sufficiently different to the standard one.

I was thinking that if this tournament is kept as similar to the standard tournaments (by using the regular team builds with minor alterations, having voters, etc), there's less chance of people losing interest. And the more the contestants, the more the voter activity IMO.

A smaller model could also work. We could have two three different quick "tournaments" anytime we want. Would be fun between tournaments.

Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #27
Baroxio
Unlimited Strategy Works
Legendary Ninja

Baroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is ElysianBaroxio is Elysian

OOOOH, the teams assinate people on the opposite team, not some randomn stranger. Thanks for clearing that up. That gets rid of a lot of problems.

But still, won't this just devolve into Sound 4 Barriers and Sound 4 Barrier counters and the like?

Baroxio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #28
Mist Puppet
NaNeNiNoNu

Mist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a tridentMist Puppet killed a man with a trident

The Sound 4 Barrier can easily be worked around.

Mist Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #29
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

Marco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is TranscendentMarco is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroxio View Post
OOOOH, the teams assinate people on the opposite team, not some randomn stranger. Thanks for clearing that up. That gets rid of a lot of problems.

But still, won't this just devolve into Sound 4 Barriers and Sound 4 Barrier counters and the like?
Shouldn't be that big a deal. Sound 4 barrier can be gotten across. If the enemy lacks any person who can get across the barrier, it's bad luck for them. They should've thought about it while making a team.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #30
Gigantor
Legendary Ninja

Gigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is LuminaryGigantor is Luminary

I still say 4-man team is the best way of doing this, if only because big teams render most interesting objectives pointless due to golden bullets.

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=477934

Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #31
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

Why was 4 man cell discontinued?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #32
Gigantor
Legendary Ninja

No idea.

Just fell apart suddenly.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #33
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

The 4 man cell doesn't give as much flexibility for taking on different missions. Especially since I'm trying to get more variance in the missions here.

What do others feel about the team build?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #34
alex payne
Faker
Jinchuuriki

alex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturousalex payne is Rapturous
Send a message via ICQ to alex payne Send a message via MSN to alex payne Send a message via Skype™ to alex payne

I think with 4-man cell most teams would be similar. Like Kakashi/Jiraiya in every team due to their flexibility and actual ninja-ish abilities. I could be wrong though.

alex payne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #35
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

Yeah, Alex has a point too.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #36
Gigantor
Legendary Ninja

You'll probably get something like Kakashi/Orochimaru/Jiraiya, Neji/Karin in most teams, anyway.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #37
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

Why do you want to restrict the people to a set number of characters?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #38
Gigantor
Legendary Ninja

I don't want to cap characters.

I just want teams of around 32/36 points each

Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #39
Marco
of the Rebellion
Jinchuuriki

But that would restrict flexibility, wouldn't it? And why stop people from using the high tier characters?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
On and On

On and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is AscendantOn and On is Ascendant

It makes things more interesting and strategic. I love 24point tourneys in the KC. The one Reznor hosted was garbage. The only person who beat me in the KC was Chainer -__-

I don't really care either way, but too be honest I would personally rather 112pts or whatever it was and be able to form a team of 76 for the match. I think that's more.. dynamic. IDK. It'd be fun dammit.

What's most important is the game types you're talking about. You should give us a rundown on the individual ones and how they'll work.

On and On is offline   Reply With Quote