• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Outskirts of Konoha > Outskirts Battledome > Meta-Battledome > Respect Dome

Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Estrecca
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jounin

Estrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is CelestialEstrecca is Celestial
Default Dresdenverse Respect Thread

Meh.

I kind of lost momentum a long time ago about finishing the Sith Lords thread, but since I am currently reading the Dresdenverse books and they are popular enough I wondered 'Why not?'.

Just a placeholder for now. Actual content should be posted soon.

Estrecca is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 12-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #2
Dante Alighieri
Dead Florentine Poet
Chuunin

Dante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truthDante Alighieri is an honorable bastion of truth

Ebenezar McCoy Feats

Brings a Russian satellite from space to annihilate a vampire stronghold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Masks, Chapter 33

I woke up to a ringing telephone the next day. "Hoss," Ebenezar said. "You should watch the news today." He hung up on me.

I went down to a nearby diner for breakfast, and asked the waitress to turn on the news. She did.

"… extraordinary event reminiscent of the science-fiction horror stories around the turn of the millennium, what appeared to be an asteroid fell from space and impacted just outside the village of Casaverde in Honduras."

The screen flickered to an aerial shot of an enormous, smoking hole in the ground, and a half-mile-wide circle of trees that had been blasted flat. Just past the circle of destruction stood a poor-looking village.

"However, information coming in from agencies around the world indicates that the so-called meteor was in actuality a deactivated Soviet communications satellite which decayed in orbit and fell to earth. No estimates of the number of deaths or injuries in this tragic freak accident have yet reached authorities, but it seems unlikely that anyone in the manor house could possibly have survived the impact."

I sat slowly back, pursing my lips. I decided that maybe I wasn't sorry Asteroid Dresden turned out to be an old Soviet satellite after all. And I made a mental note to myself never to get on Ebenezar's bad side.
Caused the explosion at Krakatoa, Tunguska, and the 1812 New Madrid earthquake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Rites, Chapter 35
"Casaverde wasn't the only necessary thing you did," I said. "Was it."

"Casaverde," Ebenezar said, his voice shaking. "Tunguska. New Madrid. Krakatoa. A dozen more. God help me, a dozen more at least."
Uses magnetism to disarm Kincaid of his gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Rites, Chapter 30
Kincaid was faster. One of the guns he'd had on him got to his hand so quick it might have been teleported there from under his coat. But even as he raised the gun toward the old wizard, there was a flash of emerald light from a plain steel ring on Ebenezar's right hand. I felt a low, harsh hum in the air and a surge of dizziness, and Kincaid's pistol ripped its way out of his fingers and shot away into the shadows of the parking garage.
Casually tosses a ectoplasmic monster a quarter mile away. Also smashes another monster and then casually binds Lara Raith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn Coat, Chapter 42
Ebenezar grunted a word, reached out a hand, and made a sharp, pulling motion. The grey man who had been clambering toward us was seized by an unseen force, ripped out of the tree, and sent sailing on an arc that would land it in Lake Michigan a quarter of a mile from the nearest shore.

Ebenezar stopped talking to make another swift gesture, spoke a word, and one of the approaching grey men was suddenly and literally pounded flat by an invisible anvil. Ectoplasmic ichor flew everywhere.

Ebenezar didn’t argue with her. He just snarled, made a fist, and lifted it up, and Lara let out a short, choking cry and rose up ten feet into the air, her arms and legs snapping down straight, locking her body into a rigid board.
Casually kills about 200 men with a wave of his staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes, Chapter 47
Ebenezar turned toward the walls from which the soldiers were firing. Hits thumped into his robes, but seemed to do little but stir the fabric and then fall at his feet. The old man said, mostly to himself, “You took the wrong contract, boys.”
Then he swept the Blackstaff from left to right, murmured a word, and ripped the life from a hundred men.

They just . . . died.

There was absolutely nothing to mark their deaths. No sign of pain. No struggle. No convulsion of muscles. No reaction at all. One moment they were firing wildly down at us—and the next, they simply—

Dropped.

Dead.

The old man turned to the other wall, and I saw two or three of the brighter soldiers throw their guns down and run. I don’t know if they made it, but the old man swept the Blackstaff through the air again, and the gunmen on that side of the field dropped dead where they
stood.

My godmother watched it happen, and bounced and clapped her hands some more, as delighted as a child at the circus.

I stared for a second, shocked. Ebenezar had just shattered the First Law of Magic: Thou shalt not kill. He had used magic to directly end the life of another human being—nearly two hundred times. I mean, yes, I had known what his office allowed him to do. . . . But there was a big difference between appreciating a fact and seeing that terrible truth in motion.

Dante Alighieri is offline   Reply With Quote