Ichigo is likely immune to Kyoka Suigetsu - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Bleach Avenue > Society Library
View Poll Results: Is Ichigo immune to Kyoka Suigetsu's hypnosis?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
bill1228
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Chuunin

bill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hope
Default Ichigo is likely immune to Kyoka Suigetsu

Gin says the only way to avoid hypnosis, is to touch the blade before Aizen activates it.
Shown here:
Spoiler:

Now we know that Ichigo has never seen Aizen's shikai before, so he is not under it's hypnosis yet. He has however, touched Aizen's blade.
Seen here:
Spoiler:

Gin never mentioned you had to touch the blade with your hand. Ichigo's abdomen made contact with the blade, giving him immunity.

So, do you agree or not? Vote and post your reasoning.

bill1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Zaru
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Advisor

Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!

You realize he has to keep touching it, right?

Zaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
bill1228
Chuunin

bill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hopebill1228 is a paragon of hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaru View Post
You realize he has to keep touching it, right?
Gin didn't mention you needed to continue touching the blade through the activation of hypnosis, only before it has activated. Although, this is why I put "likely" in the topic title. It may be further explained that you do have to maintain constant contact with the blade.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
bah21
Maniacal laughter is quite fun
Jounin

bah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestialbah21 is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1228 View Post
Gin didn't mention you needed to continue touching the blade through the activation of hypnosis, only before it has activated. Although, this is why I put "likely" in the topic title. It may be further explained that you do have to maintain constant contact with the blade.
I was actually wondering if Ichigo was permanently immune to it as well, though Gin's words weren't totally clear regarding just how long you're protected from it by touching the blade. Guess we'll (probably) find out pretty soon, but for now I'm going to go ahead and put my vote for Ichigo being immune.

bah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #5
Blinky
swagsa

Blinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is Eternal

Right I may be way off here .

I always thought Gin was doing the same thing Yamamoto did . By being contact with the blade you can feel his Reiatsu so you know he HAS TO BE THERE . And he only discovered that weakness when Yamamoto did it . That's how I've been looking at it but since no one else see's it that way there must be something wrong with my theory .

btw OP going by your theory everyone that has been sliced by Aizen is now immune to KS .

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
bill1228
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post

I always thought Gin was doing the same thing Yamamoto did . By being contact with the blade you can feel his Reiatsu so you know he HAS TO BE THERE . And he only discovered that weakness when Yamamoto did it . That's how I've been looking at it but since no one else see's it that way there must be something wrong with my theory .

btw OP going by your theory everyone that has been sliced by Aizen is now immune to KS .
To the bolded part, Gin said you must touch the blade before he activates it. Everyone in Soul Society, excluding Gin and Tousen, have seen him activate it. Meaning they are in it anytime Aizen chooses.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #7
Blinky
swagsa

Blinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is EternalBlinky is Eternal

Ah I see . Still I don't think he's immune . Oh and didn't he cut Renji too ?

Doesn't really matter if he is or not . Not like he can get Ichigo to stare at his sword in the middle of the fight .

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Reisorr
Sasuke is a good manga
Elite Teacher

Reisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faithReisorr is a guardian of the faith

For some reason I think Ichigo is immune to that because he's got a cool guy inside him that will break the genjuts.....kyoka suigetsu.... lolwut...

Reisorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Lacie
Pureblood
ANBU Recruit

Lacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is LuminaryLacie is Luminary

Quote:

That's what I thought too. I don't think you can achieve immunity from KS just by touching it before Shikai, it would be too easy.

Lacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Grimmjow
Is that so'

Grimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultraGrimmjow is the ne plus ultra

That's a good theory

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
zilvox
black hand of insanity
ANBU Captain

zilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faithzilvox is a guardian of the faith

Quote:

http://manga.animea.net/bleach-chapter-414-page-13.html

http://manga.animea.net/bleach-chapter-414-page-14.html

No, its a different flaw in the illusion, although somewhat similar to the one yama used. Gin discovered this a while ago as shown on these pages.

zilvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
Travis Touchdown
The Crownless King
Kage

Travis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is CelestialTravis Touchdown is Celestial

Quote:
Ah I see . Still I don't think he's immune . Oh and didn't he cut Renji too ?
He had already seen it, as all of Soul Society had seen it in the demonstration, which obviously Ichigo wasn't there for.

However I was thinking you need to remain in contact with the blade, not just a single touch. And I doubt Aizen would have been foolish enough to slash Ichigo (Whom he knew would be a threat in the future) when he had plenty of Kidou to use if one time contact truly was the weakness.

Travis Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
DoubleX31
Satellite Cannon
Jounin

DoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is CelestialDoubleX31 is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1228 View Post
Gin says the only way to avoid hypnosis, is to touch the blade before Aizen activates it.
Shown here:
Spoiler:

Now we know that Ichigo has never seen Aizen's shikai before, so he is not under it's hypnosis yet. He has however, touched Aizen's blade.
Seen here:
Spoiler:

Gin never mentioned you had to touch the blade with your hand. Ichigo's abdomen made contact with the blade, giving him immunity.

So, do you agree or not? Vote and post your reasoning.
http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...0-page-23.html

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...5-page-11.html

DoubleX31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #14
HugeGuy
ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ
Hokage

HugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareil

Hitsugaya was already under KS. How else would he have seen Aizen's fake corpse and not realize anything?

HugeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #15
Kyōraku
Banned

Kyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is CelestialKyōraku is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Kyōraku

Shinji, kyoraku, Soifon got sliced, therefore touching it. Are they immune?

Kyōraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #16
HugeGuy
ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ
Hokage

HugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 世界に痛みを View Post
Shinji, kyoraku, Soifon got sliced, therefore touching it. Are they immune?
No. Because Gin says you have to touch the blade before your were ever under KS.

Did everyone just forgot that line?

HugeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #17
THATsameGUY
ANBU Recruit

THATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant futureTHATsameGUY has a brilliant future

You are completely wrong. You have to be touching it and while you are touching it you are immune. As for ichigo it has said that he was immune to it becuase he never saw the release or the ceromony or whatever unahona said when Aizen was explaining it. So it was stated that ichigo is not under its illusions.

A while back though it was debated what Aizens actual release was. The only command we have heard him say was the shatter command. That seems to disengage it though. Some things are still unclear about his release and what has to actually be seen. But this is bleach and thinking too much is pointless. Ichigo is not under the illusions, i will just stop there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilvox View Post
http://manga.animea.net/bleach-chapter-414-page-13.html

http://manga.animea.net/bleach-chapter-414-page-14.html

No, its a different flaw in the illusion, although somewhat similar to the one yama used. Gin discovered this a while ago as shown on these pages.
Gin didnt discover. He was told.

THATsameGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #18
NinjaSassy
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ *smooch*
ANBU Squad Leader

NinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is CelestialNinjaSassy is Celestial
Send a message via Yahoo to NinjaSassy Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaSassy

NO X D

NinjaSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
titantron91
God Killer
Elite Jounin

titantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestialtitantron91 is Celestial

Ichigo touched KS blade last chapter. I believe he's immune to it now. Check the pages.

titantron91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #20
Kurosaki Ikki
Chuunin

Kurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant futureKurosaki Ikki has a brilliant future

You have to keep touching it. If not why would Gin even bother holding onto Aizen's sword before he attacked him? I mean do you really think that was the first time Gin touched Aizen's sword?

But since it's Kubo, it's best to throw logic out the window...Take Tousen's Bankai for instance. As long as the sword is touching your body you regain your senses...

I guess we'll find out in due time.

Kurosaki Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote