cant seem to get into One Peice - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > One Piece Avenue > One Piece Harbour
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
JaggerJax
Naruto Seer
Genin

JaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faithJaggerJax is a guardian of the faith
Default cant seem to get into One Peice

I hear good things about the anime/manga. I have read Naruto and Bleach, but out of the big 3, One piece seems too cartoony for my tastes. His stretch armstrong like powers and drawing style Kind of turn me off to it. Does it ever get more serious? Is there like a Part 2 or time when the drawing is less cartoony? Does anybody feel this way? I want to give it a shot but I think it might not be for me.

Your thoughts plz.

NarutoForums

Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
Lace
More Wine
ANBU Captain

Lace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is RapturousLace is Rapturous

I don't like One Piece either. Don't fret over it, we've all got different tastes

Old 10-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Impact

Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Impact broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

It may not be your cup of tea, like Anlaced said don't fret you can't like everything.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Red Hero
Red Regalia of Fire
Hokage

Red Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is RapturousRed Hero is Rapturous

Look at his Gears and see if you think that's cool.

Cause before that Luffy's fighting style was just boring to me since I thought for so many chapters he had no crazy powered up modes.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
Battousai
MangSlayer
Kage

Battousai has disabled reputation

The only reason you don't like OP is that you haven't read OP

Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
Imagine

Imagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sunImagine is invincible under the sun

Well you should actually try it irst. I suggest reading it since the anime goes down hill later.

And no, the cartoonish art style does not change. It's Oda's prefered art style.

It does get more serious as well. There's corrupt government officials, racism, slavery, king pins, ect.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Stripes
wrong direction

Stripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is RapturousStripes is Rapturous

The art style never seemed to bother me, in effect to say Bleach since Kubo was a rough artist from the get go but out of the big three One Piece in my opinion is the deepest (despite it being for a younger age group) and the art styles is very immaculate once you get to past past a few arcs.

I hear people complaining all the time that the comedy is what stops them from One Piece but at least it's not gag relay of the main character getting beaten by the main heroine. It keeps the story fluid for when those emotional pin points slap you in the balls.

But the length might turn you off too, 700+ chapters is a lot.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
Patrick
Contemplating

Patrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is AscendantPatrick is Ascendant

I was in the same situation as you when I started. I had just watched Naruto and Bleach and really enjoyed both, I heard that One Piece was even more popular and better than Naruto and Bleach so I tried the anime. First time I stopped at episode 2 and on my second try I couldn't get passed episode 5.

This was untill started reading manga instead of watching anime. I wanted to at least get to Arlong Park, since that is where most of the fans say it gets good and after still not liking it at first, I got hooked at Baratie and it has been my favorite manga ever since.

The cartoony style gets less and the story, characters and world building are amazing. It can grow on you, but it needs some time for most people.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
StrawHat4Life

StrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to StrawHat4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerJax View Post
Your thoughts plz.
Read Fairy Tail. It's more mature.

Closed Thread