Race Topic: Do blacks have a physical advantage? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The NF Café > Debate Corner

Old 01-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
tyheru
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Special Jounin

tyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hope
Default Race Topic: Do blacks have a physical advantage?

Blacks of West African decent have greater bone density, more lean muscle mass, more fast twitch muscle fibers, better eye sight, tougher skin, larger and stronger teeth, as well as more testosterone than whites. Does this make West African blacks physically superior to whites, hispanics or asians?

In the US, even though blacks make 12% of the population, they make 70% of all popular sports.

Even in places like Western Europe where the black population is relatively low, there are always a few black people who dominate in the more popular sports. They don't dominate by numbers, since there are not a lot of black people. But in England for example, even though blacks ara less than 3% of the population, 15% of them dominate in sports like soccer and rugby.

Oh and a little info on fast-twitch muscle fibers:

The study of biochemistry can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of muscular physiology and athletic performance. The fast twitch muscles rely mostly on glycogen and are better for sprints, jumping, or power-lifting. So a point guard who wins a slam dunk contest will have fast-twitch muscle. But such muscles are not built for endurance. So a point guard who can outsprint everyone in a basketball game will most likely not be able to finish the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon, the Leadville 100 miles run, or a speed ascent against Asian sherpas up Mt. Everest with an 80 lb backpack. Sprinters have explosive speed but not endurance.

By contrast, long-distance runners, triathletes, and Himalayan mountain climbers have slow twitch muscles that rely more on mitochondria rather than glycogen. The cells are more efficient for extremely long durations albeit at a slower pace. So the guy who won the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon most likely can't even dunk a ball or win a sprint at an SEC event. But he will win the marathon after the long swim and bike ride. I don't think a sprinter can even get to the finish line in the allotted time limit (~17 hours). They will just burn out.

In summary, slow twitch fibers are better for endurance but not sprints. Fast twitch fibers are great for explosive speed at short distances and durations. So Percy Harvin will play great in SEC football games. Golden Tate will outsprint many defenders in the Big 10 or Big East. But they most likely can't finish the Leadville 100 miles run in Colorado at an elevation above 10,000 feet. I doubt that they can even get to the 30 mile mark. Endurance events require different muscles that sprinters don't have. The converse is true as well.

So a young Carl Lewis can outrun a young Frank Shorter in 100 meters but not 26.2 miles.

Now I don't want this to turn into a thread about racism. I believe it's possible to discuss such issues without hate and mal-intent. Do you think we can do it?

tyheru is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Zaru
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Advisor

Zaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissorsZaru saved the planet with a pair of scissors

Most likely yes

What now?

Zaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
tyheru
Special Jounin

tyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hopetyheru is a paragon of hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaru View Post
Most likely yes

What now?
Time to start betting on every black athlete I see.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Mr Serenity
Examiner

Mr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to Mr Serenity

Here is something I was told by a professor of a SoCal University. The reason why a lot of current black Americans are bigger than most other races and used in sports so much, is because they descended from slaves. Because of all the physical labor and stress that they had to endure, primarily the bigger ones survived.

It is not my personal theory, but it makes sense to me. If you look at the actual native Africans compared to the black males of the U.S. I think you will overall see a difference in physique.

Mr Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
Lord Yu
NECRO SEX MACHINE
#narutofan crew > you

Lord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cuteLord Yu is pretty cute

I can't see shit!

Lord Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
tyheru
Special Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Serenity View Post
Here is something I was told by a professor of a SoCal University. The reason why a lot of current black Americans are bigger than most other races and used in sports so much, is because they descended from slaves. Because of all the physical labor and stress that they had to endure, primarily the bigger ones survived.

It is not my personal theory, but it makes sense to me. If you look at the actual native Africans compared to the black males of the U.S. I think you will overall see a difference in physique.
I disagree here. Part of the reasons Africans were used as slaves were because they were so strong. Africans have always had the reputation of being strong and athletically fit. Of course most of that has to do with the harsh environment in which they grow up in.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
Mr Serenity
Examiner

Mr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is LuminaryMr Serenity is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyheru View Post
I disagree here. Part of the reasons Africans were used as slaves were because they were so strong. Africans have always had the reputation of being strong and athletically fit. Of course most of that has to do with the harsh environment in which they grow up in.
White people can be strong and athletic too, but I don't remember seeing them reported as slaves throughout American history. If it makes a difference the professor that told me that theory was black himself.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Red
Keep Cool, Carry On.

Red is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is DivineRed is Divine

OP: You remind me of Diadem. Are you his dupe?

Quote:
Blacks of West African decent have greater bone density, more lean muscle mass, more fast twitch muscle fibers, better eye sight, tougher skin, larger and stronger teeth, as well as more testosterone than whites. Does this make West African blacks physically superior to whites, hispanics or asians?
Black of West African descent here. WHAT.

Are you saying Jesus hates me and my entire family and while other blacks of west African Descent were getting 200000/20 god mode vision I was stuck with astigmatism and near sightedness?

EVERYONE in my family and extended family wears glasses. EVERYONE. At family reunions you'd mistake it for a negro glasses convention.

I can see where this thread is headed. Some ass hat down the line will claim "Hey since Blacks are inherently stronger then whites are inherently smarter" then a long winded debate on nurture vs nature and then some long ass posts about IQ with copy pasted shit from wiki and other places.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
Mr Serenity
Examiner

Quote:
Also can you find me a native African that looks like this.

Spoiler:

Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
vivEnergy
Luckyme:)
Elite Teacher

vivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truthvivEnergy is an honorable bastion of truth

Quote:
25 Aug 08 36 facts about the olympic medal count.

In honor of the 36 gold medals won by the United States at the 2008 Summer Olympics, Fourth-Place Medal presents 36 interesting facts about the overall medal count:

1) China won the most gold medals at the Beijing Games with 51. They become the first country to crack the 50-gold mark since the Soviet Union in 1988. The most golds ever won in a single Olympics is 83 (United States, 1984).

2) It's the first time since 1936 that a country other than the United States or the Soviet Union has led the medal count.

3) China won more golds in Beijing (51) than they did total medals in Atlanta (50).

4) 'Project 119' was a Chinese initiative designed toward winning golds in the medal-rich sports of swimming, track, rowing, kayaking and sailing. Reports are already crediting Project 119 with China's dominance in the gold medal count, but Chinese athletes won just four golds in those sports. Their total was instead augmented by even better performances in Chinese-dominated events like diving, gymnastics and table tennis.

5) The United States won the same amount of golds (36) that they did in Athens, continuing a remarkable consistency that the nation has exhibited over the past half-century. American Olympic gold totals since 1952: 40, 32, 34, 36, 45, 33, 34, 83, 36, 37, 44, 38, 36 and 36. (The outlier of 83 was from the boycotted 1984 Los Angeles Olympics.)

6) The overall medal count was won by the United States for the fourth consecutive Olympics. The U.S. earned 110 medals, compared to China's 100.

7) Per capita, China won one gold medal for every 25 million people in the country. The United States' per capita rate was one gold for every 8.5 million. The tiny island nation of Jamaica, which won a staggering six golds in Beijing, had a per capita rate of one gold for every 450,000 residents. Had China won at that rate, the country would have earned 2,889 golds.

8) Greece won 16 medals as the host country in 2004. Four years later, the founders of the Olympics managed just four -- their lowest total since 1992.

9) African countries won a total of 40 medals, the highest total in history for the continent.

10) Six countries won their first ever Olympic medals: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Mauritius, Sudan, Tajikistan and Togo.

11) Great Britain won 47 medals, the most in their history and a 17-medal increase from Athens. Expect an even higher total in 2012, when the Games will be held in London for the first time in 68 years. The last time Great Britain competed in a Summer Olympics on its home turf, they earned a disappointing three golds.

12) India has 17% of the world's population. They won 0.31% of Olympic medals.

13) China: 19.8% of population, 10.4% of medals.

14) United States: 4.6% of population, 11.5% medals.

15) Jamaica: 0.041% of population, 1.15% medals.

16) Iceland was the least populous country to win an Olympic medal.

17) Pakistan was the most populous country not to win an Olympic medal (164 million residents, sixth-largest nation in the world).

18) Michael Phelps would have finished tied for 9th in the gold medal count, ahead of countries including France, Netherlands, Spain, Canada, Argentina, Switzerland, Brazil and Mexico.

19) The rest of the world won seven golds in men's swimming events. Phelps, of course, won eight.

20) The United States won the most golds (7) and most total medals in the track competition (23), despite having what was widely considered a disappointing meet

21) More proof that boxing is dead in the United States: the country earned just one medal (a bronze) in the 12 boxing events. Even after three straight disappointing boxing performances at the Summer Games, the U.S. has still won the most Olympic boxing medals (109) in history.

22) China won 8 out of 12 possible medals in table tennis and 7 of 8 possible golds in diving.

23) Great Britain won 7 of 10 golds in track cycling and won 12 medals overall. The rest of the world earned 18 medals in the sport.

24) National gold-medal sweeps: Basketball (USA), Beach Volleyball (USA), Rhythmic Gymnastics (RUS), Synchronized Swimming (RUS), Table Tennis (CHN) and Trampoline (CHN).

25) Sweden had the best medal tally (4 silver, 1 bronze) without winning a gold.

26) Armenia won 6 bronze medals, but no gold or silver ones.

27) Speaking of former Soviet states, members of the former Soviet Union won a total of 173 medals in Beijing.

28) In 1992, Cuba finished 5th in the gold medal count. In 2008, the nation finished 28th.

29) From 1980 to 2008, Jamaica won three Olympic golds. In a span of six days in Beijing, Usain Bolt won three.

30) Sweden was a fixture in the top-three of the overall medal count for the early part of the 20th century. In Beijing, the Scandinavian country finished 38th and was shut-out in golds for just the second time in history.

31) Panama and Mongolia won the first gold medals in their respective histories.

32) China won 27 gold medals in judged sports.

33) The United States won 4 gold medals in judged sports.

34) China's "real" medal tally was 24/17/14/55.

35) The "real" medal tally for the United States: 32/31/27/80.

36) In all, 958 medals were handed out to athletes from 87 countries, the most medals and medal receipients in Olympic history.

Even though money and geopolitical factors must certainly drive the medal count down for Africa I can't say black people have a physical advantage.

vivEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
MF NaruSimpson
In memory of Trayvon

MF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to MF NaruSimpson

Quote:
The study of biochemistry can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of muscular physiology and athletic performance. The fast twitch muscles rely mostly on glycogen and are better for sprints, jumping, or power-lifting. So a point guard who wins a slam dunk contest will have fast-twitch muscle. But such muscles are not built for endurance. So a point guard who can outsprint everyone in a basketball game will most likely not be able to finish the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon, the Leadville 100 miles run, or a speed ascent against Asian sherpas up Mt. Everest with an 80 lb backpack. Sprinters have explosive speed but not endurance.

By contrast, long-distance runners, triathletes, and Himalayan mountain climbers have slow twitch muscles that rely more on mitochondria rather than glycogen. The cells are more efficient for extremely long durations albeit at a slower pace. So the guy who won the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon most likely can't even dunk a ball or win a sprint at an SEC event. But he will win the marathon after the long swim and bike ride. I don't think a sprinter can even get to the finish line in the allotted time limit (~17 hours). They will just burn out.
i disagree with this part, and the reason is looking at kenyan long distance runners. If you measure their speed compared to sprinters, the speed is very similar. And on a 100 m basis, 100 m runners run similarly fast to 200m, 400m, 800m, 10000m , etc runners.

How does that jive?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Serenity View Post
Also can you find me a native African that looks like this.

Spoiler:
disagree again. Africans are increasingly breaking into american sports. Football and basketball have more and more athletes from africa, playing at the most physically challenging positions. So shaq is big but he's not the only big guy out there.

MF NaruSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
Trias
For in the sleep of death...

Trias has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Trias

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivEnergy View Post
Even though money and geopolitical factors must certainly drive the medal count down for Africa I can't say black people have a physical advantage.
Wrong analogy; you're forgetting that a great deal of US athletes are also black. And NONE of the african countries can give enough support for their athletes like US, USSR or China, or European countries.

Anyway, I think they're slightly better physically in certain sports, like running and athletics (you can't see many black swimmers tho. Bone density, yeah) That may have something to do with the fact that people did not have mounts in Africa and had to run long distances, and a long tribal age demanded most population had to be warriors and hunters.

Also; even though I don't believe in such a thing, I'm sure a person honestly asking if Whites are more intelligent than Blacks based on IQ researchs, would be flamed to hell for being a racist. Hmm.

Trias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
MF NaruSimpson
In memory of Trayvon

MF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareilMF NaruSimpson est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to MF NaruSimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trias View Post
Also; even though I don't believe in such a thing, I'm sure a person honestly asking if Whites are more intelligent than Blacks based on IQ researchs, would be flamed to hell for being a racist. Hmm.
musta happened in this forum like a milllion times. I'm 95% sure it will happen again in this thread

MF NaruSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
HolyHands
Let me touch you
Elite Teacher

HolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is AscendantHolyHands is Ascendant

It's a bit too early at this point to really say whether there's an IQ difference between whites and blacks, but the possibility is certainly out there considering that living in different environments guarantees that evolution will impact animals differently (humans are still just animals after all). Humans haven't separated long enough to become different species, but we have separated enough that there are clear genetic differences between races.

It also doesn't help that blacks were more or less bred and sought out for their strength during the days of slavery, so the idea of them being stronger on average seems to make sense. Still, it's a very touchy subject after all, and I can understand why people are reluctant to go into it.

HolyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
DJ Ezio
The Legendary Battousai
ANBU Recruit

DJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hopeDJ Ezio is a paragon of hope

Not every black person has a "physical" advantage. I know some that are extremely skinny and small.

DJ Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
Mider T
[Potassium intensifies]

Mider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowMider T is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
OP: You remind me of Diadem. Are you his dupe?

Black of West African descent here. WHAT.

Are you saying Jesus hates me and my entire family and while other blacks of west African Descent were getting 200000/20 god mode vision I was stuck with astigmatism and near sightedness?

EVERYONE in my family and extended family wears glasses. EVERYONE. At family reunions you'd mistake it for a negro glasses convention.

I can see where this thread is headed. Some ass hat down the line will claim "Hey since Blacks are inherently stronger then whites are inherently smarter" then a long winded debate on nurture vs nature and then some long ass posts about IQ with copy pasted shit from wiki and other places.
Probably because of TV or computer, or just plain old age. OP isn't talking about Africans anyway, he's talking about African descendants in the Americas.

Mider T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Enclave
Mr. Flibble's very cross
God of Shinobi

Enclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is RapturousEnclave is Rapturous

In general they do to a degree. It's obviously not super pronounced though.

The reason is pretty logical. Selective breeding during slavery.

You'll note though that as time goes on, that advantage will disappear. Hell, it's already starting to disappear.

There's nothing racist about saying this, it's just science. Also, the blacks aren't the only ones who have been subject to selective breeding in the past, their selective breeding just went on longer than other instances of it.

But yeah, each generation will become more and more normalised with other racial groups since no longer are the blacks subjected to selective breeding.

Also, regarding the Africans in Africa itself. That's largely due to living conditions. Look at the Natives in Canada, they also are generally physically superior to other racial groups, that's not due to selective breeding but rather environmental factors.

You'll see similar examples in the aboriginals in Australia and also natives in South America. That's nature instead of genetics and if you were raised in that environment you also would have those physical advantages.

Enclave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #18
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

Another reason to wish I was black. As if a bigger penis and not being a pale goblin wasn't enough.

CrazyMoronX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
lazer
God is my judge
Jounin

lazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faithlazer is a guardian of the faith

Further proof that equality is a fairy tail.

lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Adonis
Logical Positivist Nazi
Jinchuuriki

Adonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is RapturousAdonis is Rapturous

Back when basketball was dominated by Jews, weren't there similar "scientific theories" about how the Jew's keen, sneaky mind facillitated their performance in the sport?

In other words, regardless of the science or lack thereof, the speculation is merely a pretense for innuendo. The last thing I need is some bucktoothed, inbred hick trying to convince me, "Hey, now, blacks is good at sports and whites is good at thinking!" Fuck you.

Adonis is offline   Reply With Quote