Gilgamesh(FSN) vs Jack Rakan(Negima) - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > Outskirts Battledome Archive > Manga/Anime Battledome

Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
~Greed~
Salieri

~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil
Default Gilgamesh(FSN) vs Jack Rakan(Negima)

Scenario 1- Speed equal

Scenario 2- Speed not equalized

CIS and PIS are off and both are bloodlusted.

How does this go? Both of them use tons of different weapons, so I thought this would be a interesting match.

Last edited by ~Greed~; 08-02-2009 at 10:06 PM.
NarutoForums

Old 08-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
~Avant~
Adam of Darkness
Hokage

~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to ~Avant~

This should be a good match actually.

*waits for Xellos

Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Xelloss
Mazoku Priest
Sammich

Xelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is Rapturous

I dont want to bring my opinion here, I like both characters, and while Gil armor have take multiple building busters, I dont think Gil alone its a match for Rakan.

Rankan energy rays if are magical, can be cancel by the mirror on the gate, still endurance and speed favor Rakan.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
~Greed~
Salieri

~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil~Greed~ est le sans pareil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
I dont want to bring my opinion here, I like both characters, and while Gil armor have take multiple building busters, I dont think Gil alone its a match for Rakan.

Rankan energy rays if are magical, can be cancel by the mirror on the gate, still endurance and speed favor Rakan.
What if I made speed equal? Would that make it a better match?

Ill make 2 scenarios then, one with speed equal and the and the other with it not equalized.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Tranquil Fury
Unlimited Fruit Basket
Final Villain

Tranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is Divine

I'm not a Negima reader but can Rakan counter Gae Bolg/Gungnir/Brionac?. Just asking, I'm not taking any sides.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
~Avant~
Adam of Darkness
Hokage

~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant~Avant~ is Ascendant

I'm sure he can tank them

Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Crimson King
Makai Knight
Hokage

Crimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is Rapturous
Send a message via MSN to Crimson King

1. Gilgamesh Ea s the planet.

2. "Do you have enough swords, King of Heroes?"

Old 08-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
Crimson King
Makai Knight
Hokage

Crimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is RapturousCrimson King is Rapturous
Send a message via MSN to Crimson King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Avant~ View Post
I'm sure he can tank them
Can he survive having his heart destroyed?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
JTExecutor
Leader of Lunar Defense Corps
ANBU Squad Leader

JTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hope

You did not turn off CIS, so Rakan takes this handily. Because of Gilgamesh's silly pride, many opponents several times weaker do well against him.

Rakan is mountain busting level, faster than lightning reaction, has many weapons to counteract a lot of Gate of Babylon's cannon fodder phantasms, and he won't die no matter how much you throw at him. We haven't even seen what he's truly capable of, but it's much higher than we've seen thus far.

Unless Gilgamesh goes all out, I don't see him taking Rakan. Otherwise, I think an early Enuma Elish could take out even Rakan (though I don't discount the possibility that it can't as Negima keeps getting drastically more and more ridiculous).

Old 08-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
~Greed~
Salieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Can he survive having his heart destroyed?

He survived the titan slayer going through his chest and out his back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTExecutor View Post
You did not turn off CIS, so Rakan takes this handily. Because of Gilgamesh's silly pride, many opponents several times weaker do well against him.

Rakan is mountain busting level, faster than lightning reaction, has many weapons to counteract a lot of Gate of Babylon's cannon fodder phantasms, and he won't die no matter how much you throw at him. We haven't even seen what he's truly capable of, but it's much higher than we've seen thus far.

Unless Gilgamesh goes all out, I don't see him taking Rakan. Otherwise, I think an early Enuma Elish could take out even Rakan (though I don't discount the possibility that it can't as Negima keeps getting drastically more and more ridiculous).
Aren't CIS and PIS off unless stated otherwise? Ill add that to the OP anyways.

Last edited by ~Greed~; 08-02-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
skiboydoggy
DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN
Hokage

skiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy Send a message via MSN to skiboydoggy

CIS on, PIS off.

The King of Heroes doesn't have enough swords.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #12
~Greed~
Salieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
CIS on, PIS off.
You mean thats the way it is unless otherwise stated? I thought both were off...

Quote:
The King of Heroes doesn't have enough swords.
QFT

Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
~Avant~
Adam of Darkness
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
1. Gilgamesh Ea s the planet.

2. "Do you have enough swords, King of Heroes?"
Care to prove its not hyperbole??

Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #14
Gekigangar
Defender of Justice
Special Jounin

Gekigangar has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Fury View Post
I'm not a Negima reader but can Rakan counter Gae Bolg/Gungnir/Brionac?. Just asking, I'm not taking any sides.
Gilgamesh can't use the special abilities of those weapons.

All he can do is just shoot them like missiles out of the Gate of Babylon to do damage.

Thus the reason why he was named as an Archer Class.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #15
Tranquil Fury
Unlimited Fruit Basket
Final Villain

Tranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is Divine

What are you talking about? He does use Gae Bolg in the UBW route. His weapons all have special properties. Gilgamesh can use and throw them even both at once. This is horribly wrong. He even has a plane with nukes and a potion of youth. He can also manipulate swords to form barriers around him and has a Shield that counters magic.

He also used an ice sword and an invisible sword along with the Harpe sickle.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #16
Xelloss
Mazoku Priest
Sammich

Xelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is RapturousXelloss is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekigangar View Post
Gilgamesh can't use the special abilities of those weapons.

All he can do is just shoot them like missiles out of the Gate of Babylon to do damage.

Thus the reason why he was named as an Archer Class.
A few points I am gonna address, even if a NP of the gate its destroyed, it would return to the gate, so "not enough swords" its a lie.

Gilgamesh can use every single weapon inside the gate if he please, normally he doesn't bother, in the games and in the anime he took out 4 or 5 weapons and use them and their special properties, he just don't bother.

EA has never actually be used on the game or the anime at his max output.

Edit to tranquility: its a mirror actually not a shield, that negates magic. He also have a necklace that tell him all powers, abilities and weakness of his oponnents, while this is not mention on the games, its on the fate/side material, this is why he knows about tracing, and all that stuff.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
JTExecutor
Leader of Lunar Defense Corps
ANBU Squad Leader

JTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hopeJTExecutor is a paragon of hope

Well, here's to hoping the sixth grail war has the guy finally trying against a worthy opponent! But until then, he CIS lost to Saber, Shiro, and Dark Sakura, all of whom Rakan outcombats.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #18
skiboydoggy
DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN
Hokage

skiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysianskiboydoggy is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTExecutor View Post
Well, here's to hoping the sixth grail war has the guy finally trying against a worthy opponent! But until then, he CIS lost to Saber, Shiro, and Dark Sakura, all of whom Rakan outcombats.
Saber legitimately won with Avalon, which is the only tech more hax than Enuma Elish. Shiro was to CIS, and Dark Sakura was stupid and Heaven's Feel. It's like Nasu was trying to write this tragic love story and completely forgot he had such a magnificent bastard for a character hanging around, then just wrote a silly little intermission to get things over with.

Dark Gilgamesh would have been the most dangerous and stupid thing ever.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
Tranquil Fury
Unlimited Fruit Basket
Final Villain

No, he would have gotten blind and deaf just like Berserker. Gil lost to Saber because he wasted time charging EA and not using GOB. He lost to Shirou because he did'nt get serious against a human and UBW was the natural enemy of GOB("I can sense it, I am the natural enemy of this servant").

Sakura was more legit than Saber, he underestimated her regen by alot.

Last edited by Tranquil Fury; 08-03-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
skiboydoggy
DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Fury View Post
No, he would have gotten blind and deaf just like Berserker, apparantly Divine beings being tainted weakens them.
Blind and deaf Gilgamesh with infinite prana. He could just fucking nuke everyone or shoot GoB in every direction. It would have been deadly, but really stupid.

Quote:
Gil lost to Saber because he wasted time charging EA and not using GOB. He lost to Shirou because he did'nt get serious and UBW was the natural enemy of GOB("I can sense it, I am the natural enemy of this servant")
Avalon would have done the same thing to Gate of Babylon, that is, rape it to hell. Not to mention Saber at her best, even with Shirou powering her, would never be touched by Gate of Babylon with her Instinct and Luck. Ea was the one weapon that Saber could normally do nothing against, then Avalon.

Losing to Shirou was just a rock-papers-scissors deal. Unlimited Blade Works stomps the hell out of Gate of Babylon, since it downloads skills and stats as well, on top of every weapon already being instantly available. It wasn't really PIS or CIS if we discount the fact that Gilgamesh wasn't wearing his armour and not nuking right off the bat. (Which would have been utterly inefficient considering what kind of power level Shirou had.)

Quote:
Sakura was more legit than Saber, he underestimated her regen by alot.
He casually murdered the hell out of Dark Sakura with hundreds of weapons, many of which should negate regeneration. Getting eaten and dying without being able to retaliate was retarded, even discounting the fact that no enemy should have regenerated quickly enough to start fighting again that quickly. Not even Arcueid could pull it off, and she can revive from getting her lines cut.