PC Final Fantasy XIV - Page 3 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Arcade > Game Shelf

Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
Sh1mata
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Genin

Sh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkandspoon View Post
It's a mmo , it should be kept far away from consoles IMO , would be a much better game if it was going to be PC exclusive.
FF 11 was cross platform, i think that made a good game great. I had plenty of friends that bought the ps2 version and i had it on PC, so we could all play together.

as far as i know its going to be out for ps3 and PC. The beta is PC only at the time being. i signed up a while ago and havent heard anything new yet though. it was stated that selection is not based on who signed up first.

when the game comes out ill be buying it on ps3 since i dont want to pay for a new graphics card.

Sh1mata is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #42
blackbird
Sky-high
Missing-nin

blackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendentblackbird is Transcendent

Quote:
Of course I wish they took it a step further and made it for Mac (...) too. Building a decent gaming PC can be expensive enough
but getting a Mac with the same specs would cost about twice as much, no?

Quote:
but having to invest that $100-$200 in windows 7 or risk pirating it.
Oh you.

I'm somewhat excited. In my book, FFIX is the second-best MMO out there, though I admit I hope Square has learned a lot from Western MMOs for this new installment. What I've seen so far has basically been FFXI in HD. Hopefully the real changes lie in game mechanics.

blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #43
Flow
I ain't getting moved

Flow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultraFlow is the ne plus ultra

And damn those taru.

Always trying to make them selves look cute with there /emotes.

Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #44
Amanomurakumo
Capsule
Elite Jounin

Amanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is LuminaryAmanomurakumo is Luminary

The downside to making a MMO on console is that eventually the MMO will outlast the hardware. There were plenty of changes and upgrades that SE could not do because the PS2 was holding the game back. At least, that was their excuse for quite alot of things that they weren't able to implement.

The PS3 at least is extremely powerful and honestly should be more than enough for MMO to last a long time and still be able to be updated without risk of hardware limitations.

Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #45
forkandspoon
The only things that never end
Jinchuuriki

forkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhra View Post
but getting a Mac with the same specs would cost about twice as much, no?
lol not a mac owner huh?

I mean yeah you could go buy a shitty dell laptop for half the price of a MBP and I have done that for my office and at home and its really just doesn't compare to owning this.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

and for the desktop variety and you want dual screens you can't go wrong with

http://www.apple.com/macmini/design.html

and let me play WoW at like 30+ fps and surf/listen/watch on my 2nd monitor. go ahead and buy a $300 desktop and pray to get the same performance. Bought my mini base line, bought a new hd and ram from a third party, opening that mini was really fun.

I cant speak for these two products and they are a little over priced imo but boy are they pretty.
http://www.apple.com/macpro/
http://www.apple.com/imac/

after saying all that I am posting from a windows machine I built because I am doing some higher end gaming.

forkandspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #46
ragnara

ragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestialragnara is Celestial
Send a message via AIM to ragnara Send a message via Yahoo to ragnara

It doesn't look nearly as awesome as Final Fantasy XI but being such a big fan I'm probably going to give it a chance.

ragnara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #47
Spencer_Gator
Pain is a god.
Kage

Spencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faithSpencer_Gator is a guardian of the faith

14 looks good. But I would rather get versus 13 honestly, I'll prob get both though lol

Spencer_Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
Velocity
Super Moderator

Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Velocity broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

So I hear the beta starts March 11th. Woo!

Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #49
forkandspoon
The only things that never end
Jinchuuriki

forkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendantforkandspoon is Ascendant

Sigh no invite to the first round of beta for me.

forkandspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #50
Frostman
G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)
Hokage

Frostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is AscendantFrostman is Ascendant

I'll be getting it. I played FFXI for almost two years. Im gonna try to get it at launch too, get a monopoly on the game.

Frostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #51
Continuity

Continuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is AscendantContinuity is Ascendant

Oh hell yeah.

Played FFXI off and on for years.

Continuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #52
Metaphor
pretty much amazing

Metaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is ElysianMetaphor is Elysian

never played ffxi so i'm hoping to try this one, but i'm interested in kotor, too

Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #53
Wicked
Banned
Legendary Ninja

Wicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < You

This game would be great if it wasn't for the monthly fees which is the only downside for me.

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #54
Sh1mata
Genin

Sh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant futureSh1mata has a brilliant future

For the scale of a game like this, gone are the days of single purchases...

i played ff11 for like 2 years, $12 a month wasnt bad.

the amount of money to keep dev teams this big to support games with new content is pretty high. its like the difference of a tv show and a movie. a movie has a huge team hired for a year or so, movie gets made, then after that the job is done and bye bye, next movie. TV shows get hired, and keep working till the show is canceled.

Sh1mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #55
setoshi
hard to digest

setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!setoshi broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via Skype™ to setoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears View Post
This game would be great if it wasn't for the monthly fees which is the only downside for me.
Get a job, problem solved.

I'm gonna be a archer in this game

"SETOSHI DOES SIDEWINDER, THE MAMOOL FAG TAKES 1337 points of DMG"

setoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #56
Jeefus
the forgotten
Jounin

Jeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is Celestial

Loved FFXI, but it seemed to take sssoooo long to do anything. I know they've made changes, but I am still hesitant that it's not enough.

Jeefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #57
Wicked
Banned
Legendary Ninja

Wicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < YouWicked < You

Quote:
Originally Posted by setoshi View Post
Get a job, problem solved.

I'm gonna be a archer in this game

"SETOSHI DOES SIDEWINDER, THE MAMOOL FAG TAKES 1337 points of DMG"
That's not the problem though.. i feel like paying those monthly fees they didn't add enough content.. factor in how many servers and people paying up for it..

Monk > Archer

You don't know about them Asuran Fists .

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #58
Jeefus
the forgotten
Jounin

Jeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is CelestialJeefus is Celestial

Monk was main in FFXI...anything squishy...boost up and hundred fist it to death by muh self while pally friend did all the tanking

I haven't seen much about the game, but I wonder how it will be more original then the previous such as easier crafting etc.

Jeefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:18 AM   #59
Ryu
Barbapapa
Salieri

Ryu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is AscendantRyu is Ascendant

So who else had an awesome time in the Alfa yesterday? :D talk about graphics

Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #60
Goova
/

Goova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is RapturousGoova is Rapturous

will the ps3 version have online fee's? probably, just signed up for both pc and ps3 beta, hope i get in

Goova is offline   Reply With Quote