Pokemon Heart Gold and Pokemon Soul Silver Discussion Thread - Page 292 - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives
View Poll Results: Which Starter will you choose?
Cyndaquil 259 47.96%
Chikorita 63 11.67%
Totodile 171 31.67%
Undecided 47 8.70%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #5821
*Kiri Amane
✯Kill the Lights✯
S-Class Missing-nin

*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to *Kiri Amane

Oh, okays then

@Golbez: I haven't played Platinum in a while. I've been playing my old Gold

NarutoForums

Old 01-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #5822
Sen

Sen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultra

omg that new game thing where you explore all the regions sounds so cool Sounds like one of the longest games so far too

I'd probably go through the same ways as Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-kun View Post
I know. :argh. Well, Gamefreak does do their development work from Japan, and Pokemon was Nintendo's idea, so of course they are ahead of us. :<

Yep, and you can transfer them to your HG/SS file. :iria
I guess, but why does it take so long? Harry Potter was all translated for half the world days after it was released almost, they could do that with Pokemon games you'd think :<

How do you catch them that way though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiri Amane View Post
What do you do to get plates? I am so lost I'm multi-tasking and failing
I think in the underground

Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #5823
Newton
F

Newton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareilNewton est le sans pareil

That game with all four regions, what is it?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #5824
Death-kun

Death-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Yes, that would be right.

I recently got back from the event. Are the genders and natures set, or can the stats only be changed by soft-resetting?

And I'm not a competitive battler, i play solely for fun. don't really care about EVs or IVs.
I've been searching, and haven't found anything.

I actually do not know. I want to say the gender is set, but not the nature and the IVs and stuff. You can soft-reset I believe to change the IVs and nature.

I think it's fun, but oh well. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
I guess, but why does it take so long? Harry Potter was all translated for half the world days after it was released almost, they could do that with Pokemon games you'd think :<

How do you catch them that way though?
Regionalizing a videogame takes more time than one would think. It's actually quite a long process to go through the game again, translate it all, fix all the little bugs and tweak a lot of things, etc. That, and the fact that they want to release it near the start of Q2, which is April 1st. Also, Spring-ish is always when we've seemed to have gotten the games ourselves. Platinum was released in March, and I think D/P were as well. They've definitely got their hands full over there.

I'm not exactly sure myself. But the Pokemon you put into the Pokewalker can get into a battle with a Pokewalker Pokemon, and you can somehow capture it and transfer it.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #5825
Sen

Sen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultraSen is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susano View Post
That game with all four regions, what is it?
I think no one knows just yet, but a new one coming out on the Wii?

Quote:
Regionalizing a videogame takes more time than one would think. It's actually quite a long process to go through the game again, translate it all, fix all the little bugs and tweak a lot of things, etc. That, and the fact that they want to release it near the start of Q2, which is April 1st. Also, Spring-ish is always when we've seemed to have gotten the games ourselves. Platinum was released in March, and I think D/P were as well. They've definitely got their hands full over there.

I'm not exactly sure myself. But the Pokemon you put into the Pokewalker can get into a battle with a Pokewalker Pokemon, and you can somehow capture it and transfer it.
I see, I suppose so, I don't know much about those things work really I figured they'd just switch the language and things and it couldn't be too bad ;__; What is Q2? Yeah that's true, I remember last year it was around this time that one of the games came out, I think Diamond/Pearl before xmas or around that, not sure anymore though. And yeah

Do you actually battle yourself or does that happen while you are walking around?

Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #5826
*Kiri Amane
✯Kill the Lights✯
S-Class Missing-nin

*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial*Kiri Amane is Celestial

Everythings so confusing I suppose I'll just wait and figure it out then.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #5827
.:Jason:.
A Woman's Protector~
ANBU Recruit

.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith.:Jason:. is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
I've been searching, and haven't found anything.

I actually do not know. I want to say the gender is set, but not the nature and the IVs and stuff. You can soft-reset I believe to change the IVs and nature.

I think it's fun, but oh well. To each their own.
Were you searching for all three or just Hikari/Dawn and Haruka/May? If looking for all three fails, just try Hikari/Dawn and Haruka/May?

So far I keep getting the same Nature and Gender, but the stats change. Ah well.

Yep.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #5828
Black Wraith
The Chosen One
Hokage

Black Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareilBlack Wraith est le sans pareil

In The Games Department

Pokémon Sunday Revelation

Pokémon Sunday has just finished airing in Japan and in the preview for next weeks episode, it shows Junichi Masuda revealling something. This corresponds with his blog post yesterday saying he'll be on to reveal about the new games. The episode of Pokémon Sunday is to feature the cast trying to work out whom the key character in the upcoming movie is. It is unknown if the reveal is for that or for the brand new games announced yesterday. We'll bring more on this as it comes

Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #5829
2Shea
Touché

2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spirit View Post
In The Games Department

Pokémon Sunday Revelation

Pokémon Sunday has just finished airing in Japan and in the preview for next weeks episode, it shows Junichi Masuda revealling something. This corresponds with his blog post yesterday saying he'll be on to reveal about the new games. The episode of Pokémon Sunday is to feature the cast trying to work out whom the key character in the upcoming movie is. It is unknown if the reveal is for that or for the brand new games announced yesterday. We'll bring more on this as it comes

Yeah, for some reason people thought the announcement was today, when it's actually next sunday. So we have one more week to find out

Also a new generation isn't going to be on the Wii. Gamefreak has said time and and time again that a main series game will never be on a non-portable console.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #5830
Sen

Quote:
Everythings so confusing I suppose I'll just wait and figure it out then.
Or if you just read online, there are plenty of sites that help, it just takes forever to read them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Shea View Post
Yeah, for some reason people thought the announcement was today, when it's actually next sunday. So we have one more week to find out

Also a new generation isn't going to be on the Wii. Gamefreak has said time and and time again that a main series game will never be on a non-portable console.
I see, in the tl;dr someone posted about the new thing, it mentioned a Wii I thought But that's kind of nice too that they continue to use gameboy.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #5831
Death-kun

Death-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fearDeath-kun still makes Uchiha run in fear

Quote:
I see, I suppose so, I don't know much about those things work really I figured they'd just switch the language and things and it couldn't be too bad ;__; What is Q2? Yeah that's true, I remember last year it was around this time that one of the games came out, I think Diamond/Pearl before xmas or around that, not sure anymore though. And yeah

Do you actually battle yourself or does that happen while you are walking around?
Yeah, I used to think it was really easy too, but some posts on GameFAQs convinced me otherwise, as they outlined every little thing the translators and Nintendo of America/Nintendo of Europe has to do to put the games into their respective languages and versions. Q2 means the second quarter of the year... I believe? I know it has something to do with marketing and whatnot, not exactly sure. But saying it's being released near Q2 just means that it has something to do with marketing advantages. But oh well, all we can do is wait I guess. And it's so close too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Were you searching for all three or just Hikari/Dawn and Haruka/May? If looking for all three fails, just try Hikari/Dawn and Haruka/May?

So far I keep getting the same Nature and Gender, but the stats change. Ah well.

Yep.
I tried a bunch of different combos, though you can only only use the Japanese letters in the search bar to get the best results, so that's what I was doing. I didn't get anything. :<

Well, my Pichu ended up having a Jolly nature. Can't remember the gender though.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #5832
*Kiri Amane
✯Kill the Lights✯
S-Class Missing-nin

I'm not sure if I can get my car out of my driveway, so I haven't obtained a Pikachu colored Pichu yet

Old 01-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #5833
2Shea
Touché

2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant2Shea is Ascendant

Quote:
I see, in the tl;dr someone posted about the new thing, it mentioned a Wii I thought But that's kind of nice too that they continue to use gameboy.
Yeah that was a fan thing though lol, which they failed to clarify until another post. Nothing official

Quote:
I'm not sure if I can get my car out of my driveway, so I haven't obtained a Pikachu colored Pichu yet
Don't worry, I haven't gotten mine either. We still have quite a while, so no rush lol.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #5834
Ema Skye
Doesn't want a Custom Title

Location: A dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream
Ema Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is Transcendent

I got my PcP a couple hours ago

Old 01-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #5835
Kek
Gears That Don't Mesh

Kek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is Transcendent

Awesomeee.

I might get mine tomorrow since I have no school, provided the roads are cleared enough.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #5836
Death-kun

Time to spam this everywhere.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #5837
Ema Skye
Doesn't want a Custom Title

Location: A dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream
Ema Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is TranscendentEma Skye is Transcendent

Quote:

Where the hell did you get that?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #5838
Drunkenwhale
Starlit Artist
Legendary Ninja

Drunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is TranscendentDrunkenwhale is Transcendent

Quote:

Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #5839
Death-kun

I can't remember.

But I believe this actual scene happened in one of the Pokemon shorts (the ones that always happen before the actual Pokemon movie starts).

Just look at Drunkenwhale's above post.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #5840
Kek
Gears That Don't Mesh

Kek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is TranscendentKek is Transcendent

Is that supposed to be from the Pokemon Movie 2000 Pikachu Special?

Iedit: Yup.