• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Health & Lifestyle Department
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #41
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Cirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is Ascendant

I rode my bike today for about half an hour. It felt good to get out and do it, but I probably could have pushed myself a little harder on it to get more of a workout.

NarutoForums

Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
Mar Azul
¡Que Bien!
Elite Jounin

Mar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is CelestialMar Azul is Celestial

I walk/jog for 45 minutes to an hour every day. I love it!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #43
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Bryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Paulsen Send a message via MSN to Bryan Paulsen Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan Paulsen

Wednesday:
Deadlift: 265x3, 305x3, 345x5
High Pullthroughs: 200x15x15x15x15
Hanging Leg Raises: BWx16x9x7

Energy was low in comparison to Monday, still did more reps than I needed to with 345 (only had to do 3).

Pullthroughs made me feel like all the blood in my body concentrated in my lower back.

Hanging Leg Raises were done hanging from a pull-up bar, bringing feet over my head on each rep. Every set was done to failure.

Good workout. Could've been worse with how it felt entering the gym.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #44
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Cirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jiraiya View Post
Wednesday:
Deadlift: 265x3, 305x3, 345x5
High Pullthroughs: 200x15x15x15x15
Hanging Leg Raises: BWx16x9x7

Energy was low in comparison to Monday, still did more reps than I needed to with 345 (only had to do 3).

Pullthroughs made me feel like all the blood in my body concentrated in my lower back.

Hanging Leg Raises were done hanging from a pull-up bar, bringing feet over my head on each rep. Every set was done to failure.

Good workout. Could've been worse with how it felt entering the gym.
I understand why you are working so hard at the gym. Though I keep asking myself one question and I figure you will be able to answer it. Why work the muscles to the point of exhaustion? Will the benifits it gives be more then if you do just a certain numbe of reps?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #45
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Bryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is AscendantBryan Paulsen is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Paulsen Send a message via MSN to Bryan Paulsen Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan Paulsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirus View Post
I understand why you are working so hard at the gym. Though I keep asking myself one question and I figure you will be able to answer it. Why work the muscles to the point of exhaustion? Will the benifits it gives be more then if you do just a certain numbe of reps?
The only muscle I really exhausted tonight was abs since the sets were to failure. I normally don't do anything to failure, but these are a special case since after tonight, and the time I do them next week, it's the last time I'll be doing them for a long time.

I usually leave a little in the tank on most movements for safety and CNS fatigue reasons. If I wanted I could've done another set, maybe two, on High Pullthroughs, and if I had to, I could've deadlifted 345 for 8 reps.

But then I'd feel like shit, be unable to wake up tomorrow, and would be so fatigued that my next workout would see me not getting the numbers I need to. With the years of experience I have, I have an intuitive feel for how much I should push myself, hence the amount of work I end up doing each workout.

The only time I really go balls out is towards the end of a loading wave if I'm feeling really good. So next week, if there's a day I feel great, then I may really push my limits. That way, when I feel like hot garbage the next day, a deload is coming up right around the corner (in a deload the workouts are backed way off in intensity).

Other than that, I just do the numbers/percentages I'm supposed to, a rep or two more if I feel it's not a big deal, and do a little bit more than last time on other things. If I don't feel I can progress on a movement, I change it out for something else that works the same set of muscles.

Powerlifting is a marathon, not a sprint...at least when it comes to the process of building numbers up.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #46
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jiraiya View Post
The only muscle I really exhausted tonight was abs since the sets were to failure. I normally don't do anything to failure, but these are a special case since after tonight, and the time I do them next week, it's the last time I'll be doing them for a long time.

I usually leave a little in the tank on most movements for safety and CNS fatigue reasons. If I wanted I could've done another set, maybe two, on High Pullthroughs, and if I had to, I could've deadlifted 345 for 8 reps.

But then I'd feel like shit, be unable to wake up tomorrow, and would be so fatigued that my next workout would see me not getting the numbers I need to. With the years of experience I have, I have an intuitive feel for how much I should push myself, hence the amount of work I end up doing each workout.

The only time I really go balls out is towards the end of a loading wave if I'm feeling really good. So next week, if there's a day I feel great, then I may really push my limits. That way, when I feel like hot garbage the next day, a deload is coming up right around the corner (in a deload the workouts are backed way off in intensity).

Other than that, I just do the numbers/percentages I'm supposed to, a rep or two more if I feel it's not a big deal, and do a little bit more than last time on other things. If I don't feel I can progress on a movement, I change it out for something else that works the same set of muscles.

Powerlifting is a marathon, not a sprint...at least when it comes to the process of building numbers up.
Good explination. That seems cool and all. It has alot of good information. I know here in a week I am going to have to increase my own workouts for the next couple of months to get ready for my annual physical fitness assesment.

Though I hope that you are able to get back to what you are trying to get to and nothing goes wrong.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #47
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Friday:
Military Press: 165x3, 185x3, 205x4
DB Incline Bench: 100x5x5x5x5x5
Neutral-Grip Pullups: BWx6x5x4x4x4

Energy was better than Wednesday night, and that's always something to be thankful for.

I was satisfied with all of the lifts, but most happy with the improvement in pullups, something I've always been horrible at due to some instability in my left shoulder girdle during the movement. It gets better as I strengthen the surrounding muscles though, which means it is a problem that can be remedied to some extent. Next week I had better push Military Press/DB Incline as hard as I can, because they're getting replaced afterwards.

I look forward to squatting tomorrow.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #48
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Saturday:
Squat: 235x3, 265x3, 295x5
Hack Squat: 3P+25x7x7x7x7
Cable Incline Crunches: 120x20x20x20

Energy was fantastic. A nice follow-up to yesterday. Hopefully I don't see a "down" workout all of next week.

Squatting was easy, the bar continues to feel light on my back.

Hack Squat was 3 45 lbs. plates on each side, with another 25 lbs. plate on each side. All reps on the first two movements were done with full range of motion, no stopping at parallel.

Abs were easy.

Great workout. Next week will be fun.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #49
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Today I took a hour break at work (because I am allowed an hour to go to the gym) and ran a mile and a half just to release some stress. I did it in about 12 to 13 min. Though hopefully in the future I will be able to improve upon that time.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #50
Dream Brother
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jinchuuriki

Dream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareilDream Brother est le sans pareil

I just use my rowing machine at the moment, combined with a bit of light shadow-boxing beforehand to get warmed up. I try to add a minute to my overall time each day.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #51
Tiocfaidh ár lá
distant .
ANBU Squad Leader

Tiocfaidh ár lá has disabled reputation

I need to start running again

Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #52
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

I didn't do anything today. Or yesterday, actually.

But Saturday was a great workout. I got everything done. Here's my scorecard for whomever is keeping track:

Lat Pulldowns: 150x5 160x5 170x5 180x5 190x5
DB Bench: 65x5 70x5 75x5 80x5 85x5
Leg Press: 225x5 315x5 385x5 395x5 405x5

Tomorrow I'll go for 200, 90, and 425 perhaps.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #53
Pacha Batofar

Pacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is ElysianPacha Batofar is Elysian

None whatsoever.

I spent most of the day parked before a computer screen, doing accounting shit on quick books. I'm usually good when it comes to exercise though, since I go gyming with friends and the classes are fun.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #54
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoronX View Post
I didn't do anything today. Or yesterday, actually.

But Saturday was a great workout. I got everything done. Here's my scorecard for whomever is keeping track:

Lat Pulldowns: 150x5 160x5 170x5 180x5 190x5
DB Bench: 65x5 70x5 75x5 80x5 85x5
Leg Press: 225x5 315x5 385x5 395x5 405x5

Tomorrow I'll go for 200, 90, and 425 perhaps.
Good job on all of them. I can tell from the weights the range of motion on the movements is good, too.

I know when someone is bullshitting on Leg Press, when they try to claim 8-10 plates on each side, and the rest of the numbers they're lifting don't match up. It doesn't take much to figure out the people moving the weight 2".

Keep up the hard work!

I have some lifting later tonight, I think it'll be pretty good.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #55
CrazyMoronX
Old Man

CrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is EternalCrazyMoronX is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to CrazyMoronX

I'm progressing pretty quickly on leg press, actually. I factored the sled in at 45 pounds, although it looks like it could be more. I'm fairly certain I go down far enough to contstitute a clean rep; although I admit I cheated a little on the last few--the old hands on the knees trick.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #56
Shiranui
Nullius in verba
Hokage

Shiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is Elysian

I've already gone for a short run, so here is what I have planned for later tonight in terms of weight-lifting and excercises:

- 3 sets of bicep curls [40 lbs]: 10-12 reps
- 3 sets of triceps: "A small handle with rope attached to it that connects to a 10 pound weight. Curl the handle so that the rope wraps around in, drawing the weight upwards, then slowly curl down" 5-7 reps
- 100 crunches: 2 sets of 50 spread out
- 60 pushups: 2 sets of 30 spread out
- 3 sets of Push Presses [40 lbs]: 10-12 reps
- 25 squats
- 25 jump squats

Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #57
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoronX View Post
I'm progressing pretty quickly on leg press, actually. I factored the sled in at 45 pounds, although it looks like it could be more. I'm fairly certain I go down far enough to contstitute a clean rep; although I admit I cheated a little on the last few--the old hands on the knees trick.
Yeah, gotta keep hands off the knees.

I keep my hands behind me (grabbing the back of the seat) the entire time, it keeps me pulled down, and into the sled.

I just count the plates on each side. In the near future I'll have leg pressing (3 weeks from now), it probably won't be anything major weight-wise (6P/side probably). You're not that far off from me.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #58
Bryan Paulsen
Fitness Q and A
Missing-nin

Monday:
BB Flat Bench: 215x5, 245x3, 275x4
Dips: BW+90x5x5x5x5x5
BB Rows: 245x5x5x5x5x5
Shoulder Horn: 25x20x20

Body-Weight: 204

First two reps were very easy on Bench, third was so-so, and I should have stopped there. Left rotator cuff was kind of tweaked on the fourth rep, hence why I shouldn't have tried it.

Dips/Rows/Shoulder Horn were easy enough.

Body-weight was taken first thing in the morning, naked, after using the restroom.

Very good workout besides the rotator cuff. With a deload coming up soon it'll be fine.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #59
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Today after a good 14 hours of sleep I got out and just ran. I ran because I felt like I needed to. I don't know why, but for some reason it felt better then the other times I have exercised before. I don't remember the distance that I ran, but I know it was for at least 45 minutes.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #60
Pimp of Pimps
But prostitute to all

Pimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareilPimp of Pimps est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Pimp of Pimps

Today, I just stretched, jogged and hit the punching bag practicing each move around a hundred times each. Jabs, Crosses, hooks, roundhouse, side kicks etc

Monday I worked on strengthening my upper body, but as I have no membership to a gym atm I have to get creative.

Closed Thread