• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Naruto Translations

Old 07-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #321
ShounenSuki
Ruler of Penguins
Elite Jounin

ShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Habañero View Post
It's me again!

I know Konan's name means "little south", but why? What does this have to do with her as a character?
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there was a famous kunoichi (or line of kunoichi) called Kanbe no Konan (神戸小南) from the Iga School of ninjutsu. Her surname literally means 'door of god', so that would make a nice link. There was another famous Iga ninja called Fujihabashi Nagato-no-Kami(藤林長門守). Here 'kami' is a title unrelated to any gods, but it's pronounced the same as 'god' in Japanese, which means it could be read as 'the god Nagato'.

ShounenSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #322
Faustus
Immortal
S-Class Missing-nin

Faustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMenace View Post
^The Raikage literally said "raikage wo nameruna" which means "don't underestimate the raikage".
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryRei View Post
Don't underestimate the Raikage!!!

Spoiler:

In Japanese: 雷影をなめるな!!!
Transcribed: Raikage o nameruna!!!

If you want to get REALLY literal:
Raikage //particle:を //underestimate-negative tense (i.e., do not underestimate)

Was that literal enough?
Yeah, perfectly literal

Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #323
Sera
red habañero

Sera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is ElysianSera is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShounenSuki View Post
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe there was a famous kunoichi (or line of kunoichi) called Kanbe no Konan (神戸小南) from the Iga School of ninjutsu. Her surname literally means 'door of god', so that would make a nice link. There was another famous Iga ninja called Fujihabashi Nagato-no-Kami(藤林長門守). Here 'kami' is a title unrelated to any gods, but it's pronounced the same as 'god' in Japanese, which means it could be read as 'the god Nagato'.
That's really cool! Thanks!

Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #324
ashher
tch
ANBU Squad Leader

ashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminary

Is it true that its been stated that EMS grants a new jutsu? I'm sorry that i can't provide the relevant chapter right now, cause i myself am not sure. Its probably a misconception about itachi talking about the last great secret. I'll try to find out, meanwhile any help would be very very much appreciated.

ashher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #325
GoDMasteR
Special Jounin

GoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is LuminaryGoDMasteR is Luminary

Hi! I've a little doubt about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokage. Here is a page of chap 118. What say exactly that anbu about the two hokages?

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4840/naruto14013.jpg

GoDMasteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #326
Puppetry
Taking a Break

Puppetry has disabled reputation

Uchiha Madara:

Main text

The man who stole his little brother's sharingan and would spend all his time in battle. That is the judgment the world passed upon Madara. Not one soul would understand everything he did was out of concern for his clan's future. In the middle of anger and despair, Madara bared his fangs towards Konoha. What did Madara do after his defeat at Hashirama's hand?... That is unknown to all.

Caption

In his eyes is hosted the genuine sharingan. They shall become the disaster that brings enmity and ruin to Konoha.

Picture comments

- Madara extended his power, in order to pursue his conflicts with the shinobi he admired, Senju Hashirama.

- With his Mangekyou Sharingan, he reigned at the top, and directed his efforts towards the protection of his clan.

- His name erased from history, Madara dons a mask and starts to move as Tobi.

This is the databook entry for Madara. It states that he "stole" his brother's eyes, but I've heard elsewhere that this is a mistranslation. For what it's worth, I provided a picture of what I think is Madara's databook entry. Could someone please translate the part concerning his brother's eyes? Thanks in advance.

Puppetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #327
vered
yellow fu-uma
Final Villain

vered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturousvered is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisui View Post
長かった夜も開ける。。。こいつらの眼もそろそろなじむ頃だな
The end of a long night...I should be accustomed to these guys' eyes pretty soon

人柱力を使った新たなペイン六道
A new Six Paths of Pain using Jinchuuriki

オレ好みに少し変えてるがな。。。
Altered a bit to suit my tastes, of course

(The "altered" part would be the addition of the sharingan, I'm guessing)
Quote:
Madara says:
"Dawn breaks even on this long night… I should be about used to these guys' eyes as well… A new Six Paths of Pain using the jinchūriki… I altered them a little to my taste, though…"
「長かった夜も明ける…こいつらの眼もそろそろなじむ頃だな…人柱力を使った新たなペイン六道…オレ好みに 少し変えてるがな…」
"Nagakatta yoru mo akeru… Koitsura no me mo sorosoro najimu koro da na… Jinchūriki o tsukatta aratana Pein Rikudō… Ore gonomi ni sukoshi kaeteru ga na…"

The ending blurb says:
"The jinchūriki have been equipped with the Sharingan and Rinnegan…!! The curtains are drawn to the second day of the war!!! "
「人柱力に装着した写輪眼と輪廻眼…!!戦争2日目が幕を開ける!!!」
"Jinchūriki ni sōchaku shita Sharingan to Rinnegan…!! Sensō nikame ga maku o akeru!!!"
both your translations imply a completly different meaning from the first trans we had with the spoilers and scans.However these 2 trans make much more sense.they explain that madara was refering to himself as the controler who needs to get used to the new eyes of the new pains that are in his control and it fits with the rinnegan multiply sight abbility.
ofcourse it dosent explain how he managed to give them the eyes without using the rods like Nagato.but im sure it will be solved in the manga eventually.

vered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #328
ShounenSuki
Ruler of Penguins
Elite Jounin

ShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is AscendantShounenSuki is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashher View Post
Is it true that its been stated that EMS grants a new jutsu? I'm sorry that i can't provide the relevant chapter right now, cause i myself am not sure. Its probably a misconception about itachi talking about the last great secret. I'll try to find out, meanwhile any help would be very very much appreciated.
It's a bit unclear. Itachi does say a new dōjutsu was born when Madara took his brother's eyes, but it could refer to both an actual technique or the eternal Mangekyō Sharingan itself. Personally I would go for the latter, as since then, there has been no references to it whatsoever.

Here's the translation of that scene:

"An eternal Mangekyō Sharingan! While finding a new host, his brothers eyes also obtained eternal light… And that wasn't the only change. In those eyes, a new, characteristic dōjutsu was born as well."

「永遠の万華鏡写輪眼!弟の眼は新しい宿主を得るごとで永遠の光を手に入れたという…そしてそればかりか変 化を起こした。特有の新しい瞳術がその眼に生まれたのだ。」

"Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan! Otōto no me wa atarashii yadonushi o eru goto de eien no hikari o te ni ireta to iu… Soshite sore bakarika henka o okoshita. Tokuyū no atarashii dōjutsu ga sono me ni umareta no da."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDMasteR View Post
Hi! I've a little doubt about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokage. Here is a page of chap 118. What say exactly that anbu about the two hokages?

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4840/naruto14013.jpg
"Shodai-sama! Nidaime-sama!!"
"…Eh!!?"
"That's right! The one with the black hair is the Shodai… The one with the white hair the Nidaime… They are the hokage-sama who, together, were hailed as the strongest shinobi and built up the Konoha of today…!"

「初代様!二代目様!!」
「…え!!?」
「そうだ!黒髪の方が初代…白髪の方が二代目…ともに最高の忍と歌われ今の木ノ葉を築き上げた火影様だ…! 」

"Shodai-sama! Nidaime-sama!"
"…E!!?"
"Sō da! Kurokami no hō ga Shodai… Hakuhatsu no hō ga Nidaime… Tomo ni saikō no shinobi to utaware ima no Konoha o kizuki ageta hokage-sama da…!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetry View Post
Uchiha Madara:

Main text

The man who stole his little brother's sharingan and would spend all his time in battle. That is the judgment the world passed upon Madara. Not one soul would understand everything he did was out of concern for his clan's future. In the middle of anger and despair, Madara bared his fangs towards Konoha. What did Madara do after his defeat at Hashirama's hand?... That is unknown to all.

Caption

In his eyes is hosted the genuine sharingan. They shall become the disaster that brings enmity and ruin to Konoha.

Picture comments

- Madara extended his power, in order to pursue his conflicts with the shinobi he admired, Senju Hashirama.

- With his Mangekyou Sharingan, he reigned at the top, and directed his efforts towards the protection of his clan.

- His name erased from history, Madara dons a mask and starts to move as Tobi.

This is the databook entry for Madara. It states that he "stole" his brother's eyes, but I've heard elsewhere that this is a mistranslation. For what it's worth, I provided a picture of what I think is Madara's databook entry. Could someone please translate the part concerning his brother's eyes? Thanks in advance.
The verb used is 奪う (ubai), which generally refers to taking away something without the other's permission. 'Stole' is a good translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vered View Post
both your translations imply a completly different meaning from the first trans we had with the spoilers and scans.However these 2 trans make much more sense.they explain that madara was refering to himself as the controler who needs to get used to the new eyes of the new pains that are in his control and it fits with the rinnegan multiply sight abbility.
ofcourse it dosent explain how he managed to give them the eyes without using the rods like Nagato.but im sure it will be solved in the manga eventually.
I've checked over my translation multiple times and I stand by it. I do believe it's a correct translation.

Last edited by ShounenSuki; 07-11-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Missed that post ><
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #329
takL
unfit 4
Kage

takL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is Eternal

jfyi, Eh, a kami when written as 守(guard) and not 神(god) justb means an official. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokushi_(official)

takL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #330
ashher
tch
ANBU Squad Leader

ashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminaryashher is Luminary

Thanks a lot shounensuki...it was chapter 386, for anybody else who might look for the same answer.

ashher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #331
Faustus
Immortal
S-Class Missing-nin

Faustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is AscendantFaustus is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashher View Post
Thanks a lot shounensuki...it was chapter 386, for anybody else who might look for the same answer.
It was discussed multiple times, nobody can say for sure if it is jutsu or EMS itself

Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #332
Shisui
is dead
Missing-nin

Shisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by vered View Post
Like Shounensuki said, there's really no other way to read the lines. I think it was just translators rushing to put out a scan. It happens.

Shisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #333
takL
unfit 4
Kage

takL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is EternaltakL is Eternal

From a native jp speakers pov,
「…こいつらの眼もそろそろなじむ頃だな…」
=It's about time their eyes got accustumed (with the new bodies)
the predicate is なじむ(to get used to) and the subject is 目(the eyes) in there.

takL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #334
shintebukuro
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jinchuuriki

shintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturous

Here's a question:

In a recent chapter, we got introduced to a Kumogakure Jiton user named "Toroi."

How good are the chances that the author was trying to say "Troy" in Katakana, versus a Japanese "Toroi" written in katakana arbitrarily?

shintebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #335
ShounenSuki
Ruler of Penguins
Elite Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shintebukuro View Post
Here's a question:

In a recent chapter, we got introduced to a Kumogakure Jiton user named "Toroi."

How good are the chances that the author was trying to say "Troy" in Katakana, versus a Japanese "Toroi" written in katakana arbitrarily?
Very low. The names of the Kumogakure characters generally follow one of two themes: letters of the (English) alphabet and Japanese adjectives. Toroi fits the latter theme, as it's a Japanese adjective meaning slow (physically and/or mentally).

Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #336
shintebukuro
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jinchuuriki

shintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturousshintebukuro is Rapturous

Quote:
Very low. The names of the Kumogakure characters generally follow one of two themes: letters of the (English) alphabet and Japanese adjectives. Toroi fits the latter theme, as it's a Japanese adjective meaning slow (physically and/or mentally).
Of course, he's a damn Kumogakure ninja. I didn't think of that. Thank you.

shintebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #337
Googleplex
Banned

Googleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is CelestialGoogleplex is Celestial

In chapter 545, what does Madara say about Nagato? HissouBuraiKen's translation says Nagato could manipulate the simple people around him whilst everyone else seem to say Nagato was too easily influenced.
I was going to side with the majority, but then I noticed Naruto says that Madara shouldn't compare Nagato to himself as Nagato was nothing like Madara.
Now this is where I'm stumped: if the majority is right, it makes no sense if Naruto, angrily, says Madara isn't like Nagato -- easily influenced.
However contextually HissouBuraiKen's translation seems to make sense, contextually which confuses me further as before he translated it as Nagato was easily influenced too.

Here are the scans
The raw for Madara's text doesn't seem to change which is partly why I'm confused:

Page in question; just the Madara part:

If you want to compare:
Page from way back I:

Page from way back II:

Googleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:32 AM   #338
Gottheim
Realm of the Gods
Examiner

Gottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is AscendantGottheim is Ascendant

I'm gonna side with everyone else on this: Madara says Nagato was easily influenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madara
人をコントロールするには心の闇を利用するテクニックが必要だ
Hito wo control suru ni ha kokoro no yami wo riyou suru technique ga hitsuyou da.

Controlling others requires one to be adept at taking advantage of the darkness inside their hearts.

長門はたまたま人に感化されやすい子だったがな
Nagato ha tamatama hito no kankasare yasui ko datta ga na.

Although Nagato turned out to be unexpectedly easy to reform/redeem.
The word 感化 (kanka) translates as "influence", but can also mean "to correct", "to reform", or "to redeem".
==================
A possible explanation for Naruto's answer is that Tobi also mentioned how controlling someone requires one to manipulate the darkness in their hearts.
Presumably Naruto meant that deep down, Nagato was still pure whereas Madara is rotten to the core. Therefore, it made sense for Nagato to be easily converted back to the good guys' side.
Hmmm...
Which incidentally reminds me that the same has been said of Sasuke: Itachi called him a "blank canvas". By that reasoning, Sasuke's eventual redemption is only a matter of time, and should happen as soon as it is dramatically appropriate.

Gottheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #339
Shisui
is dead
Missing-nin

Shisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is CelestialShisui is Celestial

映画に感化されやすい (Easily influenced by movies)
友達に感化されやすい (Easily influenced by friends)
人に感化されやすい (Easily influenced by people)

In Madara's words, Nagato was "人に感化されやすい子" - "a kid who was easily influenced by people."

I'm with Gottheim's interpretation. If you read it in the context of the previous panel you can see the implication better:

Quote:
サスケも長門のように心変わりさせてやるでも?
Do you really think you're gonna change Sasuke's mind like you did with Nagato?

それこそ勝手な言い分だぞ。。。ナルト
You're the one who's talking self-servingly, Naruto.

人をコントロ-ルするには心の闇を利用するテクニックが必要だ
Controlling people requires the technique to take advantage of the darkness in their hearts. [i.e., I could control Nagato because he had darkness in his heart]

長門はたまたま人に感化されやすい子だったがな
Nagato just happened to be easily influenced by people. [And that's the only reason why you changed his mind]

Shisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #340
Zerocartoo
Rookie

Zerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of lightZerocartoo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, here's a question about "lightning & doton users". Chapter 548:
Spoiler:

Zerocartoo is offline   Reply With Quote