How long does it take you to run a mile (1.6 KM) - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Health & Lifestyle Department
View Poll Results: Rougly how long?
3 - 5 Minutes 7 9.72%
5 - 7 Minutes 30 41.67%
7 - 9 Minutes 16 22.22%
9 - 12 Minutes 9 12.50%
12 - 15 Minutes 6 8.33%
15 Onwards 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
WT

WT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareilWT est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to WT
Default How long does it take you to run a mile (1.6 KM)

I basically want a population sample of this area, eventually calculating the average. Then I am going to calculate an average for a different population sample (specifically targeted at healthy people).

After this, I want to compare that average to my time. I want to see where I stand. So want to know how much more work I need to do before I can call myself "good".

I also want to know the general fitness of the people on these forums.

Thanks.

As for myself, it takes me roughly 7 minutes (got a loooooong way to go).

Last edited by WT; 04-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 04-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Smoke
▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Smoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fearSmoke still makes Uchiha run in fear
Send a message via MSN to Smoke

1-3 minutes.

I've never done a mile when not in my car

7-9 min

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
KFC
Kentucky Fried Children

KFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is AscendantKFC is Ascendant
Send a message via Skype™ to KFC

The last time I was...timed, I got 8:06. But that was 7 years ago...so I don't know about now.

KFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Super Mike
Resist.

Super Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is EternalSuper Mike is Eternal

5-7 mins.

Super Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
bloodstains
the town fag
Academy Teacher

bloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faithbloodstains is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via MSN to bloodstains

6:10 but i never really too hard

bloodstains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Tiocfaidh ár lá
distant .
ANBU Squad Leader

Tiocfaidh ár lá has disabled reputation

4:44 (yes I'm a runner) .

A mediocre college runner at that

Tiocfaidh ár lá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Zaru
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Advisor

Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!Zaru defended the universe by killing his fellow spirals, and halting his own evolution. Do you possess sheer fortitude on par with that?! DO YOU?!

No idea, we silly europeans run round metric numbers.

Zaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
fed.
Academy Student

fed. has disabled reputation

dunno

if i feel like going at an adequate speed, i could prolly do 7-9 but i'm more likely to do 9-12

fed. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Cirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is Ascendant

When I get serious on running I can do a mile in under 7 min, but when I just jog it takes me about 8 to 9 min.

Cirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
Cardboard Tube Knight
#Juke4Jesus

Cardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultra

Why the fuck would I be running a mile? Is something chasing me?

Cardboard Tube Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Cirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Tube Knight View Post
Why the fuck would I be running a mile? Is something chasing me?
It doesn't matter about that. It is a general health question about running.

If you don't run that is fine, but you need to answer the question.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
Cardboard Tube Knight
#Juke4Jesus

Cardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultraCardboard Tube Knight is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirus View Post
It doesn't matter about that. It is a general health question about running.

If you don't run that is fine, but you need to answer the question.

You really want to be mod, don't you?

It would probably take me a long time to run a mile, not like 15 minutes or anything, but probably somewhere between 8-10 minutes.

Cirus are you trolling me? because that would be super.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Tube Knight View Post
It would probably take me a long time to run a mile, not like 15 minutes or anything, but probably somewhere between 8-10 minutes.

Cirus are you trolling me? because that would be super.
Well that is good you can do a mile run. Not many people can actually run a mile before stopping. The time that you are quoting is fairly average.

No I am not trolling you. Though if I was then I would make it a little more obvious.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
Psallo a Cappella
Basic bitch, get out my face.
Legendary Ninja

Psallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is Rapturous

Average: About 6:30.

Psallo a Cappella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
UtahCrip
Utah, we go hard

UtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is AscendantUtahCrip is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to UtahCrip

depends on who chasing me. fast if it's the police, faster if it's their K-9s

UtahCrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Cardboard Tube Knight
#Juke4Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahCrip View Post
depends on who chasing me. fast if it's the police, faster if it's their K-9s

She this is what I was thinking...of course if there's fences to jump or yu're carrying something you stole it gets harder.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
Munsu's Light
Being Evil is the Answer
Examiner

Munsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faithMunsu's Light is a guardian of the faith

When I was in high school I did like 12 minutes on a 3,2 km(2 miles) run...And I know that during the second part of this 3 km run, I pretty much stopped 2 or 3 times.....
So for a 1 mile run, I think I did around around 5-6 minutes

Munsu's Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pulchritudinous View Post
Average: About 6:30.
For that time frame I presume you practice on your running. About how many times a week to you run? If you don't mind my asking. Also how long of a distance do you run?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
Legend
King of Tits
Final Villain

Legend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is EternalLegend is Eternal
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Last time it was 6:50.

Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
Psallo a Cappella
Basic bitch, get out my face.
Legendary Ninja

Psallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is RapturousPsallo a Cappella is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirus View Post
For that time frame I presume you practice on your running. About how many times a week to you run? If you don't mind my asking. Also how long of a distance do you run?
I love running on my own time; running on a track makes it more difficult to keep a pace because I lose focus and am extremely bored. I have to be watching things go by, and have music.

In the summer, every day, anywhere from two to four miles, depending on if I lose track of time or not. In late fall, any day when it isn't too cold, because I have trouble running in it; my ears, eyes, and jaw hurt when I run in cold air [though I have no idea why]. In the winter I slack off because I can't go outside, and I have to drag myself to a gym. I begin in the spring near the end of the allergy bloom and work through the year.

When I was younger, I loathed it; when we had fitness testing in PE, I was stubborn and refused to bust my backside over it, and would have about eleven or twelve minutes. Doing it on my own was always easier.

Psallo a Cappella is offline   Reply With Quote