• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Naruto Music
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The Konoha Times
View Poll Results: Which option do you think is the best for the forum? PLEASE READ OPENING POST
Removing neg rep 299 46.65%
The rep in rep power is gone and ranks past 100K are gone/100K is renamed 342 53.35%
Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
Kenneth
sage whore
Super Moderator

Kenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein ÜbermenschKenneth ist ein Übermensch

Well, ranks are kind of fun, and neg reps, well... Are abused more often than being used right. I don't neg a lot myself because I don't see the use in giving out neg reps. =/

NarutoForums

Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #22
Raven Darkholme
Mystique
Targaryen

Raven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into Mordor

Hi there, I would first like to ask why This thread was left open when you clearly had plans of your own with no consideration for the members. That thread had a poll, as you can see the poll clearly shows that the majority of people want the system left the same, so you have either completely ignored that and hence not cared for what the members want. Or you have listened and chose to completely go against the members, which again is not caring for the members.

You are the moderators of this forum, this is not a business, there will be things that some people do not want but the majority DO WANT. Why do you feel the need to change something like this? I know that you as the staff have the overall say and what I'm saying has no reflextion on your actions but you are doing this for your personal gain and not for the enjoyment of the members.

If you ignored the other poll then you'll probably ignore this poll to, you don't have any interest in what we want so just go ahead and make your own minds up, we mean nothing to you.

Spoiler:
balls

Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #23
robotnik
Banned
Academy Teacher

robotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestialrobotnik is Celestial

man in the new system no one would've been able to neg me for that post

but now you can

Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #24
colours
Fight Club
I AM GROOT

colours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermenschcolours ist ein Übermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistah pek View Post
I don't know. I think the staff just loves to argue over a month in a thread with ~20 or so pages just for fun, since none of us have anything better to do.

Keep this thread clean as said and if you blenderites want to bitch; do so in Blender. This is not guaranteed changes. Just choose one of the lesser evil-
hm, ok

i dislike both options so i choose option "none of the above"

Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #25
Miss Happy
♥ cuteholic ♥
ANBU Squad Leader

Miss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is CelestialMiss Happy is Celestial
Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Happy
tsukuyomi

Spoiler:
add more cute faces please!
please!Please!Please!
PPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS SSSSSS!

if you don't do that i'll gonna die!
They are very important for my daily existence...
oh and don't keep the negs they are ugly

Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
Jetstorm
The Wheel of Fate is Turning
Final Villain

Jetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geg View Post
Wait that was the whole problem with repwhoring and rep threads? Because you were afraid of negging?
For some on the staff that was the only problem with rep whoring. Unfair rep powers negging others with their powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark 13.0 View Post
argh...and flaming and what not, if someone is insulting and such you neg, so what now, wehen ever that happens you summon a mod...thats not very functional...argh
If someone flames report it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geg View Post
The second change doesn't sound good either, especially the getting rid of all ranks above 100k. Surely like half of the current active members have at least 100k.
613 at 100K or above.

110 at 500K or above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Cowboy View Post
How is people getting bent out of shape about little red marks, and the reduction of some number on a server somewhere a problem? Negs are a decent way to express hatred without starting a post-consuming flame-war.
Try dealing with 400 active members with a great portion of them abusing their rep either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark 13.0 View Post
argh...Pek please explain how only giving pos rep is gonna stop repwhores, it'll only make then stornger now that they can't get neged, and now the FCs can simply mass Pos each other without fear of reprecursion, i'm sorry but this plan of your is hight ineffeicent...argh
It isn't going to stop rep whores. In the views of some, it just stops mattering since they won't have unfair neg power to use against others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .44 View Post
Wuh? If you do this then you better make posts in the Blender count.
They won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruto View Post
I'll just point out that option 2 is completely without merit, because that reduces its role to merely reflecting post count and join date. Both of which are clearly visible anyway. So option 2 should really be, "remove rep altogether".
It is removing the main problems with rep power to begin with more or less.

Removing rep altogether probably won't be happening.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
Raven Darkholme
Mystique
Targaryen

Raven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into MordorRaven Darkholme simply walks into Mordor

Put a 3rd option none of the above, it will show you where we stand.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
Ark Prime 1.0
Achieving sentience

Ark Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultraArk Prime 1.0 is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi View Post
With the no neg plan, people won't complain about repwhoring because it can't affect them via neg rep repercussion. People can't complain about rep whorers because everyone has an equal chance to just rep whenever to whomever in this term.
argh...they why not remove rep then, then all problems would be solved since without negs it losses its purpose...argh

Old 03-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
CyberSwarmKing
Banned

CyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is DivineCyberSwarmKing is Divine
Send a message via MSN to CyberSwarmKing Send a message via Skype™ to CyberSwarmKing

Better get rid of negs than ranks

I mean ranks are fun and are some motivation towards quality posting.

Negging can be abused anyway.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #30
Teach
Doesn't want a Custom Title
God of Shinobi

Teach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is RapturousTeach is Rapturous

Keep the rep ranks but remove the rep in rep power

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
Hiro
Superhiro

Hiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is EternalHiro is Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruto View Post
I'll just point out that option 2 is completely without merit, because that reduces its role to merely reflecting post count and join date. Both of which are clearly visible anyway. So option 2 should really be, "remove rep altogether".
I would love to remove rep altogether. Removing the 'rep' in rep power makes it so that people can't have influence on each other by how much rep they have. Higher repper can't hurt/help users just because of their rep.

Here are some numbers:

Member #1
Rep: 193176 (With 761K of the rep already removed due to request)

Current Rep Power: 920

Remove the 193 rep power and that puts the user at 727 rep power.

Member #2
But if you take one of the Repwhorers for example you will get something like this:

Rep: 2345012

Current Rep Power: 2611

Remove the 2345 from rep and that leaves 266 rep power.

Quite the huge jump between the 2 right? The difference here is even with all of the rep removed from Member #1 they rep for a decent amount. (mainly because of post count and I've been here for 2+ years now)

Where as someone who knows how to exploit the system can easily surpass Member #1 based on rep alone. And I'm hardly the example of an average member. What do you think the comparison is for someone who doesn't have huge post counts or an older join date? The gap grows even wider. Repwhorers know how to exploit the system.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #32
Laex
̣

Laex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareilLaex est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Laex Send a message via Skype™ to Laex

i say keep it that same, but out of the 2 choices, the latter, neg rep is sometimes good where as some ppl enjoy having they're neg rep, and neg rep is sometimes useful when you really dislike/disaprove of one thing/post.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #33
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!.44 is a loser I can't hate!

Delete this post for no reason too, please.

Also, I agree with Hollie. There's no way a majority or even plurality would support one of the new options if a third option of 'leave it the same' were offered.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #34
Saruto
Penises everywhere

Saruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is ElysianSaruto is Elysian
Send a message via MSN to Saruto Send a message via Skype™ to Saruto

Where the fuck is my "VETO THIS SHIT YOU FAGGOTS" options? I almost feel like grabbing my xbox controller and rabidly pressing the X button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteyume View Post
Spoiler:
add more cute faces please!
please!Please!Please!
PPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS SSSSSS!

if you don't do that i'll gonna die!
They are very important for my daily existence...
oh and don't keep the negs they are ugly
Jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with your set? Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
It is removing the main problems with rep power to begin with more or less.

Removing rep altogether probably won't be happening.
1. Okay, I don't know what these problems are or how they affect the redundancy of rep if policy 2 was carried out, but cool

2. Cool story bro, see the latter half of (1.)

Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #35
Sunuvmann
Fight Club
of the Rebellion
Final Villain

Sunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into MordorSunuvmann simply walks into Mordor
Send a message via MSN to Sunuvmann

Where did my posts go? It contributed because these are wrong options.

Basically these choices are shit.

Why?

Removing neg repping, you are removing our only way to express dislike at things people say on this forum. You are mods. You can delete posts if you dislike them. What can we do? All we can do is neg. Or flame. But the latter gets us in trouble. So I would say negging is the lesser of two evils.

Second choice, removing rep from the equation, well that just means more power to the post whores and and discrimination to newbies. There is no way to increase your join date unless you become Reznor

And then again, you'd get more people who are post whoring, meaning more spam for you Hiroshi to clean up. Enjoy.

Do you really want TWF to become the most powerful rep person on NF?

Old 03-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Kikyo
Tachi's Queen
Legendary Ninja

Kikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is EternalKikyo is Eternal

What about ppl who like having red rep bars and negative ranks?

Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
Plot Hole
GB

Plot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is AscendantPlot Hole is Ascendant

I like me ranks remove negs just not ranks

Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
Kyo.
Eskimo Balls
Missing-nin

Kyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultraKyo. is the ne plus ultra

none of the options are appealing at all.

so, none of the above.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
【Temari】
Banned
Legendary Ninja

【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent【Temari】 is Transcendent

just remove the fucking neg

Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
av
-

av est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareilav est le sans pareil

I disagree with this idea entirely, and I get negged more than I get pos repped. Removing neg is like removing the rep system entirely, without neg, pos is meaningless, as I have already thoroughly explained in that one thread in that one suggestions forum.

Closed Thread