Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji vs Asuma - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Naruto Battledome

Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Kushina
Puppy Love~ <3
Jounin

Kushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is Luminary
Default Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji vs Asuma

Who wins? Students or Teacher? XD

Distance: 200m

NarutoForums

Old 02-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
Violent By Design
The King of Violence

Violent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is DivineViolent By Design is Divine

Shika, Ino & Chouji win. Shika knows every move Asuma will do.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
Zach
̧

Zach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gun

I'll have to go with InoShikaCho, it wouldn't be hard for Shikamaru to use shadow possesion and Ino uses Mind transfer to win.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
Olympian
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja

Olympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is Luminary

Asuma takes it.

Shika`s shadows arent fast enough as long Asuma doesnt stand still, and he equally knows how his students think and react. Hes better in nearly every department.

And well, basically, after Shika is out cold, the other two wont take long.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Dman
That's fucking bueno
Elite Jounin

Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Dman broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

asuma loses.while he has to dodge all 3 of them(shika's shadow,choji's roll,and ino's mind possesion)eventually one will get him

it will probobly be shikamaru that catches him,then choji lands one very powerful hit to finish him.

even if asuma uses jutsu,he may only beat down ino or choji.

however alone asuma>>>>all these guys

Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
xEzekiel15
Sakura is #1!
Academy Teacher

xEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant future

Asuma's done for. Asuma is a pretty good shinobi, but Shikamaru is no man to mess with, no matter how skilled you are.

Shikamaru has a plan for battle any way it hits him, and with Ino's mind abilities/healing abilities, and Choji's human boulder, expansion/food pills, I don't see how they can lose this.

Shikamaru can use Choji's boulder or expansion to keep Asuma on his toes, Choji gets Asuma to land just where Shikamaru wants him to, Shikamaru successfully lands a shadow possession, allowing Ino to finish it with mind transfer.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
Grimmjowsensei
True Hokage

Grimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultraGrimmjowsensei is the ne plus ultra

Shika solos with prep time.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
Soul
Agent of Justice
God of Shinobi

Soul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultraSoul is the ne plus ultra

Overkill in favor of the students.

Shikamaru has knowledge of Asuma, so he can devise a plan very quickly. I could see Shikamaru soloing Asuma with difficulty.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
Aburame Ino
Banned
Academy Student

Aburame Ino is a jewel in the roughAburame Ino is a jewel in the roughAburame Ino is a jewel in the rough

Ino-chan solo!
no really, shikamaru wins on his own! Asuma sensei is no big feat! Goooo team Ino!

Old 02-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
Olympian
Legendary Ninja

Olympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is LuminaryOlympian is Luminary

Shika is only nearly unbeatable with prep, not a head on battle, and without a single one of them being as fast as Asuma is, i find somewhat exagerated the credit the team is given against the guy who teached them.

Ino, especially, being the weak link she is, will be out in no time. She only uses one jutsu, and she will likely be the first to be targeted given the nature of said jutsu.

Mind you, i can see any team of the rookies, stealing some wins against each teacher, especially with the numbers game, but hardly the majority. The teachers will always have the main advantages of knowing each of theyre students as well, and having better abilities than each one of them, to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburame Ino View Post
Ino-chan solo!
no really, shikamaru wins on his own! Asuma sensei is no big feat! Goooo team Ino!
Shika whinning a head-on match against his sensei alone? No way hes that good.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Aburame Ino
Banned
Academy Student

Aburame Ino is a jewel in the roughAburame Ino is a jewel in the roughAburame Ino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian View Post
Shika is only nearly unbeatable with prep, not a head on battle, and without a single one of them being as fast as Asuma is, i find somewhat exagerated the credit the team is given against the guy who teached them.

Ino, especially, being the weak link she is, will be out in no time. She only uses one jutsu, and she will likely be the first to be targeted given the nature of said jutsu.

Mind you, i can see any team of the rookies, stealing some wins against each teacher, especially with the numbers game, but hardly the majority. The teachers will always have the main advantages of knowing each of theyre students as well, and having better abilities than each one of them, to begin with.

Shika whinning a head-on match against his sensei alone? No way hes that good.
Ino is no weak link! you are crazy!

Old 02-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
Zach
̧

Zach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gunZach is the kind of archaeologist who carries a gun

Quote:
Asuma takes it.

Shika`s shadows arent fast enough as long Asuma doesnt stand still, and he equally knows how his students think and react. Hes better in nearly every department.

And well, basically, after Shika is out cold, the other two wont take long.
Shikamaru is a genius it wouldn't be hard for him to come up with a plan to catch Asuma in it and then it's over. Also Shikamaru has surpassed Asuma as the new generation surpassing the old so Shika could probably solo.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Kushina
Puppy Love~ <3
Jounin

Kushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is LuminaryKushina is Luminary

Ino isn't weak. :\

All three of them have strengths and weaknesses. Asuma, IMO, is the worst teacher in terms of fighting ability of the 4 Jounin. Shikamaru could solo.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #14
Olympian
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburame Ino View Post
Ino is no weak link! you are crazy!
Of the whole team? Shes the one that grew up less in terms of power and efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushina View Post
Ino isn't weak. :\.
Please read what i wrote, properly.

I didnt called her "weak". I said she was the weak "link" of this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushina View Post
Asuma, IMO, is the worst teacher in terms of fighting ability of the 4 Jounin. Shikamaru could solo.
And you got so offended by what you misread that you type something so incorrect as this?

Really, even if i didnt belived by what i have read in the Manga, that Asuma wasent overall above Base Gai (wich i do, for the record), there is is simply no way he would be below Kurenai, both in power and figthing ability, to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke Aizen View Post
Shikamaru is a genius it wouldn't be hard for him to come up with a plan to catch Asuma in it and then it's over.
His intelect works best when hes got time to study and prep against his opponent. Badly for him, Asuma belongs to a group of nin who is cleary faster than he is, and knows how he operates.

I wont say they cant take some wins, but with the exception of team 7, the other teams havent displayed overall power to surpass and decisivly defeat the senseis. And thats only because team 7, are the protagonists of this manga, and are the ones who are written with the biggest power increases, and at a faster rate than nearly anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke Aizen View Post
Also Shikamaru has surpassed Asuma as the new generation surpassing the old so Shika could probably solo.
Thats something wich meaning is so subjective and vague that i dont feel is worth actually mentioning in a battle thread.

Really, how many nin have surpassed the 1rst Hokage, just because they belong to a younger generation?

Last edited by Olympian; 02-16-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #15
Dracule Mihawk
Untouchable

Dracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is DivineDracule Mihawk is Divine

I'm assuming no Prep for Shika which causes his team to lose quite quickly. Asuma simply outclasses his students in terms of strength and his wind powered jutsu.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
Gentle Fist
B-Rock's Homeboy
Missing-nin

Gentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truthGentle Fist is an honorable bastion of truth

ShikaInoCho wins this one, Shika will out manuever Asuma w the help of his teamates pretty easily, w/ Choji landing the winning blow as Asuma stands lifeless because of SHikas shadow bind

Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 AM   #17
Olympian
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracule Mihawk View Post
I'm assuming no Prep for Shika which causes his team to lose quite quickly. Asuma simply outclasses his students in terms of strength and his wind powered jutsu.
Thats my take. Team 7 is the exception, not the norm.

Give Shika prep, however, and the song plays another tune. His prep is the big x factor.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #18
xEzekiel15
Sakura is #1!
Academy Teacher

xEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant futurexEzekiel15 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thats my take. Team 7 is the exception, not the norm.

Give Shika prep, however, and the song plays another tune. His prep is the big x factor.
I thought this was Team 10?

Old 02-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #19
Amatérasu’s Son
Support is Glory
Hokage

Location: Attached to the GodD@^ded Shinju. Get Me OUTTA HERE!
Amatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultraAmatérasu’s Son is the ne plus ultra

InoShikaCho.

Though Shikamaru is best with prep time, he is capable of thinking on his feet. Ino isn't useless, she's a medic nin now, so that extends their survivability in this fight. Choji is very useful in this fight, as giant Choji is a problem for "normal" ninja. That could distract Asuma long enough either for Shikamaru to develop a foolproof strategy (which shouldn't take long as he's extremely familiar with the target), or for him to trap him in a shadow.

As we haven't seen Asuma in a lot of fights, it's difficult to get the full breadth of his abilities, but what we've seen doesn't hand him the victory here.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Zach
̧

Quote:
His intelect works best when hes got time to study and prep against his opponent. Badly for him, Asuma belongs to a group of nin who is cleary faster than he is, and knows how he operates.
Also Shikamaru knows how Asuma operates so he will be able to outsmart him.
Quote:
I wont say they cant take some wins, but with the exception of team 7, the other teams havent displayed overall power to surpass and decisivly defeat the senseis. And thats only because team 7, are the protagonists of this manga, and are the ones who are written with the biggest power increases, and at a faster rate than nearly anyone else.
I believe Shikamaru showed this when fighting Hidan, of course he had prep time and knowledge but Asuma pretty much only has his fuuton blades to fight which he will eventually be caught by kage mane(shadow posseion) while Ino uses Mind Transfer to kill him or Choji uses a human boulder to kill him while he is caught in the shadow.

Quote:
Really, how many nin have surpassed the 1rst Hokage, just because they belong to a younger generation?
It depends if your one of those people who think Shodai>the narutoverse then there is no hope for this but I'll try The only glimpse of Shodai's power was the Edo Tensei version which I think is equal to the real one, maybe slightly stronger since he has emotions and can have battle strategies. As shown Sandaime has surpassed him. Minato, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Pain, the list goes on the hightiers are much different than the ones back then as Madara is much stronger than the Madara back then, I mean why wouldn't he be when he had 100 years of extra time to get stronger.