Is Sasuke evil? - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives
View Poll Results: Is Sasuke evil?
Yes 63 39.62%
No 96 60.38%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
Baks
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jounin

Baks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hopeBaks is a paragon of hope
Default Is Sasuke evil?

Yes, I have to say that he is evil.

Sasuke has done a lot of morally wrong things in this series.

He has let himself become consumed by hatred and vengeance especially against Itachi. Kakashi was right in saying revenge doesn't lead to anything but misery and emptyness but let Sasuke choose to go down that path.

I can sorta understand why Sasuke wants revenge but I don't get why he feels he has to do it alone.

Naruto and both Saukra have offered to help with him his revenge against Itachi but he rejected them in a very harsh way imo.

Naruto did say that he feel like Sasuke was a brother to him but all he got in return was attempted murder by Sasuke in thier part one end fight.

Sakukra did tell Sasuke that he she loved him and even offered to go with him and even help out Sasuke against Itachi but all she got was punch in the face.

I don't really like the way that Sasuke has treated his friends.

Boith Saskura and Naruto where right trying to stop Sasuke doing a terrible choice by going to Oro.

Yes going to Oro was a bad choice since Oro wanted to take over Sasuke's body and destroy Konhona later. Oro even stated those intentions himself.

Its a freinds duty to point to another friend, to stop them making a terrible decision that they may regret for making thier the of thier lives. That what one of the points of being a friend is.

But Sasuke rejected his friends warnings all for the sake of his petty revenge and because of his poor choice he put everyone in danger because of his terrible error in judgement.

Thats why I don't like Sasuke to be honest because he is selfish and very narrow minded and doesn't really care for others, even the ones that where closest to him.

To people who say that Naruto is selfish, no he is not, he is more selfless than anything. Selfish people only care only about themselves.

Naruto was trying to save Sasuke from making a bad choice in order to protect him.

Sure Naruto could have done easy thing and not try to save Sasuke and get on with his life. But Naruto himself did say that he does not deserve to become Hokage if could not save his friend.

That is how much Naruto values their friendship and cares for Sasuke. He doesn’t think he could live with himself if he lets S asuke die or whatever.

The same thing goes with Sakura too, that is how much she cares for Sasuke as well.

That is one of the central points of the manga – the friendship between Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

As for Itachi, yes he is responsible for a lot of Sasuke's pain and is maybe the reason why Sasuke is the way he is now in the manga.

However that does not absolve Sasuke too. Since its Sasuke’s own choices that have made him the way he is.

Sasuke did not have to let himself become consumed with hatred and and anger and choose a path of revenge. At any time he could have let go of his hate and try to live a normal life.

Sasuke did not have to go to Oro, even if he still wanted revenge against Itachi – he could have tried talking to the Hokage and get justice that way but he did not.

He could have tried talking to his friends – Naruto and Saukura about the whole Itachi stuff instead of keeping his feelings bottled up but he did not instead of acting by himself. His friends where even willing to help with Itachi but the sad thing is that Sasuke never even considered that option.

Even if he felt that he still had to leave the village, he could have gone anywhere else else but to Oro, but Sasuke did not think and and consider any alternatives.

Sasuke did not have to try to murder Naruto. He should have realised that Naruto was only trying to help him, If Sasuke though really long and hard about it, he could have known that going to Oro was as going to be one of the worst mistakes of his life. But Sasuke has let his own desire for revenge cloud his judgement.

After Itachi’s death, Sasuke could have finally let go of his anger and hatred but again he chooses not.. He could have let go of his anger and hatred instead of listening to Madara’s probable lies and this time time directing his anger at Konoha.

He did not have to attack Killer Bee but he choose too. Even after listening to Akatsuki’s views, he could have walked away and followed a different path in life instead of letting himself be influenced by Madara.

I could go on on and about this with some more examples if I wanted too but I think you all see my point.

At nearly every important choice in his life so far, Sasuke has choosen poorly and/or wrongly, without hardly ever considering what the consequences of his could choices could be.

Also don’t give that crap that Sasuke had no choice, For that is a lie, a lie even to yourself.

Everybody has choices in life, so you should think long and hard and hard about the consequnences of those choices could lead too.

What I am trying to say is , a lot of Sasuke’s poor choices have lead him to put himself in uncessary danger and cause his friends a lot of pain and and anguish- more specifically Naruto and Sakura, the ones that care about him the most.

Sasuke has only really made two good choices so far. The first being to spare Naruto’s life. The second being for him to finally forgive Itachi.

All the other choices have been bad because Sasuke has let his bad emotions ie, anger, hate, jealously, etc cloud his judgement. Instead of being calm, collected and somewhat objective when making the choices that could effect his life forever.

You know a choice can still bee be bad even if you think you are doing it for all the right reasons. Which is ecatly the case for Sasuke, he did not think long and hard enough enough about what the conseqences of his coices could lead too.

Heck twice he has almost paid the ultimate price of these bad choices.

First off in part 1, Oro would have defintely taken over Sasuke's body where it for Naruto and the others delaying the Sound 5 guys long enough to get to Oro. Those delays forced Oro to switch over to another body and not Sasuke as he so wanted to.

So Sasuke was ironically saved by his friends and some luck by not being taken over by Oro then.

Secondly, remember the Itachi battle, the remants of Oro did come out of his body and completely consumed Sasuke.

Where it not for Itachi killing Oro's possession of himi, Sasuke again would have ultimately paid the the ultimate price for his bad choices.

Sasuke is heading down a path of self destruction, without possibly realisng what he is doing. That is why I believe that both Sakura and Naruto are right from trying to save their friend from a path of self destruction.

Also Sasuke is a killer. After all he did kill Deidara, Oro and Itachi.

I don't care whether or not if it was in self defense or not.

The bottom line is that neither Itachi and Deidara are not alive anymore and nothing can bring them back.

Also Sasuke didn't show any remorse for kiling Deidara. Also didn't have shown any remorse for killing Itachi either until Madara revealed the truth about his brother.

Sasuke sure has hell did not show any regret or remorse trying to kill Naruto and Killer Bee. It doesn't matter if he tried to capture Killer Bee at first and then later changed his mind about killing Naruto. The fact that he tried to kill both of them is very damning in itself.

The fact that he didn't succeed doesn't change the matter. His intents was to murder in both cases.

Also later in part 2 when Naruto encounters Sasuke again in Oro's lair, Sasuke again tries to kill him. Where it not for ironically Kabuto's and Oro's suggestion to let Naruto live so he can hunt down some Akatsuki members, Sasuke would have killed Naruto where it not for that.

Sorry for the long post but I felt I had to get that off my chest.

There, I posted up more or less all the reasons why I consider him to be an evil character.

NarutoForums

Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #2
<insert snappy name>
Chidori Spammer. OVER 9000!!!!
Genin

<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope<insert snappy name> is a paragon of hope

*Wall of text crits you for <life total>*

Honestly, Sasuke isn't so much evil as he doesn't know how to think of anyone but himself. Looking at his backround, thats a simple conclusion to come to. People aren't inherently evil, the world around them molds them at a young age for the rest of their lives. Sasuke isn't someone to hate (although its tempting), he is someone to pity honestly. And not because of what he had to go through, but because his views are so twisted because of those things. Any time a goal strays away from helping others, things get worse. Sasuke thinks more and more about somehow satisfying his hunger for revenge, which was denied from Itachi, and more and more he turns down a wicked road.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
Saint Jimmy
Follow cats, they party hard!!
Academy Teacher

Saint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hopeSaint Jimmy is a paragon of hope

Yes, Sausgay is eveil and deserves to die

Old 12-16-2008, 04:57 AM   #4
Sunabozu
GB's Ghost

Sunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is CelestialSunabozu is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Sunabozu

evil little brat. yes

Old 12-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #5
WraithX959
I hate stupid people
Legendary Ninja

WraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is TranscendentWraithX959 is Transcendent

Sasuke isn't evil, he's misguided. Itachi set him on the path of vengence so he could get stronger and one day become a hero for killing his brother and Madara, however the torture he put Sasuke through warped his way of thinking. Sasuke's run in with Gaara didn't help either.

Naruto was isolated and alienated because he was the Kyuubi. Sasuke isolates and alienates himself because he fears getting close to someone and losing them like he lost his family and clan. They are the same. Sasuke has to allow himself to find happiness again before he can change from his dark path. Once he realizes what he should really be fighting for, he'll change his ways. Right now he's just a dumbass.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
Noble Avenger
Champs Bitch
Legendary Ninja

Noble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is AscendantNoble Avenger is Ascendant

Sasuke is teh badz! Oh noez!

Mommy save me from this scary man who won't even kill fodder!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 AM   #7
MR T
It's Mr T
ANBU Captain

MR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truthMR T is an honorable bastion of truth
Send a message via MSN to MR T

No sasuke isin't evil

Old 12-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #8
Turrin
玄武

Turrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultraTurrin is the ne plus ultra

Sasuke was evil at the end of part 1 and then he was saved somewhat by naruto which put him back to being more of a grey character with alot of sins in the closet, but now he is back to being full fledge evil which is much better for his character development. Later he will probably become more grey again before his final decent into darkness before his ultimate redemtion.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #9
Geralt of Rivia
Banned

Geralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is ElysianGeralt of Rivia is Elysian

Nope, but he's pretty much an emo attention-seeker. Also, very, very stupid.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
Sephiroth
Titan
God of Shinobi

Sephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is RapturousSephiroth is Rapturous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen Mikami View Post
I don't think Sasuke is evil at all, I think he's one of the most noble and pure characters in this series. I truly admire Sasuke, and think it's bizarre that people criticize him for wanting revenge over something anyone would have wanted revenge for, not to mention they have no problem with other characters wanting revenge, for lesser evils imo.

Sasuke's "evil deeds" are blown way out of proportion and the good things he's done get ignored. It's sad.
This I agree with.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #11
HawkMan
Jinchuuriki

HawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is ElysianHawkMan is Elysian

Of course not, he's just goal-oriented. His purpose is to restore the Uchiha clan, and he'll stop at nothing to achieve those aims...almost nothing.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 AM   #12
freetgy
Elite Teacher

freetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminaryfreetgy is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMan View Post
Of course not, he's just goal-oriented. His purpose is to restore the Uchiha clan, and he'll stop at nothing to achieve those aims...almost nothing.
i think Sasuke doesn't know he needs a girl for that :xzaru
Sasuke is still a child in mind as he states himself.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #13
Grep
Kids love Grep
S-Class Missing-nin

Grep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is AscendantGrep is Ascendant

Kishi obviously doesn't know what he is going with Sasuke. First he wanted to restore his clan and kill Itachi. Then he totally forget about the restoring clan part. Then he found out Itachi was good and moves on to killing the entire village.

The most confusing thing is he didn't want help from people like Naruto and Sakura, who were actual competent ninjas and instead puts together a rag tag group to help him. Why the fuck would you want a shit team like Taka when you can have team 7?

Cause Sasuke could have stayed in Konoha and gotten a chance to kill Itachi, Itachi was part of a group that Konoha was fighting against.

Sasuke isn't evil, his character just makes no sense. Going to Oro was questionable, but not evil. Sasuke certainly isn't good though. A good person wouldn't be able to hang around with Oro. And that is all there is too it. He is somewhere in between.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #14
Black★Star
Yami no Sekai
Elite Jounin

Black★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Black★Star

To be honest I would call him evil but I would understand if someone didnt. He appears to be easily misguided and flip-flops on his ideals a little to easily for my liking. But hey, if I were a 15 y.o. kid with a genius bloodline and no family to smack some sense into me, I may have been no different.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #15
InfectedGuy
Poor Shinobi
Special Jounin

InfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of lightInfectedGuy is a glorious beacon of light

The answer is simple ... Nope.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
Sasuke`
Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō
ANBU Captain

Sasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truthSasuke` is an honorable bastion of truth
Send a message via MSN to Sasuke`

No. And anyone who believes he is, is silly. Sorry to say it, but that's just the way it is.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #17
cloudsymph
I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!
Kage

cloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminarycloudsymph is Luminary

yea he's evil, and a fucktard too.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #18
seastone
A hidden
Hokage

seastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendentseastone is Transcendent

Sasuke is not evil just misguided. He still has natural kindness in him as he refuses to kill fodder, team 7 flashback and his refusal to leave Karin behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGtymin View Post
Kishi obviously doesn't know what he is going with Sasuke. First he wanted to restore his clan and kill Itachi. Then he totally forget about the restoring clan part. Then he found out Itachi was good and moves on to killing the entire village.
Sasuke will revive the clan his own way as he told to Madara.

Quote:
The most confusing thing is he didn't want help from people like Naruto and Sakura, who were actual competent ninjas and instead puts together a rag tag group to help him. Why the fuck would you want a shit team like Taka when you can have team 7?
Yes I ma sure Sasuke woudl ask help fro mthe guy who threatened to break everyone his in body to bring him back. Also Sakura assaulted him as well.

Why should Sasuke think they woudl want to help him.

Also taka is not shit.

Quote:
Cause Sasuke could have stayed in Konoha and gotten a chance to kill Itachi, Itachi was part of a group that Konoha was fighting against.
He left Konoha because he need gain power faster because the gap between Itachi and Sasuke has not become less over the years.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #19
Seto Kaiba
God Hand Crusher

Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

*Sam Jackson*: Yes he is evil, and I hope he burns in hell!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #20
haydenKyuubi
try and touch me!
S-Class Missing-nin

haydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is CelestialhaydenKyuubi is Celestial

'Trying to kill (supposedly) best friend in a whim' = EVIL