Naruto's "Fox Sage" Mode - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Naruto Theories

Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
Gade
Academy Student

Gade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is LuminaryGade is Luminary
Naruto Naruto's "Fox Sage" Mode

I put together this idea about a "Fox Sage" Mode. It involved two mythological ties of the “Vajra” and “Fugen Bosatsu”.

Background

Spoiler:
What is the “Vajra” and why is it important?

Spoiler:
In Buddhism, the “Vajra” is the symbol of “Vajrayana”, one of the three major branches of Buddhism.
  • “Vajra” and the Senju clan (Ch. 398).
Who is “Fugen” and why is he important?

Spoiler:
Fugen is a Bodhisattva in Buddhism associated with “meditation”.

“Fugen” is associated with Naruto
“Monju” is associated with Sasuke

Fugen Bosatsu
Spoiler:
Sasuke and Naruto are opposites, like “Night” and “Day”, or “Yin” and “Yang”. Naruto is associated with the “sunshine” (Ch. 233). Sasuke is associated with the “crescent moon” (Ch. 319).
  • Naruto is associated with a “Dragon
  • Sasuke is associated with a “Red Bird
Those symbols are associations to mythology.

Mythology

Spoiler:
Reference Info:
  • Kakashi is Japanese for “Scarecrow”;
  • Jiraiya is the “Great Traveler”;
  • Kyuubi “Yang” chakra is sealed in Naruto;
Symbolism with “Toads”
A magical animal mentioned in both Nihonshoki and Kojiki in the Sukunabikona myth. The toad, according to ancient belief, was considered a great traveler and had been everywhere. The toad is either an accomplice or a messenger of Kuyebiko, the scarecrow deity, who knows everything. Gama-sennin, the toad sage, carries a three-legged toad with him, through perhaps not the same as the scarecrow's.
Online Resource: Toad Mythology

“Elephants” and “Toads” are types of “Dragons”
There are five sorts of dragons: Serpent-dragons; Lizard-dragons; Fish-dragons; Elephant-dragons; and Toad-dragons
Online Resource: Dragon Mythology

“Yang” is associated with “Dragons”
The dragon being full of yang symbolizes those of mankind who are fullest of light and its appearance is the presage of their coming. The Emperor, the greatest of all men, being the fullest of the heaven power yang, was symbolized by the dragon.
Online Resource: Dragon Mythology

Symbolism with “Elephants” and “Fugen Bosatsu”
In Buddhism, the elephant represents the historical Buddha. Some of the Japanese ideas derive from Buddhist jataka tales. Fugen-bosatsu, a major boddhisattva, rides a white elephant with blazing red eyes or face and six tusks that represents the reincarnation of Shakyamuni before he became the Buddha. Fugen appears to those who meditate upon the sutras.
Online Resource: Fugen Bosatsu Mythology

Interpretation

In relation to “Naruto” and his association with “Fugen Bosatsu”; the “Elephant” is the “Fox” (Ch. 103).
How Naruto will activate the "Fox Sage" Mode

Spoiler:
The short answer is Naruto will use the “Key” to balance the amount of “Kyuubi” Energy with “Natural” Energy, “Physical” Energy, and “Spiritual” Energy and then “Transform” into a “different state”.
As a fighter in the martial arts, you must transform energy rather than suppress it. Suppressing energy is force against force. If you are the weaker force, you get destroyed -- one force completely dominates the other. Instead, the idea is to allow both to exist by transforming both into different states.
Online resource: Vajrayana Buddism

This is the fundamental reason for the “Four Tail” state, as “suppressing energy is force against force”, thus “the weaker force is destroyed”.

The idea is “to allow both to exist by transforming both into different states”, as was the fundamental idea for "Sage" Mode.

The “Seal” is the “Key”. Jiraiya refers to the Seal as the Key in the Chapter entitled "Key" (Ch. 94). Jiraiya had “taught” Naruto how to use the “Key” (Ch. 95).

Similar to "Sage" Mode, Fukusaku says, “Those who can't fully control the Natural Energy will turn into a frog” (Ch. 410); If Naruto cannot control the Kyuubi Energy, he turns into a fox (Ch. 295).

Once Naruto learns to balance the Kyuubi Energy, he will “Transform” into a “different state”, or activate the "Fox Sage" Mode.
I have a general idea of what a "Fox Sage" Mode would look like. Naruto would "Transform" the Kyuubi's "Red" chakra into "White" chakra. His eyes would turn "Red" in color, with "Claws" and "Fangs". That is derived from the mythological ties to "Fugen Bosatsu" and his six-tusked elephant which those "whiskers" on Naruto's face represent.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Gade; 07-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.
NarutoForums

Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #2
Ricford
Drives a Buick
Genin

Ricford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant futureRicford has a brilliant future

And so.... what? He gains ridiculous power with either; combining the two, he'd be too overpowered.
Honestly, with that much power, who could give Naruto a decent fight lasting more than 2 panels? I mean, just using less than half of Kyuubi's full chakra, he can already blow up mountains and forests with minimal effort. With the Kyuubi's full power PLUS Sage Mode, he'd probably be able to blow up half the planet just by sneezing.
If this actually happened, the series would probably end by the next chapter, because Naruto would probably accidentally destroy the entire world, killing everyone.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
PurePain
Academy Student

PurePain is on a distinguished road

Don't think that this will happen. First, i don't think that the Kyuubi can or would want to draw on nature chakra, second, I don't think that Naruto will use the Kyuubi on purpose again.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Samochan
The Peach dsmash spammerer
Genin

Samochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hopeSamochan is a paragon of hope
Send a message via AIM to Samochan Send a message via MSN to Samochan

I do think the fact that killerbee, who works with his bijyu is alive combined with latest chapter information is kishi's way to show us naruto will meet up with Hachibi at some point and get kyuubi on control somewhat (though not use his powers). Naruto does not need to use kyuubi's powers in order to have neutrality in between them.

I do doubt that the seal will be removed though, because that would just release the kyuubi. It could be modifyed though and the key might do just that and hachibi would help in working it out. I do wanna see full sage mode naruto, cause kage bunshins molded from nature chakra would be a lot more durable, faster, stronger and all around better than regular ones, plus nature chakra is seemingly limitless in quantity. I assume he would not be able to make that many clones on one go though, since using lot of the chakra in one go would transform him into toad or something akin to that.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
Kushimaru Kuriarare
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Chuunin

Kushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of lightKushimaru Kuriarare is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm.. I'm not reading anything i don't already know.

The theory i came up with, is that Naruto's sage form will make Naruto look a bit like a fox instead of a frog.

Or he might be a frog with 4 tails.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Gabe
Murim Grand Master
God of Shinobi

Gabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is TranscendentGabe is Transcendent
Send a message via MSN to Gabe

i agree naruto has been made to look like a loser to much and it is about time he gains a true advantage over everyone else.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
killaknight
Academy Student

killaknight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killaknight Send a message via Yahoo to killaknight

I don't think that the Kyuubi would ever be his partner for sage mode. I think that Naruto would rather learn how to control the Kyuubi instead. Because then Naruto wouldn't have to worry about hurting others that are important to him. Now I know that he said that he wouldn't use the Kyuubi's charkra again and use his own power instead, the kyuubi is technicality his power since well he lives inside him... If Naruto finds out that Minato is his father and sees the Kyuubi as a gift from him he will probably use Kyuub's chakra.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #8
PureWIN
Mr. Prince

PureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is Elysian

Want to make a thread suggesting the Kyuubi will be Naruto's new fusion partner for sage mode?

Step 1: Prove that the Kyuubi would even be WILLING to cooperate to gather natural energy for Naruto

Step 2: Prove why the Kyuubi would even gather the energy in the first place when his own INFINITE chakra can do the same thing for Naruto in the first place.

Seriously, you guys think that Naruto is just gonna be like "Hey Kyuubitch! Stay still and start gathering 'natural energy' for me, now!".

Yeah, sure.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #9
PureWIN
Mr. Prince

PureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is ElysianPureWIN is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gade View Post
I never said the Kyuubi would be used to gather "natural energy". I stated that he would be Naruto's fusion partner. Allow me to clarify,

Quick explination for the "miniature Kyuubi", four tailed state; Key Frog: "He isn't even capable of controlling the nine-tails chakra! From just opening the seal a crack, Naruto's chakra was pushed aside, the nine-tail's chakra gushed out, and Naruto was taken over by it." (Chapter 370)

"Sage Mode" would resist the Kyuubi's chakra influence. He would be in complete control in the "demon cloak" state rather than transform into a miniature Kyuubi. Of course, the chakra would still do "constant damage" to his body, thus shorten his lifespan; but he would wield a surreal amount of power. Its his trump card.
Ugh.

"Sage Mode" implies being in a mode where the user is using sage chakra which is only created by using natural energy.

What you are now suggesting is that Naruto gains mastery over the Kyuubi so he can use it without losing control, similar to Kirabi. Yes, that is certainly feasible.

But the Kyuubi as his "fusion partner"? No. The whole fusion thing came from Naruto needing someone to stay still and gather natural energy while he fights. With the Kyuubi and Naruto sharing a body together there is no need to physically "fuse" as with Pa. Really it's just Naruto taking the Kyuubi chakra while resisting the demonic influence.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
MR.X
Academy Student

MR.X will become famous soon enoughMR.X will become famous soon enough

where does the key come into play?

Old 11-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #11
blackfire94
NaruSaku fan
Chuunin

blackfire94 is a jewel in the roughblackfire94 is a jewel in the roughblackfire94 is a jewel in the roughblackfire94 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to blackfire94 Send a message via Yahoo to blackfire94

I don't think naruto can held that much power. If he use all the power it will kill him.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #12
$nuggles
░۩░ Ṥλιγλη ҀгѻшṤ ░۩░
Genin

$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope$nuggles is a paragon of hope

Quote:
Want to make a thread suggesting the Kyuubi will be Naruto's new fusion partner for sage mode?

Step 1: Prove that the Kyuubi would even be WILLING to cooperate to gather natural energy for Naruto

Step 2: Prove why the Kyuubi would even gather the energy in the first place when his own INFINITE chakra can do the same thing for Naruto in the first place.

Seriously, you guys think that Naruto is just gonna be like "Hey Kyuubitch! Stay still and start gathering 'natural energy' for me, now!".

Yeah, sure.
We have no idea what Naruto is capable of doing with Kyuubi in Sage mode. It's possible circumstances will change. Plus Naruto is already able to use the Fox chakra without having to ask for it, but for some reason he hasn't used it since the old series.

As for reasons why the Fox would even help him? Simple. The Fox will die if Naruto dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureWIN View Post
Ugh.

"Sage Mode" implies being in a mode where the user is using sage chakra which is only created by using natural energy.

What you are now suggesting is that Naruto gains mastery over the Kyuubi so he can use it without losing control, similar to Kirabi. Yes, that is certainly feasible.

But the Kyuubi as his "fusion partner"? No. The whole fusion thing came from Naruto needing someone to stay still and gather natural energy while he fights. With the Kyuubi and Naruto sharing a body together there is no need to physically "fuse" as with Pa. Really it's just Naruto taking the Kyuubi chakra while resisting the demonic influence.
But it IS also possible it's quite the opposite. What if Naruto was the one gathering natural energy. It's been shown that the Fox's chakra is able to move on it's own, so it's possible the Fox can use it's chakra to fight while Naruto gathers energy. I don't see it as particularly "fusing" with Naruto, but more of an alternative. There's a reason Kishi made the fox reject a fusion host, and obviously it has to do with the Fox and Sage mode. It might not be fusion and it might be.