What book have you finished recently? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Reader's Corner
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
jungwah8
I like penguins
Rookie

jungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant futurejungwah8 has a brilliant future
Default What book have you finished recently?

Well, I searched the forums for a thread like this, but surprisingly there was none (unless I missed something).

What book have you finished reading recently? If you want, recommend it and describe it (author/genre/summary). :

Well, I just finished reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. It's a classic. Historical fiction...I think. Sorry, I'm not very good with determining the genre. I enjoyed reading it. Probably because I don't usually read those types of books often.

NarutoForums

Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Kyuubi_Xx
She's kinda crazy...
Rookie

Kyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdomKyuubi_Xx is a bearer of wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Kyuubi_Xx Send a message via MSN to Kyuubi_Xx

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix again. I've gotta refresh my memory - The Half-Blood Prince is coming out soon.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
lwong81
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Chuunin

lwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of lightlwong81 is a glorious beacon of light

i plan to finished reading hbp on the 16th of july (yes, i want to read it in one day)

Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
Twizted
Rest in the deep

Twizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is TranscendentTwizted is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to Twizted Send a message via MSN to Twizted

X-Wing: Iron Fist by Aaron Allston

Old 07-03-2005, 03:54 AM   #5
Woody
Banned
Rookie

Woody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to allWoody is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Woody Send a message via Yahoo to Woody

Almost finished with Warcraft Triliogy book 1.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:14 AM   #6
ĪNaruto-KunĪ
........?
Genin

ĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hopeĪNaruto-KunĪ is a paragon of hope
Send a message via AIM to ĪNaruto-KunĪ Send a message via MSN to ĪNaruto-KunĪ

Harry Potter & The Goblet of FIre *LMAO*

Old 07-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
iaido
Elitist Asshole
Academy Teacher

iaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hopeiaido is a paragon of hope

Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare

That guy makes Sasori look like Mother Teresa

Old 07-04-2005, 03:31 AM   #8
Siavash
Academy Student
Academy Student

Siavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant futureSiavash has a brilliant future

my schoolbook : getal in ruimte .... its a mathbook

Old 07-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #9
mgrace
Guess Who's Back?!?!?!
Elite Teacher

mgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestialmgrace is Celestial

Haven't read a book for a while but I did read the Otori Trilogy written by Liann Hearn..... Excellent Series..... Really good.... I loved it......

check out the website

http://www.theotori.com/bookthree/default.asp

Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #10
kapsi
Banned
S-Class Missing-nin

kapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendantkapsi is Ascendant

Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams. And started "Hitchhiker's guide..." because I finally got the book after all these years.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Katara
The Forgotten One
Genin

Katara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hopeKatara is a paragon of hope
Send a message via ICQ to Katara Send a message via AIM to Katara

About two weeks ago, Shadow of the Giant by Card. A great way to end the series. Although I kinda wish it weren't.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:52 AM   #12
BakaKage
baka-deshi
Jounin

BakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is CelestialBakaKage is Celestial

Just finished Eragon...it was so-so, nothing special really (no offense to fans). Props to the author though, for writing a very readable story at such a young age.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #13
Chatulio
Senex
Legendary Ninja

Chatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is CelestialChatulio is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Chatulio

reading the forgotten realms book "Forsaken house" in the THE LAST MYTHAL trilogy writtne by Richard Baker

11 days till HP HBP ing

Old 07-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #14
exmorte
Worlds Most Fabulous Genius
Academy Teacher

exmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant futureexmorte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to exmorte Send a message via MSN to exmorte

Heh i just finished flashforward a science fiction book where due to an experiment everybody on the earths conciousness is temporarily catapulted 20 years in the future.. and how people deal with said foreknowledge. Oh and its by Robert J. Sawyer

Old 07-06-2005, 07:01 AM   #15
Woofie
Coordinator
S-Class Missing-nin

Woofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is TranscendentWoofie is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapsi
Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams.
Ha, same here. I finished Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency about a week ago, and since then I've also read the second Dirk Gently novel, The Long, Dark, Tea-Time of the Soul.

The Dirk Gently books are by the same author as the Hitch-hikers Guide... the writing style and humour is distinctively by the same person, but the Dirk Gently novels are a bit less 'wacky'. Depending on your sense of humour, you might enjoy them slightly more or slightly less than the Hitch-hikers book, but either way, if you like Hitch-hikers you'll like these to some extent (I prefer them myself).

So yeah, they're sci-fi comedy. DGHDA is more science/computer-oriented, whereas LDTTotS is a bit more mythology-based. The first book is better in my opinion - the plot is more interesting (considering it's primarily a comedy, the plot was actually very good and kept me hooked - I loved the way lots of apparently very unrelated strands tied together at the end), the characters were stronger (Richard and Reg were both good) and the humour was slightly more consistent... there were a few less LOL moments than in the second one, but there was something which made me smile on nearly every page. Maybe it's because of my background in physics and computer science, I dunno. >_> The only way in which the second novel is better is Dirk Gently himself - in the first one, he's introduced fairly late on, and you don't get a full feel for him (or see the full extent of his hilarity). But in the second one, things focus on him more, and he really comes into his own... he's a great character.

Both are worth reading, anyway, especially for any HHG fans unfamiliar with the few other things Adams did.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:53 AM   #16
chdragonfly
Woo! Testings over!!
Rookie

chdragonfly has a spectacular aura aboutchdragonfly has a spectacular aura aboutchdragonfly has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to chdragonfly

artemis fowl

Old 07-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #17
NinjaJedi007
d[-_-]b
Academy Teacher

NinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hopeNinjaJedi007 is a paragon of hope

A Lesson Before Dying by Earnest Gaines. I actually liked this entire book from start to finish. I was really pleased with how everything was done. Definitely worth checking out.

Old 07-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #18
Smooth Jazz
Academy Student

Smooth Jazz is just really niceSmooth Jazz is just really niceSmooth Jazz is just really niceSmooth Jazz is just really nice

I just finished reading Chainfire by Terry Goodkind the latest in the Sword of Truth series, its Fantasy Fiction.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #19
zionforsell
Genin

zionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant futurezionforsell has a brilliant future

I finished my first book from the Vampire Chronicles of Anne Rice "Queen of the Damned" and I want to ask a question: why the heck everybody praises her novels so much??? I don't know about the other book in Vampire Chronicles, but this one SUCKSSSS. After this third book, the one after it seem going down hills too. I mean... I read it and don't understand why everybody likes it. It drags on and on. It switchs narators too much and confusing. She wastes too much time one explaining the reason Akasha want to destroy male population. Too many umimportant characters are introduced in details. Plus, the emotions in characters seem to be very vage as well.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #20
Ah B
ANBU Recruit

Ah B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hopeAh B is a paragon of hope

I finished the first book of the Warcraft: War of the Ancients Trilogy last week. Halfway done the second book, and I expect to finish it by Sunday so I can start reading Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince on Monday.
The War of the Ancients Trilogy is better than I expected. Anybody who has played the Warcraft games must read this book. It builds on the plot as a whole seperate story.

Closed Thread