Naruto's Rasengan varations are USELESS compared to Sasuke's chidori variations!! - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 08-04-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Black★Star
Yami no Sekai
Elite Jounin

Black★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is CelestialBlack★Star is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Black★Star

Before I write I must say that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. What I mean is that in terms of versality naruto's rasengan variations do not allow him any ability to alter his fighting style, especially when compared to Sasuke. Let's look at the different variations:
Basic rasengan- Distract opponent (probably with KB) and ram it into the opponent. Very short range. (No link given because if you are like me you are tired of seeing that jutsu.)

Odama Rasengan-Distract opponent (probably with KB) and ram it into the opponent. Very Short range.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page010.html

Rasenshuriken-Distract opponent (probably with KB) and ram it into the opponent. Very Short range.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page010.html

Are u seeing a pattern? Well u r supposed to.
These options although they vary in power offer NO possible alternative fighting style and create the impression of no real growth by Naruto as if u are able to dodge the basic rasengan, u probably will be able to dodge all of his rasengan jutsu.

Now lets look a Sasuke's chidori varations.
Basic chidori- Immobilise/trap opponent and deliver powerful blow. Very short range.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page016.html

Chidori Nagashi- My personal fav and allows Sasuke to not only repel physical attacks but to inflict serious damage to anyone touching him. Very powerful defensive move.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page004.html

Chidori needles- Can be used to 1)Repel and overpower weapon attacks 2)Destroy earth based jutsu (As he did with Deidara) 3)Use as a quick, low chackra way of inflicting damage onto opponent. Good mid to long range weapon.http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page013.html

Chidori infused sword-Vastly increases the range and power of his Kusagni sword and he also has the ability to use this power without the sword as a medium and extend up to a range of 5 metres. It therefore allows him the power of two swords simultaneously and is excellent for short to mid rage battles.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page005.html

Passing a Chidori Current into the ground- seen in his battle with Itachi, it allows Sasuke to attack an enemy without creating an opening. In addition. because of its nature it allows Sasuke to create an opening for his other Chidori moves as it forces the opponent to jump away from the jutsu as the only means of escape. Excellent short to mid range set up manuver.
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page009.html

Finally Kirin- Channels the Electricty of nature and harnesses it into a giant Lightning bolt that is unavoidable from any range. Extremely powerful at the cost of almost no chackra to the user. Excellent Mid to long range attack and Sasuke's strongest attack (excluding MS techniques).
http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page006.html

Now it should be clear that in terms of overall range and versality, Naruto's rasengan variations offer little in battle when compared to Sasuke's chidori variations. Not only do Sasuke's chidori variations cover all the three ranges of fighting (i.e short,mid and long range), they also offer Sasuke a far wider range of options when fighting at these ranges, and the ablity to create openings making for a far more interesting battle.

Before the flaming starts, I must say that I am a huge Naruto fan but facts are facts and these are facts. One can only hope against hope that Kishi will address this huge disparity in power between the two most influencial characters in the manga in a way that is both fair and logical.

Wow this turned out far longer than I anticipated. Hope You like it though.

People keep sayin that its foolish to compare elemental to spatial recomposition. I cant understand that logic.U must accept that Spatial recomposition is limited BUT u also have to accept that it is the only technique (aside from KB) that Naruto has shown a profiiency for in part 2. So with that in mind, my comparison is meant to show the versality that Sasuke has in his arsenal as opposed to Naruto, and secondly how continued emphasis on Different variations of Rasengan by Kishi is absolutely pointless at this point given the natural limitations of this attack. What Naruto needs DESPERATELY are attacks that would allow for greater versalty and NOT another Rasengan variation.

Therefore all the flaming about spatial vs elemental recomposition is really not necessary so save it.

Last edited by Black★Star; 08-04-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: DP
NarutoForums

Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
Munkybhai
Academy Student

Munkybhai will become famous soon enoughMunkybhai will become famous soon enough

Well, Rasengan is just chakra manipulation, so perhaps now that Naruto is manipulating the wind element, we will see some interesting variations, similar to Sasuke's lightning arsenal.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
BIGASIA
MHMM
ANBU Captain

BIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is LuminaryBIGASIA is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to BIGASIA

after he finishes his senjutus training, he will get a huge boost in speed and strength. remeber though wind >>>>> lightning, but wat u say is true. we can only hope that naruto gets an insane speed boost where he can be like his dad and just shunshin the shit outta people, then his rasengan will be alot more effective. also like munkybhai said, maybe he will learn other variations.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 AM   #4
Lisar
Academy Student

Lisar has a spectacular aura aboutLisar has a spectacular aura about

well .. if kushina was a part of senju clan .. then naruto is too .. and im sure he could use bloodline techniques ( rinengan ) or smth.. so if he combines rasengan with those blood-line things .. i'm sure he'll be able to beat the crap out of sasuke.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
Tasmanian Tiger
Im back -troll hijacked my acc
Jinchuuriki

Tasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is Ascendant

doesn't matter anymore. Senjutsu training is coming

Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
Kyuubi Naruto
My time is here...
#narutofan crew > you

Kyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultraKyuubi Naruto is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to Kyuubi Naruto

Jesus Christ. I wish everyone would read this post.

Rasengan is the greatest form of shape manipulation out there. It's a sphere and you can't go any further than that. Naruto knows this so he's not going to dumb Rasengan down to turn it into anything less than that like. He's not going to trade in a baseball for a toothpick. With that being said Naruto doesn't need to make his Rasengans turn into variable weapons like Sasuke, they aren't designed for that. Rasengan will always be the offensive bullet of Naruto. It won't be turning into anything else outside of that.

Rasengan will always be a ball with something extra on it. It won't be a sword, staff, needless or whatever because if it was it wouldn't be Rasengan anymore. It would be something completely different breaking it away from what it's originally designed for. That's not Rasengan. Incase it's not said enough as it is I'll put it at an easier way:

As long as he uses Rasengan it'll only be a sphere considering that's what a Rasengan is. It's a spiral sphere. He has to breakout of it being a Rasengan in order to get something else. It's not designed to be turned into a sphere and then further on into a saber, a shield or whatever.

Now that Naruto needs to improve his RasenShuriken to a 100% version it'll gain some extras but it'll only be power and possibly a way for it to connect with the enemy. Make no mistake, it'll be the same bullet as we've always seen except this time it'll connect with the enemy somehow. Don't expect any huge changes. Naruto will never, ever be doing any Rasengan Shields, Rasengan swords, Rasengan needles or whatever because it's simple not possible with Rasengan considering it's the highest form of shape manipulation. The Rasengan is the shape; he'll have to dumb it down to sword, needles and saber-like levels in order to see that.

Now wind, that can be possibly be used in the same way Sasuke's Chidori's are being used. He can make Fuuton needless or a Fuuton sword or whatever he wants surely but it all depends on if Naruto will do it or not. That's the main point here. Needless to say it's very possible making wind into different variations such as Fuuton: Sword or Fuuton: Shield or whatever he needs to turn it into and then finally the ultimate shape manipulation Fuuton: Rasengan but still. It's very VERY possible to do it with wind. The only reason Sasuke can do it with Chidori is simply because it's shape isn't as advanced as Naruto's Rasengans are. Now I'll sum this up:

It's possible to make variations with wind as long as he doesn't turn the wind into a Rasengan since Rasengan's the pinnacle. Once it goes Rasengan he'll have to dumb it down to something else. It is possible with wind but not Rasengan.

It all depends if Naruto will need it or not or will want to do it. Sure it's possible but he might not even need to resort into that with the Senjutsu training coming. Maybe if it involves Fuutons he can improve his but theoreticaly anything less than a Fuuton: RasenShuriken Naruto can do it. I'm saying it's possible he can do whatever he wants with wind, we just haven't need it since he didn't need to do it at that current time. It should be possible to make a Rasengan and then use the wind chakra to create a shield or something but it'll all end up being spherish every single time as long as it's Rasengan. You can't expect Naruto to make a Rasengan and then use wind chakra to create some saber out of the Rasengan. I mean what the hell is that? Come on now.

There's a major difference between a Rasengan and wind. Wind is the attribute which can be turned into variable weapons and used like Chidori. Wind chakra has been shown to be able to do this too. The pinnacle is a Rasengan/wind chakra combo. You don't need to be comparing Naruto's shape manipulations with Sasuke's form/shape manipulations. Whatever comes out of a Naruto form/shape manipulation that's not Rasengan should be compared. It's not that hard.

There you go. Explained to the tee.

Last edited by Kyuubi Naruto; 08-04-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #7
frenchmax
Doesn't want a Custom Title
ANBU Captain

frenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truthfrenchmax is an honorable bastion of truth

Well I agree to what you said. In fact, sasuke' s chidori is more versatile than naruto' s rasengan. But.....

you forget that chidori is nature + shape manipulation
rasengan is only shape manipulation, and is built totally differently than chidori.

Now let' s see: if naruto was able to perfect his nature+shape manipulation to 100 %, what would it do? I mean chidori is a middle jutsu compared to naruto' s FRS.

why? because rasengan itself puts the shape manipulation to it' s maximum with an incredible power. Add wind to it (nature manipulation) to it' s maximum, and chidori variations are useless against it.

Personally, I' d prefer naruto to create another wind jutsu that uses nature and shape manipulation, that could compete with the versality of sasuke' s chidoris.
So at the moment I agree nearly to 99% to what you said

Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 AM   #8
Espada_Uno
I <3 Hayley Williams xD
Academy Teacher

Espada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hopeEspada_Uno is a paragon of hope

yeh gd work i hope naruto becomes stronger because of his senjutsu training it will be cool if he becomes as fast as his dad so he can beat the shit out of sasuke and naruto also has the "power" itachi gave him so im hopin that after his training he'll be able to take on pein with like senjutsu style rasengan

Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #9
†_Camorra_†
Bitches gonna bitch
God of Shinobi

†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian†_Camorra_† is Elysian
Send a message via Skype™ to †_Camorra_†

Its because chidori and its variations are only physical recomposed chakra therefor the strength of the attack is not equal to rasengan.Naruto never had a full all out fight since the wind training to show his Fuuton mastery.I mean he split a whole waterfall with his Fuuton and he coud shape his chakra around his body.I gues we will now more in future.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
Syferz
Ninja-Wizard
Special Jounin

Syferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Syferz Send a message via MSN to Syferz Send a message via Yahoo to Syferz

Comparing Elemental to Chakra munipulation is retarded...

Sure to compare Chidori to Rasengan is fine, as they are used for the same purpose, but Chakra munipulation taken to it's maximum level and comparing it to various elemental munipulations is completely off bases.

Naruto using his Wind element as needles? check! (it's in the FRS)

Naruto using his Wind element to repel water? check! (does it when he fights Madara)

Naruto using his Wind element to sharpen a weapon? Check!

All of these things also are superior to Sasukes, as Sasuke's element is weaker then Naruto's, Sasuke can use fire, but not a verstile enough to match Naruto's Wind element, and this is on top of Naruto possibly using Water as well (his mother was from water country, he has asked about being able to use water element (in anime filler...) Naruto and Sasuke are set up to be rivals with Naruto eventually beating Sasuke out, Naruto learning that he has water element to match Sasuke's fire element, is both common sense, and the only thing that matches his name, heritage, and even the subtitle of part 2.

Naruto has all the same tools as Sasuke, but Naruto's genius isn't sharp like Sasuke's, it's creative and unexpected, which is why Naruto always seems steps behind Sasuke, but magically catches up.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
lordsome
Has Nothing Funny To Put Here.
Genin

lordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdomlordsome is a bearer of wisdom
Send a message via MSN to lordsome

I'm Just Waiting for the Narutards to come...

But seriously, Although I might not like sasuke even I agree that naruto seriously needs to work on new variations for Rasengan.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
BlueSky Rena
A Girl of the East (Asia)
Jinchuuriki

BlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is DivineBlueSky Rena is Divine

I would have to agree. In terms of general usefulness for defensive attacks the chidori is amazing.

The chidori variations allow Sasuke to attack from mid range (as seen in Deidara fight etc), he can use it as spears to cut and give his sword a major cut boost.

In the defensive manner – Chidori Nagashi took down the entire new team 7 to the ground, keeping Sasuke protected in an electric shield.

It helped Sasuke take down the micro C4 clays from his body, and saved him against Deidara.

And Chidori can also be used as a close range killing attack also (with less power than the FRS of course).

Rasengan is just keep getting more BOOM power yet always the same run kid run and hit me in a 0 range mode.

Rasengan is only an attack jutsu for 0 range, it as no variations in terms of defensive creativity.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #13
lucid dream
so it goes
S-Class Missing-nin

lucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendantlucid dream is Ascendant

The issue of only short range has always bugged me a little, personally.

Though it will be taken care of before it becomes a serious issue, or at least I should hope so. Speed and tactic can overcome this easily. Naruto is in senjutsu training right now and also we don't really know of any "limits" for the Fuuton element.

Also, to put it simply, higher levels of Rasnegan are some of the most destructive jutsu we've seen. Even an incomplete FRS was illustrated as massively destructive, on a cellular level no less. What I'm implying is that if it hits, it can kill extremely powerful beings. Kirin obliterates as well, but that is already a complete jutsu and takes prep time and only destroyed a small hill top.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #14
Jugger
System Crash
Missing-nin

Jugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faithJugger is a guardian of the faith

lol how can you compare these things chidori has lighting chara rasengan doesnt have any elemen those two are so different you can compare them lol

Old 08-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #15
WhiteWolf
Lone wolf
S-Class Missing-nin

WhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is AscendantWhiteWolf is Ascendant

Agree that Naruto's variation is kinda useless in long range. But that's just Spatially recomposition, and Futoon is only one with Spatial and Elemental recomposition.

That jutsu made a very big impact, and it was only 50%....So it's really not useless.

Also after Sagetraining, naruto will be faster, stronger ...

Try avoid Futoon Rasengan then...1 hit and you down.

Nagashi,Chidori: Not so strong....

Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #16
yatai
Prince Poetry
Jounin

yatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hopeyatai is a paragon of hope

This will be settled when naruto learns to do Ultimate rasengan. And in both hands.

but yeah. senjutsu.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #17
The Fool
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Legendary Ninja

The Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is AscendantThe Fool is Ascendant

Naruto's spatial manipulation and primary element are both superior to what Sasuke does with chidori. Sasuke has been in more fights but in terms of pure power Sasuke is packing a musket and Naruto is locked and loaded with a friggin canon.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #18
quintessential
quintessential
Legendary Ninja

quintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendantquintessential is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to quintessential Send a message via Yahoo to quintessential

I get it but i think your being a bit narrow minded.Why compare the two? Like check this out
TKB is the ultimate defensive technique> Nagashi. Nagashi is not going to defend sasuke against any Rasengan variant because wind>lightening. So I could make a thread saying "compared to Naruto's use of TKB sasuke's chidori variants are useless" ,and argue that TKB is more versatile because it offers both defense and offense and information gathering ability but that dosent make sense because TKB is not meant to be directly compared to Chidori variants.Its unfair to compare the 2.Against other non wind affinity opponents Nagashi is very useful but still not as useful as TKB. Bottom line comparing techniques of 2 ninja like this in isolation is unfair.You must consider everything in their arsenal or like it or not your biased towards one.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #19
Syferz
Ninja-Wizard
Special Jounin

Syferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faithSyferz is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to Syferz Send a message via MSN to Syferz Send a message via Yahoo to Syferz

it amazes me that people are comparing Sasuke's elementalvariations with Naruto's Chakra Minipulations.

Sasuke and Naruto have both used their elements for the same things, Sasuke's is more defined, but he has been using his elements since part 1, and Naruto has just learned of his something like a month ago? (manga time)

Still, Sasuke puts electricity around him, Naruto puts wind around him (madara fight)
Sasuke uses electricity to sharpen his blade, Naruto has been doing the same.
Sasuke creates electric needles, Naruto creates wind needles (in the frs)

Naruto's wind element should be compared to Sasuke's lightening element, they use them as tools in simular variations, just wait for Naruto to have a real fight, problem was Kakazu was set up to show off how destructive FRS is, and give Naruto a weapon that basically has no equal in the manga outside of biiju so far.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #20
Jetstorm
The Wheel of Fate is Turning
Final Villain

Jetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

It isn't hard to deduce that. Rasengan is just a spiraling nuke in his hand and will only ever create a bigger boom.

If he creates something else with wind he will most likely have more to work with in terms of modifying it. You can't do much with a compact sphere.