Tsunade and Sakura Teacher-Student relationship - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
Sword Sage
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Jinchuuriki

Sword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is Celestial
Default Tsunade and Sakura Teacher-Student relationship

I been thinking, about Tsunade x Sakura. They don't seem to have a deep connection as Jirayia x Naruto and Shikimaru x Asuma. Tsunade always have been like a mother or grandmother to Naruto, just like Jirayia always been a grandfather to him. I mean Chiyo and Sakura had a deep connection even though for only a short period of time. Chiyo acted like a grandmother to Sakura ever since they first met and fought Sasori.

NarutoForums

Old 07-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Euraj
Warrior Prophet
God of Shinobi

Euraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareilEuraj est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Euraj Send a message via Yahoo to Euraj
Yondaime

That's true. Then again, we haven't had a reason to deeply explore her relationship with Tsunade in the Manga yet. Sakura and Chiyo fought an Akatsuki together, so it's understandable that they developed a considerable relationship: However, the great training that we know occured between the medics happened off screen, and nothing, like say someone attacking Tsunade and Sakura having to defend her, or Tsunade dying, has come up in the plot yet. I'd image if we had a scene were Sakura is watching Tsunade die, we'd see their bond is no less meaningful than Naruto and Jiraiya's and etc.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
hockeyguy33
Tensai
Jounin

hockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hopehockeyguy33 is a paragon of hope

I think the reason Sakura and Tsunade seem so distant is because of Tsunade's general attitude towards training. Aside from the fact that Shizune is Tsunade's original apprentice, Tsunade knows how hard Sakura must work in order to gain respect in the shinobi world. Tsunade's relationship with Sakura isn't centered around emotional ties; it is based on Tsunade's desire to make Sakura the best/strongest kunoichi she can be. It sounds cliche, but Sakura sought Tsunade's help and not vice versa. That is one of the main differences between their relationship and J-man's and Naruto's...even if Naruto hadn't begged for Jiraiya's help, I'm confident that he would have ended up training him anyway.

Moreover, Naruto and Jiraiya's relationship traces back even before Naruto's birth. Jiraiya not only trained Naruto's father, but he was also responsible for naming Naruto (making him his Godfather in a sense). Jiraiya is the closest thing Naruto has to a family member which is why they were so close...J-man even considered himself Naruto's grandfather. Being that Sakura has her own family it makes logical sense that she isn't as attached to Tsunade as Naruto is to Jiraiya.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Absurd
...Hiiii... C:
Genin

Absurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hopeAbsurd is a paragon of hope

I agree that there is no very obvious bond between the two and so far I just sort of assumed that it was there, only not brought into question because the need had not arisen yet. Hopefully with the upcoming development of Sakura this relationship may be expanded upon a little. Sensei-student relationships play a major role in the manga so I'd be extremely surprised if nothing of this sort was revealed for the two kunoicihi, even disregarding the fact that they are female characters in Naruto and have thus had very little character development :/

Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
Supa Swag
T.I. manga style
Kage

Supa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is TranscendentSupa Swag is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to Supa Swag

Honestly most, if not all, of the bonds Sakura has in the manga are weakly portrayed, at least in comparison to others.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
Dr. Obvious

Dr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is AscendantDr. Obvious is Ascendant

I think the problem is less screen time for the two of them.

I'd personally love to see more screen time between them, especially if they start making out and stuff.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
N120
Jerusalem
Legendary Ninja

N120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is AscendantN120 is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix XZ View Post
I been thinking, about Tsunade x Sakura. They don't seem to have a deep connection as Jirayia x Naruto and Shikimaru x Asuma. Tsunade always have been like a mother or grandmother to Naruto, just like Jirayia always been a grandfather to him. I mean Chiyo and Sakura had a deep connection even though for only a short period of time. Chiyo acted like a grandmother to Sakura ever since they first met and fought Sasori.
I wouldnt say that she hasnt development a relationship with tsunade at all over the time-skip other than it being a simple case of student-teacher, just like how iruka was her teacher.
If anything, tsunade will have a greater hold on sakura in moment of need, just like ot did with naruto.

But here is where i differ, I believe rather than it having a focused effect on sakura alone it will hurt naruto more in a deeper level. the reason for this is that sakuras only attempt to seek guidence has been with sasuke in mind where as naruto had no ulterior motives in his approach.
He connected with tsunade at the same level of nawaki and dan, similarly i think naruto has done the same as he always does. they both compensate eachothers lack of family for eachother and hold eachother close. this is a deeper bond than mentor-student it family and neither have any. so every single person counts that much more.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #8
Ashiya
ǝɯosǝʍɐ sı nsʇǝz

Ashiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareilAshiya est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to Ashiya

They do not have enough screentime together, but I could see it coming when Tsunade protects Konoha from Pein. Sakura would put in her all to help her sensei.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #9
Lelouch71
Zero
God of Shinobi

Lelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is TranscendentLelouch71 is Transcendent

That's why it would feel redundant and force for Tsunade to die for Sakura's sake. Naruto would have a bigger reason to want revenge since she was basically a mother/grandmother figure to him.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #10
Tasmanian Tiger
Im back -troll hijacked my acc
Jinchuuriki

Tasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is AscendantTasmanian Tiger is Ascendant

How that bitch get along with anybody?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
Sword Sage
Jinchuuriki

Sword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is CelestialSword Sage is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
That's why it would feel redundant and force for Tsunade to die for Sakura's sake. Naruto would have a bigger reason to want revenge since she was basically a mother/grandmother figure to him.
Yeah Tsunade kissed Naruto in the forehead. She never done that to Sakura. Another interesting fact that Kurenai hasn't shown any special bond to either Hinata, Shino, or Kiba. Though its hinted during the Hinata vs Neji, Kurenai seem to have some care for Hinata almost like daughter to her.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
Shiranui
Nullius in verba
Hokage

Shiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is ElysianShiranui is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euraj View Post
That's true. Then again, we haven't had a reason to deeply explore her relationship with Tsunade in the Manga yet.
Very much similar to my thoughts. Sadly, sakura is not being focused on as much as Sasuke and Naruto, which in turn effects the way in which we percieve relationships she has with other characters; in this case Tsunade. I doubt this will go on for much longer, though, as I can almost sense a sort of revive of Sakura's importance in the future.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
-Maya-
Banned
Legendary Ninja

-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith-Maya- is a guardian of the faith

I renember Part 2 beginning where Tsunade and Sakura are together and Tsunade says to Sakura "That boy is on his way back"

Tsunade who sees Naruto as her little brother wouldn't really call him "That Guy" in such a distant way unless she wasn't serious

It was Tsunade probing Sakura's reaction and to do so was giving Faux disintrest towards the matter

It's like a girlfriend mentioning that boy at school she knows you like to see how you react and if that is the case that means the relationship is close

That panel showed that they had bonds and were close and knew eachother very well

Last edited by -Maya-; 07-14-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
Xyloxi
Kage

Xyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is ElysianXyloxi is Elysian

They have bonds, but not as strong as Sasuke and Naruto's bond or Jiraiya and Naruto's.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
mayumi
Legendary Ninja

mayumi has disabled reputation

i think tsunade and sakura do share a bond but at the moment it seems like a student-teacher bond strictly. i think thats good enough for now. for sakura and tsunade to connect deeply, they have to find something they have in common. while its true tsunade can see her self in sakura cause of nawaki and dan, we do not know for sure if sakura knows tsunade's past.

naruto on the other hand has heard it from shizune and naruto and tsunade have a special connection themself. afte rall other than kakashi, tsunade acknowledges that naruto could be hokage someday. i think when tsunade taught sakura it was strictly so that sakura can be of use to naruto and sasuke and not just get in their way but as of yet this has not happened. i hope it changes in the future.
if there is any sort of deep connection between these 2 it will come when perhaps tsunade tells sakura to not be like her and to rethink her feelings for naruto. atleast, tsuande seemed to have realised a lot earlier that naruto is more sensitive than he looks, so she knows naruto likes sakura. perhaps tsuande would actually root for naruto over sasuke that or tsunade would find someone better for naruto

Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #16
PDQ
Meta-Debater
Hokage

PDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is ElysianPDQ is Elysian

As people have mentioned, Jiraiya's and Naruto's bond goes all the way back when Jiraiya named Naruto.

Asuma was Shikamaru's official teacher from the start.

Tsunade kinda got thrown into the whole training business when Sakura asked for her help just as she was becoming Hokage. Balancing training and managing the entire village would be tough enough to prevent a deep relationship from forming.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #17
Jin-E

Jin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultraJin-E is the ne plus ultra

Well, Sakura's primary bond with Team 7 was well established before Tsunade got into the picture. She simply doesnt have the same need for close bonds as Naruto does.

I think its more likely that since we are used to...bonds being extremely close, such as Naruto&Sasuke and Naruto&Jiraiya, we are led to believe that this is the norm. Sakura's and Tsunade's type of bond is probably alot more normal and common.

Thats not to say that they dont care about each other. Its just that you cant compare Naruto, the orphan desperately wanting to connect with people and having bonds, meeting the one link with his family and stay with Jiraiya 24/7 for over 2 years vs Sakura- a girl with a relative normal upbringing having as a teacher the leader of the village.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #18
Inuhanyou
The Doors Of Heaven

Inuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is DivineInuhanyou is Divine

i'd say they were close..2.5 years is enough to forge a relationship based on trust and closeness and whatnot

Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #19
Mike Hunt
Spittin dat real talk fuck yal

Mike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is CelestialMike Hunt is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Mike Hunt Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Hunt

The answer is simple: Not enough Manga time to reveal the relationship.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #20
Creator
♥Tsunade's Husband♥

Creator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareilCreator est le sans pareil

Thats because Sakura never viewed Tsunade as anything more then the person teaching her how to be a teacher and then her assistant.

Shizune has alway been much closer to Tsunade and Sakura has never been close to anyone. Whoever comes close to her gets hit.