• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Music Department
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #2561
Ms. Jove
Married to the Dutch Cause
Super Moderator

Ms. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultraMs. Jove is the ne plus ultra

Nope. I don't think there even been a show since my last one.

OMG, I'll actually be able to listen to those.

NarutoForums

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #2562
Dan Hibiki
Ecstatic

Dan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is CelestialDan Hibiki is Celestial

Maybe I'll re-enter soon, it's been too fucking long [6 months, easily]

I'll be able to catch moe's shows. Fuck. Yeah.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #2563
moe
THE notlame AVENGERS!
God of Shinobi

mow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to mow

Awesomeness! Next monday then you guys will have one =D

god I miss these things, it's been far too long.

Ps. could someone remind me that I will have to make a show, sometime around sunday? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna forget.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #2564
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

Catatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to Catatonik Send a message via MSN to Catatonik Send a message via Yahoo to Catatonik

I was thinking about this. Myself.

Expect an appearance again soon, and some announcements to accompany said impromptu show.

Soon, as in Thursday or Friday night.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #2565
Yoshi
Torchbearer
Elite Jounin

Yoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is ElysianYoshi is Elysian

I think I might be available for Sunday evenings GMT, if that's still available? Of course my music won't be as good as all yours, but I'll give it a shot.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #2566
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

Catatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is AscendantCatatonik is Ascendant
Send a message via AIM to Catatonik Send a message via MSN to Catatonik Send a message via Yahoo to Catatonik

Okay, most likely Friday night...and I may end up DJing for a regular on-line radio station and all. One with advertizing and shit...we'll see.

(My reliability may be an issue...)

Hah.

That said, I AM going to do a show this week. I have lots of awesome new tunes.

Speaking of which...

You DO all know that the new Orphaned Land is out...right?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #2567
Innocence
Heads or Tails? Real or Not.

Innocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant futureInnocence has a brilliant future

It would be cool to be a DJ and im up for being on the monday slot after i get a good compilation of tunes together

if someone could contact me and tell me more info about how to organize this and let me get a feel for it, do so

Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #2568
destroy_musick
Yul Brynner Was A Skinhead
Salieri

destroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendant

At the moment the radio show subscription has to be put on hold, I no longer have the funds to keep it up

Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #2569
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

For the best. We were eating your funds on an empty band-width.

if this idea is ever to go anywhere, it has to be taken out of the MD...

Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #2570
moe
THE notlame AVENGERS!
God of Shinobi

mow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultramow is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to mow

Honestly Dave, you are painfully past due on a gigantic collective thank you for setting something like this up, and out of your own wallet just for the love of it.

So thank you. From the utmost regions of my heart.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #2571
destroy_musick
Salieri

destroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendantdestroy_musick is Ascendant

-bows-

Thank you kind sir. It was great fun whilst the enthusiasm ran deep, hopefully with an influx of new blood we can find the enthusiasm and the numbers to go at this again. I'm certainly keen

Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #2572
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

I would be interested in seeing this move onwards, and forwards, and seeing what could be done with it.

preferably without feeding off of Dave, that is.

I'll add my voice to the thank-you's unhesitatingly

Old 06-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #2573
Aleph-1
C O L L I D E R
Missing-nin

Aleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is LuminaryAleph-1 is Luminary

This place has a radio show? Damn, I had no idea.

Well, uh, I have two mash-ups on soundcloud if anyone's interested:

http://soundcloud.com/aleph-4

I'd be down for throwing down, I have a pretty extensive mp3 library.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #2574
destroy_musick
Salieri

I'm bring this back because I'm a greasy motherfucka

Old 11-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #2575
crazy monkey
Fuck, I'm Gonna Die Young
Examiner

crazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truthcrazy monkey is an honorable bastion of truth
Send a message via MSN to crazy monkey

this seems like fun i wanna try..... but it seems i cant download the edcast thing what others programs should i look at?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #2576
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

I can barely concentrate these days. But I WILL be doing this soon. Also, need to re-download Edcast again. *le sigh*

Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #2577
destroy_musick
Salieri

I personally use SAM Broadcaster. Much more broad and professional to use!

I've had a test run a couple of weeks ago so I'm good to start up a regular schedule at around Christmas time. At the moment Chris is the other DJ, but if you want to have a shot, just send me a PM and let me know the kind of shows/musical styles you'd like to cover. Me and Chris have the metal/alternative side usually covered (at least I assume so)

Old 12-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #2578
Catatonik
The Prophet in the Pit
Kage

I'm painfully inconsistent in what styles I run, but frankly, I am an absentee DJ at the moment. I can't get my shit together. Sad really.

Regardless, I encourage others to get involved.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #2579
o0oEnderIlleso0o
The Lungs of the Ocean
Examiner

o0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestialo0oEnderIlleso0o is Celestial
Send a message via AIM to o0oEnderIlleso0o Send a message via MSN to o0oEnderIlleso0o Send a message via Yahoo to o0oEnderIlleso0o

Ya'll are a bunch of slackers. You really need to get on this. >.< <3

Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #2580
Rion Sempai
Death By My Eyes
Genin

Rion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truthRion Sempai is an honorable bastion of truth
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy_musick View Post
HOW TO HOST A RADIO SHOW

(this tutorial is for Windows XP/Vista machines)

So, you want to be able to run a radio show, but don’t know how to? Well, I’ll provide some, hopefully, simple step by step tips on how to do so. First off, this tutorial will teach you using WINAMP and the associated plug-in, EDCAST. Both can be downloaded from the links at the end of this tutorial.

Once you have WINAMP installed, follow up by installing EDCAST. Once those two are on your PC, boot up WINAMP and then go to OPTIONS --> PREFERENCES. Then navigate down to the Plug-Ins tree and select DPS/EFFECTS. Once there, double click on EDCAST. This will bring up the streaming program and, hopefully, it will load up now every time you boot up WINAMP

Now you have everything set, you just need to know how to use the damn thing! This is a lot easier than it may seem. First thing is first, click ADD ENCODER on EDCAST. The options you set here are very important (and the key to hosting a show). If you are accepted to run a show, you’ll be sent the details to enter here. Until then, you will be left in the dark. This isn’t because I hate you, but because this isn’t my bandwidth, it was donated by an anonymous outsider whom I am good friends with. Because of this, we actually share the bandwidth with ANOTHER radio show from another community. That is why I can’t let everyone know the encoder password and stuff. Sorry

Ok, so now you’ve managed to get the details going, you should a new encoder come up with the status of DISCONNECTED. If everything was set up right, simply click CONNECT and you will be streaming whatever music is spewing out of your WINAMP at that time! Neat!

If you want to use a microphone for a full DJ set, then to cut the feed is simple. Simply find out if your microphone is a line in device or a USB device. Once this has been established, use the drop menu underneath the dB bars to find it. For example, mine is listed as MICROPHONE (SOUNDMAX INTERGRATED). Once you have selected your microphone, make sure the microphone logo to the left is NOT crossed out. If it is crossed out, your microphone feed won’t be going through.

What you can do to go back to the music from WINAMP is choose the drop down menu again for STEREO MIX. However, I find it just simple to turn off the microphone (by clicking the microphone button) and snap back to the music. This allows me to simply make one click to go back and forth the microphone.

That’s about it! If you wish to apply for a DJ spot, ASK ME!!

HOW TO LISTEN TO A RADIO SHOW

Technically you can use anything that plays music to run a .m3u file, however I find best results with WINAMP. For instance, WINAMP displays id3 tags. A little thing, I know, but I like it. So once you have a working media player, simply go to this address:

http://38.96.148.80:5592/radio.m3u

If there is a show running, your media player will begin playing whatever music is on at the time! Huzzah!

FOR THOSE WORRIED ABOUT THEIR INTERNET CONNECTION

To put it simply, you can always run an online flash test for your internet speed.

http://www.speedtest.net/

If you go to that site, you can test your speeds. Your upload speed is important! If it is NOT above 128kbs, you will not be able to host a radio show. You can above that, but if you’re only a margin above that, there may be a small amount of stuttering and puttering, so I advise closing anything that may be taking up your internet speeds.

Also, I do not advise using a wireless connection, unless your speeds are top notch. It can be jittery and cut out randomly, not all that good for a show. If you can, make it a wired connection.

LINKS

WINAMP

http://www.winamp.com/

EDCAST

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/

RADIO SHOW

http://38.96.148.80:5592/radio.m3u

IRC CHANNEL (mIRC REQUIRED)

irc://irc.rizon.net/musicdept

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=317673 (awesome IRC tutorial by DragonSlayer!)

CURRENT DJ TIMETABLE

MONDAY – FREE
TUESDAY – destroy_musick
WEDNESDAY – Dan_Hibiki
THURSDAY – Jove
FRIDAY – Altron
SATURDAY – Lamb
SUNDAY – Catatonik

NOTE FOR DJ’S

You are free to start a show whenever, as long as it does NOT conflict with a) another DJ or b) a planned timetable slot! If so, kindly move aside! That’s it! Have fun and enjoy!
Quick question, does it have to be fully about music, or whatever we want?

Closed Thread