Top 10 Favorite Basketball Manga? - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library

Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Lucifer
Banned
ANBU Captain

Lucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is LuminaryLucifer is Luminary
Default Top 10 Favorite Basketball Manga?

don't be mad at me...

01.) REAL
02.) Slam Dunk
03.) I'll
04.) Ahiru no Sora
05.) Cross Over
06.) Dear Boys Act II
07.) Harlem Beat
08.) Power!! aka. Girl Got Game
09.) Rebound
10.) Fight no Akatsuki

Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 03-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Lazlow
I believe you

Lazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is TranscendentLazlow is Transcendent

Oh my...

Then I guess mine would be:

Spoiler:
1. Slam Dunk
2. Slam Dunk
3. Slam Dunk
4. Slam Dunk
5. Slam Dunk
6. Slam Dunk
7. Slam Dunk
8. Slam Dunk
9. Slam Dunk
10. Slam Dunk

How many of those are scanlated btw?

Lazlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
SENTINEL
i'm the loin!

SENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is TranscendentSENTINEL is Transcendent

Real and SLAM DUNK are the main popular ones..so It's hard to rank them when not knowing of not having any ideas what the other ones are.

SENTINEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
delirium
thyme
Sammich

delirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareildelirium est le sans pareil

Wow.. I didn't even know there were that many. I only know of REAL, Slam Dunk, Ahiru no Sora and Rebound.

Slam Dunk takes the cakes though. Ahiru has potential. I wish scans would come out faster.

delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
Castiel
TENKA GOMEN

Castiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultraCastiel is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via AIM to Castiel Send a message via MSN to Castiel

Rebound and Harlem Beat are the same series

Castiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Dark Evangel
Kosmike Katastrophe
Legendary Ninja

Dark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is CelestialDark Evangel is Celestial

Slam Dunk and Dear Boys are the only ones I know.

Dark Evangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Arcanis
Sticky Fingers
ANBU Captain

Arcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is CelestialArcanis is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Arcanis

WTF who's read that many basketball manga?

Slam Dunk is enough. and maybe REAL.

Arcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
Edward Cullen
Nosferatu

Edward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is EternalEdward Cullen is Eternal

I only know of Slam Dunk and I didn't even read that. Or watch it.

Edward Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Audible Phonetics
#three 2 the dome
#narutofan crew > you

Audible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is Rapturous

Slam Dunk is by far the best.

Audible Phonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Agmaster
Master of Silver

Agmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is RapturousAgmaster is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to Agmaster Send a message via Skype™ to Agmaster

Never read slam dunk. But what's the one with the weak kid whose got mad passing skills and is the shadow to another's light? Haha, it's kinda slash bait but the girls haven't seem to catch on yet.

Agmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Bubyrd Ratcatcher
absolute Jushin
Legendary Ninja

Bubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is AscendantBubyrd Ratcatcher is Ascendant

I've only read Inoue's Real and Slam Dunk and them are both in my top 10 of all kind manga

Bubyrd Ratcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
Gallant
Phantom
Kage

Gallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is AscendantGallant is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agmaster View Post
Never read slam dunk. But what's the one with the weak kid whose got mad passing skills and is the shadow to another's light? Haha, it's kinda slash bait but the girls haven't seem to catch on yet.
Kuroko no Basket. It has potential but it needs to work on the supporting cast imo and not rely so heavily on the Generation of Miracles characters+Kagami.

That and the actual games could be longer and written better when not going up against a GoM opponent.

Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
The Imp
won the game of thrones

The Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is AscendantThe Imp is Ascendant

I've only read 2.

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Audible Phonetics
#three 2 the dome
#narutofan crew > you

Audible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is RapturousAudible Phonetics is Rapturous

Slam Dunk easily my top 10 manga in all genres

Audible Phonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
HugeGuy
ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ
Hokage

HugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareilHugeGuy est le sans pareil

I don't even read 10 basketball mangas.

HugeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
MakeEmum
...cause 7 annihilated 9
Elite Jounin

MakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faithMakeEmum is a guardian of the faith

i remember reading a few (probably 6 or 7) Volumes of Girl Got Game during my weekly trip to the Borders bookstore I thought it was pretty good, but that's all the Basketball manga I've read, almost surprise someone here can name (and probably read) 10 of them at least and have them ranked

MakeEmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #17
TalikX
Devil 4 Dimension!
Examiner

TalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of lightTalikX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lloyd View Post
I only know of Slam Dunk and I didn't even read that. Or watch it.
Your loss.

TalikX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
cookiewee
Academy Student

cookiewee is on a distinguished road

ei excuse me guys does anyone know the name of the manga where a guy was recruited into the basketball club in order for him to translate for the club's new american ace member? thx~

cookiewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
Akatora
Doesn't want a Custom Title
God of Shinobi

Akatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is AscendantAkatora is Ascendant

Given the interest in fictional basketball, might anyone be able to tell me the name of a cartoon i used to watch years ago

Was shown on K-Tv as far as i recall

was about dogs playing streetbasket and the good guys had a star player which was a grasshopper

Akatora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #20
Tranquil Fury
Unlimited Fruit Basket
Final Villain

Tranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is DivineTranquil Fury is Divine

Only know Slam Dunk which is one of my all time fav manga and anime. I'll give those others a try though, thanks.

Tranquil Fury is offline   Reply With Quote