The Asylum - Pairings Fans Welcome! - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > Fanclubs
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:31 AM   #1
Nick Soapdish
Because that's what he does
Jounin

Nick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is Transcendent
Default The Asylum - Pairings Fans Welcome!

EDIT: This place is an escape for pairing fans, but anyone is welcome.

The best known definition of asylum is probably that of the institutional sort. A place to keep the mentally ill. However, it also means a place of refuge or of sanctuary.

Both meanings are probably accurate for this thread.

Most of us have probably felt a bit frustrated about the various pairing debates at some point. People don't listen, posts get missed, tempers get high and the thread gets shut down. Again.

So we need a place where pairing fans can get away from the debate to cool our jets for a bit. We can go off the clock like Ralph and Sam and just have fun. It's not something that we can do in the fan clubs because they generally discourage too much off-topic stuff. Sometimes, it's better to just step away from the subject of pairings (or anything) and find a place to talk.

This is that place.

Fans of all pairings are welcome. It'll give everybody a chance to get to know each other better, but mostly it's just a place to chat. Here, the only thing that is off-topic is discussing pairings. It's been tried once before, but the thread got accidentally deleted so here it is again.

And maybe in the process, we can keep the pairing debate thread alive. Instead of like this ...

The Life of a Debate Thread:

I didn't make it so the spelling's not my fault.

Last edited by JJ; 10-21-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: putting notice
NarutoForums

Old 12-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
nightmistress
I'm with COCO
ANBU Captain

nightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendentnightmistress is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to nightmistress Send a message via MSN to nightmistress Send a message via Yahoo to nightmistress

Yay for discussing other things! I find that I don't really do the "pairing war" thing anymore with all the debating. After a while, I feel how I feel and just don't want to reiterate it 50 million times. I'm perfectly content finding other things to do with my time, and this place could be one of them!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
Heavens Wrath
Cry, scream, shout, and die!
ANBU Squad Leader

Heavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is Luminary

The fact that it's called the Asylum is kind of daunting

I'm done with the debate thread too. Well, I'm done posting everyday is probably what I should say.

I completed all my goals

Old 12-22-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
Chee
Haters Gonna Hate
God of Shinobi

Chee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareil

Are we all in straight-jacket in the asylum too?

Old 12-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
Nick Soapdish
Jounin

Nick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is TranscendentNick Soapdish is Transcendent

No.

But the walls are padded and the only silverware is spoons.

Last edited by Nick Soapdish; 12-22-2007 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:58 AM   #6
Chee
Haters Gonna Hate
God of Shinobi

Chee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareilChee est le sans pareil

Damnit!
I. Want. That. Straight-jacket.

Spoons are nice though.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
Heavens Wrath
ANBU Squad Leader

Heavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is LuminaryHeavens Wrath is Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
No.

But the walls are padded and the only silverware is spoons.
Padded walls kick ass!

Not that I would know personally, of course

Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #8
Chee
Haters Gonna Hate
God of Shinobi

I prefer the bounce arounds. Padded and full of air.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:01 AM   #9
Darkhope
私がついてる

Darkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via MSN to Darkhope Send a message via Skype™ to Darkhope

Good to have a fresh start! Hopefully this will ease the debates once again. I'd love to get to know everyone better.

Thanks for writing this up, Nick. I was going to ask you about it today... but you beat me to it. Damn you.

And lol @ the comic!

-

I'm Darkhope - aka: Rie. Real name: Marie. FEMALE. User names can be deceiving.

Discussion of pairings is "off topic" - but we should state the ones we LIKE at least. Like last time.

My pairings be Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura. They are the main. I also support Neji/Tenten and Shikamaru/Temari. I don't mind Shikamaru/Ino and Sai/Sakura either.

I live in New York, and proud. *has an ego when it comes to where she lives* >D

I love pizza and pasta. Yeah, I'm Italian. (and have no pride) But I hate tomatoes and fish. Nasty stuff. o_o;

Winter is probably my favorite season because I love how pretty snow looks. Spring, admittedly, has the best weather up here. Not hot, not cold.

Uh. That's all for now.

I hope peebs is surprised. <3

Old 12-22-2007, 03:02 AM   #10
Nick Soapdish
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee View Post
Damnit!
I. Want. That. Straight-jacket.

Spoons are nice though.
I just said that we weren't all in them. Some "guests" get them.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #11
Chee
Haters Gonna Hate
God of Shinobi

Am I a guest?

I am Chee - real name is Danielle. My main pairings are NaruSaku, KibaHina and LeeTen.
I'm 15 years old and I live in Arizona. I love drawing and film. I love spaghetti and southern food.
I love summer. That's when my birthday is.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:07 AM   #12
Darkhope
私がついてる

Darkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultraDarkhope is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee View Post
Am I a guest?

I am Chee - real name is Danielle. My main pairings are NaruSaku, KibaHina and LeeTen.
I'm 15 years old and I live in Arizona. I love drawing and film. I love spaghetti and southern food.
I love summer. That's when my birthday is.
I like your name! ^^

Arizona... I know some people who live there. I think I'd melt. xD

Old 12-22-2007, 03:11 AM   #13
Heavens Wrath
ANBU Squad Leader

Oh, introductions then.

Heavens Wrath (), although people that know me actually call me Tim. Those deceitful dogs

I'm a male. My user name seems pretty male-like to me. However, people have gaffaw'ed when I say I'm a guy. My guess is Avatars/Signatures.

Love NaruSaku. I also support ShikaTema and ChouIno, although not on these forums.

I technically live in Raleigh, NC, but can be in Jacksonville, NC during breaks.

Hamburgers will always be my favorite food. Along with enchiladas. I'm partially Mexican, but don't speak fluent (or almost any) Spanish (I'm a horrible Mexican ).

I've always loved summer. Great weather and no classes. And after especially crappy school years, it's like an automatic reset button.

I should probably mention that I'm a college student. I attend North Carolina State University (same conference as Nick ) and am majoring in Computer Engineering. I'll be a junior with about two more years left after May, to get my Master's.

Suppose that's all.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #14
Nick Soapdish
Jounin

Glad you liked the comic, Rie. When I saw it, I couldn't help but think of us guys.

Since it's come up a few times in the NaruSaku thread (my main love, but I'm also a big fan of NejiHina), I like football and you'll probably catch me bringing it up a few times in here.

My favorite teams are the Minnesota Vikings (in the pros) and FSU Seminoles in college.

Last edited by Nick Soapdish; 12-22-2007 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #15
Heavens Wrath
ANBU Squad Leader

Quote:
My favorite teams are the Minnesota Vikings (in the pros) and FSU Seminoles in college.
Down with the Vikings!

And FSU too! Ok, I meant that one, like I said, I'm from the Wolfpack

Although I like the 49ers (LOL9ERS) and technically, like Michigan in college.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:19 AM   #16
Hyuuga Hinata
HomicidalGrape

Hyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is LuminaryHyuuga Hinata is Luminary

Interesting and great idea! <3 Nice opening post, Nick S.

I'm Hyuuga Hinata... also known as Nicole. I adore NaruHina. I like SasuSaku and NejiTen. I'm rather lazy and a procrastinator... love the summer and hate the winter. <3

Nice to meet you all outside of the debates.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:21 AM   #17
Nick Soapdish
Jounin

In the interest of full disclosure, it wasn't my idea. It's peebs' (phoenixblood).

She opened up the last one, but as I said, it was accidentally deleted.

I'm also a procrastinator so that's why it took so long to open up a new one.

Last edited by Nick Soapdish; 12-22-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:25 AM   #18
Darkhope
私がついてる

HH! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens Wrath View Post
I technically live in Raleigh, NC, but can be in Jacksonville, NC during breaks.
NC sucks in general.

LOL just kidding!! ^____^

You know, I be a YANKEE. You be a red- *ahem* southerner.

BUT WE CAN STILL GET ALONG, YO!

Quote:
I should probably mention that I'm a college student. I attend North Carolina State University (same conference as Nick ) and am majoring in Computer Engineering. I'll be a junior with about two more years left after May, to get my Master's.

Suppose that's all.
Engineering? That requies a great deal of math.

Interesting though. ^^

Quote:
Glad you liked the comic, Rie. When I saw it, I couldn't help but think of us guys.

Since it's come up a few times in the NaruSaku thread (my main love, but I'm also a big fan of NejiHina), I like football and you'll probably catch me bringing it up a few times in here.

You mean us debaters. I ain't no guy.

Well... you know my stance on football. We've gone over this on MSN. I hate football. But good luck to your team! I'm a baseball fan. ;)

EDIT:

Tim has come.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #19
Nick Soapdish
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhope View Post
You mean us debaters. I ain't no guy.
I use "guys" as a generic for people.

I think that gals fell out of favor a century ago as a casual term for women and girls seems to get less and less desirable as a label as the subject gets older.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
Heavens Wrath
ANBU Squad Leader

Quote:
I'm also a procrastinator so that's why it took so long to open up a new one.
Sounds like my motto

Closed Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: