Remember the 40yr old coach who married his 16yr old student? They're back... - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Downtown Konoha > The NF Café

Old 08-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
KazeTsukai
Shinobi no Sabaku
Genin

KazeTsukai is a splendid one to beholdKazeTsukai is a splendid one to beholdKazeTsukai is a splendid one to beholdKazeTsukai is a splendid one to beholdKazeTsukai is a splendid one to beholdKazeTsukai is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to KazeTsukai Send a message via MSN to KazeTsukai Send a message via Yahoo to KazeTsukai
Default Remember the 40yr old coach who married his 16yr old student? They're back...

Quote:
Bolivia | Sporting a dress shirt and his wedding ring, 40-year-old Brenton Wuchae sat next to his jeans-clad teenage wife in a Brunswick County courtroom. A few rows behind them, her parents sat silently alongside their attorney.

While in the county courthouse, Dennis and Betty Hager did not exchange a word with their daughter, now known as Windy Wuchae. The 16-year-old had filed a claim to get back several items her parents kept when she moved out, including a Beanie Babies collection valued at $300. She failed.

Minutes into the hearing Wednesday morning, Magistrate Deborah Ramphal dismissed the case, telling the Wuchaes they had the right to appeal. The Wuchaes and Hagers, who all live in Oak Island, then left as quietly as they had arrived, refusing to talk to reporters.

"The case was dismissed as a matter of law because all of the items belong to her parents," the Hagers' attorney, Robert Tatum, said after the hearing.

The Wuchaes chose to represent themselves, turning down the magistrate's recommendation that they use an attorney. Wuchae, who went from coaching Windy at South Brunswick High School to becoming her friend and then husband over the course of several months, remained by her side throughout the hearing. He showed the magistrate receipts, along with pictures of her holding a freshly caught fish and the same fish mounted and hung on a wall.

Wuchae said Windy's father had paid $500, and he chipped in $22 to have the fish mounted for her as a birthday present.

"A gift is the intention of the giver at that time," Wuchae said.

Windy wanted the mounted fish back, along with her stuffed animals, a sculpture and a PlayStation game system, a total value of $1,072.50. She had been collecting the Beanie Babies, gifts from her parents and friends, for the past four years, she told the magistrate. She said she tried to get the items from her parents outside of court but couldn't.

Tatum said case law establishes that a minor's property and earnings belong to the minor's parents if obtained before emancipation. That was the case with Windy, since she was given all her gifts before getting married, he said.

And with that, the magistrate dismissed the case.

"They're having a rough time," Tatum said of the Hagers. "They didn't want to be here today, but they were afraid the items wouldn't be available to her later on, that they (the Wuchaes) might sell the items."

Dennis Hager has said Windy is welcome back home - without her husband - and that he hopes she will return.

Tatum said the Hagers have seen their daughter a few times since they signed a consent form allowing her to marry Wuchae two months ago. The Hagers have said they decided to give in only after trying long and hard to keep Windy away from Wuchae and not succeeding, their daughter having come to hate them.

But despite the tension with the Hagers and the massive publicity their marriage has generated, the Wuchaes have remained local. They live less than two miles from the Hager residence in Oak Island.

They also work together now. Chuck Oswalt, assistant manager at Oak Island's Food Lion, confirmed Wednesday that both are employed at the grocery store.

Wuchae resigned from his job as teacher and coach for Brunswick County Schools on June 18, the same day he married Windy. After also dealing with its own share of negative publicity, the county school system revealed it had given Wuchae a choice to resign or be fired after he disobeyed a directive to stay away from Windy.

The Hagers, who once allowed Wuchae to hang out with Windy, had gone to the police and school officials with phone bills showing e-mail and late-night text messages being exchanged by the coach and their daughter.

But school officials had earlier said lack of evidence kept the coach from being fired; instead, he was suspended with pay on May 3, standard procedure for cases under investigation.

"A phone bill - is that not written evidence?" Dennis Hager said in June. "What kind of evidence did they need?"

Like Windy, the Hagers have sought legal action, but against the school system.

They sued the county's Board of Education on July 10, accusing officials of failing to discipline the coach and keep him away from their daughter.

Days later, they filed a similar lawsuit against the coach's previous employer, the Guilford County Board of Education, claiming it knew of the coach's inappropriate conduct with female students and still kept him employed.

The school boards have yet to file responses to the lawsuits, which seek monetary compensation in excess of $10,000 for each count of causing "emotional pain and suffering" and "willful and wanton conduct."
http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/articl...NEWS/708160446

i guess those beanie babies are really important

anyway i still don't get why the parents consented to them getting married if they didn't want them to

KazeTsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 08-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Robotkiller
Still alive
Super Murderator

Robotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultraRobotkiller is the ne plus ultra
Send a message via Skype™ to Robotkiller

Your entire personality changes from the ages of 18-21. The marriage is almost guaranteed to fail in my eyes.

Robotkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
krickitat
I am the Night, I am CATMAN!
S-Class Missing-nin

krickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to krickitat Send a message via MSN to krickitat Send a message via Yahoo to krickitat

i agree

she wants that stuff back now but her parents arent denying its hers just that they are keeping it in trust for her

they should never have signed the consent for girls her age think they know what they want but they dont

krickitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Zhongda
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

Zhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is CelestialZhongda is Celestial

She looks older than 16... well developed.

Zhongda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Halcyon Dreamz
† D R E A M Z † バッザ
Elite Jounin

Halcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is CelestialHalcyon Dreamz is Celestial

Seeing the pic, I just thought that they were just a normal dad and daughter combo

Halcyon Dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
Payapaya
ANBU Captain

Payapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is LuminaryPayapaya is Luminary

Well yea it will probably fail, though it might not. If it does she will probably regret it for the rest of her life.

Though I seriously hope the girl is still going to school.

Payapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
Hio
(_)===D~~ ???
Elite Jounin

Hio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faithHio is a guardian of the faith

It will fail i think

Hio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Denji
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Hokage

Denji has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Denji Send a message via MSN to Denji

These two again? I'm getting sick of them.

Denji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
krickitat
S-Class Missing-nin

krickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendentkrickitat is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to krickitat Send a message via MSN to krickitat Send a message via Yahoo to krickitat

he is a teacher!
he can teach her whatever she needs to know

english
geometry
lessons of love

Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
Solid Snake
Friendship is Solid
Missing-nin

Solid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faithSolid Snake is a guardian of the faith

Living with someone under the same roof is different than when you just know them as a friend.

I wouldn't worry too much, she'll get a reality check soon.

Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
Purgatory
Banned
God of Shinobi

Purgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is CelestialPurgatory is Celestial
Send a message via AIM to Purgatory Send a message via MSN to Purgatory

Eugh...it'll definitely fail since she look-a-like-a man.

Purgatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #12
Tash
U Turn
Hokage

Tash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is TranscendentTash is Transcendent

I wonder what the husbands reaction is gonna be when she wants a divorce.

Tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
T4R0K
Searching for a custom title
Jinchuuriki

T4R0K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazeTsukai View Post
anyway i still don't get why the parents consented to them getting married if they didn't want them to
I guess it is the same as my grand parents and my mom "Heh, wanna get married ? Go ahead, and don't come back crying because we didn't warn you !"

My mom got married at 16 with my 25 year old dad. He was a wife beater and a bad male example for me and big bro.

T4R0K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #14
Diamed
seeker of the ineffable flame
Jounin

Diamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hope
Send a message via AIM to Diamed

In the past girls generally married at that age, commonly with men that age, and the marriages worked fine. Girls divorce not because of their age, but because they're taught by people like you that it's okay and they should over every little thing. The consequences continue to escalate and destroy this civilization.

Diamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #15
Jaga
King of the Jungle
Elite Jounin

Jaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is CelestialJaga is Celestial

that guy looks like her father... not her husband

Jaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
krickitat
S-Class Missing-nin

my god i dont believe in divorce but thank GOD i didnt marry the guy i was in love with at 16

he was an internet predator and he was about fifty even though he told me he was 25

maybe you should think about that
i say the guy was grooming here and that he will divorce her because he only likes young girls and once she gets olderand/or has a baby he isnt going to be attracted to her any more

and remember that most people who married when it was common to marry at 16 didnt do it for "love" they did it for money or politics or familthey worked it out because they had to.

now men or women who marry someone so much younger do it because thats what they are attaracted to
when was the last time you had a longer convo with someone under 17?

im sorry but most of them are idiots especaially the girls and its not them its their age. i know some of you are that age or younger and your gunna tell me "like OMG allllllll my friends and my 21 yr old boyfriend tell me how smart and mature i am and how i dont sound like im 16 AT ALZ"

and i am going to tell you that in ten years your going to look back and say "OMG i was such an idiot at that age....thank god i didnt marry my 21 yr old boyfriend"

no one ever looks back at high school nd remembers how smart and funny and mature they were....thats not how it works

Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #17
Yakushi Kabuto
Socks Activate! Shape of a
Super Mutilator

Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via AIM to Yakushi Kabuto

Why are they bothering to keep the items away from her? It isn't like things like her beanie baby collect are going to make their daughter leave her husband and return home. All it is doing is making the process more unbearable for all involved.

Yakushi Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #18
krickitat
S-Class Missing-nin

no they said they dont want her to sell something so precious to her for money
or have him talk her into it for money

both of them work at a grocery store they have to be pretty strapped

Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #19
Diamed
seeker of the ineffable flame
Jounin

Diamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hopeDiamed is a paragon of hope
Send a message via AIM to Diamed

If there's a will there's a way. Marrying for love is overrated. Real marriage is based on blind, driven commitment that just doesn't care when/if it sucks. That's why arranged marriages have a hugely higher success rate. Your guy lied to you and is therefore a bad example. But imagine if you were sixteen and married, couldn't you have been careful to NOT change and AVOID changing so that you could stay compatible? Surely you have a choice in how your love matures and develops. Every girl has a choice how she keeps her living love alight.

Diamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #20
krickitat
S-Class Missing-nin

arranged marriages worked alot because they felt no commitment to each other except to to publicly embarrass each other.
marriage is also about compromise but compromise isnt refusing to change but changing in a way that makes you closer to one another.

so he doesnt like it when i talk on my cell phone and drive?
make him drive and i still talk on my cell phone

i changed but i compromised