• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 05-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
Anki Rendan
ポケモントレーナー/Pokémon Trainer
ANBU Squad Leader

Anki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is Luminary
Default "Hinata will be defensive. Kishimoto said this in an interview."

I'm guessing this is the right forum to ask for this sort of thing, but so many people have said Kishimoto was discussing Neji and Hinata's areas of expertise; Neji being offensive and Hinata being defensive. I'd like to see this interview. I've read many interviews and not once have I ever seen Kishimoto mention this. I want to see proof, because I'm really tired of seeing this in discussion without proof. Does anybody have this "interview"?

NarutoForums

Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
AmiChi
Deidara is <3 ! Unn.
Chuunin

AmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faithAmiChi is a guardian of the faith

^Yet another sad proof that some people fail to tell canon from fanon apart .

And no, I don't remember this interview but Hinata is a girl and secondary character and therefore she won't do much fighting in this arc if you ask me.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
Jonas
Banned
Legendary Ninja

Jonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is RapturousJonas is Rapturous

i also had an interview with Kishi.. and I asked him ...

Jonas: "Kishi, what purpose will Hinata serve? I mean, they're going after Itachi after all, !"

KishimotO: "Very good question my friend. She will, as she always has, be useless. She might give us a stutter here and there, and I have upgraded how she pokes her fingers. Now it's not only two fingers where each finger is poking at each other, but 2 fingers each! That's 4 fingers!"

Jonas: "SuuugoooooooI!"

Old 05-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
Nikitaa
destruir para crear
Missing-nin

Nikitaa has disabled reputation

Defensive = not Offensive = Doing nothing.

Further explanation: Hinata will just watch the following fights and only some very little panels with her expressions saying "Naruto.." or "What?" will be dedicated to her.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
Bender
Banned

Bender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareilBender est le sans pareil
Send a message via AIM to Bender Send a message via Yahoo to Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

Jonas: "Kishi, what purpose will Hinata serve? I mean, they're going after Itachi after all, !"

KishimotO: "Very good question my friend. She will, as she always has, be useless. She might give us a stutter here and there, and I have upgraded how she pokes her fingers. Now it's not only two fingers where each finger is poking at each other, but 2 fingers each! That's 4 fingers!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-less

Further explanation: Hinata will just watch the following fights and only some very little panels with her expressions saying "Naruto.." or "What?" will be dedicated to her.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Anki Rendan
ポケモントレーナー/Pokémon Trainer
ANBU Squad Leader

Anki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is LuminaryAnki Rendan is Luminary

Haha, awesome interview Jonas. XD But I'm still waiting for that supposed interview. =p And cool it on the flames, guys. I just want an answer from people who keep claiming this interview actually exists.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
Splintered
Advisor

Splintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultraSplintered is the ne plus ultra

I've never heard of any interview like this so I doubt it exists.

Maybe they are mixing up the *first databook and misinformation. In one of the translated pages where it describes the teams, it says that Hinata acts as a support for the team. But no where does it say defense or mention Neji, except for the description of his own team.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
Seto Kaiba
God Hand Crusher
Sith Lord

Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Seto Kaiba broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!

I've also heard that claim, but I too have never seen an actual interview with Kishi stating that.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #9
Jinchuriki-san
Jinchuuriki
Kage

Jinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-less View Post
Being all-out offensive will just get you hurt or killed. The best offense is a good defense. Even if Hinata = Defensive were true, you CAN attack in order to defend. Thats a basic strategy of combat.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
KillerGiraffe
The Girraffe wills it-
ANBU Recruit

KillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big oneKillerGiraffe smokes the big one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

You're so awesome, you know that?

But I think Hinata will be a defensive/agressive fighter.

It seems people think defense is defense and offense is offense, but what people need to realize is that a good defense is the BEST offense. The anime is using the fillers as a base, so we know that Hianta has trained with her defensive style, so it's obviouse that it's turnning out like that, but honestly I can't see her with all the improvment she has been striving for to simply be a wall of protection and uslessness... I can see her kickin some ass, but then again I may be wrong too.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
jhin22
Yellow Flash of Konoa
Rookie

jhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to beholdjhin22 is a splendid one to behold

Defense wins championships LOL

Old 05-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
Link
Courage
Elite Jounin

Link is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faithLink is a guardian of the faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchuriki-san View Post
Being all-out offensive will just get you hurt or killed. The best offense is a good defense. Even if Hinata = Defensive were true, you CAN attack in order to defend. Thats a basic strategy of combat.
What are you talking about?!
What basic combat are you talking about? The best defense is a completely overwhelming offense. Combining suprise, skill, timing, and speed to defeat the enemy. What you are talking about is a football team, not ninja.
And, yes, Hinata will be useless.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
Jinchuriki-san
Jinchuuriki
Kage

Jinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is CelestialJinchuriki-san is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
What are you talking about?!
What basic combat are you talking about? The best defense is a completely overwhelming offense. Combining suprise, skill, timing, and speed to defeat the enemy. What you are talking about is a football team, not ninja.
And, yes, Hinata will be useless.
I said "basic strategy of combat". Its not a rule, but something good strategists can plan to insure their domination on the battlefield.

The Jyuken can allow a Hyuga to exert chakra for defensive and offensive manuevers, right (kaiten, Hinata's filler move)? Dammit, Link, this thread is about one person. Of course Im not talking about THAT legendary football team, The Konoha Ninjas! Im just using that good saying "A good defense is the best offense" to support Hinata IF her being defensive was true. Use common sense

Last edited by Jinchuriki-san; 05-27-2007 at 09:26 PM.