• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Sanitation > Konoha Recycling Heap > NF Archives > Konoha Library Archives

Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
leafoutlines
Academy Student

leafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the rough
Default The Rope Around Sasuke's Waist...

This has been bothering me for a while, and I thought I'd just ask and see what other people thought.

Sasuke's new outfit has him wearing a thick rope around his waist, to hold up what seems to be a kind of an extra skirt (I say extra since he is already wearing long pants).

As far we know, Sasuke's abilities don't involve ropes or hiding things under skirts (he's not a puppeteer or something, for example... and although I guess he could have kunais under there, Naruto is able to hide kunais in his tracksuit).

Big thick ropes don't really make good belts, especially ones that are bow-tied like Sasuke's, and are probably uncomfortable to move around in.

So do you think Sasuke's rope and skirt serve any purpose, or are they just there for decorative flourish? I don't really mind aesthetics for the sake of aesthetics, but every time I see Sasuke a part of me worries that his clothes will fall off.

NarutoForums

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Seany
Banned
Kage

Seany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is TranscendentSeany is Transcendent

It's just a traditional outfit.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
ViЯaL
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Special Jounin

ViЯaL has disabled reputation

Its to show his alliance to Oro. Everyone wears it except the sound trio, experiments, and Kabuto

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Distracted
Spero melior
Super ModeratorAdvisor

Distracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultraDistracted is the ne plus ultra

They are the uniform of the Sound nin.

For lack of a better reason and not having sources of truth near by (Midomaru, Ackwell, or Kishimoto) I will say that they serve to distinguish themselves from other ninja.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
pavister
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Examiner

pavister has disabled reputation

the 'skirt' is probably an extra shirt
in fact, it better be an extra shirt
cause in part 2, when we see sasuke in silhoutte, we see him with a a giant collar around his neck, like in part 1, but when we saw him in the light, he had no such collar

Old 04-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Dre
Hell Up

Dre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is CelestialDre is Celestial

Every one with a CS has to wear that rope belt thing i guess.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Mecha Wolf
Nature Meets Kick Ass
Missing-nin

Mecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truthMecha Wolf is an honorable bastion of truth

It's the Sound's outfit or whatever. Purple because it's the color of royalty, and Oro really thinks highly of himself. And Rope because...he likes bondage.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Canute87
Bomb Ahead

Canute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is EternalCanute87 is Eternal

Orochiamru is old school he doesn't believe in belts and buttons.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Divinstrosity
Itachi: God Of The Gods.
Hokage

Divinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is RapturousDivinstrosity is Rapturous

It actually kind of looks cool on him now. I only have problems with Sasuke when he turns into a bat. That's always a low-point in the manga...

Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
Halcyon Days
Kazekage Lee
S-Class Missing-nin

Halcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faithHalcyon Days is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via MSN to Halcyon Days Send a message via Yahoo to Halcyon Days

the rope is something that shows that he was in league with orochimaru, or maybe a follower. all of orochimaru's pawns or soldiers wore the same belt.kidomaru, kimimmaro, etc....everyone except kabuto

Old 04-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
mariobro
Ahh. What a drag...
Academy Teacher

mariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant futuremariobro has a brilliant future

Yeah its like the outfit for a promoted Sound Nin. Thats what I think.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #12
leafoutlines
Academy Student

leafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the roughleafoutlines is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the answers!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #13
KaitenV
Age of Truth and Pride
Special Jounin

KaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hopeKaitenV is a paragon of hope

There are no belts in Naruto, and he thinks Jumpsuits are gay.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #14
Hagen
Kriemhild = vijand nummer 1

Hagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is CelestialHagen is Celestial

Probably to perform some rope-no-jutsus, like Paulie from One piece

Old 04-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #15
Yakushi Kabuto
Socks Activate! Shape of a
Super Mutilator

Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Yakushi Kabuto broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via AIM to Yakushi Kabuto

I always kind of thought he would change his outfit now that he is no longer learning from Orochimaru. I'm still waiting, I think the look is still a little silly. ^^;

Old 04-07-2007, 12:36 AM   #16
zagman505
Shakou, Hitsuki!
Jounin

zagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminaryzagman505 is Luminary
Send a message via MSN to zagman505

i used to think that he had more of a robe-ish outfit like orochimaru's that would have looked much cooler than being partially undressed the whole time, but since he's been walking around like that the whole time, guess not. >_< and i really hate it when he goes CS2 mode too... at the very very least, why couldn't kishi have given him better looking wings?? and maybe not change his face like that. he could have looked so much cooler in CS2 mode, maybe with like black angel wings or something, but nooo, kishi has to give him freaking duck feet for wings.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #17
moonwalkerwiz
Driven by Infinite Boredom
Jounin

moonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truthmoonwalkerwiz is an honorable bastion of truth
Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinstrosity View Post
It actually kind of looks cool on him now. I only have problems with Sasuke when he turns into a bat. That's always a low-point in the manga...
lol. He's the only one that looks pathetic in second form.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 AM   #18
The_Light
Woooooosh
Jounin

The_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is LuminaryThe_Light is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to The_Light Send a message via MSN to The_Light

he wears it to show his pimpness

Old 04-07-2007, 02:39 AM   #19
Bya Bya
Sasgay &amp;amp;lt;3
ANBU Captain

Bya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is RapturousBya Bya is Rapturous

I think it's like a warmer top wrapped around his hips(incase it gets cold or something). And he holds it in place with a purple "Oro-style" rope. His clothes are very traditional, even that rope-belt is. I think it looks good on him.

Other thought is that he wears that top around his hips to hide his boner incase Naruto will come to rescue him again. XD

Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 AM   #20
kataimiko
忘れるものか この一分一秒を
Elite Jounin

kataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturouskataimiko is Rapturous
Send a message via AIM to kataimiko

it appears to be an outer jacket that is hanging around Sasuke's waist because he refuses to wear it properly.