Computer parts/building computers/pc stuff... - Page 5 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Konoha Mall > Tech Hub
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:01 AM   #81
Up In FlameZ♥
^^;
ANBU Squad Leader

Up In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via MSN to Up In FlameZ♥

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 e6600
RAM - 2 GB Corsair XMS
Mobo - ....still not sure about
Video Card - this is the one u were talking about star?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130082
Case - ?
Heatsink - ?
Power Supply - ?
Fan - ?

i think thats all of it. Also how many fans should i have? My friend said if i was getting the 8800 GTS i would need more than 1 fan.

NarutoForums

Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 AM   #82
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

staradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestial

well, it depends on the case. if u have great airflow, then u dont need many fans. also, if im correct, the 8800s have good cooling systems. they direct the air straight out thru the back.

yeah that's the one. though if u want to overclock, supposedly (dont count on me on this) i was reading steampowered forums and ppl were saying overclocking is covered under XFX's warranty and that its lifetime. i have no idea but if that's the case, i'd go XFX. but yes, that's the card.

heatsink? ooo, theres a really nice one from thermalright but like i said, it all depends on your case. if u pick a nice case or something, i can pick out a nice heatsink.

powersupply? make sure its at least 600W and it has at least 30amps going out on the 12V rails. the one im getting has 4 12V rails with 18amps on each so a total of 72amps. though its not 100% efficient so i'll prob get like 60amps. that's gonna cost more than my case.

fans, depends which case and which heat sink you have. i prefer low noise computers so my advice is to buy a passive heatsink, and then buy another fan to hook up to the heat sink.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 AM   #83
Up In FlameZ♥
^^;
ANBU Squad Leader

Up In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faithUp In FlameZ♥ is a guardian of the faith

just wondering what's north bridge and south bridge?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #84
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

staradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestialstaradderdragoon is Celestial

This pic sums it up perfectly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Northsouthbridge.png

but to elaborate. you need a good northbridge for everything. Southbridge connects to the CPU thru northbridge so if the northbride sucks, then everything else will suck. you also know how people overclock and stuff? well the thing that people always forget to cool is the northbridge. that thing determines the max speed and how stable your computer is when overclocked. thats how tomshardware was able to get a 5.25ghz cpu out of an old p4. they poured liquid nitrogen on the cpu and used a vapochill on the northbridge.

you know how u usually see 2 heatsinks, or i mean one for the cpu and one already there? that's the northbridge. the south bridge, i dont even know where it is....lol. i think its another big chip but it doesnt get hot since it doesnt deal with voltage...im not 100% sure.

this article is somewhat accurate if u want to know more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northbr...28computing%29

Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #85
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

new stuff on HD 2900XT!
http://dailytech.com/ATI+Radeon+HD+2...rticle7043.htm

Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #86
_Byakuya_
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Academy Teacher

_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light_Byakuya_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by staradderdragoon View Post
Looks awesome, I never used an ATI video card, but I think I will shortly
Anyways, I've a question, I know it's probably a stupid question, but I know very little about ATI stuff. =\
Anyways, here's the question: I currently have a mobo that has nvidia sli capabilities, but if I were to go ATI, would I be able to crossfire or would I need a different mobo?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:09 PM   #87
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

um. well supposedly you cant. now an intel board has both SLi and CF capabilities if im correct (that's one reason why they're so damn expensive) but like a 680i mobo, i dont think crossfire is possible. i know an ATI card will work ona 680i mobo (quite well actually) but ive heard if its not a 100% compatible chipset, then u cant use all features, multiple GPU's being one of those features.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #88
HOOfan_1
Kwisatz Haderach
ANBU Captain

HOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faith

as I understand it Intel mobos are not SLi capable...nforce mobos are not crossfire capable

Last edited by HOOfan_1; 04-24-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #89
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

ok. i wasnt sure cause the only ATI chipset that supported CF was like the 3200 express or something. i'll look into it but as of now, we'll say intel is CF and nforce or 6xxi is SLi.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #90
HOOfan_1
Kwisatz Haderach
ANBU Captain

HOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faithHOOfan_1 is a guardian of the faith

I am not 100% sure...but at least 80% sure...as for intel making the only crossfire boards...I don't know. To me both SLi and Crossfire are gimmicks and neither gives a decent cost-performance benefit...but from what I have read Crossfire is absolutely useless.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #91
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

well its not entirely useless. like the gain in performance is about 50-75% i think. i know intel and DFI both make CF compatible boards. both Crossfire and Sli have their merits thats for sure. but the performance gain is about the same for both.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #92
HOOfan_1
Kwisatz Haderach
ANBU Captain

Since I consider the framerates SLi is capable of overkill, the only reason to get Sli is either A)bragging rights or b)Longevity...in my experience if you get a single top of the line card then it will give you great framerates (AKA not overkill like SLi) on most games up to the point where you will probably want to buy a next gen card anyway because new Shader Models and DX effects have come out so the longevity card can be thrown out because even if SLi is giving you better framerates than a single last gen card, it won't be capable of the newer effects.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #93
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

well SLI was good when ppl were playing at 1600x1200. now that the 8800GTX does the same as SLI, it doesnt matter. though for oblivion indoors, thats where SLI for the GTX's would come in handy.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #94
Up In FlameZ♥
^^;
ANBU Squad Leader

hey star, about the fan and the heatsink, i was looking at the Core Duo and it said it came with it. Should i just use those or get different ones?

Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM   #95
Ssj3_Goku
Hey dood!
God of Shinobi

Ssj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via MSN to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via Yahoo to Ssj3_Goku

for the cost of SLI and corss fire I agree its not that great especially in some games.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #96
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up In FlameZ♥ View Post
hey star, about the fan and the heatsink, i was looking at the Core Duo and it said it came with it. Should i just use those or get different ones?
they're fine for running stock but they get kinda loud after a while. i'd get a different one, like a giant passive one and you can pick out your own fan. that way, you'd get good cooling and a quiet system. i dont like it when my computer sounds like a jet engine...

Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #97
Vegitto-kun
HOMUHOMUHOMU
God of Shinobi

Vegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is ElysianVegitto-kun is Elysian
Send a message via MSN to Vegitto-kun

Question, is there a way to know every single detail of my computer, like ports and shit

Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #98
HOOfan_1
Kwisatz Haderach
ANBU Captain

Doesn't look too good for the Radeon HD 2900 XTX Staradderdragon

http://www.dailytech.com/ATI+Radeon+...rticle7052.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
Question, is there a way to know every single detail of my computer, like ports and shit
do you mean like interfaces like USB or software communication ports?

Last edited by HOOfan_1; 04-26-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #99
staradderdragoon
is owning at being a
Legendary Ninja

oh i know. something wrong with the GDDR4. i dont know whats going on but that's the problem....hopefully they'll revise it and put in a new core instead of R600.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #100
Ssj3_Goku
Hey dood!
God of Shinobi

Ssj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is ElysianSsj3_Goku is Elysian
Send a message via AIM to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via MSN to Ssj3_Goku Send a message via Yahoo to Ssj3_Goku

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...=556140&page=4

some good posts about those scores that been released..

plus the test where only on 120XX by 10XX resolution I mean normally ATI cards perform much better on higher res.

Closed Thread