Berserk Discussion Thread - Page 3 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #41
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

Axass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is Ascendant

Chapter wise we're already at volume 29. Anyway the Hawks are SLOW they wait for the volumes to come out, go here: http://forum.digitalpanic.net/index.php?showforum=30

Their IRC channel (IRChighway server) is: #[evil_genius]

They release scanlations as soon as the new chapters come out, it's also a good forum.
I woldn't mind a little rep >_>

Last edited by Axass; 02-01-2005 at 01:21 AM.
NarutoForums

Old 01-30-2005, 09:46 PM   #42
Deadly Venom #5
No Brows
Academy Student

Deadly Venom #5 has a spectacular aura aboutDeadly Venom #5 has a spectacular aura aboutDeadly Venom #5 has a spectacular aura about

Hey, what chapter does vol 28 start with? Repped.

EDIT: Never mind, found my vol 27, so 28 starts at 237

Last edited by Deadly Venom #5; 01-30-2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Rebooted brain
Old 01-31-2005, 08:13 AM   #43
Mithrandil
-|IFK Kyokushinkai Blackbelt|-
Rookie

Mithrandil has a spectacular aura aboutMithrandil has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Mithrandil

Does the anime skip all those Hentai like parts??? Cause they can become pretty rough ;)

Old 01-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #44
Code
Zoamelgustar
#narutofan crew > you

Code is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is Transcendent

They're currently only 27 Volumes out as already been said but the manga is up to chapter 249 I think which should be in it's 29th Volume.

Berserk is bi-weekly right?

Old 02-01-2005, 01:17 AM   #45
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

Axass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is AscendantAxass is Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code
They're currently only 27 Volumes out as already been said but the manga is up to chapter 249 I think which should be in it's 29th Volume.

Berserk is bi-weekly right?
Yes it is. But Miura took a break during the whole summer and the whole December/January. He's slow.

BTW - The [Evil Genius] group which scanlates it is now here: http://forums.mindwerks.net/viewforum.php?f=2

The IRC channel is the same, thank you for the rep Mithrandil.

Last edited by Axass; 02-01-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #46
Ingoman
Prophet
Academy Student

Ingoman is a jewel in the roughIngoman is a jewel in the roughIngoman is a jewel in the rough

Evil Genius just released chapter 250 actually
Those guys are pretty cool too
And hey, easy on Miura, he's been making Berserk for 15 freakin years :p

Old 02-01-2005, 04:35 AM   #47
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingoman
And hey, easy on Miura, he's been making Berserk for 15 freakin years :p
That's exactly why I'm saying that he's slow... 15 years for 250 chapters, Kishimoto needed 5 years for 245...

Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #48
Drizzt
Ah.. is that so?
Genin

Drizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of lightDrizzt is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Drizzt Send a message via MSN to Drizzt Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandil
Does the anime skip all those Hentai like parts??? Cause they can become pretty rough ;)

They do the hentai thing mildly in the anime.

However, for the first one (volume 1-3) they skip in the series.. they don't even show puck! T_T

^^
>8

However.. there has been no fight involving Guts for a while now T_T.. just the lil punks..

^^
>8

but I did enjoy the hack n slash game that was brought out!

Last edited by Drizzt; 02-01-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #49
Code
Zoamelgustar
#narutofan crew > you

Code is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is Transcendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axass
That's exactly why I'm saying that he's slow... 15 years for 250 chapters, Kishimoto needed 5 years for 245...
Well Hajime no Ippo has been going on for 15 years and it's nearing 700 chapters and it's still weekly I believe... But that doesn't matter, as long as the series is good. Bi-weekly ain't so bad, there are other monthly series out there that sometimes take a break such as FMA and TT.

I might as well read Berserk by chapters since the volume releases take too long. Though I'm already somewhere in volume 28.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #50
Koeter13
Hatriot
Academy Student

Koeter13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but naruto is getting worse and worse. you can already see some dbz-like fights. berserk is still fresh its fun to read, especially the character developments

Old 02-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #51
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

OMG, I think that right now I love Naruto more than ever. And the only DBZ fight is Naruto/Sasuke right now. Hopefully it will remain the only one. Berserk instead is getting kinda slow lately. Gutts has done anything important in the last 10 or so chapters... they keep concentrating on the others characters... I don't like Berserk like I liked it at the beginning. The whole Band of the Hawk flashback was pure gold, now with all the magic the Berserk Armor, etc... it really went down on my favourite manga list...

Old 02-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #52
Code
Zoamelgustar
#narutofan crew > you

Quote:
OMG, I think that right now I love Naruto more than ever. And the only DBZ fight is Naruto/Sasuke right now. Hopefully it will remain the only one. Berserk instead is getting kinda slow lately. Gutts has done anything important in the last 10 or so chapters... they keep concentrating on the others characters... I don't like Berserk like I liked it at the beginning. The whole Band of the Hawk flashback was pure gold, now with all the magic the Berserk Armor, etc... it really went down on my favourite manga list...

I actually have a competely opposite view. The band of hawks flashback was nowhere near the rest of the series well there are worse arcs such as that church arc with that flat faced guy... And the Berserk armor is awesome, it seems to be really central to the story as it is called Berserk and the armor makes him go Berserk and the fact that he's supposed to be like how the Skull Knight was and his fate is the same as his... blah blah blah.

I won't really even think of comparing Naruto to Berserk...

Old 02-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #53
NekkiBasara
Academy Student

NekkiBasara should be left alone; it bites

yeah i can easily see comparisons from dbz to naruto....they started just having battles where all they do is constantly talk.... then fight for 5 minutes ie dragonball..... powering up for 3 episodes then fight for 5 minutes...they both still great shiznitt animes...but berserk the super shiznitt and the anime just barely covers the surface of what lies in the manga...why did the anime end when it did...that shit boggles my mind....and certain scenes from the manga cant seem to leave my head... ****Spoiler**** sort of.....like the one with that possessed horse and the church girl...or when guts was hacking up all the little fairy children...or when grifith was getting molested by the torture guy.....or when the king wanted to sleep with his daughter...that one came out of no where....wtf is going on in miura's head....berserks story keeps expanding and just getting better and better....i only hope that with all these open ended story arcs going on that when miura finishes it .....it ends just as great....not that i want it to end but i want it to come out more frequently.....

does anyone know.... where i can get the zodd figure in beast form i saw it once at eb like 3 years ago and never again....and have been looking at conventions, online, toy stores everywhere.....i think its by art of war.....

Old 02-04-2005, 02:34 AM   #54
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

Wow, I thought EVERYBODY loved the flashback arc. You learn something new everyday! ^_^
Well, I don't like the magic part because it's like changing the rules of the game while it already begun. I started reading a regular medieval manga with monsters and war, then in volume 23 (if I remember correctly) the magic pops out and take a major role.

BTW: Naruto's way better than Berserk IMO, even if Berserk was my first manga... >_> *runs away as quickly as he can*

Old 02-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #55
Code
Zoamelgustar
#narutofan crew > you

Quote:
Wow, I thought EVERYBODY loved the flashback arc. You learn something new everyday! ^_^
Well, I don't like the magic part because it's like changing the rules of the game while it already begun. I started reading a regular medieval manga with monsters and war, then in volume 23 (if I remember correctly) the magic pops out and take a major role.

BTW: Naruto's way better than Berserk IMO, even if Berserk was my first manga... >_> *runs away as quickly as he can*
Huh?

Berserk as always been a fantasy type manga... The demons and all... The magic even suits the setting like in midevil times and such things as the witch burnings. Also since when as the magic taken a major role? There is only 1 character who uses magic which is that girl who isn't any more major than any of the other characters such as Ishidoro(who rocks by the way...).

Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #56
Sabaku no Ira
Mortius of Phyrexia
Chuunin

Location: Playing Magic the Gathering with Yawgmoth in the Ninth Sphere
Sabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of lightSabaku no Ira is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, there has been talks about "magic" in the previous chapters of the manga (for example, there's a witch in the new Band of Hawk army. She's the one who led that guy through the forest of monsters to Griffith, who was summoning the souls of the fallen of his army in a battle earlier in a clearing), but the "magic" is just not shown up until the witch arc. It is one of my favourite not just because of the magic (which actually pushes all the main characters to the same level as Guts. Before it was Guts who basically does everything because he's levels above others), but because of the parrallels of paganism and Christianity (the Four Guardian angels, etc) which shows the non-sense of the intolerance of the Church in the manga.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #57
Ingoman
Prophet
Academy Student

Ingoman is a jewel in the roughIngoman is a jewel in the roughIngoman is a jewel in the rough

I do find it odd that Gutts doesn't get recognized more often. His reputation as "Hundred Man Killer Gutts" seems to have spread pretty far. I mean who else uses a sword that big?

Old 02-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #58
freegood
Rookie

freegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdom

^ Because Guts and the original Band of the Hawks were so unbelievable that their exploits were pushed to myth and legend.

I didn't like the introduction of magic either. First the flashback came, then everyone died and it changed everything. Then the magic gets introduced and it changes again. I don't think the creator knows how to end this series....

I think the pacing of the manga has slowly died down at this point. Griffin seems to be pushed into the shadows with the Black Hawks (Black or White?) searching for the fairy king and the Kush army trailing them.

Still, there's so much disturbing and thought provoking stuff in this series that makes it one of the best I've read.

Old 02-05-2005, 05:21 AM   #59
Axass
-Avenger-
Advisor

Quote:
Still, there's so much disturbing and thought provoking stuff in this series that makes it one of the best I've read.
Try Gantz then... you'll like it...

Quote:
Huh?

Berserk as always been a fantasy type manga... The demons and all... The magic even suits the setting like in midevil times and such things as the witch burnings. Also since when as the magic taken a major role? There is only 1 character who uses magic which is that girl who isn't any more major than any of the other characters such as Ishidoro(who rocks by the way...).
Sure magic has always been hinted in the first two arcs. But when Scherkie (Or whatever you want to call her. Sometimes I ask myself why the names the characters change every five chapters? Even when the same group translates it... can't they stick to a name?) entered the story it got a preponderant role. Every character has now a magic weapon, trolls, golems and the such were added and the witch basically keep saving the group everytime things go bad. And all the other characters... I liked when Gutts was alone against the whole world...

Old 02-08-2005, 06:52 AM   #60
freegood
Rookie

freegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdomfreegood is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Try Gantz then... you'll like it...
I hate unfinished series because I get too impatient. Is it likely to end soon?

Closed Thread