Why are fillers bad? - Naruto Forums

Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > Konoha TV
View Poll Results: Do you like the fillers?
Hell No! 72 55.81%
Yes! 9 6.98%
Love some, Hate some 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
SasukeUchiha19
Hurricane Tracker
Genin

SasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant futureSasukeUchiha19 has a brilliant future
Default Why are fillers bad?

I have been wondering why people don't like fillers that much. I think the fillers are great. They actually show the other characters more, because in the manga, Gamatatsu has only appeared once and Gamikichi twice, while they have had more appearances in the series than Kabuto's teammates. It showed the return of Mizuki who was only showed once in the manga and it revealed some new countries and two new villages (Kemurigakure, Kagerougakure ) and showed some humorous episodes. In fact, I can't wait till I can finally can see them in America, even though that will be about another year or so before that happens.

SasukeUchiha19 is offline   Reply With Quote
NarutoForums

Old 01-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
L
help me help myself!
Chuunin

L is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is LuminaryL is Luminary
Send a message via AIM to L

becuase its not there story and they dont know what to do with it. if they do anything important then it might controdict what the writer whould write later on....well thats my point of view....its not that bad for me, its just that am waiting for somthing better.

L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Haruko
in retrograde
Jinchuuriki

Haruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is Luminary

This is a joke right? Right? Seriously?
They're dreadful. It is made up. None of it happened in the manga, therefore it can't show any character development. The Mizuki arc was laughable to say the least. Tiger Biker Mizuki.
This has to be a joke.

Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Marguerite Perrin
Banned
Elite Teacher

Marguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdomMarguerite Perrin is a bearer of wisdom

Mizuki Tiger.... thats my answer

Marguerite Perrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
OMGicantbelieveit
>=D
ANBU Recruit

OMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hopeOMGicantbelieveit is a paragon of hope
Send a message via MSN to OMGicantbelieveit

I think they all SUCK. The plots are so pointless it's mind-raping.

EDIT:
Lol, I agree with you Methwolf. That was the WORST!

OMGicantbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
Kyon
Legendary Ninja

Kyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is CelestialKyon is Celestial
Send a message via AIM to Kyon Send a message via MSN to Kyon

The fillers are bad because they're terribly written and have shitty animation.

Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Azurite
U N I C O R N
Elite Jounin

Azurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hopeAzurite is a paragon of hope
Send a message via ICQ to Azurite Send a message via AIM to Azurite Send a message via MSN to Azurite Send a message via Yahoo to Azurite Send a message via Skype™ to Azurite

Because fillers arent the original work. They fill in so the manga can go ahead of the Anime, since the anime is really catching up to the manga.

Azurite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Micah
Banned
ANBU Squad Leader

Micah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faithMicah is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via MSN to Micah

Some are bad, some are good. Fillers are a necessary evil. An anime episode covers 2 sometimes 3 chapters of the manga. The anime can quickly catch up and surpass the manga, and once that happens we have to wait what 3-4 weeks for an episode? 2-3 weeks for the chapters to come out, then an extra week for them to do the episode. I would honestly rather watch fillers for a period of time than wait nearly a month for every new episode.

Fillers are there for a reason, just take the bad with the good.

Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
Jetstorm
The Wheel of Fate is Turning
Final Villain

Jetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right nowJetstorm is pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe right now

They are horrible because they rape the characters as well as have things that make no freaking sense. Naruto spams the rasengan and they are loaded with Naruhina moments that brainwash noobs.

These are the things that I have heard people complain about and if
I remeber correctly there are tons of other thhings that suck about them. Thank god I have never watched them. I don't know how anyone is able to watch more than three episodes if they are so crappy.

Jetstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
OrangeCo
Academy Student

OrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant futureOrangeCo has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to OrangeCo

Fillers are necessary. But these filler episodes are airing for too long, they're getting annoying >.<

Not to mention the bad plotline they have...

OrangeCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
Haruko
in retrograde
Jinchuuriki

Haruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is LuminaryHaruko is Luminary

I would honestly rather eat gruel for 6 months and clean horse shit than watch another filler. Possibly.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Grumman
The Critic
Genin

Grumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of lightGrumman is a glorious beacon of light

I'm fine with filler episodes. I am not fine with filler episodes which ignore any concept of good character design, plot or humour. I can't understand what possessed someone, upon reading about the Mizuki the Tiger concept and looking at the concept drawings, to not send them back to the team saying "This is an abomination against good TV, come up with something which doesn't suck."

Apparently in Japan there is no word for "Quality Control."

Grumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #13
narutofangd
Banned
Jinchuuriki

narutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminarynarutofangd is Luminary

IF they were 1/2 as good as other anime fillers they would be acceptable but sadly they're not, apart from the crap that has already been mentioned what i hate is half the stuff contradicts the creator for example ice jutsu who can and cannot use them.

narutofangd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #14
Haruko
in retrograde
Jinchuuriki

One of my personal favorites is when Neji uses Kaiten to Protect Naruto and Tenten inside it.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #15
WARpanda2007
Desert Panda
Chuunin

WARpanda2007 has much to be proud ofWARpanda2007 has much to be proud ofWARpanda2007 has much to be proud ofWARpanda2007 has much to be proud ofWARpanda2007 has much to be proud ofWARpanda2007 has much to be proud of

I love some and then I hate some. They are just a necessary part of the anime/manga relationship. Theres no going around it or through it. Get over it. Watch if you want to, or not. Its your preference.

WARpanda2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #16
Rori
-
Missing-nin

Rori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is CelestialRori is Celestial

I don't think it's just down to the fact they're not canon. There are some series' with good fillers.

But Naruto's are just absoloutely dreadful. Each arc ends with Naruto rasengan-ing the bad guy. Not to mention the overuse of the most useless characters. (don't think I have to explain myself there, kthx)

Filler OC's, as I call em'. People like menma, don't like them, I'd rather stick with the original manga characters.

Oh, and lack of Sasuke, too. For me.

Rori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:41 AM   #17
Fonster Mox
Khe Tyūbi
Jounin

Fonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truthFonster Mox is an honorable bastion of truth
Send a message via Yahoo to Fonster Mox

No character development
no consistent story
no new characters to care about
terrible art and animation quality
cheapening and overuse of kagebunshin and rasengan
stupid storylines
wanting the manga story but never getting it
lack of Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi screentime
ruining characters
plot holes and stupidities (Neji can't defeat flying rocks, Sasuke's grandmother rises from the dead to appear in a filler arc)

I could go on but it's 4.40am and I think I made my point.

Fonster Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
Cirus
Banned
God of Shinobi

Cirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is AscendantCirus is Ascendant
Gaara

I don't hate the fillers. It is how I would say:
Have a strong dislike, with an intent to harm them.
Other then that I have no problem with them. Sometimes they are funny, while others are like a vaccum cleaner with two speeds: Suck and Slap my self for even watching them. Over all I will still watch them because even though they do not relate to the manga story it helps give character development on some of the not so important characters that are in the show and manga.

Cirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #19
Amaru
has the big tits
Academy Teacher

Amaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant futureAmaru has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Amaru Send a message via MSN to Amaru Send a message via Yahoo to Amaru

I liked some, I hate the rest. My personal favorite was the Lolin Shino. Because really, how often are we going to get that?

If only we got something like the Bleach filler. Bleach filler was the shit and no one deny it. Bleach filler had a plot and Quincy-Lovin, what more could a fan ask for?

Oh well. A few more weeks and it will all be over, and we'll start being pissy about something else. *sighs contently* Fans are so hard to please.

Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:43 AM   #20
zero0one1
Academy Student

zero0one1 is on a distinguished road

I haven't watched a single filler since they started, what almost two years ago? I watched a half of the first filler and saw how bad it was, then saw how heavily panned its been by everyone so I just said I'd wait for the real anime to kick back in. After all, all you really need is the manga.

It should be nice to start downloading the anime every week again, its been such a long time.

zero0one1 is offline   Reply With Quote