Your Naruto Fanfic Pet Peeves... - Page 32 - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Naruto Avenue > House of Uzumaki > Fanfiction
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #621
Tomcat171
The NaruIno Fapping
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ino-chan's pants
Posts: 1,375
Blog Entries: 2
Tomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is Ascendant
Default

One of my biggest peeves? People who positively review something that clearly has no right to be read by human eyes. Those people have less of a brain than the author, IMO. They'd be the people to most likely willingly touch a pile of crap if it smelt like roses.

Another peeve? Yaoi. There seriously seems to be more of it than het fics around. At this moment, under the category of 'completed M-rated fics with only Naruto as a tagged character', 19 out of 25 fics on the very first page are of a goddamn gay coupling (NaruSasu, NaruKiba, NaruGaa, NaruSai and NaruKaka, to be precise). Of the remaining 6 fics, two of them have no second character tag, and the rest are fucking NaruHina.

The more I see NaruHina fics peppered everywhere, the closer I slip to making NaruHina the only NaruFem pairing I hate.

Tomcat171 is offline  
NarutoForums
        


Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #622
Whirlpool
Triumvir
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland.
Posts: 11,116
Whirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is DivineWhirlpool is Divine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat171 View Post
One of my biggest peeves? People who positively review something that clearly has no right to be read by human eyes. Those people have less of a brain than the author, IMO. They'd be the people to most likely willingly touch a pile of crap if it smelt like roses.

Another peeve? Yaoi. There seriously seems to be more of it than het fics around. At this moment, under the category of 'completed M-rated fics with only Naruto as a tagged character', 19 out of 25 fics on the very first page are of a goddamn gay coupling (NaruSasu, NaruKiba, NaruGaa, NaruSai and NaruKaka, to be precise). Of the remaining 6 fics, two of them have no second character tag, and the rest are fucking NaruHina.

The more I see NaruHina fics peppered everywhere, the closer I slip to making NaruHina the only NaruFem pairing I hate.
I dont mind yaoi, but it does take up a lot of the space.

Whirlpool is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #623
Tomcat171
The NaruIno Fapping
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ino-chan's pants
Posts: 1,375
Blog Entries: 2
Tomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is Ascendant
Default

It's the clogging up that drives me up the wall...

I'm fine with people writing what they want, otherwise I'd be a hypocrite, but when I see nothing but that crap on every page, that's when I start breaking things.

Tomcat171 is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #624
Baby Joe
Just as planned.
Torture Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the Uzumaki play.
Posts: 1,252
Baby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat171
Another peeve? Yaoi. There seriously seems to be more of it than het fics around. At this moment, under the category of 'completed M-rated fics with only Naruto as a tagged character', 19 out of 25 fics on the very first page are of a goddamn gay coupling (NaruSasu, NaruKiba, NaruGaa, NaruSai and NaruKaka, to be precise). Of the remaining 6 fics, two of them have no second character tag, and the rest are fucking NaruHina.
Kinda like this?:


Quote:
Originally Posted by TekJounin
I don't find "shinobi" any better or worse than "ninja." What else would you call them?
Yeah. It doesn't really matter if you call them "shinobi" or "ninja". Even the Viz translation of Naruto uses the word "shinobi" a lot.

One of my peeves is these OCs (self-inserts) that find themselves in the Akatsuki or when the Akatsuki happen to find themselves in our world. Or when the Akatsuki turn into cats. Or when the Akatsuki find a baby. Get my drift?

Baby Joe is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #625
Tomcat171
The NaruIno Fapping
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ino-chan's pants
Posts: 1,375
Blog Entries: 2
Tomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joe View Post
Or when the Akatsuki turn into cats.
How many times has this been mentioned here now?

Tomcat171 is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #626
Wang Yuanji
Empress Wénmíng
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,446
Wang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is Luminary
Default

People who use "kami" instead of God. Not as a character but in expersions.

"Thank Kami."
"You Kami damned bastard."
"May Kami have mercy on us all."
"For Kami's sake"


Last edited by Wang Yuanji; 01-31-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Wang Yuanji is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #627
Primavera
Starstruck
Special Jounin
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dancing underneath the skies of lust.
Posts: 634
Primavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is LuminaryPrimavera is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joe View Post
One of my peeves is these OCs (self-inserts) that find themselves in the Akatsuki or when the Akatsuki happen to find themselves in our world. Or when the Akatsuki turn into cats. Or when the Akatsuki find a baby. Get my drift?
Ugh, same here. Those Akatsuki self-insert fics are really prevalent in the Itachi and Deidara tags. It's annoying when I'm trying to find a good yaoi fanfic and only find ones about desperate fangirls.

And the cats thing is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Yuanji View Post
People who use "kami" instead of God. Not as a character but in expersions.

"Thank Kami."
"You Kami damned bastard."
"May Kami have mercy on us all."
"For Kami's sake"
THIS.

Primavera is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #628
Baby Joe
Just as planned.
Torture Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the Uzumaki play.
Posts: 1,252
Baby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Yuanji
"You Kami damned bastard."


Another thing that irritates me has to do with reviewers. I hate the reviewers who sign their name after reviews. It's a small, but annoying thing.




What if when Madara teleports he stops through our world, and what if he decides that he wants to keep a girl with a beautiful voice as a pet? And uses her as a maid for the Akatsuki? What if she falls in love with Deidara? Pre-Shippuden Post original



There are so many things wrong with this summary.


Last edited by Baby Joe; 02-01-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Baby Joe is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #629
BellatrixLestrange
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Genin
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 127
BellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of lightBellatrixLestrange is a glorious beacon of light
Default

The grammar in the above summary alone screams "DO NOT READ".

Yes, it's seeing entire pages of garbage summaries like that that makes me want to puke.

I don't mind yaoi and I don't mind NaruHina, if they're well-written. Unfortunately, that's not the majority of the fics under those categories.

BellatrixLestrange is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #630
Wang Yuanji
Empress Wénmíng
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,446
Wang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joe View Post


Another thing that irritates me has to do with reviewers. I hate the reviewers who sign their name after reviews. It's a small, but annoying thing.




What if when Madara teleports he stops through our world, and what if he decides that he wants to keep a girl with a beautiful voice as a pet? And uses her as a maid for the Akatsuki? What if she falls in love with Deidara? Pre-Shippuden Post original



There are so many things wrong with this summary.
I wonder if he/she happens to be the girl with a beautiful voice.

Wang Yuanji is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #631
Dream
prince of lies
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 41,248
Dream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein ÜbermenschDream ist ein Übermensch
Default

I've grown to hate stories where Naruto wears a "mask", it's a lame plot device to instantly turn Naruto into a genius without changing any events because Naruto certainly would have grown up differently if he was a genius.

Dream is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #632
TeamSenju
I put the ho in hokage
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 152
TeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faith
Default

When they have Naruto constantly calling Sasuke "Hey, teme!"
And then Sasuke replies "What, dobe?"

People who give Konoha all four seasons. For some reason that bugs me. It has been said in the show that Land of FIRE is warm year 'round.

Lame Japanese. Saying "hai" instead of a simple "okay". Using the whole "chan" and "kun" I can tolerate since that can not be translated otherwise but using every single Japanese word you think you know can get confusing and unnecessarily so for readers.

Most of all, the reviews. Even the so-called "betas" on there refuse to give you genuine critique.

Oh and a lack of yuri. I'm a straight onlygayontheweekends girl who can not stand yaoi. I'd prefer yuri and there is just none of it.


Last edited by TeamSenju; 02-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.
TeamSenju is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #633
SaishuSoda
Evil for an Evil
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,704
SaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is TranscendentSaishuSoda is Transcendent
Default

I have three main pet peeves with fanfiction;

1. OCs (self inserts)

It is rarely ever done well. 9/10 times its being forced down my throat to acknowledge how "awesome" this OC main character is, but in reality it is just another terrible Mary Sue. Don't get me wrong I don't mind a small OC here and there, but when its a main character it is most the time akward and painful since you can feel with every word that the author is inserting themselves as the "cool kid" in the Naruto universe.

2. When characters are so far out of character that the only thing they have in common is their name.

When this starts to happen, I stop reading. No matter how far in the story I just can't accept it. It may be harsh but I just can't handle reading anything where (Example) Naruto is smarter than Shikamaru, and talks down to everyone like they're fucking stupid.

3. Unrealistic/Horrible Love Developments.

Ex. Sakura: SASUKE KUNNNN!

Sasuke: Sakura, you're annoying.

Sakura: But... I... I love you.

Sasuke: !?... How can you love a loner like me.

Sakura: I don't know, it just happened Sasuke-kun.

Sasuke: ... I'm an avenger at heart Sakura...but just maybe... I can give this "normal life" a try...with you. W-Will you marry me,Sakura?

Sakura: Do you even have to ask?


SaishuSoda is online now  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #634
The Jeffrey
That guy...
Academy Teacher
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Look behind you
Posts: 348
The Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faithThe Jeffrey is a guardian of the faith
Default

It only took about a couple of hours of looking around fics to gain one more peeve.

What is with all this Naruto stories in which he trains with the most random people and becomes a badass? I don't mind Naruto having different teachers (Hell, I even see it as a breath of fresh air) but when they given him some random fodder Chunin as a teacher...

It might be interesting for him to have a whole new teacher but they can't expect him to get to fucking Jonin level after training with a random Chunin for a few years.

I mean, the writer has to get real at some point, right?

The Jeffrey is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #635
Baby Joe
Just as planned.
Torture Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the Uzumaki play.
Posts: 1,252
Baby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSenju View Post
When they have Naruto constantly calling Sasuke "Hey, teme!"
And then Sasuke replies "What, dobe?"
I didn't even know what a "dobe" was until a few weeks ago.

Quote:
People who give Konoha all four seasons. For some reason that bugs me. It has been said in the show that Land of FIRE is warm year 'round.
Eh. I don't see the problem with giving Konoha more seasons.

Quote:
Lame Japanese. Saying "hai" instead of a simple "okay". Using the whole "chan" and "kun" I can tolerate since that can not be translated otherwise but using every single Japanese word you think you know can get confusing and unnecessarily so for readers.
I really can't stand when people go deep into the honorifics and start using Japanese like: "'Okay, Oba-san'" or somethin' like that. I read a fic earlier that had a problem with that.

Quote:
Oh and a lack of yuri. I'm a straight onlygayontheweekends girl who can not stand yaoi. I'd prefer yuri and there is just none of it.
Didja try the search engine? Just put in two girls' names and switch the thing to romance and see what pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaishuSoda View Post
I have three main pet peeves with fanfiction;
Let's hear 'em
Quote:
1. OCs (self inserts)

It is rarely ever done well. 9/10 times its being forced down my throat to acknowledge how "awesome" this OC main character is, but in reality it is just another terrible Mary Sue. Don't get me wrong I don't mind a small OC here and there, but when its a main character it is most the time akward and painful since you can feel with every word that the author is inserting themselves as the "cool kid" in the Naruto universe.
I agree completely.

Quote:
2. When characters are so far out of character that the only thing they have in common is their name.
When this starts to happen, I stop reading. No matter how far in the story I just can't accept it. It may be harsh but I just can't handle reading anything where (Example) Naruto is smarter than Shikamaru, and talks down to everyone like they're fucking stupid.
Yeah. I hate Smart Naruto. And Dark Naruto. And Serious Naruto. And Powerful Naruto. And God-like Naruto. And all his other incarnations.

Quote:
3. Unrealistic/Horrible Love Developments.
'Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jeffrey View Post
I mean, the writer has to get real at some point, right?
They do, but it never happens.

I can't stand these fics where some people (usually the Akatsuki) find themselves in our world or some people (usually an OC) find themselves in Naru-Land. I mean, c'mon! If they're going to be AU, then make it AU. If you're going to make your OC hang with the Naruto crew in Naru-Land....then don't write the fic!

But, honestly, this world traveling thing irks me.

Baby Joe is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #636
TeamSenju
I put the ho in hokage
Genin
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 152
TeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faithTeamSenju is a guardian of the faith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joe View Post
I didn't even know what a "dobe" was until a few weeks ago.

Eh. I don't see the problem with giving Konoha more seasons.
Apparently "dobe" was used once in the series and for some reasons a lot of people use it in fanfics.

As for the seasons I agree it's not a big deal in the least. I never point it out in reviews I leave so it's just a weird thing that I realize is completely weird.

TeamSenju is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #637
Wang Yuanji
Empress Wénmíng
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,446
Wang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is LuminaryWang Yuanji is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaishuSoda View Post

3. Unrealistic/Horrible Love Developments.

This. Especially Harems where every girl in the universe falls for the protaganist. How unrealistic is that?

A love triangle is one thing. Happens in real life. When I see

Naru/Saku/Hina/Ino/Ten/Tema/Tayu/Kin/Zaku/Tsun/Shiz/Kure/Anko I go insane

Wang Yuanji is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #638
NoxiousNerdgasms
Cannibal
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 13
NoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant futureNoxiousNerdgasms has a brilliant future
Default

I like how some fanfics turn out to be like a cliche disney princess movie where whatever couple would fall in love with each other at first sight... or in the duration of one night~
*sarcasm of course*

NoxiousNerdgasms is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #639
Baby Joe
Just as planned.
Torture Specialist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the Uzumaki play.
Posts: 1,252
Baby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is LuminaryBaby Joe is Luminary
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Yuanji View Post
This. Especially Harems where every girl in the universe falls for the protaganist. How unrealistic is that?

A love triangle is one thing. Happens in real life. When I see

Naru/Saku/Hina/Ino/Ten/Tema/Tayu/Kin/Zaku/Tsun/Shiz/Kure/Anko I go insane
Zaku? What's he doin' there?

Another story with a stupid summary:
challange by the infamous man what if Hinata uncklod the power of her ancestor and becomes the pein of this world evil hinata. naruhina

Baby Joe is offline  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #640
Tomcat171
The NaruIno Fapping
ANBU Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ino-chan's pants
Posts: 1,375
Blog Entries: 2
Tomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is AscendantTomcat171 is Ascendant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Yuanji View Post
This. Especially Harems where every girl in the universe falls for the protaganist. How unrealistic is that?

A love triangle is one thing. Happens in real life. When I see

Naru/Saku/Hina/Ino/Ten/Tema/Tayu/Kin/Tsun/Shiz/Kure/Anko I go insane
Then I advise you stay a galaxy's diameter away from 'Eroninja' at all times

There's a new girl added every chapter (or more than one on rare occasions).....and there's now 22 chapters....

Tomcat171 is offline  
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
Quick Style Chooser


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.    

Design(s) Provided By: Neado Designs

Lifetricks.com Bestlifehacks.org Ben10-games.org
Spiderman-games.com Buyanewcase.com Addicting Games