Fairy Tail - Naruto Forums
  • Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Akihabara District > Manga Library > Popular Series Discussions > Fairy Tail
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Proxy

Proxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is ElysianProxy is Elysian

Fairy Tail

Alternative title:
フェアリーテイル (Japanese)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Supernatural

In the world of magic, there are associations called guilds in which people of varying magical abilities unite to strengthen themselves as well as for other purposes. This story tells of a young fire mage named Natsu, who's current purpose is to find his parent, Igneel, who happens to be a dragon. He belongs to a guild called Fairy Tail, who in the world of mages are renowned for being quite the trouble.

While there are guilds who follow the strict rules of conduct, there are those who stray from this path and become dark guilds which are not sanctioned.

Guilds strive by offering their services in return for payment. Usually, jobs taken by Fairy Tail often leads to chaos, due to its members' rambunctious behavior and often pushes its members to their limits. Accompanied by the newest mage, Lucy Heartfilia, and longtime friends Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, and Happy, Fairy Tail is nothing short of an adventure worth getting into.

The Fairy Tail FC

Last edited by Proxy; 11-23-2008 at 11:38 PM.
NarutoForums

Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
Six
Shoujo Material
Elite Jounin

Six is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Six

wah... i just read this yesterday. kinda cool, really.

Natsu reminds me of Firefist Ace.^^

Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
ZarakiLee
RockLee's Father,Kenpachi'sSon
Chuunin

ZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant futureZarakiLee has a brilliant future

I read it and it seemed pretty cool. Ill have to read more though. It looked like One Piece to me which is probably why i started reading it

Old 08-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
gnutte
~Bored~
Elite Teacher

gnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminary
Send a message via MSN to gnutte Send a message via Skype™ to gnutte

One chapter and I'm hooked.. just amazing. Reminds of One Piece. And Natsu is just awesome.

Last edited by gnutte; 08-09-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
Mori`
Sunshine.
#narutofan crew > you
Advisor

Mori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnutte
One chapter and I'm hooked.. just amazing. Reminds of One Piece. And Natsu is just awesome.
I really liked the panels when he got serious, especially his expressions on the 'I'm Natsu from fairytale' and 'fuuu, thanks for the food'

really looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
Hef
Night Work
AdvisorSalieri

Hef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is RapturousHef is Rapturous

Natsu looks exactly like Luffy and Ichigo.

Lucy looks like Nami.

But it was good, can't wait to read more of it scanlated.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #7
gnutte
~Bored~
Elite Teacher

gnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminarygnutte is Luminary
Send a message via MSN to gnutte Send a message via Skype™ to gnutte

Chapter 2 is out raw so hopefully it won't be long until it's scanlated.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
Aether
WTF 100%
Examiner

Aether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Aether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin
I really liked the panels when he got serious, especially his expressions on the 'I'm Natsu from fairytale' and 'fuuu, thanks for the food'

really looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
Yea I liked those pages the most. Natsu is really badass once he gets serious despite his motion sickness.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
TenshiOni
Inactive/Former Admin
Vagabond

TenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareilTenshiOni est le sans pareil

Yeah, I liked it from the get-go. Style reminds me of One Piece (never read much of Rave).

I plan to follow it.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
Mori`
Sunshine.
#narutofan crew > you
Advisor

Mori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultraMori` is the ne plus ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnutte
Chapter 2 is out raw so hopefully it won't be long until it's scanlated.
I saw someone on MH talking about working on a LQ scan of it (for anyone wanting raw #2 there's d/l links in the o.p. but please keep discussion under tags)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshioni
Yeah, I liked it from the get-go. Style reminds me of One Piece (never read much of Rave).
that brings up something I'd like to know, how similar was Rave's art style to FairyTail's?

also I wonder if there's any signigicance in it being called Fairytail rather than fairytale, or whether thats just bad engrish...

Old 08-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
Hokage Naruto
Doesn't want a Custom Title
Salieri

Hokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is ElysianHokage Naruto is Elysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin
also I wonder if there's any signigicance in it being called Fairytail rather than fairytale, or whether thats just bad engrish...
Maybe, that the main character was trained by a dragon, they used tail which symbolizes the dragon and the main characters ability with fire.

Overall, its a decent manga. I'll defintely read more of it.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #12
Sawako
Legendary Ninja

Sawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is Ascendant

The style reminds me of One Piece, which means I might like.

Thanks for posting the link. I'll check this manga out.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
pakku
surlier than ever
ANBU Recruit

pakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faithpakku is a guardian of the faith
Send a message via AIM to pakku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taira
that brings up something I'd like to know, how similar was Rave's art style to FairyTail's?
I was wondering the same thing, so I took a quick look. The two are very similar, of course, but Fairy Tail feels like it has even more OP influence than Rave.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #14
Sawako
Legendary Ninja

Sawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is AscendantSawako is Ascendant

Wow, the first chapter is great! This is a manga I'm sticking to!

Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #15
Haohmaru
The Legendary Samurai
Kage

Haohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is TranscendentHaohmaru is Transcendent

Yeah the first chapter is pretty interesting. And I don't know to many Magic manga's. This is the first Magic manga I'm reading actually. I'll be sure to continue, thanks Taira

Old 08-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #16
Code
Zoamelgustar
#narutofan crew > you

Code is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is TranscendentCode is Transcendent

I dled the raw when I saw it a week ago. Looked intresting, it reminded me of One Piece a bit as so many others have already said... luckily someone's scanslating it. I'm wondeirng how it'll develop though, hopefully it's more creative than cliche.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #17
Six
Shoujo Material
Elite Jounin

Six is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is CelestialSix is Celestial
Send a message via MSN to Six

uh.. the creator of Fairy Tail and Rave is the same person..

Old 08-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #18
oceanizer
Academy Student

oceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of lightoceanizer is a glorious beacon of light

I'm glad people are liking this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taira
It is most likely intentional, like how Hokage Naruto explained. Also, the author Mashima Hiro did a one shot called Fairy Tale, which had a totally different story line from Fairy Tail. ... Just a note ;)

By the way, the one linked on the first post here is a bad version, and we have version 2 now. I hope you guys will bother to come to IRC to redownload the correct chapter ... Or wait until ch2 comes out from us; that's when we will put up a http link for ch1 ver2 (though it still contains some minor mistakes -__-).

Old 08-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #19
Aether
WTF 100%
Examiner

Aether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of lightAether is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Aether

This is a weekly manga right?

O yea I had the urge to color something
Spoiler:

Last edited by Aether; 08-10-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #20
Sawako
Legendary Ninja

Wow, I like the coloring, Aether!

Closed Thread