• Free Naruto Games
  • Naruto Wallpaper
  • Want a Good Laugh Check out These Funny Pics
Welcome to the Naruto Forums. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Notices

Go Back   Naruto Forums > Outskirts of Konoha > Roleplaying Forum > OOC Lounge
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #321
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

Shin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessStrategyGames View Post
Yes, I get that there are benefits to an alliance, but WHY do they want an alliance? To oppose the world government? That seems to just give them extra work to do. What is their reason for opposing the Government? What do they hope to do when the WG is no longer around?
I don't really see the issue, maybe that's why I can't give you a satisfactory answer. To me, I've seen pirates work together, I don't find it odd that they could have reasons to do so, what those reasons would differ per person so there really is no one big satisfying answer like the one you seek.

Why they oppose the government? It's a corrupt entity that stands against everything they stand for. It's not that hard to imagine that even beyond that, the pirates have had plenty of encounters with authority and that personal experience motivates them in their quest.

What do they hope for when the W.G.? There's no easy answer for this because of the complications. Not sure if the overall mindset would be that they seek the destroy the W.G. I can imagine a lot of them thinking ahead far enough to know that it would be a bad thing.
Like they know police is needed, they just don't want the police to be able to keep them down.

I think we should vary it a bit, some are complete anarchists, some are just revolutionaries, etc.

Quote:
I agree that privileges, money, and brute force persuasion are all very good recruitment tactics. What I don't understand is this infiltration idea. What do you hope to gain by having a pirate infiltrate? And why use officer agents? It seems like anyone could do the job, and it's just a tremendous waste of manpower.
Maybe it isn't the most realistic thing, but hey this OP and it's an awesome idea. I mean I get where you are coming from, but this isn't about making the organization the most effective thing ever. We just want it to be awesome. I'm not going to buy shares in them, I just want to have fun with them.

Quote:
Hearing you explain it like that I have no further gripes. Go ahead.
I wish my answers for your other things were of the same caliber.

Quote:
just let the rings be normal rings and have everyone carry around a den den mushi and a white den den mushi (that one blocks interception, in case you forgot). I think holograms wouldn't really fit, plus they'd draw unnecessary attention.
My concern was mostly that it might be a bit too obvious and suspicious if they carried those around, like people might not know what they really are up to be but they'd know they were doing some sneaky. But that may not be a bad thing. The rings and the Den Dens could be the "hint" up until the official reveal......... While we pretend we didn't know it was coming all along.

Quote:
Shin already said, Dodeci Anelli doesn't roll off the tongue. Also, it doesn't make much sense for a group with frequently changing membership to have a set number like that (don't cite the Shichibukai, they merely prove my point). We should find something better.
I imagined that the overall membership would stay about the same, only in this current age of Piracy the chaos of it all made them lose a few members (10) and so they need to be replaced. Generally I imagined that their recruits, when they officially became members than they would have proven themselves to be exceptional pirates and so "death" isn't that big of a factor in loss of members. Also they are members for life.....

Regarding the name, maybe it needs to grow on me. Makaosu didn't really charm me at the time either, that said the name does seem a bit too long for me. In it's full form it should be something like Yonkou, Shichibukai, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
The one thing I'm kind of confused about. If our agents aren't going to be working together, what are they going to be doing? Are each one going to have their own crew? I'm a little confused about his part.
I imagined that they left their original crews, letting their commanders/mates lead in their stead while they go undercover.
So they have their own crews still up and running, they contribute to the infrastructure of the org. but they are undercover in different crews while faking their strength.

NarutoForums

Old 05-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #322
EndlessStrategy
The Wandering Tactician
S-Class Missing-nin

EndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is Celestial

Quote:
Why they oppose the government? It's a corrupt entity that stands against everything they stand for. It's not that hard to imagine that even beyond that, the pirates have had plenty of encounters with authority and that personal experience motivates them in their quest.

What do they hope for when the W.G.? There's no easy answer for this because of the complications. Not sure if the overall mindset would be that they seek the destroy the W.G. I can imagine a lot of them thinking ahead far enough to know that it would be a bad thing.
Like they know police is needed, they just don't want the police to be able to keep them down.

I think we should vary it a bit, some are complete anarchists, some are just revolutionaries, etc.
I think I get it now, you're saying that they're not opposing the government so much as making sure that they can't be easily deterred by them, lending each other their strength when necessary, right?

Quote:
Maybe it isn't the most realistic thing, but hey this OP and it's an awesome idea. I mean I get where you are coming from, but this isn't about making the organization the most effective thing ever. We just want it to be awesome. I'm not going to buy shares in them, I just want to have fun with them.
I have no issue with that, so long as I'm not obliged to carry out any infiltration.

Quote:
My concern was mostly that it might be a bit too obvious and suspicious if they carried those around, like people might not know what they really are up to be but they'd know they were doing some sneaky. But that may not be a bad thing. The rings and the Den Dens could be the "hint" up until the official reveal......... While we pretend we didn't know it was coming all along.
sounds good, they'd try to be discreet, and the few times they slip up would make excellent foreshadowing.

Quote:
I imagined that the overall membership would stay about the same, only in this current age of Piracy the chaos of it all made them lose a few members (10) and so they need to be replaced. Generally I imagined that their recruits, when they officially became members than they would have proven themselves to be exceptional pirates and so "death" isn't that big of a factor in loss of members. Also they are members for life.....

Regarding the name, maybe it needs to grow on me. Makaosu didn't really charm me at the time either, that said the name does seem a bit too long for me. In it's full form it should be something like Yonkou, Shichibukai, etc.

I was under the impression we were presenting this group as a growing power as opposed to an established one. How long do you think they've been around? I still don't like the name, I'll tell you if I come up with anything.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #323
Noitora
CAPUA

Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!Noitora broke through Heaven - Who the hell do you think he is?!
Send a message via MSN to Noitora

So in a nutshell what are we doing?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #324
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

Shin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is CelestialShin_Yagami is Celestial

Quote:
I think I get it now, you're saying that they're not opposing the government so much as making sure that they can't be easily deterred by them, lending each other their strength when necessary, right?
I guess, I'm as much as expert as you here. At best I was charmed by Infichi's idea and tried to flesh it out a little, it's hard to say where my imagination begins and where actual decisions start.

Quote:
I have no issue with that, so long as I'm not obliged to carry out any infiltration.
No, owner's are free to do use their agents in whatever manner they choose. Also even if we wanted to, there wouldn't be 12 crews and squads to put them in. At this point we need a UC, MP, RB, TFIJ and TFAJ infiltrator. So that makes five of them infiltrating.

I'll refrain from calling the RB infiltrator Things like that might be better settled at a later point.

Quote:
sounds good, they'd try to be discreet, and the few times they slip up would make excellent foreshadowing.
Ah....The downside of group planning, epic reveals rarely generate genuine surprise.

Quote:
I was under the impression we were presenting this group as a growing power as opposed to an established one. How long do you think they've been around? I still don't like the name, I'll tell you if I come up with anything.
See answer above, it might've been a slip up on my account. I just imagined that the rings and the whole tradition went back for a while. This could be something we don't decide to go with, or it could be that this version of the org. simply has bigger plans than previous incarnations.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #325
Vergil
Busy procrastinating
Hokage

Vergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is Ascendant
Send a message via Yahoo to Vergil

@Shin - whose turn is it to post with Shinsengumi? I can keep going if you like. In fact I reckon you and Kuno go off and do the actual mission and Sendo goes to find his kid, which inadvertently leads him to what you guys are investigating.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #326
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

I think it was mine actually.....

I guess we could do that, we'll be pausing the Bliss Island arc soon but if you have time for it. Did you plan on Jace being captured by those slavers? Might be an idea to have Sendo discover a trace of his Son's whereabouts but by the time he gets there Jace is already sold off....... Did you have something like that in mind?

Old 05-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #327
Pyro
Got my PHD in OP
Jinchuuriki

Pyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is ElysianPyro is Elysian

Quote:
We haven't got that worked out yet, but something as simple as that doesn't make for a very good goal in my opinion.

She'd have to be preeeety strong if she's gonna balance things out all by herself.

Each Tarot agent is the captain of their own crew. We will be working by ourselves, or in pairs. I believe the missions we've discussed so far are either recruitment or World Government opposition. We'd either show up to give the marines trouble, or try to recruit a promising new crew, by force if necessary.

Alright that makes more sense to me. I guess I'll just wait to make my bio until there's a little more information.

As for you thinking she would have to be too strong to be able to have that goal, just because she has a goal doesn't mean that he is going to be able to complete it single handily. Otherwise what's the point of joining an organization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Yagami View Post

I imagined that they left their original crews, letting their commanders/mates lead in their stead while they go undercover.
So they have their own crews still up and running, they contribute to the infrastructure of the org. but they are undercover in different crews while faking their strength.

So are we to create an entire NPC crew for each of our Tarot card members? Cause that seems a little daunting and messy.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #328
EndlessStrategy
The Wandering Tactician
S-Class Missing-nin

EndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is CelestialEndlessStrategy is Celestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
So are we to create an entire NPC crew for each of our Tarot card members? Cause that seems a little daunting and messy.
That's hardly necessary. You can just have the crew be nameless pirates, and add as many named pirates as you choose, but beyond the officer agent it's totally optional.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #329
Vergil
Busy procrastinating
Hokage

Vergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is AscendantVergil is Ascendant
Send a message via Yahoo to Vergil

Quote:
I think it was mine actually.....

I guess we could do that, we'll be pausing the Bliss Island arc soon but if you have time for it. Did you plan on Jace being captured by those slavers? Might be an idea to have Sendo discover a trace of his Son's whereabouts but by the time he gets there Jace is already sold off....... Did you have something like that in mind?
As usual you can totally read me. Man, it's going to be really difficult to surprise you in Lyon's Estate

Yeah, it's going to be a while till he finds Jace or his wife.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #330
InfIchi
I AM DA PLOT NINJA
Final Villain

InfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is TranscendentInfIchi is Transcendent
Send a message via AIM to InfIchi Send a message via MSN to InfIchi

Quote:
Yes, I get that there are benefits to an alliance, but WHY do they want an alliance? To oppose the world government? That seems to just give them extra work to do. What is their reason for opposing the Government? What do they hope to do when the WG is no longer around?
i've explained that already, once the world government is gone, they hope to bring in their ideals of piracy. But i was thinking of having them function, should they EVER accomplish their goal, as all trying to one up each other now that the government is gone and make the "Pirate King" the ruling person.

Quote:
I agree that privileges, money, and brute force persuasion are all very good recruitment tactics. What I don't understand is this infiltration idea. What do you hope to gain by having a pirate infiltrate? And why use officer agents? It seems like anyone could do the job, and it's just a tremendous waste of manpower.
Again, this is a pointless statement, i have already said that officers within the pirates own crews could infiltrate instead.

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I still think the group should just be divided by crews.
it IS divided by crews, the 12 rings are the 12 captains, each captain has their own armada/crew to control and each crew has a different purpose.
Quote:
just let the rings be normal rings and have everyone carry around a den den mushi and a white den den mushi (that one blocks interception, in case you forgot). I think holograms wouldn't really fit, plus they'd draw unnecessary attention.
i agree with this
Quote:
Shin already said, Dodeci Anelli doesn't roll off the tongue. Also, it doesn't make much sense for a group with frequently changing membership to have a set number like that (don't cite the Shichibukai, they merely prove my point). We should find something better.
Then call them Anelli or Te Anelli The Rings

Quote:

I'm not getting a good picture here. What goals would a person have that require the world government out of the way?
PIRATES.

PIRATES.

pirates can not function as they wish in a world with the world government. Due to the fact that the world government wants them gone. I am not getting what is so hard to understand about that.

A group of pirates wish to see piracy become truly legal, to be the way of the world. The only way to do that is to remove the current ruling system.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #331
EndlessStrategy
The Wandering Tactician
S-Class Missing-nin

Quote:
I've explained that already, once the world government is gone, they hope to bring in their ideals of piracy. But i was thinking of having them function, should they EVER accomplish their goal, as all trying to one up each other now that the government is gone and make the "Pirate King" the ruling
person.
pirates can not function as they wish in a world with the world government. Due to the fact that the world government wants them gone. I am not getting what is so hard to understand about that.

A group of pirates wish to see piracy become truly legal, to be the way of the world. The only way to do that is to remove the current ruling system.
Very well, I think I understand now.

Quote:
Then call them Anelli or Te Anelli The Rings
I'll keep thinking about it.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #332
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

Regarding the 12 Rings, I'll try to have my agent up tomorrow. We need less discussion and more agents! Might be funny coming from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
As usual you can totally read me. Man, it's going to be really difficult to surprise you in Lyon's Estate

Yeah, it's going to be a while till he finds Jace or his wife.
Actually only made that realization mid sentence, you might have guessed from how I wrote it

So you're getting closer

Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #333
Palpatine
Heheheh
Kage

Palpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is TranscendentPalpatine is Transcendent

Quote:
@ Pal: Did you still want Ten to join up with the UC after this arc?
I'm figuring out how I'll have Yuki join and I originally figured that Ten would be freed from a marine ship/base after the UC stumble upon it somehow (Hadn't worked out specifics) it would probably be convenient to have Yuki in a similar situation. Seeing as how I intend to intro her by having a battle with a certain marine.

@UC: Set up the battle, hopefully people will have something to work with. Kuno can sit this one out though if she wants, I would like to see her do a battle again at some point (been a while since I saw one from her, I think) but this one might be a bit too much to start out on
I'm okay with that. Although I need to think of a reason why she would be at the base and not at Volk's lab.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #334
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

I've got a few basic arc ideas, I think something short and sweet would be appropriate and after that they'll head to the Grand Line. It'll depend on what you decide to do with Ten, is she on a mission and what is her current status?(As in is her self awareness already causing problems/suspicion)

I figured that as she tries to discover her humanity, she'll run into a members of the UC. While this happens somewhere else a few other UC members stumble upon the execution site of Yuki.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #335
Adamant soul
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

Adamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is Luminary

Decided to join this so here is my character
Spoiler:
Name: Alex the trouble Monkey

Starting Location/Current Location: West Blue

Appearance: Alex stands at a minuscule 5 foot, 8 inches tall and certainly isn't the most muscular teenage boy you've ever seen being rather skinny though he does have some muscle. His eyes are a deep grassy green and his scruffy mop of hair is a fiery red color (think Luffy's hair but red) and his skin is a light tan color. His most striking physical feature however is the long tail about half the length of his body wrapped around his waist, a result of eating a devil fruit. He wears an ocean blue, sleeveless top sowed on to the belly of which is a laughing monkey face with two bananas in a sideways x shape below it, Alex's Jolly Rodger. His lower body is covered by Black shorts which due to Alex's small stature stretch down to just below his knees. His feet are bare as he has never been able to acquire footwear not that he would get any as he has grown used to it

Personality: Chaotic good
To say that Alex is playful and a bit of a troublemaker would be the understatement of the millennium. Growing up if he wasn't seen playing pranks on random villagers he was at the Marine base boasting of the feats he would accomplish when he became a pirate traits which only seemed to become more prominent after eating his Devil Fruit. This playfulness even finds its way into his fighting style making a game out of a serious situation is just how he is. He is perpetually cheerful and helpful to anyone in need of it. He seems truthfully unafraid of potential consequences and won't shy away from a fight. His ambition is to have the ultimate adventure and so he sets his sights on One Piece and the Grand Line

Dream/Goal: Form and lead a crew of pirates on the ultimate adventure though the Grand Line and obtain One Piece.

History: Alex's parents left him at an orphanage almost immediately after his birth so he has spent his entire life as an orphan. Alex didn't mind so much though as it was a nice orphanage, the people who ran the place were genuinely kind people and the other kids were fun to be around. Then maybe it was Alex who was the one who was fun to be around with his constant antics. Never one to let a place become dull Alex would tell everyone fantastic stories of what he would do when he became a pirate.

At the age of 8 Alex started playing practical jokes on, kids in the orphanage, citizens of the village and even occasionally on the Marines though the latter usually led to the Marine lieutenant who Alex quite friendly with over the years coming to speak with the owners of the orphanage about Alex's behavior. He would just brush the scoldings of the middle-aged man and would come back with better pranks as time went on.

When he was 10 years old pirates came to the village and burned many a building to the ground including the orphanage in their raid before the Marines drove them off. In the wake of the attack Alex discovered a small chest the pirates had dropped when they were running from the Marines. Opening it he found a strange looking fruit. His hunger overcame him and he ate the fruit although he would later discover that it was in face a Devil Fruit, a zoan to be exact which afforded the boy the ability to change his form to that similar to a monkey.

With the orphanage destroyed and the owners dead, Alex led the other orphans that he would come to call his baboon platoon as something of a play at being a pirate. With his new abilities and cunning mind they were always able to "acquire" the food and other such things they needed to survive. Of course this led to Alex having more scoldings from the lieutenant who in a bid to teach the young boy discipline tried to train the boy to fight.

Since then Alex has became quite the formidable opponent, what he lacks in strength and toughness he makes up for with speed, agility and acrobatics especially in his zoan form which thinking it cool in his childish mind saw fit to stay transformed most of the time and it was his monkey like form most of the villagers would come to recognize and he saw himself as something of a protector for the orphans. The lieutenant tried to teach him a rokushiki technique known as tekkai to compensate for his lacking in toughness. Alex is still trying to learn the technique but has bigger things on his mind as he wishes to leave and start his adventure he promised himself he would go on and sometime very soon he will leave the island forever.

Crew: Baboon Platoon - as of now it is only Alex's make believe pirate crew with himself as captain but soon he shall attempt to make a real crew under the name with adventure in mind for all.

Ship: To be updated

Specialty/Profession: Pirate captain/Thief

Fighting Style: Alex carries his playful personality with him into the heat of battle. Combining the superhuman speed, agility and acrobatics that come from his Devil Fruit abilities, Alex likes to play with his opponents, taunting them when they miss and using his monkey like body to his advantage with some rather unorthodox moves

Pogo tail punch/kick - uses his tail like a Pogo stick to propel himself into his opponent delivering a swift punch/kick to the face of his opponent

Propeller kicks - Positions himself in a handstand and outstretches his legs in a n upside down splits-like stance then starts to spin using his legs like the propeller of an airplane to kick opponents in a wide radius or to deliver a barrage of kicks to a singular opponent

Flying monkey headbutt - Jumps high into the air and crashes down on the opponent head first like a torpedo butting heads with the enemy

Monkey wrecking ball - positions himself in a ball shape then uses his tail to set himself in motion using his body as a living weapon to trip his opponents

Weapons: Now what fun would that be?

Devil Fruit: Monkey Monkey fruit - zoan type fruit that transforms the users body into a form resembling a monkey. In this form Alex's body becomes covered in a thin layer of dark brown fur, his hair starts to stand causing two large turfs of hair to spike up on either side of his head and his nails turn black and sharp. In this form Alex's agility and speed rise to superhuman levels adding to his already agile frame. He can hang from trees and other objects using his tail and is capable of all manner of monkey-like feats. His strength while still not that impressive rises to the level of a full-grown man.

Items: N/A

Bounty: To be updated

Color: Come on up, the game is just getting started

Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #336
StrawHat4Life

StrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to StrawHat4Life

I guess I'm just waiting on TFAJ to meet up with TFIJ. I'll get up a Ravenbeard post next.

Are there any characters I need to add to the front page?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #337
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant soul View Post
Decided to join this so here is my character
Spoiler:
Name: Alex the trouble Monkey

Starting Location/Current Location: West Blue

Appearance: Alex stands at a minuscule 5 foot, 8 inches tall and certainly isn't the most muscular teenage boy you've ever seen being rather skinny though he does have some muscle. His eyes are a deep grassy green and his scruffy mop of hair is a fiery red color (think Luffy's hair but red) and his skin is a light tan color. His most striking physical feature however is the long tail about half the length of his body wrapped around his waist, a result of eating a devil fruit. He wears an ocean blue, sleeveless top sowed on to the belly of which is a laughing monkey face with two bananas in a sideways x shape below it, Alex's Jolly Rodger. His lower body is covered by Black shorts which due to Alex's small stature stretch down to just below his knees. His feet are bare as he has never been able to acquire footwear not that he would get any as he has grown used to it

Personality: Chaotic good
To say that Alex is playful and a bit of a troublemaker would be the understatement of the millennium. Growing up if he wasn't seen playing pranks on random villagers he was at the Marine base boasting of the feats he would accomplish when he became a pirate traits which only seemed to become more prominent after eating his Devil Fruit. This playfulness even finds its way into his fighting style making a game out of a serious situation is just how he is. He is perpetually cheerful and helpful to anyone in need of it. He seems truthfully unafraid of potential consequences and won't shy away from a fight. His ambition is to have the ultimate adventure and so he sets his sights on One Piece and the Grand Line

Dream/Goal: Form and lead a crew of pirates on the ultimate adventure though the Grand Line and obtain One Piece.

History: Alex's parents left him at an orphanage almost immediately after his birth so he has spent his entire life as an orphan. Alex didn't mind so much though as it was a nice orphanage, the people who ran the place were genuinely kind people and the other kids were fun to be around. Then maybe it was Alex who was the one who was fun to be around with his constant antics. Never one to let a place become dull Alex would tell everyone fantastic stories of what he would do when he became a pirate.

At the age of 8 Alex started playing practical jokes on, kids in the orphanage, citizens of the village and even occasionally on the Marines though the latter usually led to the Marine lieutenant who Alex quite friendly with over the years coming to speak with the owners of the orphanage about Alex's behavior. He would just brush the scoldings of the middle-aged man and would come back with better pranks as time went on.

When he was 10 years old pirates came to the village and burned many a building to the ground including the orphanage in their raid before the Marines drove them off. In the wake of the attack Alex discovered a small chest the pirates had dropped when they were running from the Marines. Opening it he found a strange looking fruit. His hunger overcame him and he ate the fruit although he would later discover that it was in face a Devil Fruit, a zoan to be exact which afforded the boy the ability to change his form to that similar to a monkey.

With the orphanage destroyed and the owners dead, Alex led the other orphans that he would come to call his baboon platoon as something of a play at being a pirate. With his new abilities and cunning mind they were always able to "acquire" the food and other such things they needed to survive. Of course this led to Alex having more scoldings from the lieutenant who in a bid to teach the young boy discipline tried to train the boy to fight.

Since then Alex has became quite the formidable opponent, what he lacks in strength and toughness he makes up for with speed, agility and acrobatics especially in his zoan form which thinking it cool in his childish mind saw fit to stay transformed most of the time and it was his monkey like form most of the villagers would come to recognize and he saw himself as something of a protector for the orphans. The lieutenant tried to teach him a rokushiki technique known as tekkai to compensate for his lacking in toughness. Alex is still trying to learn the technique but has bigger things on his mind as he wishes to leave and start his adventure he promised himself he would go on and sometime very soon he will leave the island forever.

Crew: Baboon Platoon - as of now it is only Alex's make believe pirate crew with himself as captain but soon he shall attempt to make a real crew under the name with adventure in mind for all.

Ship: To be updated

Specialty/Profession: Pirate captain/Thief

Fighting Style: Alex carries his playful personality with him into the heat of battle. Combining the superhuman speed, agility and acrobatics that come from his Devil Fruit abilities, Alex likes to play with his opponents, taunting them when they miss and using his monkey like body to his advantage with some rather unorthodox moves

Pogo tail punch/kick - uses his tail like a Pogo stick to propel himself into his opponent delivering a swift punch/kick to the face of his opponent

Propeller kicks - Positions himself in a handstand and outstretches his legs in a n upside down splits-like stance then starts to spin using his legs like the propeller of an airplane to kick opponents in a wide radius or to deliver a barrage of kicks to a singular opponent

Flying monkey headbutt - Jumps high into the air and crashes down on the opponent head first like a torpedo butting heads with the enemy

Monkey wrecking ball - positions himself in a ball shape then uses his tail to set himself in motion using his body as a living weapon to trip his opponents

Weapons: Now what fun would that be?

Devil Fruit: Monkey Monkey fruit - zoan type fruit that transforms the users body into a form resembling a monkey. In this form Alex's body becomes covered in a thin layer of dark brown fur, his hair starts to stand causing two large turfs of hair to spike up on either side of his head and his nails turn black and sharp. In this form Alex's agility and speed rise to superhuman levels adding to his already agile frame. He can hang from trees and other objects using his tail and is capable of all manner of monkey-like feats. His strength while still not that impressive rises to the level of a full-grown man.

Items: N/A

Bounty: To be updated

Color: Come on up, the game is just getting started
Cool character, I have something of a fondness for monkey characters so obviously I like this one a lot. He's also very One Piece, a trait I have trouble giving to my characters. Anyways accepted.

For starting advice, a lot of new users come in with the desire to make their own crew but for various reasons I'd' have to advice to at least initially take it slow, and tag along with other people/crews first.

There are a couple of reasons why, but primarily people tend to overlook that it's not just all benefits to being a captain and that it brings a lot of responsibilities. Also as you could imagine, you might need to prove yourself in the eyes of others first. People don't know if you're going to stick around or if your style will match theirs.

Finally though, could you do me a favor and decide on a specific type of monkey. So that other people who desire to make a monkey Zoan, would be able to chose a different type of monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat4Life View Post
I guess I'm just waiting on TFAJ to meet up with TFIJ. I'll get up a Rvebeard post next.
Should I have them flashforward and head towards the TFAJ or whichever island this is going to take place? (Can't recall ATM)

Quote:
Are there any characters I need to add to the front page?
I believe so, at least one character of mine but I believe more. I'll go look them up for you.
BTW thanks for unlocking that thread.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #338
StrawHat4Life

StrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareilStrawHat4Life est le sans pareil
Send a message via MSN to StrawHat4Life

I need to work out the specifics of the arc and the setting. So who's definitely going to be joining in?

Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #339
Shin_Yagami
The gruntiest of grunts
Kage

@S4L:

Went back a couple of pages, and I believe I've got them all.

Unnamed Crew:
Yuki
Also Ten and Dapper are currently placed in different locations, but they'll be joining officially in the near future.

TFAJ: I think it needs it's own heading
Garrick
Amelia
Dom and Marx

Ravenbeards:
Nogari

East Blue general miscreants:
Meteor

West Blue general miscreants:
Alex

Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #340
Adamant soul
Doesn't want a Custom Title
S-Class Missing-nin

Adamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is LuminaryAdamant soul is Luminary

Quote:
Cool character, I have something of a fondness for monkey characters so obviously I like this one a lot. He's also very One Piece, a trait I have trouble giving to my characters. Anyways accepted.

For starting advice, a lot of new users come in with the desire to make their own crew but for various reasons I'd' have to advice to at least initially take it slow, and tag along with other people/crews first.

There are a couple of reasons why, but primarily people tend to overlook that it's not just all benefits to being a captain and that it brings a lot of responsibilities. Also as you could imagine, you might need to prove yourself in the eyes of others first. People don't know if you're going to stick around or if your style will match theirs.

Finally though, could you do me a favor and decide on a specific type of monkey. So that other people who desire to make a monkey Zoan, would be able to chose a different type of monkey.

Should I have them flashforward and head towards the TFAJ or whichever island this is going to take place? (Can't recall ATM)

I believe so, at least one character of mine but I believe more. I'll go look them up for you.
BTW thanks for unlocking that thread.
So basically I should have Alex join one of the current crews for a while before I have him strike off and make one of his own. As for the type of monkey thing, not sure exactly what you mean, do you like specify if he's a baboon, orangutan, chimpanzee or whatever. Didn't exactly have a specific type in mind when I made the profile.

Closed Thread